***Role play #3***

Comments

• KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    OOC:I'm meanb:sin
    And my bad,I thought we had more people still sleeping.

IC:
    Vines and branches came out of the forest and out came Kage sliding down them.
    "Hey guys,"Kage shouted from above,"look at what I can doooooo."Kage tripped on the branches,flew off and landed flat on his face in the soft sand.He shook and brushed off the sand in his head and hair and looked around.His friends were around moving everything to build a shelter.He was wondering why they were in such a rush when he heard a thunderous roar.
    He began to command the vines to move the logs and began wor on perhaps the only hope of surviving the storm.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ((OOC: Oi. This RP moves a lot faster than I'm used to. Yet again, the other RP I'm currently involved in has an anal-retentive GM and a dedicated plot.))

Slipping Nick's phone into her skirt pocket, Lula set about helping the others with building. If only...if only this would go faster, she thought as she stared down at the logs she was carrying back to the make-shift shelter.

At that thought, the wood in Lula's arms started to levitate in front of her. She stared at them, dumbfounded for a minute, and then let out a screech. "What...what the hell?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    OOC: Eoria, don't worry. It's pretty easy to get used to a fast paced RP.
    But I understand what you mean by anal-retentive GM for an RP. I had one of them once, and to put it bluntly I just said "**** you" and walked out of the RP, when my dude was the main guy and I made it where nobody else could RP him. (Shoot and Dunk :P)

IC: After managing to regain his senses long enough to stand back up, Nick began to walk over to the cut down wood and help as best he could. Still feeling the after affects of using his power. He could tell that something is going to happen if he doesn't figure out a different way to use this power.

"Tic-toc" Nick heard in his head, which startled him for a moment but then he looked around. "Did somebody just say something?" He said as he looked at the others.
    "Tic-toc" The voice said again, What the hell is going on Nick was questioning himself.
    "TIC-TOC" The voice said again but in a more violent tone. "WHAT DO YOU WANT!?" Nick screamed out. It made everyone else think he went crazy for a moment there but they went back to what they were doing seeing the storm coming.
    "I want your life...." The voice said, in the previous tone. "You can't have it, no way can you have it!" Nick responded to the voice. His mind becoming haywire.
    "It doesn't matter whether I can have it or not. I shall take it by the use of fire...." the voice said again. Nick's eyes grew wide and then it seemed like his soul escaped from his body for a moment. "N...No....That...That isn't right. That means.....You are lending me this power!?" Nick said, scared out of his mind.
    "Slightly. This power has other ways to use, that won't involve me taking your life. But those you can figure out on your own." The voice said as it disappeared in a laughter.
    Nick dropped to his knee's, as time seemed to come to a crawl around him. He couldn't figure out everything, but from what he got this power could end his life if he didn't figure out a new way to use it.
    "....." Nick mummered to himself for a few mins before hearing another loud *CRACK* and looked to the sky, he could see the dark clouds getting closer. "**** him! **** that! He isn't getting my life!" Nick said to himself as he came back to his senses and rushed over to help build the shelter.
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Nick's little outburst caught him by surprise, so Random faltered with his wood cutting for a bit, but he was able to get right back on it. By now most of the wood was cut. The rest just needed to be trimmed down a bit to fit with the larger pieces that Kage and Lula were putting into place. Everyone else was mostly just trying to get the smaller pieces set up, so that as soon as he got something ready, there was someone there to take it. Which was a good thing, since, by the sound of the thunder, the storm would be there really soon.

As the storm got closer, Random noticed something though. As the could cover grew thicker, the light grew dimmer, and the shadows got thinner. It was getting harder and harder to make them get the job done, no matter how much he used. Great. I can't do anything if there's no shadows to use. At least it's pretty much done. Since all that was left was to cut off branches, he was able to get it done before he was completely helpless. Once he was done trimming, he helped everyone else get the last few pieces into place. Finally, the shelter was done. It wasn't the best looking thing in the world, but it would keep he storm off them. They could work on making it better in the morning of something.

Everyone crowded into the shelter just as the first few raindrops started falling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Ethel was still out in the woods, frequently seeking for a safer place to stay or a spring. The sky was darkened by heavy gray clouds. He'd have to hurry.
    Humming some kind of song he made his way through thick bushes and other plants.
    "Nature...", he said in disgust. "I just hope I'll find my way back in the end..."

