Barbs Are going Extinct

I_skateboard - Harshlands
I_skateboard - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Barbarian
im From HL prolly the smallest server out there
.. Every time I Look for Fc I Find everyone but barbs .. and barbs are no were to be found b:cryb:surrender
is this just HL or this happing to all servers ??
I cant lvl QQ
Post edited by I_skateboard - Harshlands on

Comments

• Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    On all servers Fuzzy pretty sure its the same. By the time a barb starts to get 8x+ they pretty much have their friends who they want to run with figured out.

It not that we are "rare" or going extinct or anywhere close to it. We just choose to avoid random squads like the plague, especially just to be used and abused to run people through FC.

btw, what you mean "can't level"? This statement makes no sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    Vorgen - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I tend to make random squads when i run Fcc....

However, that being said i hold lead because if your **** up, there are about 50+ ppl I CAN and WILL find to replace you. If you haven't learned your job right about now you never will not me being cruel i just dont like fail squads so fuzzy is correct. We do not like Random squads on a whole for the simple reason that alot of squads formed fail because the squad is outta sync with each other it sucks but it is true.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    If you think you cant level imagine how a barb feels.

Ok 70+ we pickup but under 70 (ok, this is from before BHs were introduced, so perhaps outdated) but leveling was a real pain and if any barb went any build other than a tank build (say to level faster) it was always a "Q_Q so little HP. You are a fail barb. GTFO!"

So yeah, I wonder why so few barbs out there. Besides nowadays the herc, assasin and the +ed up BMs seem to wanna tank more and more anyways.

I was recently told I was redundant and only good for my HP buff! b:cry
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Ok 70+ we pickup but under 70 (ok, this is from before BHs were introduced, so perhaps outdated) but leveling was a real pain and if any barb went any build other than a tank build (say to level faster) it was always a "Q_Q so little HP. You are a fail barb. GTFO!"

So yeah, I wonder why so few barbs out there. Besides nowadays the herc, assasin and the +ed up BMs seem to wanna tank more and more anyways.

The only Barbs ppl will accept are -int Barbs with 4.0+ aps...sadly...Im conforming into a fist barb....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    Vorgen - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I Cannot allow myself to get pressured into becoming a fist barb.

I have discovered that Because i am demon and constantly spaming flesh ream and using my chi gaining skill i not only hold agro for longer but i keep my chi completely up...when they spark i spam both flesh ream and devour. a 101 archer took nearly to the end of the last boss in Fcc to pull agro and then it died in the next hit. So while i did lose agro...i kept it far longer then normally expected. And i still had 3 sparks and my weapon is only +2 not like her elite bow....>.>(so jealous). But i think it stands to testament that you dont need elite gear to be good...just have smart strategy and plenty of back up plans(e.g. alpha male, spark pots, etc etc) While i dont know if every tank does this it does indeed work for me and if they kill fast enough i never lose agro which rocks for me!b:thanks b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I Cannot allow myself to get pressured into becoming a fist barb.

me either, but an idea was sparked by a comment in another recent thread that got me interested in this build: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=fb797711963f234b

yes... its expensive. but then again, what isn't expensive in PWI?

lol stack a jones blessing on there.. and just imagine the power if one had a Warsoul or Rank 9 weapon o.0 Build like that you still smack hard with Armageddon even though you don't have **** tons of HP, but you come out with harder hits otherwise whereas a Vit Stone build would not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It not that we are "rare" or going extinct or anywhere close to it. We just choose to avoid random squads like the plague, especially just to be used and abused to run people through FC..

^This

I know I'm not high enough level to spam FC but I have done two runs already with success. I can tell from those two runs forming random squads can/will be a pain. Barbs don't want to risk forming a random squad and losing the communication you have with your faction or friends.b:surrender

Edit: I refuse to go fist barb, I enjoy my axes way too much to ditch them for some glowing hands. I leave the fists to BMs and maybe some pro archers.
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Edit: I refuse to go fist barb, I enjoy my axes way too much to ditch them...

Fuzzy in exactly the same boat. Me will never move to fists. Besides, Fuzzy will soon see how well 5aps can hold agro against a set of +12 Wheel of Warfog. That will be interesting. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robzombie20
    robzombie20 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    one guild I was used a method to gain clerics and you could use it for barbs as well. Becuase clerics were so rare we got 5 good volunteers to make a cleric alt and make a main i nthe guild, later on we;d get more clerics if we needed. you would have to teach new clerics how to use their cleric though which makes it a little hard when it comes to hard listeners.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    im From HL prolly the smallest server out there
    .. Every time I Look for Fc I Find everyone but barbs .. and barbs are no were to be found b:cryb:surrender
    is this just HL or this happing to all servers ??
    I cant lvl QQ

Roll a barb, problem solved. That's what I did when lvling was actually hard & nobody wanted my cleric for rb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear
    ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yeah on my barb i took advantage of the cheap hypers( who wouldnt)(didnt hyper till 50% left to lvl 90)10 lvls of easy exp going from 2 hour runs to 1 then to 30 min ones..as a barb you get selective to the 30 min runs because people actually know how to dish out some dmg.

