Please welcome our new forum mods!

Comments

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    So you openly admit to deceiving the entire community, and you claim it was for the good of your moderator.

Bull****.

As I said before, I felt that Konari started under particularly tough circumstances, and I felt that he deserved another shot at being able to help out around here. He was a rookie, and he made some mistakes--fine. But he's smart, he knows the game and community, and he wanted to give it another try.

It sounds like you're insinuating that I had some kind of ulterior motive in bringing him back.

If Konari couldn't handle himself the first time, what the hell made you think he'd handle it this time? In fact, what made you think you would make the situation any better by lying to your players about who you're making moderator?

Again, Konari was a rookie who made rookie mistakes. I wanted to give him another chance, and under better circumstances than last time.

You are manipulative, you are deceptive, and you are unfair in that anybody who gets in your way is going to eventually disappear because you can't tolerate people speaking out against you.

Various players speak out against me every day; the vast majority of them are never banned. When they cross the line into forum violations, though, it becomes my duty to restrict their access to the forums, either temporarily or permanently.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Full props for coming clean and just telling the truth, Frankie. Truth builds trust, especially when the truth isn't sanitized and can be uncomfortable to admit. Of course, the problem is that there was deception too, so the net result is kind of a push, credibility-wise.

I don't really get why there's such a lack (fear?) of honesty between PWI and the player-base. The modern public-relations mantra of the Internet generation is to just be honest at all times, tell people exactly who you are, what you stand for, what you're planning, etc... and let those who will support you have the freedom to do so willingly.

Use honesty and direct community involvement to build a loyal fan-base and they'll do all the defending for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Frankie... just be glad you're not in the MSN party right now
    b:chuckle

Airyll, NightRage, Waffles, Reds, Michael, and me
    b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Frankie... just be glad you're not in the MSN party right now
    b:chuckle

Airyll, NightRage, Waffles, Reds, Michael, and me

D: can I join?

winbutternuts@live.com or something idk
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Frankie... next time just don't lie, someone will always eventually find out and youll get shot in the foot for it, simple as that.
    edited September 2010
    D: can I join?

winbutternuts@live.com or something idk

Welcome to the party
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    As I said before, I felt that Konari started under particularly tough circumstances, and I felt that he deserved another shot at being able to help out around here. He was a rookie, and he made some mistakes--fine. But he's smart, he knows the game and community, and he wanted to give it another try.

It sounds like you're insinuating that I had some kind of ulterior motive in bringing him back.

Sounds to me like you haven't been honest with your player base. Oh WAIT.

You know I'm all for giving somebody another chance, but lying to hundreds of people and lying to a community that you keep asking to trust you is not the way to go about it. What better way to say "This is the **** we give about you" then to tell people they need to give you a chance and that they need to trust you when you - and read this very carefully:

lie to them about who you are giving power to.

Had it been something small? Insignificant? I wouldn't have cared so much. But you do not - you do not ever - lie about the people you are giving power to. You could have the best intentions in the world, and it would be downright wrong.

Tell me Frankie: why would I NOT think you have ulterior motives behind LYING TO YOUR PLAYER BASE AS IF THEY WOULDN'T GET IT, INCLUDING THE PEOPLE HERE WHO WERE TRYING TO PUT THEIR FAITH IN YOU AGAIN? Tell me why. One ****ing good reason, please, for me and the rest of this forum who doesn't agree with what you just pulled.

Again, Konari was a rookie who made rookie mistakes. I wanted to give him another chance, and under better circumstances than last time.

Rookies learn best from their mistakes if they aren't hidden behind a half-assed shield made of cotton wool, all because they couldn't stomach it the first time. If you can't stand the heat as a rookie the first time, you probably won't manage it as a rookie the second time.

Did you ever think maybe his reception would have been a bit better if you didn't try to smuggle him in like some ****ing illegal substance?

Various players speak out against me every day; the vast majority of them are never banned. When they cross the line into forum violations, though, it becomes my duty to restrict their access to the forums, either temporarily or permanently.

So if we insult you, we warrant bans.

But if you were to insult us (like Kanto did in the TW Rules thread and every single one of you usless excuses for a GM has not taken responsibility for it since despite clear outrage) it's alright to let it slide?

You sir, a hypocrite, and a very, very big one. You tell us that we cannot slander you but you will openly slander us, or allow fellow GMs to do so, and not one of you - not one of you - has the balls to turn around and apologise for what you did.

