WTB better players

Options
alpha777
alpha777 Posts: 10 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
First story short, I don't care about the forums. If people want to say their useless opinions, or flame, feel free.

I have been playing PWI for over a year on 2 pve servers and 2 pvp servers, and I have to say what a disgrace of a community. The people back then and some good players back then were really good players. It was really fun back then, but yet I seen on the forums people complaining about leveling too slow, I really laughed at this idea that they were complaining. It is part of MMORPGs, they should of dealt with it. Though there are some good players. More on PVE servers, honestly.

But now, people are too focused on these useless things and they cling to this highly fail things which absolutely killed the quality of the players. I find it so hypocritical of people like Reds Rose and Michael_dark telling people "oh bh breeds noobs" or "this game is easy enough as it is." when they themselves are doing it. I find it funny because of them people bashing on people power leveling while they are doing the same thing. See the irony in this?

The players have no idea how to play their class. It is like they just care about PVP, why not play Unreal Tournament or some kind of shooting game and skip levels instead? They are bragging too much about what they have and what level their characters are, but they have no idea how to play their class. Is this a plague to the good players struggling not to quit?

These people even fail at trolling on the forums now, like Okeano for example. Seriously, why is endgame so important, yet its all screwed up? Endgame have turned into a useless quarrel. There is far too much useless posts, such as "5aps toons," "best pvp class," "most useless skill you have," "best damage you have," bringing on just bragging and complaints. Is this really necessary? You know you forum people ruined the most quality of the players and people should not be listening to you people anymore. Some of my friends are right and I saw your favorite former forum troll WC "do not listen to the forum's lies" on Heavens Tear. There is no such thing as skill anymore. Being level 100 matters and having so-called mediocre equipment.

I'll escape, I don't really like to post, you can see my post count so low, but I do read the forums from time to time. I like to read, but I just find it utterly funny most of the time. Why the new forums are just a laughing stock to ingame. I am actually finding the fact that even the bad players now are even more experienced that the people on the forums.

To the GM's, I apologize if this is flame bait. I just wanted to give a word to these people. I will just keep silent now.
Post edited by alpha777 on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    its what happens when you let the game goto the casual players, the almighty dollar sign becomes the prominent religion, making the old gods of skill and fraternity among players to be considered heresy when spoken about by those who reminesce the golden age of our once paragon of the F2P genre.

the game has become about he who can amass the most wealth, and he who can waste the most amount of time gaining said wealth. its become a monument to hedonism, which like the great eagles once said,

Last thing I remember, I was
    Running for the door
    I had to find the passage back
    To the place I was before
    'Relax,' said the night man,
    'We are programmed to receive.
    You can check-out any time you like,
    But you can never leave!'

the forum, albiet the small community that it is, consists of asinine threads, and a battle of he who has the bigger ego. complaints run rampant, insinuations gone wild, we will only see but the worst of the crowd here who prefers to spend their time causing shenanigans rather than enjoying the game.

leave while you still can, the forum is no place to be. enjoy the game for what it was meant to be, like i do, shrouded in mystery, as a no one so i can be someone - myself.

-dante lenneth invierno, once forum mogul, now exile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    alpha777 wrote: »
    I find it so hypocritical of people like Reds Rose and Michael_dark telling people "oh bh breeds noobs" or "this game is easy enough as it is." when they themselves are doing it.

You're an idiot.

Look at my join date?

I leveled the plain old fashion way... BH started when I was 89, and it was only one a day. They day before I hit 100 is when it switched to multiple BHs per day. I did maybe half a dozen Frost runs before I hit 100, this is before hypers were out.

Hypers weren't even out till I already hit 101.

Fail more please.

edit: BTW, if you're on LC and know me, you can talk a lot of ****, but one thing you wouldn't call me is fail. I may not be the best BM on the server, but I'm certainly in the top group of people who actually know what they're doing.

Who are you? Oh, some faceless troll account. lol GG
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Q_Q MOAR BRO

lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You're an idiot.

Look at my join date?

