Any PW bugs fixed?Balanced gameplay?

Options
__Nymph__ - Sanctuary
__Nymph__ - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
So yeah i asked this question a while back,because i was thinking of starting to play PW again and was checking if any of the bugs or gameplay had been improved while i was gone.And i found out that it didn't have any changes,only less people playing.So here i am few months later and asking again.Has something changed for the better since after about 2months of Rising Tide expansion?
Post edited by __Nymph__ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zarkz - Raging Tide
    Zarkz - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yep , they are always updating , so be patience. Many bugs have been solved.
  • __Nymph__ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yep , they are always updating , so be patience. Many bugs have been solved.

It's kinda hard to believe that in such a small time period they have opened their eyes and started fixed a lot of bugs and improving gameplay.What about class,skill bugs?Last time i asked they weren't fixed at all.How's the class balance?Are sins and psy's still owning everyone?Cash shop items gotten more expensive?How's the economy?Probably like **** but any improvements?I want to know those kinds of things.Sure devs are always fixing things but usually they never fix the major,important stuff.
  • Avryll - Sanctuary
    Avryll - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    aside from rubberbanding, what are these bugs/glitches people talk about so much that supposedly nver get fixed? the game is pretty damn stable
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So yeah i asked this question a while back,because i was thinking of starting to play PW again and was checking if any of the bugs or gameplay had been improved while i was gone.And i found out that it didn't have any changes,only less people playing.So here i am few months later and asking again.Has something changed for the better since after about 2months of Rising Tide expansion?

No, No major bugs was fixed at all. Even worse. They f**** up TT, nirvana and other instances. Especially for casting classes.
    PWI is much worse than was few months ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This thread just screams flamebait...you don't post something like this and then argue with somebody's answer...

And I agree with Avryll...the game is pretty much as stable as it has ever been, save some "lag" issues...

Edit: Ninja'ed by one of the game-flamers I was sure would show up. Thanks for proving me right!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • __Nymph__ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This thread just screams flamebait...you don't post something like this and then argue with somebody's answer...

And I agree with Avryll...the game is pretty much as stable as it has ever been, save some "lag" issues...

What do you mean 'something like this'?I asked a question and want to know with details.Saying the game is awesome everything's stable and balanced,you can't get the true information out.The players who have reached endgame or are close to that they obviously have a lot of experience and they know the game and all it's buggs better than someone who just started playing.As just Mumintroll posted that's the answers I'm looking for.People who understand the game inside and out,not people who judge the game by it's outside looks.Don't say the cake is good because it has chocolate on top of it,because inside it could be rotten.<--Isn't pointed at anything just saying.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm sorry that I apparently didn't answer your question, but the only thing that Avryll missed was the issue of balance. I believe you were actually asked a question that you never answered. To what bugs were you referring?

And by the way, I have been in the game as long, if not longer, than Mumintroll. Levels really mean next to nothing anymore, and I don't believe complaining about new things answered your question either. So why did you single me out?

Edit:
    Lastly, why do you care so much about the endgame content? As far as I can see, your character isn't a high enough level to experience any of the things Mumin is complaining about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Avryll - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    melee and stacked- interval own the game now.
    people complained lunar was too hard, so they made it easier, people still coplained.
    people laughed at how easy TT3-x was comparetive to the other TTs, theymade it harder, people whine.
    people claim TW pay gave an unfair advantage to top TW guilds, they change it to mirages, people complain theres no reason to TW now. people just whine and complain about EVERYTHING, its ****.
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    melee and stacked- interval own the game now.
    people complained lunar was too hard, so they made it easier, people still coplained.
    people laughed at how easy TT3-x was comparetive to the other TTs, theymade it harder, people whine.
    people claim TW pay gave an unfair advantage to top TW guilds, they change it to mirages, people complain theres no reason to TW now. people just whine and complain about EVERYTHING, its ****.

we did not asked for TT 3-x modifications

we did not asked TW income to change to mirages.

so yah we complain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    cash shoppers own the game now.

people complained lunar was too hard, so they made it cost 3mil to open, people still coplained.

Nobody laughed at how easy TT3-x was comparetive to the other TTs, they gave all the bosses all buffs/debuffs/seals/random aggro and the ability to 1 shot any class, people whine.

Non-land owning noobs that sucked in TW claim TW pay gave an unfair advantage to top TW guilds, they change it to mirages and completely screwed up the bidding system, people complain theres no reason to TW now.

people just whine and complain about EVERYTHING, its ****.

You made a couple typos, I fixed it for you.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Avryll - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    you made alot of typos yourself, but really there is nothing wrong with the game, just stuff wrong in the heads of the forum goers. most of the poeople here are whiny babies.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

The 3mil is basically paying for the gold drop. Lunar has been made much easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited October 2010
    Options
    you made alot of typos yourself, but really there is nothing wrong with the game, just stuff wrong in the heads of the forum goers. most of the poeople here are whiny babies.

Actually those were all your typos, I lied about fixing them.

If PWE were a doctor they would cure a splinter with amputation.

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The 3mil is basically paying for the gold drop. Lunar has been made much easier.

