<--New barb.. :p
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
  • Chrystin - Raging Tide
    Chrystin - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I've mostly played clerics since beginning PW about 3 years ago. In that time I've developed a kinship with many barbs, and I try to look out for them. In any instance, I try to ensure their charms never tick -- not even once. My barbs always get top priority for healing. I MIGHT toss a heal on an aggro stealer, but ONLY if it won't jeopardize my barb or the squad. And, yeah, I get cussed at a lot by sins and archers, but life is tough, tougher if you're stupid. My favorite line is: "we can't help taking aggro." LOL ... well, yeah they can. Archers can dumb down to a lower level bow and use only the basic attack skill; and Sins can equip a bow. But, of course, most are too proud of their gear and possess too much of the "hero" mentality to ever let the tank be a tank. My response as a cleric (when they die) is: "Oops." :D

To understand barb issues better, I've birthed and raised a couple of my own. Currrently, I've got a low-level barb going on RT -- it's a nice change of pace to just batter things and not have to worry about finesse. ATM, I plan to run my barb up til I can FC with it.

As a cleric, I tend to avoid random FC squads because of all the aforementioned reasons -- mostly upper level newbs who've never learned how to play their class. Likely, I'll end up doing the same with my barb.
  • BudsBarb - Raging Tide
    BudsBarb - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Old thread but im bored sitting at work sooo...first off good ot see Fuzzy_Wuzzy still biggest troll in 2010 as he was in 2009 lolz...Second..As far as Barbs and pugging go they are like water and oil....not just beacuse of repairs etc but by the time you hit 70ish and are fairly decent barb...Your friends list prettymuch full andcant log on without getting pmed.So people screaming in wc I NEED BARB PLOX...Makes me giggle like a virgin at a prison dance.

KK bordem done
  • Zebomb - Heavens Tear
    Zebomb - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lol...... but most barbs (except the mass casher) are in hiding .... wanna know why? cause fishy hates kitty b:cry
  • XFireversalX - Raging Tide
    XFireversalX - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    On all servers Fuzzy pretty sure its the same. By the time a barb starts to get 8x+ they pretty much have their friends who they want to run with figured out.

It not that we are "rare" or going extinct or anywhere close to it. We just choose to avoid random squads like the plague, especially just to be used and abused to run people through FC.

btw, what you mean "can't level"? This statement makes no sense.

Hey there Fuzz, I was wondering what is the lvl req. for Varden? I am a pure dex sin but im probably too low. :D just a question.
  • Freizer - Lost City
    Freizer - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Silly necro is silly but ,still valid I guess
    volst wrote: »
    The real problem is the barb themselves.
    -There's nothing stopping them from making their own squad that's not filled with interval, but they're so scared of being laughed at for not being one that they don't even bother.
    Wrong, most of us do have FL full with people we enjoy running with. Interval or non interval. Or a guild that will gladly take us along. Please look around the barb forums to see how we actually DO feel about being non-interval
    -

-They're so obsessed with money that they avoid getting into random squads.
    No, we're obsessed with not-dieing, and repair bills. It's a common and well known problem that barbs get shafted with repairs, and it's not-our-fault if we are picky about who we run with, (a 3 hour run and a 1 hour run are the difference between repairing straight out of the run, or waiting for a few more runs)
    -They're so obsessed with money that they reroll a sin/bm too, and just give up on their barb. wrong again here for the same reason noted above. Most of us have alts of hard DD classes ( i personally have an archer) because it's a nice change from not doing alot of damage, or having to be in charge of making sure the squad doesing die.

Barbs are still very much required for rebirth, but guess what? None of them ever wants to go. Each boss in delta can drop like 600k coins (70-100k coins per person) and there are 9-10 of them. Not to mention mystical tome frags for completing the whole thing, and old book pages from wave 3 bosses and above. Wiz usually ends up tanking most of it since most barbs are just awful.
    I lol'd a bit at this one.

Why are you so obsessed with Nirvana? Drop rate is awful there. There's a reason people use interval there. Most runs are shared, so not like you're picking up a rapture for yourself for being a tank. If you want money, go farm colluseast in 3-1 for armors or 3-3 for footprints. You're still required in those anyways.
    Most of us can pick up 400-800k depending on drops, if the squad splits evenly and sells all the drops. Thats not bad for a 1hour run. besides NV armor = love for barbs
    Most people are such noobs nowadays that they think a barb is required in FC past 95+. Guess what? You're not, so abuse this fact. BH by 80+ is awful for exp/money anyways. Go die and make money, and recover the exp and some extra in FC at the end of the day.
    This was confusing , only because there were two points trying to be made with the same rock. And no we don't abuse the fact, most bm's don't really want to pull halls, and barbs make it go faster at 95+ by being able to pull all of that without much issue. (plus frighten, and debuffing the boss)
    5 aps means attacking 5 times as fast compared to most people. Also means their weapon (maybe rings too) breaks 5 times as fast. Stop complaining about repair costs. You barely attack 1 per second. Not like there are any 5 aps bosses that you are tanking anyways.
    DD's = 1 weapon to repair barbs = (I'll be generous and only include the major armor and weapon)6 pieces of gear. so in your math, the weapon breaks 5 times as fast as normal, well a barb has roughly 6 pieces of gear to worry about that break regularly (mostly after 1 or 2 runs) so barbs still have more to worry about than DD's 6 v1(x5) (and this was generous, not including the rings, belt, or necklace)

How do you think wiz and psy feels? They're not wanted in anything since they deal ****ty magic and get last in drops. Doesn't help that a lot of bosses endgame has mana drain. You're just as much a noob/selfish as the people you don't want to squad with. Just expecting everything to be handed to you in a silver platter.
    I wish I had a silver platter b:cry most wizards either quit, or stuck it out with guilds (like my wife). Like I said, most barbs at 90+ have their squads figured out, loyalty and reliability come first before actual class.
    In short, no we're not the QQ masters of PWI
    Lost City Sage barb and Retired Coven Marshal.
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ^ what he said.

Unless I'm bored out of my mind, I don't go to World Chat to get squads. I'm asked constantly by my faction and friends to run everything from BH/TT/FC, etc. I don't have time to run with strangers. b:surrender
  • doomknight1905
    doomknight1905 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    there is a lot of barbs beeing requested at world chat. im a low lvl barb (lvl 19) but im going to lvl up to 100 (i want to do it lol) so i can make things change :P
  • PaYwil - Heavens Tear
    PaYwil - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    RAWRRRR

Im still here :D

Regards b:bye

PaYwil