I leveled the plain old fashion way... BH started when I was 89, and it was only one a day. They day before I hit 100 is when it switched to multiple BHs per day. I did maybe half a dozen Frost runs before I hit 100, this is before hypers were out.

Hypers weren't even out till I already hit 101.

Fail more please.

edit: BTW, if you're on LC and know me, you can talk a lot of ****, but one thing you wouldn't call me is fail. I may not be the best BM on the server, but I'm certainly in the top group of people who actually know what they're doing.

Who are you? Oh, some faceless troll account. lol GG
    posts like these ask for threads to be locked. despite how correct or incorrect he may be, both of you do tend to be pedantic to those around the forums, ive seen it first hand. it has been rather played ad nauseum.

same goes for the large number of those claiming to be trolls <_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
    edited September 2010
    Options
    posts like these ask for threads to be locked. despite how correct or incorrect he may be, both of you do tend to be pedantic to those around the forums, ive seen it first hand. it has been rather played ad nauseum.

same goes for the large number of those claiming to be trolls <_>

I'm juvenile and petty, and I'm an ***. However, I do provide help when called for. Perhaps that's why in the 4k+ posts I have, I've never been banned and have only received a warning once?

Sure, I'm a jerk, but I'm usually in the right. When I'm not, I'm also the first to apologize. So, while I may not be above sinking down to someone else's level, at least I'm fair and honest.

b:pleased
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    im aware, it usually takes acts of lude and lavicious acts to get banned, speaking from experience baby. being an outright *** is easy to get away with. you know exactly how i would belittle and berate people and get away with it P:.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i hypered from 98-100 :o
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Zyfou - Heavens Tear
    Zyfou - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i hypered from 98-100 :o

How did you do that?

I don't even know how to use a hyper exp stone. =(
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    How did you do that?

I don't even know how to use a hyper exp stone. =(

LOL, yea, I was sitting here with my 98% exp at level 100, not wanting to level. THen my friend was like come FF and use hyper exp! I say okay, and I buy myself 5 hyper exp stones, then I realize I had no idea how to use them. After I "used" them I was like oooooooo so many buttons...what do they do?
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    First of all, it's a freaking game.
    It's not the quality of hospitals/doctors, school/teachers

It's a game

you Q.Q about how good people play a game
    it's like complaining that nowadays children cannot play football/random sport good because thay arent so fast as before etc

I laugh when I see WC like "LF pro bm/barb/.."
    pro? professional? I doubt that anyone player makes irl money from pwi..

Of course you will say that you want nice squads etc etc
    Well, squad with friends if you cannot tolerate a "fail player"
    Don't have friends/they left? Squad a couple of time with randoms and add the good ones
    OR teach them.

Btw, I never had a squad that I couldnt tolerate. Sure, in my last squad things didnt work so nice but generally I never had a fail squad like the ones you describe. Or I'm just tolerating too much XD

Last but not least, WTB better people.
    I suggest considering the situation on earth...
    Not everyone is good in his job. And that's what really matters, not if a 9x "blademaster" in the fictional world of a game didnt use in one run some sort dragon spell that amplifies damage.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    hmm i think im gonna watch this thread closely could get interesting *uses stealth & dissapears bck into the shadows*b:avoid
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Btw, I never had a squad that I couldnt tolerate. Sure, in my last squad things didnt work so nice but generally I never had a fail squad like the ones you describe. Or I'm just tolerating too much XD

Or you're more part of the problem than the solution.

I've had plenty of squads where I just facepalm after facepalm.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    im as pro as this in my squads.
    lol-1.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I met a barb in a frost whose idea of a pull was running into 1 group of 5 monsters, using roar and attacking them all 1 by 1. When the BM gathered up the monsters, the barb would just sit in tiger and attack them 1 at a time.

He didn't use his buffs unless you asked him a dozen times, he'd just stand there doing nothing in most bosses. He didn't leave tiger to do higher damage at anytime either when someone else was tanking.

A level 96 barb thats completely useless. The BM had to do everything. The very definition of an oracle/hyper moron.