That is beyond shallow.

You are deceptive and deceitful and you are shallow and I hope people are starting to see you for the "caring" Community Manager you are supposed to be.

Also. A fellow friend of mine sends their regards:
    *removed*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nightragin
    nightragin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010

You know I'm all for giving somebody another chance, but lying to hundreds of people and lying to a community that you keep asking to trust you is not the way to go about it. What better way to say "This is the **** we give about you" then to tell people they need to give you a chance and that they need to trust you when you - and read this very carefully:

Had it been something small? Insignificant? I wouldn't have cared so much. But you do not - you do not ever - lie about the people you are giving power to. You could have the best intentions in the world, and it would be downright wrong.

Tell me Frankie: why would I NOT think you have ulterior motives behind LYING TO YOUR PLAYER BASE AS IF THEY WOULDN'T GET IT, INCLUDING THE PEOPLE HERE WHO WERE TRYING TO PUT THEIR FAITH IN YOU AGAIN? Tell me why. One ****ing good reason, please, for me and the rest of this forum who doesn't agree with what you just pulled.

Rookies learn best from their mistakes if they aren't hidden behind a half-assed shield made of cotton wool, all because they couldn't stomach it the first time. If you can't stand the heat as a rookie the first time, you probably won't manage it as a rookie the second time.

Did you ever think maybe his reception would have been a bit better if you didn't try to smuggle him in like some ****ing illegal substance?

But if you were to insult us (like Kanto did in the TW Rules thread and every single one of you usless excuses for a GM has not taken responsibility for it since despite clear outrage) it's alright to let it slide?

You sir, a hypocrite, and a very, very big one. You tell us that we cannot slander you but you will openly slander us, or allow fellow GMs to do so, and not one of you - not one of you - has the balls to turn around and apologise for what you did.

That is beyond shallow.

You are deceptive and deceitful and you are shallow and I hope people are starting to see you for the "caring" Community Manager you are supposed to be.

*removed*

First.
    edited September 2010

That is beyond shallow.

*removed*
    Airyll
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Frankie... next time just don't lie, someone will always eventually find out and youll get shot in the foot for it, simple as that.

100% on the dot here...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Lacrimarine - Raging Tide
    Lacrimarine - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Yep ArcanumPrae was Konari, it's true.

Basically, when I brought Konari on-board a few months ago, it was just him and AryannaMage as mods during a very rough time in PWI's history. Players knew and respected Ary, but Konari was the new guy, and as such, became the target for much flaming, both in-game, and in the forums.

Konari is a nice guy, and you know, when these flames hit, they eventually got to him a bit, so we decided to have him leave for a while as I got a new mod group together.

I was hoping that, by starting anew with a new crew, Konari would be able to have more support this time around, and hopefully much of the flaming would be absorbed by the whole group, instead of just one person.

Unfortunately, as you've seen, it didn't work out, as Konari's speech is a little too distinct for his own good (lol). It's kinda sad because he really did want to help out, and perhaps was a little overzealous in this desire.

Anyway, in conclusion, Konari's going to step down again, and I'll be on the lookout for a new mod to join up.

This is a pretty interesting thread, though. I'll leave it open for now so I can get some final feedback from you all before it gets depth'd.

Thanks all.

Bumped into this thread an hour ago, thought I should send my regards to the new mods.
    Keeping in mind to do so after reading through all the replies.

---

As far as I respected our CM for bracing himself admitting the truth in his post,
    it's a lie if I said I'm not disappointed and I'm sure I don't need to explain it.

But again, who am I to judge?
    Who am I to rage and protest?
    It'll be a vain effort.
    I'm a nobody but a powerless player.

One thing that I know,
    Players who ranted in this thread have their reasons.
    It's because they still care about this game and its forum even if they deny it.
    And being a fool as I am,
    I'm still here to donate one post to this soon-to-be-depth'd thread
    that was supposed to be a welcoming thread (irony sometimes is epic) b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Agreed, but we all lie at one time on another, some things can NOT easily be found out, and without the right intel, the world may have never known for certain that you/we/us were lied to.

Though yes, you are right generally lying just causes more trouble in the end then just telling the truth in the first place, or even just not telling people what is going on... withholding information if you will.

