Saving pwi?

Garaver - Harshlands
Garaver - Harshlands Posts: 882 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Dawnglory (EU)
Latetly I've noticed, as I'm sure all the regular forum users have, that the HL forums, even more, the pwi forums, have become boring; sensless threads and a lack of inspiration for new ones. I wanted to do an interesting post but then I realized... There's nothing interesting worth talking about here anymore.

I've heard so many times "pwi is dying", ppl QQing about packs killing the game, the tw and tt changes, etc.

What would do do to save pwi, what do u consider would revive the interest of the users of this game, or is it beyond salvation?

In my opinion, this game in many senses have still a lot of potential, but in many ways, a lot of bad decisions have been made by the developers of it in the past couple of months, but nothing beyond repair or change. Thanks in advance for the comments :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Semi-quit the game, I'm very busy nowadays
-Former member of Kylin
-Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
Post edited by Garaver - Harshlands on

Comments

• prnflakez
    prnflakez Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    1st - reset all servers
    2nd - make it pay to play
    3rd - remove cashshop
    4th - nerf assassins
    5th - make tw 20 vs. 20
    6th - include an npc that sells cashshop items like worldchat / fashion / dye
    7th - change some stats of weapons / phy/mdef-ornaments
    8th - remove atk/def lvl
    9th - remove safety lock
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    increase cap add new maps new instances
    give the people who are bored something to do
    b:bye
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    What usually makes a game entertaining are its players. With all those changes the game as been through, alot of competitive, fun and good players left the game or rarely play, because of that I cant honestly see a non-expensive way of saving the game from death.
    The game isnt dead yet, a few players still are joining the game and before I quit I noticed that there were still new players coming in to the server. The question is, how long will those players be in the game till they quit for better games?
    This game was created over 5 years ago, its possible to make small changes and make it better, although it wont last long not because its **** but because better games will come and eventually current players will quit for those and potential players wont be interested to join anymore. Take Forsaken world for example, you would be surprised with the amount of old pwi players that are planning on moving there, pwi fall is inevitable but so it the fall of every old mmo game.
  • Garaver - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    prnflakez wrote: »
    1st - reset all servers
    2nd - make it pay to play
    3rd - remove cashshop
    4th - nerf assassins
    5th - make tw 20 vs. 20
    6th - include an npc that sells cashshop items like worldchat / fashion / dye
    7th - change some stats of weapons / phy/mdef-ornaments
    8th - remove atk/def lvl
    9th - remove safety lock

U clearly stablished a few issues that I too consider need to be changed, but there are a few I disagree.

Point number 4 in my opinion is an issue that ppl always complain about, but seriously, SINS ARE NOT OP, they're squishy as hell, not very good at pve till they good aps, as a bm, I've never been "owned" (owned meaning getting killed without being able to do anything) by a sin geared in a way that is fair balanced with me. I think ppl mistake "sins being op" with "cash shopper sins being op", if u have a +12 dagger on a 5 aps sin with 9k or 10k hp, zomg of COURSE they are beasts, but as any other class with those attributes.

Also tw 20 vs 20 would be boring, I would rather have different tw scenarios, instead of just 1, get the land coins back, and 50 vs 50, still enough ppl to make it fun with less lag.

Pay to play in my mind is not the solution, the cash shopping players were always a little more op than non cash shoppers, but the unbalance went nuts with the packs, that was the real issue, what I would do is never place any more packs again, that of course is unfair to new players and ppl that never got any goodies out of them, cause of the already way too op players that they won't be able to beat, but if the packs keep coming back it will be a vicious circle.

Another thing, that may sound extreme, that I would do is remove the attack lvl, but increase the defense lvl, 'cause if find extremly stupid the "1shot pvp" that have become today's way of pvping. Example: bm comes running out to cleric, stuns him/her and with aps cleric drops before doing anything, then a wiz comes and 1 shots the bm, then an archer 1 shots the wiz, a sin appears and with aps kill the archer in a blink, psy comes and 1 shot the sin.... I mean.... -_- stupid and boring...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Former member of Kylin
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    Elednor - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Remove every "update" of the last 13 months....well, the wedding chappel can stay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prnflakez
    prnflakez Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    U clearly stablished a few issues that I too consider need to be changed, but there are a few I disagree.