Soon he reached the end of the thicket. Ethel's mouth widened in surprise.
    "What is ... this?" He stepped into a large glade, some tropical birds floating high above him with loud shrieks. The glade was surrounded and protected by large trees and there was a little spring bubbling with crystal clear water. Beside the glossy stones of the spring a rock face rose into the air. There was a large hole in it, so probably it was a cave.
    "Perfect shelter...?" Ethel took some steps closer to the spring, bent down and caught some water in his bowled hands. He tried the water and smiled happily. "Nice."

Mew, mew... Ethel looked around. "What was that just now..." Again he heard that weak whine. Then he noticed something small between some rocks. It was a little wounded baby ... leopard? Or a jaguar? At least it had that typical patterned fur. "Oww... poor thing", Ethel said and reached out for it, when he saw the bloody coat of the little cat. There seemed to be a not that large slash just below the throat. The blood was still fresh and not dried. He saw the fear in those wild eyes. "Shooo, everything's alright... I won't hurt you..." With that he reached out, trying to stroke it softly. As soon as his bare fingers touched the warm hide the baby closed its eyes and felt asleep. Ethel looked at his hands. "What the...? The same like what happened when I touched Nick... Weird."
    He tore a small piece off his sleeve and tried to vet the small cat. "There, there... I stopped the bleeding"
    He picked up the leopard (or jaguar), holding it tightly in his arms. Suddenly it started to rain. "Oh no... I've to head back! But before... I'll take a glimpse into that cave..."

With that he stood up and walked into the cave entrance. It was damp and dark in there.
    Too dark to see what was coming. He just heard a roar, then some heavy creature jumped out. Ethel almost tripped while taking some steps back, gazing into those fierce eyes, but he was too slow to avoid that thing. Sharp claws and teeth dug into his arm, trying to rip it off, until he could hold a grip on the fur of that animal. Now one-handed holding the little cat and dragged down by the weight of that thing, he slumped down.
    He tried to free his arm and was even successful, when he saw what had attacked him and was now peacefully sleeping. A huge bear. Ethel breathed heavily. "Damn you..."
    He leaned on the rough wall, pressing the baby with the bleeding arm to his chest and holding his free hand down onto the fur of the bear. "I hope that effect of the little trick earlier doesn't wear off..." In his condition now he couldn't do anything but hope for the others to find him soon... or that the bleeding would stop. The wound wasn't luckily not that deep he assumed. It started to pour. The near grumble of thunder was to hear.
    "I hope the others are alright..."

OOC: I hope this wasn't too long o_o And I also hope my "solo" going doesn't annoy you guys D:
    edited October 2010
    OOC: Silvy. Trust me, that wasn't long at all XD

I've done a whole solo post that advanced my character in the story line by about 3-5 months. With over 10,000 characters. Mainly because people kept telling me "You need to make longer posts" well, they wanted that and I gave them a full wall of text x 10 (Worth so much the first time I had to copy and paste it till it finished out on the 10th post).
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ((OOC: Ehh...my GM is very anal-retentive, but I can't really fault him for it. Besides, it's not like he's that bad about stuff. Of course, I'm probably just saying that because I'm his editor and I have a big hand in the plot myself.))

Lula settled in the shelter with the others. All that could be heard was the rain pounding down on the roof of the shelter and the thunder overhead. Returning back to her thoughts before the storm, Lula decided to bring up the time.

"You know...it's likely that we're not in the same timezone as before. With the height of the sun earlier, the time would be closer to 2pm, not 12pm," Lula announced to the group.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited October 2010
    Nick had made it inside the shelter and was crouched up against a corner. His body still hurting like hell and his mind going numb. He looked around and could see one person was missing. Gah....Where is that jackass when I could use some sleep.... Nick thought as he closed his eyes again trying to make his mind focus on something besides the pain.
    He kept thinking about what that voice said and then an idea came to him. Wait...What if I can control already made fire, or even a spark...Would that stop this pain from occuring? Nick wondered, he would need to try it out as soon as the storm blew over.