Do I run BHs and frosts? Yes I do. I have also never had anyone in any party I have ever been in complain about my performance. On my veno or my barb. Instead, they keep inviting me back for other things.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Stuff he said.

Players on forums =/= everyone playing the game. Hundreds post here while thousands play and never come here. Don't judge the community by what's been said here.
  • alpha777
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Players on forums =/= everyone playing the game. Hundreds post here while thousands play and never come here. Don't judge the community by what's been said here.

That is exactly why I rarely post. The so called players on the forums have the least skill ingame, than the ones who are actually playing. The forums are misleading people ever since the new things players are now clinging on. I just wanted to make a little rant. Now I will play the game. It would be a waste of time to argue with Michael_dark and Rwargh or w/e his fail barb's name I saw his HP and his hot keys to when I wanted to read about "fist going to BM only", they like to quarrel with people. I should not take their troll bait I know better not to answer to idiots.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ok, so you dislike how people carry on in the forums.... fine

people who use money to play = automatic fail

people who play "casually" ruin the game because they also spend money....

i'm really not too sure what direction you meant this lil rant to go, but you sound more unreasonable than the people you are naming in your first post.

let's get a few things straight. without flaming or crying, i play casually AND spend money to play; i also happen to read the forums and take much good info from it. i also happen to play rather well and have semi decent pve gear. i dont understand how CS ruins the game or how playing for an unhealthy amount of time per day makes you sooo much better than folk who spend a bit to have a fun time playing.

now, if what you are really complaining about is that some guy can drop 2k a month in hard cash and be able to whoop your narrow lil behind, then all i have to say to you is:

spend a bit of cash and support the company~! i see far too many posts about CS ruining gameplay. yes this is a F2P game, but you try to take the time to learn to program such a complex information system, put up servers, MAINTAIN THEM, and provide extended content while administrating a community of players from various walks of life.

any person in this world who does something for a living wants to be paid well for it and have a chance to prosper. game designers are the same way. if all the so called "OG never-spent-a-dollar" players would contribute at least a few dollars, buy teles or something, ANTHING; then maybe there would be less emphasis on putting things up for sale ( the bidding hall is by far the most exploitative thing ever to be implemented) and even then i'm sure you would find a reason to complain.

cash shopping does not a n00b make, not caring and having a less serious attitude towards playing makes a n00b, not have you said nothing new, but you managed to add onto the very same negative elitist attitude you claim resides on the forums.

QQ's should not QQ about QQ'ers QQ'ing, it's just makes more QQ outta nothing.....
  • Tiageos - Sanctuary
    Tiageos - Sanctuary Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    These people even fail at trolling on the forums now, like Okeano for example. Seriously, why is endgame so important, yet its all screwed up? Endgame have turned into a useless quarrel. There is far too much useless posts, such as "5aps toons," "best pvp class," "most useless skill you have," "best damage you have," bringing on just bragging and complaints. Is this really necessary? You know you forum people ruined the most quality of the players and people should not be listening to you people anymore. Some of my friends are right and I saw your favorite former forum troll WC "do not listen to the forum's lies" on Heavens Tear. There is no such thing as skill anymore. Being level 100 matters and having so-called mediocre equipment.

Like how a perfectly reasonable thread like Common Misconceptions takes 3 pages to become a war between herc'ed and non-herc'ed veno's and a bunch of hotheads flaming each others gear trying to prove who's elite and who's not. Half of them don't even bother to read the previous posts before spamming more dung at everyone. b:chuckle

It would be nice if the OP had the ability to shut down his/her own thread when it gets out of hand like that. It'd shut a lot of people up.
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    OP your complaint (if I have it correctly) is common throughout many MMOs: casual players find the game too "difficult" so the developers make changes to cater to them, dumbing down the game, making it too easy to level, creating hordes of clueless endgamers.