Point number 4 in my opinion is an issue that ppl always complain about, but seriously, SINS ARE NOT OP, they're squishy as hell, not very good at pve till they good aps, as a bm, I've never been "owned" (owned meaning getting killed without being able to do anything) by a sin geared in a way that is fair balanced with me. I think ppl mistake "sins being op" with "cash shopper sins being op", if u have a +12 dagger on a 5 aps sin with 9k or 10k hp, zomg of COURSE they are beasts, but as any other class with those attributes.

Also tw 20 vs 20 would be boring, I would rather have different tw scenarios, instead of just 1, get the land coins back, and 50 vs 50, still enough ppl to make it fun with less lag.

Pay to play in my mind is not the solution, the cash shopping players were always a little more op than non cash shoppers, but the unbalance went nuts with the packs, that was the real issue, what I would do is never place any more packs again, that of course is unfair to new players and ppl that never got any goodies out of them, cause of the already way too op players that they won't be able to beat, but if the packs keep coming back it will be a vicious circle.

Another thing, that may sound extreme, that I would do is remove the attack lvl, but increase the defense lvl, 'cause if find extremly stupid the "1shot pvp" that have become today's way of pvping. Example: bm comes running out to cleric, stuns him/her and with aps cleric drops before doing anything, then a wiz comes and 1 shots the bm, then an archer 1 shots the wiz, a sin appears and with aps kill the archer in a blink, psy comes and 1 shot the sin.... I mean.... -_- stupid and boring...

#4 is needed if you remove refines etc since you cant survive a sin if youre not heavy armor. their damage potential, compared to other classes, is far from balanced. even without 5.0 or +12. and 50 vs 50 are too many ppl for such an underpopulated game. with smaller and different TW maps 20 vs 20 would be fun. and there would be way more guilds that are on the map. also it increases the need of tactics and skill. which, now, doesnt matter due to the huge numbers and refines. also there wont be many oneshots if everyone has no refines, so if you just get rid of att and def lvl you would just have to balance the classes. well it wont happen anyway.
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    sins are booty w/o OP gear they cant kill anything
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Oh sure, when my thread is active you complain. Now that it's inactive, you complain.

Are you EVER happy??
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Garaver - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    #4 is needed if you remove refines etc since you cant survive a sin if youre not heavy armor. their damage potential, compared to other classes, is far from balanced. even without 5.0 or +12. and 50 vs 50 are too many ppl for such an underpopulated game. with smaller and different TW maps 20 vs 20 would be fun. and there would be way more guilds that are on the map. also it increases the need of tactics and skill. which, now, doesnt matter due to the huge numbers and refines. also there wont be many oneshots if everyone has no refines, so if you just get rid of att and def lvl you would just have to balance the classes. well it wont happen anyway.

I don't only play a bm, I also have light and arcane armor toons, and I know for a fact the sins are not op.

Also, i clearly see the point of 20vs20, and I share your opinion... just seems that 20vs20, in a guild (thinking an active guild) that have 150 players, which 40 of those are active, means 20 of them will be left out of the war, 50 ppl is the number that from experience I've come to realize that usually are on for TWs.

And the refine reset that u suggest...well...it won't happen; imagine the massive rage gms would face if they say to a person that have spent more than 500 dollars to massively refine his/her gear, maybe in various characters that they're gonna lose all that money. But asking to include...idk... a "def lvl refine stone" or something is something that: a)will generate more money for the gms which they will like ( greedy beings -_-) and b) even if it's a facked up idea, more power for csers, we gotta keep it real, pwe is a company, bussiness, they won't care about the user as a person, but as an income.
    Oh sure, when my thread is active you complain. Now that it's inactive, you complain.

Are you EVER happy??