It is quite distasteful, and hard to fathom that someone would get a second chance so soon, I can almost see it if they were given a 'cool' down period, but right after, and under a different name? Come on off of it. That is just asking for complaints from the users. =x Especially if you leak the information that it is the same person who just recently decided to 'take' a break. It is not easy dealing with the stress people put on your shoulders, and while the situation here is obviously not good, that stress going in already had to be high, and then to be constantly nit picked to death, only added to the overwhelming factor of it just being too difficult to handle, so I have to agree with aryil, if you couldn't handle it before just a week ago, I seriously doubt you will change overnight, and regain your composure/calmness to effectively help moderate a already angered community.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited September 2010
    MSN party now has Airyll, NightRage, Michael, Waffles, Wraith, Mista, and now Deora...
    b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I know a place
    Where the grass is really greener
    Warm, wet and wild
    There must be something in the water
    Sippin' gin and juice
    Laying underneath the palm trees
    (Undone)
    The boys break their necks
    Tryin' to creep a little sneak peek
    (At us)

You could travel the world
    But nothing comes close to the Golden Coast
    Once you party with us
    You'll be falling in love
    (Oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh)

California gurls, we're unforgettable
    Daisy dukes, bikinis on top
    Sun-kissed skin, so hot, will melt your popsicle
    (Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh)
    California gurls, we're undeniable
    Fine, fresh, fierce, we got it on lock
    West Coast represent, now put your hands up
    (Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh)

Sex on a beach
    We get sand in out stilettos
    We freak, in my jeep
    Snoop Doggy Dogg is on the stereo

[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/california-gurls-lyrics-katy-perry.html ]

You could travel the world
    But nothing comes close to the Golden Coast
    Once you party with us
    You'll be falling in love

(Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh)
    (Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh)

[Snoop Dogg raps]

[Katy Perry]
    (Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh)
    (Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I know we've had our differences

But right now Waffle, ILY.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    +1 Waffle
    b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
    edited September 2010
    guessing this was the party.....and the msn chat the after party D:
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    <--- Half awake but...

Does this mean the PWI community was able to scare off a mod....with 1 thread....on the first day?
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    <--- Half awake but...

Does this mean the PWI community was able to scare off a mod....with 1 thread....on the first day?

Think so....God help those 2 poor souls that are left......
  • nightragin
    nightragin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    <--- Half awake but...

Ehuahuehuahue.
    edited September 2010
    <--- Half awake but...

Its called MSN party against forums <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    1st day and i already don't like them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
    edited September 2010
    Its called MSN party against forums <3

This is why I hate sleeping....you miss so much fun b:laugh
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    This is why I hate sleeping....you miss so much fun b:laugh

MSN party has 9 people :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It's because they still care about this game and its forum even if they deny it.

This is true.

I haven't actively moderated these boards in quite some time, but many of the posters in this thread are familiar faces. The fact that so many old-school names are in this thread is comforting in the fact that PWI has such a solid player base of really passionate, vested individuals.

I'm basically de-activating my cloaking device to come in here and post that I'm glad to see new moderators on these boards, as they are arguably the most vocal and active forums that have ever been hosted by PWE. It isn't an easy job, but at the same time, it's an essential one.

I'm sure the two remaining new moderators will do a good job, and everyone else here knows just as well as I do that if they don't, words will be had.

*re-activates cloaking device ala Gantz*
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    edited September 2010
    MSN party has 9 people :3

Kewl, sooo sup all xD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hawk wrote: »
    This is true.

I haven't actively moderated these boards in quite some time, but many of the posters in this thread are familiar faces. The fact that so many old-school names are in this thread is comforting in the fact that PWI has such a solid player base of really passionate, vested individuals.

I'm basically de-activating my cloaking device to come in here and post that I'm glad to see new moderators on these boards, as they are arguably the most vocal and active forums that have ever been hosted by PWE. It isn't an easy job, but at the same time, it's an essential one.

All the more reason to have solid Mod's who know these forums...oh and long time no see Hawk...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    1st day and i already don't like them

That's okay, we're here to do what should have been done long time ago. I'm sure more than enough of you don't trust our judgments and will disapprove of our actions before, during and after we have taken them. And I'm more than okay with that. b:thanks
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    haha 1st day and shelly has already deleted a thread about her on HT forum.

great new mods /sarcasm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
This discussion has been closed.