I enjoyed the runs i have made.Took people who needed quest done,did them for personal gain,made some coins+++,made some friends...made some enemies lol.Sure are alot of cocky idiots that loveto run in ff's always worried about their exp hyper ticked on(plz learn how to use your hypers)trying to get people to rush into things and cause a party wipe(been there),so since i was the good ole driver of the bus(short one)i made a point my way or you can leave the squad YOU CAN BE REPLACED..DDers are a dime a dozen..BARBS we are the cream of the crop.
  • _Roflcopterz - Sanctuary
    _Roflcopterz - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    but leveling was a real pain and if any barb went any build other than a tank build (say to level faster) it was always a "Q_Q so little HP. You are a fail barb. GTFO!"

Hmm, interesting thing is I've never encountered this yet. Purely for the fun of it, I went claw barb right from square one. I have a base vit of 5, fairly mediocre gear and low refines. Most of the time the squad doesn't notice at all. And at least 80% of the time, when there's another barb in the squad, I'm the one made to tank. No exaggeration, dead serious. They happily toss me at pole, tt bosses, w/e even though my fellow barb has a +2-3k hp advantage to me.

As for leveling, extremely fast. Mobs drop quick. Abilities on AOS and Dark flash make life very easy. I rarely buy or need pots. Never failed to tank something a barb at my level should either. Grinding/questing repairs are minuscule. I like claw barb because it adds that little extra bit of versatility to make life more interesting.

As for rarity of barbs, I do see quite a few about. BH squads always seem to lack clerics more often. However I do agree we are second rarest after the clerics.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    On all servers Fuzzy pretty sure its the same. By the time a barb starts to get 8x+ they pretty much have their friends who they want to run with figured out.

It not that we are "rare" or going extinct or anywhere close to it. We just choose to avoid random squads like the plague, especially just to be used and abused to run people through FC.

btw, what you mean "can't level"? This statement makes no sense.

Fuzzy Speaks the truth.

And if you think leveling is hard now, you should ask some of us how we leveled from 34 onward before BH and before Goshiki chain. (It's called grind, grind, grind and grind some more.) 10% in a day was an awesome day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    And if you think leveling is hard now, you should ask some of us how we leveled from 34 onward before BH and before Goshiki chain. (It's called grind, grind, grind and grind some more.) 10% in a day was an awesome day.

Hehe, true. 50-60 was the most painful in tusk town imho. Not much toi grind there that doesnt cast at you and almost everything there used to be camped with rampant KSing.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hehe, true. 50-60 was the most painful in tusk town imho. Not much toi grind there that doesnt cast at you and almost everything there used to be camped with rampant KSing.

b:sad Fun times
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    I honestly regret doing so many BHs from 40+. It left me with no money as it doesn't have a coin reward. I just have to run BHs to keep up with the rest of my faction. Now I'm stuck farming TT in between BH runs b:surrender
  • IDecision - Raging Tide
    IDecision - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I honestly regret doing so many BHs from 40+. It left me with no money as it doesn't have a coin reward. I just have to run BHs to keep up with the rest of my faction. Now I'm stuck farming TT in between BH runs b:surrender

Im in the same boat, although ive stopped running bh now since FC is about 100 times better. But powerlvling with bh 40-75+ left me very poor. Dont get me wrong ive cash shopped a few times...and will again before i pack up and leave, but playing a barb seems so damn costly. Ive decided to try and get lucky with OHT gears until i figure out how to get my hands on TT90. Until next time, stay classy barbs b:bye
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    If we are losing barbs because of people using 5aps fists, are simple things the devs could do to fix. For example, they could add some important bosses with damage reflection. Or even just kiting bosses, or bosses that need mostly AoE to defeat. Or bosses with massive physical defense (though these might be hard to tank for barbs also). Or... I am sure you all could also come up with ideas.
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Until next time, stay classy barbs b:bye

Best closing line ever...just saying.

And yes, I probably will start cash shopping a little just to make up for it. If you want to have at least decent gear and weapon, you don't have a choice. A select few have farmed it but most of us don't have the patience (myself included).
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited October 2010

LOL how many times did you say outloud, or in faction chat: "I hate <insert class here>" ??

I did have a secret method I'd used to deal with KSing caster classes...it ALWAYS worked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • DUTY_CALLS - Heavens Tear
    DUTY_CALLS - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I my self are loveing the barb and yes your right when i ff i ff with same people all time because i like my 30min run to 1hr and when i can do 3-5 ff a day u see that i lvl fast.