What people (in any game) don't realize is, with the increasing popularity of MMOs, many of the people you run into really do have lives and will quit any game that requires more time then they are willing to commit. If that idea seems repulsive to you, think about how the game developers who lose money over these people quitting feel about it. These changes are necessary to keep the game running. With rare exception, most game developers only want to make money. The "integrity of the game" is a big fat joke. My personal bitterness aside, if the developers aren't making enough profit, they can't/won't keep the game running, pure and simple.

The only way to avoid bad players is to join (or start) a decent guild that helps everyone get their instance quests done. Back when I played this game (1.5 years or so ago) that's what guilds did. I wouldn't know if they still do...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
    edited September 2010
    Options
    That is exactly why I rarely post. The so called players on the forums have the least skill ingame, than the ones who are actually playing. The forums are misleading people ever since the new things players are now clinging on. I just wanted to make a little rant. Now I will play the game. It would be a waste of time to argue with Michael_dark and Rwargh or w/e his fail barb's name I saw his HP and his hot keys to when I wanted to read about "fist going to BM only", they like to quarrel with people. I should not take their troll bait I know better not to answer to idiots.

I bet you're the person I called horrible the other day aren't you? Haha, sorry, if someone is horribly fail in one of my parties, I'm not gentle about it. Even if you're in my faction. b:chuckle
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    That is exactly why I rarely post. The so called players on the forums have the least skill ingame, than the ones who are actually playing.

A little bit of overgeneralization I'd say. Some of us are on the forums during the day when we're at work.

And I'll say that some of the forum posters have been playing this game since it's inception... And a great many of them do have a bit more experience playing their toons than the average player.

I've been playing this game since open beta, and this toon since March of '08, taken time off to level an alt, and come back to the barb. I'm not going to say I'm the best barb, but I'm not fail. I had excellent teachers and squadmates.

So to say that those of us on the forums have "the least skill ingame" is a gross generalization and completely in error. If you wish to name names, then it's much better for you to name your own name, otherwise you're just an attention seeking troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • alpha777
    edited September 2010
    Options
    A little bit of overgeneralization I'd say. Some of us are on the forums during the day when we're at work.

And I'll say that some of the forum posters have been playing this game since it's inception... And a great many of them do have a bit more experience playing their toons than the average player.

I've been playing this game since open beta, and this toon since March of '08, taken time off to level an alt, and come back to the barb. I'm not going to say I'm the best barb, but I'm not fail. I had excellent teachers and squadmates.

So to say that those of us on the forums have "the least skill ingame" is a gross generalization and completely in error. If you wish to name names, then it's much better for you to name your own name, otherwise you're just an attention seeking troll.

Now I am not saying all people on the forums are bad, I mean 95% of the people the forums. I don't think you are a fail player, infact, very helpful to the community.

Now if I was being an "attention seeking troll" I'd have post counts like Michael_dark spamming his posts how professional he is or calling other people failure. I should have the same post counts like him right? I honestly saw Michael once acting like a child ingame, I barely said anything to him, and no I rather not bother with him. I think you should look at him. This is my fifth post, if you think I am looking for attention, then look at other people with their post counts when they say tl;dr, herp derp or some random nonsense. I am not that kind of person seeking attention.

Sorry for making such rants like these, but someone have to step their feet down and stand up. I don't have to be known on the forums since 95% of the posts and threads are just about flame wars and flame bait and just nonsense.
  • Bow_of_War - Lost City
    Bow_of_War - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I, like a lot of veterans of the old PWI, agree with Michael. I leveled the slow way until I was about 8x when BH came out. I did use hypers to get from about 95-100. I will also say that I am in the top 1/4 of archers on this server because I have learned to play my class through leveling. Michael is defiantly a pro BM because I used to PvP and TW againt him and all of Essence when I was in Spec (Before it fell apart >.>). Please stop the QQ about how people are better then you. Just remember, we all used to be noobs and it took work to be pro.
    My life is PWI....everything else is hobbies b:chuckle

I attempted to shoot arrows and stun irl b:surrender
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Actually, you are trolling and seeking attention. You'll call me out but not respond. Life is too short to be so serious. b:bye
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This game does not cater to casuals... The old excuse that gear and levels in the CS allows for people "without time to play" the oportunity to match more regular players is bull... Such devices attract, and are used by, a very devious kind of gamer... The same kind that resorts to RMT on p2ps. If anything what this things have done is made a standard of gears that require such massive spending of resources that casuals cannot compete...