O.o I have no idea what u talking about

U should quit the drugs lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Former member of Kylin
  • Rome - Harshlands
    Rome - Harshlands Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    merge LC and HL...no safezone....P2P MMORPG then this game would live again.
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    even better 1 safezone your personal house :D
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I realize I am from dreamweaver but the thread title peeked my interest, so I decided to read it. =x

I think instead of focusing on the problems we need to find something that still interests us, and start making topics about strategies in TW, a strategy that has the potential to nullify the effect of gears, and their refines. Many people are beaten before they are even step onto the field due to the intimidation of the other guild's power, etc. So perhaps if we can start ignoring that we can start trying to find a solution to give a slight boost in chances of the non cash shop users/the one's who believe they are beaten before they even begin.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    merge LC and HL...no safezone....P2P MMORPG then this game would live again.

LC and HL will never merge simply because they are on different coasts of the US. Only PVE servers have a chance at merge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Flanders - Harshlands
    Flanders - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    CoD: Black Ops, Tera Online, Guild Wars 2, Blade & Soul....that is all. (Patience young grasshoppers)
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    LC and HL will never merge simply because they are on different coasts of the US. Only PVE servers have a chance at merge.

LC and HL will probably merge once the playerbase gets really small. But this is only if pw wants the game to survive. MY-EN had a server merge once the population was really low because they wanted to continue making money. I'm not sure if PW will care for PWI once it gets to that point and they might just not merge servers due to the fact it would take some man hours. The time zone difference will have little effect on if we merge or not.
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    What would do do to save pwi, what do u consider would revive the interest of the users of this game, or is it beyond salvation?

It is beyond salvation imo, im just having fun til the end.
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Garaver - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    I realize I am from dreamweaver but the thread title peeked my interest, so I decided to read it. =x

I think instead of focusing on the problems we need to find something that still interests us, and start making topics about strategies in TW, a strategy that has the potential to nullify the effect of gears, and their refines. Many people are beaten before they are even step onto the field due to the intimidation of the other guild's power, etc. So perhaps if we can start ignoring that we can start trying to find a solution to give a slight boost in chances of the non cash shop users/the one's who believe they are beaten before they even begin.

I think a good idea would be reduce the cooldown time of apoth pots, except the sutra and ironguard, but that they don't share the cooldown with the rest of this potions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Former member of Kylin
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010

It's mostly the non-Csers who are QQing about the game dying...and they make up the largest population in game. Unforunately, the developers are making it so hard for those not paying up to play. Making it pay to play would actually make it worse; you'd loose about 70% of your playerbase right there with that move alone. Pair that up with dead TW and those Cash Shoppers who spend big money on it, and those who buy off gold to sell only to find gold prices are too high and people aren't buying.....

It's getting messy.

I'm not sure there is anything the players as a whole can do. Just wait until the end I guess.
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i think that the game is beyond repairs even though some stuff that i would think would be better made

an instance that brings good money would be fun soloble by any class(except sins and bms) takes a lot of time u c u need a squad to do ANYTHING in the game unless u r a sin or a bm this instance would take a lot of time so u can like do a part of it now get out continue doing it after u finished some other stuff so u dont get bored this instance would require at average 15-20 hour to complete this would shorten gap between cash shoppers and non cash shoppers would also make ppl who cant find squads to do stuff find stuff to do.

u say that cash shopper sins = cash shopper from any other class u r mistaken for i cant c a 15khp wiz with +12 wep able to solo nirvana a sin however can easily if they spent the same amount of money that enforces the gap more u get sins bms claw archers getting better gears from farming nirvana while other classes strive to find a squad so u enforce gap even more.

removing ann packs forever would be the worst thing that could happen that coming from a non cash shopper like me i only spent 10$ on the game ,anyway the economy of the game is sooo dependable on ann packs ppl use tokens for every thing weather its mana pots hp pots to hyper stones etc not to mention the gap that will happen between old players and new ones
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • CuteButEvil - Harshlands
    CuteButEvil - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    1. Better hacking prevention and support when it does happen. Right now there isn't much protection and a long turn around on support.

Well, no wonder with such a short amount of staff; darthpanda16 himself has said "There are less then 150 people in the USA PWE office. Not all of them are Customer, Billing, or Tech Support staff". Okay, wouldn't it be reasonable to ask for a little more staff if there are millions of PWi players? And that doesn't even include the other games PWe runs/owns. (maybe not hire more for Core Connect and more for tech support?)