But one's i get the barb 100 i have work on my BM on HT sever too get him 90 a least it true about the lack of barb im get asked to go ff all time some people even pay me or buy me 5 hypers i dont really care 5 hypers is like 5-6 runs for me so its a +.

YES BARB ARE RAR

The lack barb is because of the BM's and Assassin tanking stuff now with there OP gear at 5aps this just crazy there need to cut down a bit to like 4-3.5 aps that make more sens b:surrender
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    fuzzy Speaks The Truth.

And If You Think Leveling Is Hard Now, You Should Ask Some Of Us How We Leveled From 34 Onward Before Bh And Before Goshiki Chain. (it's Called Grind, Grind, Grind And Grind Some More.) 10% In A Day Was An Awesome Day.

^- +1111...
    I remember when I hit 89 and went in to hell for the first time. I hit lvl90 in just over a week and I didn't leave hell the whole time.... I think I was like 93 or 94 when BH came in to play and getting that 2-3% was like the coolest thing untill everyone wanted to start wining instances... lol

^- +1...

Think anything over 80 dex was considered massive fail... Back when if you had 18k hp you were like a god.... lol Only the people that were considered "massive" cash shoppers like sonofpwn had +6

Ah the good old days.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    nope.. I am a new barb.. :P

ya i already have a fixed squad for FC.. 2 of them in fact...
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    nope.. I am a new barb.. :P

ya i already have a fixed squad for FC.. 2 of them in fact...

I refuse to FC out of faction until I am 110% sure I will have no problems with it. I still need to learn when to activate my hypers though b:surrender
  • Gromskull - Harshlands
    Gromskull - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The only Barbs ppl will accept are -int Barbs with 4.0+ aps...sadly...Im conforming into a fist barb....

Here is a crazy idea...build a bm. Barb in human form = bm (maybe 1000 life diference). Use account stash to transfer all your eq to the bm. The only work would be lvl-ing the bm, but with hypers it takes how long?
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Here is a crazy idea...build a bm. Barb in human form = bm (maybe 1000 life diference). Use account stash to transfer all your eq to the bm. The only work would be lvl-ing the bm, but with hypers it takes how long?

the difference is way more than 1000 life..
    it is also more defence, self heal,more stun, able to have fist mastery etc...

b:laughb:laugh

But someone did run a test..
    A barb with 5aps is more uber then a bm because barb has increase attack + poison buff.

bm is more uber when a barb buff him with the increase attack.. but guess what? barb woudnt be there.. if bm tries to take over the job :p
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
  • Taleon - Heavens Tear
    Taleon - Heavens Tear Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    yeah there is a little more HP difference then 1000. As pointed out, the Barb has HP and Att buffs which do help out even if the BM does end up tanking. Personally, I like having a Barb tank most things over myself in near all cases unless it is timed to take down ( BH Metal so on )
    normally I will not go to take from the barb unless the silly sin has gone all out and is gonna kill themselves. then I will take the boss over and the barb snaps it back when they can with force taunts.

I also play a barb, and enjoy tanking with the barb much more then with the BM.
  • Oscars_SOUL - Lost City
    Oscars_SOUL - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    lol only reason barb are so rare is cos ppl stopped playing barb end of story if u want a barb play one and stop complaining even tho it makes my barbs ff easy cos i get spammed like hell for it.

i aint gona go dex on my barb instead imma try get impossible hp 1 i gota do is max vitality point i think is 500 maxed then imma citrone gem it and max refine my OHT gear love the armor 2 much lol.

so u want a barb play one problem fixed
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    lol only reason barb are so rare is cos ppl stopped playing barb end of story if u want a barb play one and stop complaining even tho it makes my barbs ff easy cos i get spammed like hell for it.

i aint gona go dex on my barb instead imma try get impossible hp 1 i gota do is max vitality point i think is 500 maxed then imma citrone gem it and max refine my OHT gear love the armor 2 much lol.

so u want a barb play one problem fixed

Thats just it, no one wants to play a barb. They don't level as fast as other classes and you don't make hardly any money! Unless you use plenty of RL money and most people don't use that much RL money. Also when people ***** because they were stupid and attacked mobs you weren't attacking and died and made a big deal of if.... It does get annoying to hear your considered fail because of someone else incompetence and stupidity.

You can QQ and flame all you want but you know as well as I do it is sadly the truth.
    Or use to use a lot and now can't afford to spend anymore. b:surrender

Thus why would you want to play something that isn't really that fun unless you use RL money?
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Oscars_SOUL - Lost City
    Oscars_SOUL - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    fine lol fun it might we but i dont think ppl not playing barb should complain about the rarety of barb then i mean its not like dev put u to the torche or something.

i still think an mmo is like this WHAT CAN U DO as a singel player 2 contribute 2 the game not the oposite.

my 2 cents lol

i love my barb equal 2 my veno but i will only play barb from now on cos THAT is the choice i made not the devs did this 2 me