It was as his attention snapped back to the pain that he heard Lula say something about the time. "What about time...? 2 pm instead of 12?" Nick said as he tried to move his body, but failed. "What exactly do you mean by this? Is it possible we were transfered to a new timezone on some uncharted island or something?" Nick questioned as he was still holding back his voice from screaming out in pain.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Alice carried Aryna into the shelter and laid her down. She was still out cold. Alice turned to the others. "Alright, we've had a lack of communication so far, time to work things out" She turned to Nick, who's face was screwed up in contorts of pain, but in his eyes, he was trying to hide it. "You alright hun?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
    edited October 2010
    Nick looked over at Alice when she asked him a question, "yes, I'm fine. Why do you ask?" He said with a smile on his face.
    He could tell this pain wasn't going to subside any time soon so he decided to try and rest for the remaining time since he had no idea how long this storm was going to last. Nick rested his head against the wall that was next to his shoulder and he closed his eyes and began to try and sleep. He wanted to regain some sort of strength, and possibly get rid of this pain.
    His main objective after this storm was done, was to try and start a fire, or find a way to make a spark and test his theroy of control.
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Random looked at Nick as he feel asleep. How can anyone sleep with this storm going on? He wondered. While he was tired himself from the day's activities, the sound of the wind and rain kept him from doing the same as some of his other companions had done. He tried to go to sleep, with little success. All he could really do was to try and wait out the storm, getting as much sleep as he could so that he wouldn't collapse or anything in the morning. Ok, let's see. We all came here to some kind of tropical island, and it looks like we got some kind of superpowers. I wonder if this is even Earth. That bird we ate didn't look like anything I've ever seen. Maybe tomorrow we'll be able to figure out where exactly we are. He kept on thinking about the recent events that lead up to them being on the island, but couldn't see any kind of correlation between then and now. His thoughts eventually drifted off, and he finally managed to get some sleep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
    edited October 2010
    Alice clapped her hands and raised her voice. "I understand y'all are wore out and all, but this is no time to rest. Where's Ethel?" As she waited for an answer she moved on. "I've noticed that since coming to this island, I have gained...something. And I've seen some of you have as well. I think it best that we tell what we can do with our... things... so we know what tools we gave. I for one seem to be able to... --" she grimaced--"hurt things when I get angry." She waited for the others to reply.

edited October 2010
    Nick could hear a loud clap, but his body was too much in pain for him to respond, so he drifted back out to sleep. His mind still forcing the pain back.

It wasn't until he heard something about pain that his attention came alert. "Pain..." Nick mummered... "It sucks..." He said, still half asleep. He looked around and could see everybody was here. He rubbed his eyes to wake them up enough to where he could see. "Oh alice..." Nick said, physically and mentally drained. "What time is it?" He asked as he body began to slump over and lean more into the wall.

"I think lula has my cell, see if she can hand it to you." Nick said as he began to drift back asleep. His face showing how drained he was.
    It wasn't too soon after he said that, that he slipped back into a deep sleep.
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Random was woken up easily by Alice. He did wish he could have slept longer, but oh well. There would be time to rest later. "No idea where Ethel is. I think I saw him go into the woods for some reason. So he either found a different shelter, or is getting blown around by the storm right now." He said it almost jokingly, but wasn't as hopeful as he let on. "As for the thing I can do, I guess I can make shadows do stuff. I'm not sure what the limits are, but I can tell that if it's totally dark I won't be much use. As for Nick, I think he did something with fire. But we'll have to wait for him to wake up for more info out of him."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
    edited October 2010
    Alice looked exasperated. "Poor fellow, I wonder what could be wrong with him. I mean, we slept for what must have been hours. I sure hope he hasnt gotten sick or anything." She looked at Random, "Well, on a brighter note, that's pretty cool how you can manipulate shadows. Man I sure hope Ethel is ok." She looked at Aryna, "Poor baby, must have bumped her head on the way down, she's out cold." Alice began to tremble, "Random.... what are we gunna do?"

edited October 2010
    OOC:Sorry for not posting past couple of days.School was too busy this first week

IC:Kage stirred from his sleep.He was drenched and his clothes were soaked from the rain.He felt a sharp pain in his hand and looked down to blood covering his hand.He had cut himself with the Swiss Army knife he always carried around while trying to make a weapon of some sort.Most of the blood had dried but the wound was still open.He pocketed the knife and carelessly threw his half finished weapon.He heard his friends talking inside and ignoring the pain,walked in to listen to them.
    edited October 2010
    uhm...bump much?

• Lairian - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    OOC: Sorry Grippie, I'd post something, but I can't think of anything. I need another person or two to post to give me something to work with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
    edited October 2010
    OOC: My dude is out cold, so unless you can carry it over to the next day somehow, then I can't post much :x
    edited October 2010
    OO C: well, Lairian... I did ask you a question... and I cant go cuz of the 2 post rule... go go! make something up!

• Lairian - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    OOC: Well, since you insist, I guess I can come up with something....