Why pay for it? Effort and time alone should be payment enough, they only made a 3mil entry so it's less feasible to actually farm Lunar rather than cash shop lunar gears.

It was done to fleece the players out of money, that was the only reason.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I believe that not too long ago, people were complaining about the lack of coin sinks. PWI has fixed that, only to raise the hackles of those who didn't ask for the sinks. Thus, PWI is apparently in a lose-lose situation, they just picked the better option for their business.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2010
    Options
    I believe that not too long ago, people were complaining about the lack of coin sinks. PWI has fixed that, only to raise the hackles of those who didn't ask for the sinks. Thus, PWI is apparently in a lose-lose situation, they just picked the better option for their business.

Since the poor are poor/incometent the well off/competent players should be punished?

Just because people make money better than others isn't a valid reason to push "The only way to make money and get ahead of the curve is to cash shop."

PW wasn't in a lose/lose situation it was a Correct/Profit situation.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Avryll - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    well off/competent players
    well off and competent dont go in the same sentence. 9 times out of 10 theyre either 1 of 3 options.

1. super cash shoppers
    2. people who have super cash shopped friends to help them farm
    3. had some previous form of wealth from a monopoly or external source, which is usually related to 1 or 2. (most of the time huge pay from TW)

neither of these equate to being skilled, or having learned your class. that is probably the only problem with the game, the wealth gap. its near impossible to make any kind of money nowadays unless you already have money. but dont ever loop those people with the rest of us.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    well off and competent dont go in the same sentence. 9 times out of 10 theyre either 1 of 3 options.

1. super cash shoppers
    2. people who have super cash shopped friends to help them farm
    3. had some previous form of wealth from a monopoly or external source, which is usually related to 1 or 2. (most of the time huge pay from TW)

neither of these equate to being skilled, or having learned your class. that is probably the only problem with the game, the wealth gap. its near impossible to make any kind of money nowadays unless you already have money. but dont ever loop those people with the rest of us.

Huge TW pay? 4mil a week TW pay versus the 10mil a week it costs to be adequately prepared. So yeah, Land holding factions were already "in the hole" just because of holding land. If anything TW pay meant ppl who sold items that would be used in TW could sell at a more profitable price and in turn the non-land holding players would have more money.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Avryll - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Huge TW pay? 4mil a week TW pay versus the 10mil a week it costs to be adequately prepared. So yeah, Land holding factions were already "in the hole" just because of holding land. If anything TW pay meant ppl who sold items that would be used in TW could sell at a more profitable price and in turn the non-land holding players would have more money.
    10m to be adequately prepared? what on earth are you doing to prepare? the 2 top factions paid for supplies for everyone before pay back in the day, and still gave people a mil or more to spend as they like. in the hole, thats a crock of ****.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    10m to be adequately prepared? what on earth are you doing to prepare? the 2 top factions paid for supplies for everyone before pay back in the day, and still gave people a mil or more to spend as they like. in the hole, thats a crock of ****.

even 10m is not enough is 1m+ for 1 gold charm,and for cata barbs 1 is not even enough.
    and 100k per tower theres 3 in base n 2 on each lane as far as i remember so 900k there....
    so yah that killed TW for anyone who doenst cash shop to get charms with money they can use to get 1 night with a mmm courtesan (lol) , or a beer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *Tries to point the topic in a less volatile direction*

The point is, there are absolutely no gamebreaking bugs that need to be fixed (thus, no "major" bugs), and as for balance...when the game has always had a semi-OP class, does this even apply anymore?

This means that there are no real issues in this game that would prevent a player from coming back. Things change, always have and always will. We just have to learn to adapt or move on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2010
    Options

Well it's easy to kill a plat charm per 3hr TW so 2 plat charms at 2~2.5mil eats that 4mil up, plus having apoth, def charms, atk charms. You seriously have no idea how much it costs to TW do you?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    well one of the major bugs never fixed is

Flesh Ream on pets not just nix, they do same dmg both on pve n pvp making them overpowered.

but wont be fixed either because that would make ppl stop buying nixes o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Also, GMs have already told us that it isn't a bug, that it was the way it was intended to work. So don't claim bug when something really isn't, according to PWE staff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Avryll - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    there hasnt been a phoenix ******** thread in over 2 years, what makes you think that it is a glitch/still a problem nowadays?
    edited October 2010
    Options
    there hasnt been a phoenix ******** thread in over 2 years, what makes you think that it is a glitch/still a problem nowadays?

what makes you think i care what you has to say? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Also, GMs have already told us that it isn't a bug, that it was the way it was intended to work. So don't claim bug when something really isn't, according to PWE staff.

then barbs flesh ream should do same dmg on pve n pvp too o.o since is same skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

This pretty much shows you're an idiot that doesnt know what they're talking about. TW pay was never profitable. It covered costs of TW, leaving you with no gains. But a lvl 70 wouldnt know that & would just like to talk out of their ***.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    But do you buy the barb skill from boutique items? It's all a matter of sales, really...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2010
    Options
    well if they put sage or demon flesh ream on bidding hall then it would be via cs XD , tho i doubt any1 would pay more than 1 gold for it. -insert tiger smile laugh-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]