The overall attitude I see with PWe staff towards players who have been **** is "you must have been trying to cheat or gave your password away". Not "hey, we're really sorry that happened, we're working as fast as we can to resolve this".

A week is not a reasonable turnaround for a MMORPG; despite what PWe says. A few years ago, I had an account get **** in a different MMORPG that was free to play (and I didn't even have the optional, paid account) and it took less than a day for them to get back to me.

2. More openness from PWe about what they *are* trying to do to fix problems. Really, two weeks of "minor localization changes"? What on earth does that mean even? It's a smack in the players' faces to not even bother telling us what they are doing in the patches to try to improve the game.

3. Last thing, lag. Squads that should not wipe even remotely are wiping because of lag.
    b:victory
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    TW maps 20 vs 20 would be fun
    decrease the number of spots in a guild from 200 to 50 and there you go... none taking over the map or crowded tw's
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    All of you have refreshing ideas that PWE could try. Too bad it will never happen. Just have fun til the end.

btw, I really like your idea kenlee b:thanks
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • CuteButEvil - Harshlands
    CuteButEvil - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    All of you have refreshing ideas that PWE could try. Too bad it will never happen. Just have fun til the end.

btw, I really like your idea kenlee b:thanks

Yep yep, but lol, one can dream. b:laugh
    b:victory
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    stuff

What's with all these DW's popping up all of a sudden?

.........b:shocked

OMAILAWD, SERVER MERGE /trolltrolltrolltroll
  • Garaver - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    i think that the game is beyond repairs even though some stuff that i would think would be better made

an instance that brings good money would be fun soloble by any class(except sins and bms) takes a lot of time u c u need a squad to do ANYTHING in the game unless u r a sin or a bm this instance would take a lot of time so u can like do a part of it now get out continue doing it after u finished some other stuff so u dont get bored this instance would require at average 15-20 hour to complete this would shorten gap between cash shoppers and non cash shoppers would also make ppl who cant find squads to do stuff find stuff to do.

u say that cash shopper sins = cash shopper from any other class u r mistaken for i cant c a 15khp wiz with +12 wep able to solo nirvana a sin however can easily if they spent the same amount of money that enforces the gap more u get sins bms claw archers getting better gears from farming nirvana while other classes strive to find a squad so u enforce gap even more.

removing ann packs forever would be the worst thing that could happen that coming from a non cash shopper like me i only spent 10$ on the game ,anyway the economy of the game is sooo dependable on ann packs ppl use tokens for every thing weather its mana pots hp pots to hyper stones etc not to mention the gap that will happen between old players and new ones

The sins comment, was obviously about pvp lol.

The mana event pots, and hp event that are aqquired by tokens, as a lot of the other stuff, clearly, would become avialable by other means in the case packs dissapeared lol.

What u say that it's true is the gap that will be between the already op ppl and the new players if the packs dissapeared, but as I said, even if it's unfair, if the packs keep coming back, the cycle will never end :(

The one thing that the pwi staff shouldn't have done were those packs, I gotta say, I got a few goodies out of them, and I love the event gear and millions packs gave me, but seeing the big picture... it facked everything up...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Former member of Kylin
  • Garaver - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=894492

that is not what to do to save ppl interest in pwi lol, watch and learn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Former member of Kylin
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I dont wanna watch that video gara caz everytime i watch a vid from zulu they have a song that is borderline h0mosexual on it
  • Garaver - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    I dont wanna watch that video gara caz everytime i watch a vid from zulu they have a song that is borderline h0mosexual on it

The "we are the champions" frog version is pretty cool actually lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Former member of Kylin
  • Skizo_mager - Harshlands
    Skizo_mager - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    im pretty new to this game just recently started i love this game its so awesome but if you guys are saying the game is going to die how long you think the game will last and is it worth continuing playing

*sighs* i was hoping to become pro demon wizzy one day =( guess not

guess ill just have to play world of rip you off cuz its so godamn expensive and not really worth it craft
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    thats a g@y song though gara