IC: Random watched Kage sitting down, sopping wet. He thought it was a bit strange that Kage hadn't been blown away already, since he was outside when the storm started, but as long as he was fine, there was no real reason to complain. "Glad you could join us." He said. "We were just talking about the stuff we can do since we came here."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
    edited October 2010
    OOC: thanks!

IC: "Welcome back Kage! I'm glad you're alrite." Alice yawned. "Well guys, I guess the only thing we can do now is wait out the storm. I hate to sound like a hypocrite, but I think I'm going to take a nap."

A few hours later the storm ended and Alice woke up. She yawned and stretched. "Well good morning guys, I see the storm is over..."

edited October 2010
    OOC: Thank you Grippie!!! Now I can actually use my guy :3

IC: As the sun rose up, and peered in through the cracks and crevices of the quickly made shelter. It hit Nicks' eyelids and he began to wake up. He could tell his body was back to normal, and his mind more at peace. It seemed he had regained most of his physical power, and his mental thought train was coming back.

He looked around the shelter to see who was all there, and he noticed only Ethel was gone. Nick guessed that he had gone out into the woods before the storm, and hoped he managed to find some shelter of his own. After that quick thought passed he looked over at Alice. "Morning." Nick said in reply to her comment on the storm.
    After seeing that all the clouds had passed by and it was a bright and clear sky, Nick walked outside the shelter and looked at some of the left over lumber from the quick build. Awesome, I can use this.... He thought to himself as he walked over and picked up some sticks and some of the more dry logs. He pulled out a small pocket knife he had on him. Afterward he looked at the logs and began to think of the best way to skin them. He decided it would be best to just carve out a hole in it, so that it exposed the dry interior, which would allow the ember to burn for a fire.
    He picked up the stick he had grabbed and placed a piece of the bark that he carved off the tree while he made the hole, under the stick. He began to quickly work on the stick to try and get an ember, and lucky enough it only took him a few minutes.
    After he had transferred the ember from the bark to a small pile of twigs, that looked like some sort of nest, he placed the nest into the hole and began to blow on it so that it would become a fire. It took a few minutes but it eventually became a blaze of heat. As the blaze became bigger he built a tippie type hut around it from other logs so that it would become big like a bonfire.

After finishing that out, which took roughly 20 minutes. Nick looked back over at Alice. "You had said something about powers last night, right?" Nick asked curiously.
    "Well, I will show you what I learned I could do." Nick said in a confident voice. Giving off a sense of something weird, but cool about to happen.
    Nick turned his attention back to the fire and closed his eyes, he thought about a large gollem of fire being standing next to the fire, on the sand. He focused greatly on the features and size of the gollem until he opened his eyes and the fire suddenly erupted and then settled back down as a gollem of fire came out of the blaze and stood next to it, on the sand.
    "I can control, and if focused enough, created different types of things using fire. I'm also able to create fire out of nothing, but as you saw last night. It's really not something I want to use unless I have to." Nick told Alice as the gollem went back into the fire.
    edited October 2010
    Alice stood wide eyed at the fire. She stood up and walked over to Nick. "Wow... that's really... cool." She wanted a way to show what she could do, but she didn't want to hurt another monkey. She looked around, and a green scuttling beetle caught her attention. She picked it up and placed it in the sand between her and Nick. "Ok, well let's see if I can do this without being angry." She looked directly at the beetle and thought as hard as she could aboutn pain. The pain she'd recieved as a child. She sent those thoughts directly to the beetle. A moment later the beetle froze up, fell on it's back, and it's legs began moving wildly in the air. You could hear a minute squeeking noise coming from the beetle. Then all was silent. "I can hurt things" Alice said in a monotone voice, still staring at the beetle.

OOC: we're gunna forget Gly applied.. it's too late, sorry hun. Also, if Kitten doesn't come back... we're gunna forget about her too, but I'm sure Silvy'll be back.

EDIT: omg! I'm soory I cpmpletely forgot about my rule *facepalm* ok well if y'all want to, since I made the mistake.. everyone has one chance to post after one post... if u get what I mean...

• Lairian - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    OOC: Don't worry too much about simple error like that one Grippie.