The game caters to a small group willing to invest pathological amounts of either time or money. Unless you're a time efficient and wildly succesful merchant (a proposition unapealing to a large part of the player base) there is absolutely no way to compete.

Also, BHs really have become a problem as fast leveling does not only inhibit players from accumulating wealth from in game resources (which impacts gearing/skilling) but has promoted terrible gameplay. Barbs and Clerics are not as heavily impacted as other classes, although some players do get away with only playing a heavily scripted role that relies on a couple of skills. BMs and Venos are affected the worse, i've seen BMs flatly refusing to even try tanking, and venos whose role was nothing more than a weak aping of DDs. DD classes get to simply blend in the back spamming attacks or skills, no one caring wether their work is actually a contribution on par with what their level should allow them. While i'm all in favor of accepting different playstyles and specs the natural process which would have otherwise weeded out the really unfeasible ideas and encouraged a minimum standard of competence is now out the window.

The game as it was in the old days did encourage a better enviroment although i'm reluctant to give in to nostalgia, we also had grave concerns in that time. The forums are at least diverse enough in opinions offered even a casual reader should find a somewhat fair representation of positions on most issues, although i doubt their influence on the player base at large really is that determinant. There is a large consensus about many of the basics in playing veno by regular posters for instance, which seems to have had little impact upon players in general.

And finally, Waffle, i'm afraid i have to add this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-vwPuiILBc
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    First off, I like flame-baitness of this thread and feel that's the point of the thread. Secondly, Alpha777, please learn to write essay style before attempting to do so. You followed tangents and got off-topic multiple times in each paragraph, and to top it off, half of your paragraphs just didn't make clear sense. Also, naming and shaming (calling out Micael_Dark and Redsrose) is not allowed on these forums and is bannable. (ijs.)
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I lol'd rl tbh b:chuckle

I have been playing about 2yrs (started forums months after I started in-game) and leveled like Michael did, the "old-fashioned" way.

Now, having said that the "advice" that the two of use give is from our experience. Take it or leave it really. However, it is of my opinion that there is more experience to be had in this game then spamming BH's and Frost...those two things do not make you a good player, it MIGHT make you a decent player in those instances b:surrender

That is exactly why I rarely post. The so called players on the forums have the least skill ingame, than the ones who are actually playing.

Nice putting yourself in the same category as you have seemingly put all of us. It makes me feel a little better anyways. :p

And tbh, I find some of the better players are the ones posting on the forums b:cute
    Also, naming and shaming (calling out Micael_Dark and Redsrose) is not allowed on these forums and is bannable. (ijs.)

^ That more applies to in-game matters, but thx :)...And tbh I don't care lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I've been playing like 2 years, and I was like level 97 when BHs came out lmao. When people like Rose and Michael refer to old school players... they mean people who leveled the old fashioned way. The hyper bh oracle generation are just average players at best. They just don't have as much experience with their characters. It took me a year to hit level 100 the old fashioned way with deltas cs wq cube zhening aoe grind. Now level 100 can be done in under 1 month, so tell me how people at the same level 100 with a 1/12 of the time spent on their characters can compete with the old school players?

Better players aren't in the cash shop... yet... b:surrender
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    im as pro as this in my squads.
    lol-1.gif

XD I wanna learn to do that lolz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Agreed. For me, the forums are what I read with my morning coffee (not a newspaper fan). But I, too, started shortly after the game opened and leveled mostly without BHs and entirely without hypers. I am far from the best player, granted. But just because I post on the forums does not make me a fail player.

You may have specific issues with certain individuals here, but that is no reason to call all of us fail. You have likely never met/played with most of us and have no basis of judgement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842