IC: Random was a bit creeped out by Alice's power. It just seemed wrong that someone like her would get such a cruel power. He didn't say anything about it, since he didn't want to hurt her feelings though. Nick's abilities on the other hand...Seeing what exactly he could do gave Random an idea. "Hey Nick, that's pretty cool. I think I have a lighter you can use if you need it, but I'll have to check. I might have forgotten it at home before we got here." He checked in all his pockets for the small plastic tube. Fortunately, he did have it with him. He tossed it to Nick, since it would be better off in his hands anyway. "So, I was thinking, since my powers are shadows..." He made his shadow rise off the ground, mimicking the fire golem that Nick had made, "I can't really do much of anything at night, but if you use that to make light, then there'll be shadows I can use, added on to the flames you make."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
    edited October 2010
    OOC:I don't mind you not waiting 2 posts,Grippie.We all forget about things sometimes.

IC:Kage woke up suddenly.He knocked his head on the wall and reeled from the knock.He rubbed his head and tried to remember what woke him up.
    Ahh yes,right.He had dreamt that he was falling from the tree he had climbed and he had no powers.He pushed the dream out of his mind,grateful that they all had powers of sort
    He dragged himself out of the shelter and saw that Nick and Alice were standing around a fire which Nick probably started and Alice seemed to be holding something small.He looked around and saw that Ethel had not returned.He was beginning to worry about Ethel and if he would be ok alone.
    Then,Kage heard his grumbling stomach.He remembered that they had not secured any food or water.An idea struck him.Nets.He began work on them as quickly as he could before his stomach could nag at him again.
    edited October 2010
    OOC: thanks for being understanding gentlemen b:thanks

IC: Alice looked at Random, "That's really neat! Not only is it a good tool, but if we get bored we can play games with it!" She turned around and saw Kage had awaken. "Good morning sunshine. Great idea! Nets! Need any help?" Alice walked to the edge of the jungle and pulled several vines down from trees and handed them to Kage. "Guys... at some point, I think we need to go find Ethel. I sure hope he's alright. And I'm quite worried about Aryna, she's been knocked out for quite some time"

edited October 2010
    OOC: lol, you don't need to worry about it grippie :P

IC: Nick caught the lighter that Random had tossed over to him. "Thanks, this will give me a chance to test my control using a spark" Nick said as he flicked the lighter to turn on once, and caught the spark right as it came out, and began to let the air do it's natural work to build it up. "Ok, that is a little bigger than I expected but it works nicely." Nick said, as he looked over at Random.
    "Don't worry too much about light, even if there is no sun, there is still a moon. So light is present, So i'll just amp is up for you." Nick said with a wink, he looked back over at Alice and Kage. He could see that they were making some nets, to go fishing.
    This gave nick his own idea. "Random, how well can you control your shadows? Well enough to make a spear?" Nick asked, as he looked around at the tree line for something sharp.
    As he scanned the treeline a large fallen branch caught Nick's eye, and he rushed over. He took hold of the branch and heard a hissing noise. He looked to his right and saw a sort of snake. As soon as Nick saw the snakes eyes, he knew that it was trouble. He looked back down at the lighter for a moment and used it again to create another spark. But instead of letting this spark build he sent it straight at the snake, as a sort of lightning bolt type attack.
    After the snake got fired, Nick picked it up, along with the branch and carried them back over to the sand where everybody was. "Alice, Kage, Random. Any of you know how to carve up a snake so it's edible?" Nick asked in a louder voice so everybody could hear him.
    After asking that he set the branch down on the ground and passed the snake to Random to hold. Pulling back out his pocket knife, Nick made short work of the tree branch and fastened himself a nice, sharp spear. But he knew it wouldn't be able to withstand the water.
    "Random, If you could. I would like to to try wrapping your shadows, or my own, around this spear. If you can I believe we'll be having some fish for dinner tonight, and maybe that snake for breakfast if any of you know how to prepare it."
  • Glying - Sanctuary
    Glying - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hey guys, im back..D: aw,man! i wasn't here because i had to move cuz of my dads job..can i keep on playing? we'll just pretend that i was um..injured while i was asleep or somethin? o-o' plz...
    edited October 2010
    OOC: welcome back gly haha see if u can keep up ur waaay behind ;) btw... no tombs.. we're on an island or that was a fantasy? sorry I'm sleepy

IC: Alice heard a thump in the sand and looked into the jungle. There was a body, or something lying on the ground. She handed the remaining vines she had in her hand left to Kage and walked to the form. It was Gly. "Curious... very Curious" She shook him by the shoulder gently. "Gly... c'mon sunshine get up..." When her friend wouldn't get up she did the best she could to dead lift him, and carry him to their little 'camp site.' Alice emerged out of the woods with Gly in her arms, and laid him next to the kindling fire. "Look guys, Gly ended up here too..."