[Server Maintenance] 9-7-10 [Complete]

Comments

• Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Early unofficial patch link: Patch 408-409 (8.9 MB)

Don't install this patch until the servers are offline, or else you won't be able to log in until after they come back up from maintenance.

At 8.9 MB there are probably only faction icon updates and minor changes, but that's just a guess.

As for what kind of contest I'd like to see? I'd probably enjoy another machinima contest. I still chuckle over things from the "PWI - Perfectly Lost" video from an earlier contest.

But, I also do like the armor design contest idea. You could get 14 different sets of armor (male and female for each of the 8 classes, except the Untamed classes), thus 14 winners that way. However, it only works if the armor actually gets implemented in the game. Having to work from templates is a good idea too, since it reduces the odds of people simply stealing someone else's image (though, admittedly, it doesn't eliminate copying entirely).

Wait. You're saying Untamed should get left out of that?
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Wait. You're saying Untamed should get left out of that?
    No, I'm saying the Untamed classes don't have male and female members of each class. That's why there are 14 sets of armor, not 16.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    No, I'm saying the Untamed classes don't have male and female members of each class. That's why there are 14 sets of armor, not 16.

Sorry, didn't read the numbers. >.<

Either way they die
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Looks like I'll be laughing out loud tonight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Anni packs! Anni Packs! Anni packs!

*Runs and hides before anyone can hurt me*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Its ok then we would just be back in a timeframe when I could maybe get my culti done. Go devs keep up these great ideas.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Venomincer - Sanctuary
    Venomincer - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Having a total brain **** but... 11PDT to 1PDT that is 1-3PST?(Canada)
    OMG 2hrs long!? b:victory
    This other game I play has like 8+hr long server checks and patches its ridiculous
    I've only been back for a few days(playing pw) and forgot the patches don't last long here :D
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I miss the Calender contests...I liked seeing other people's artwork.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Dzaiber - Harshlands
    Dzaiber - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    page 1?

graphical - design a new armor / weapon set

i agree. and no skirts for mans -.-

and more : everyone is lagging in almost everyplace. do something about that pls
  • Pig - Raging Tide
    Pig - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Music of course!!! ;D
  • Saiyori - Dreamweaver
    Saiyori - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'd like to see a design a mount/flyer contest. Draw it up and the winners get it made in game..And everyone else can buy it, for a nominal cash shop fee of course b:chuckle
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Art contests are always fun-just that I don't exactly have the programs to handle it atm QQ

I want an event where TT is split into 2 modes-Regular and Event Mode (the OMGWTFBBTHEQ mode it is now). Give a nicer drop rate in normal mode and in event mode give some rep for completing it as well as the nice drop rate. b:surrender
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • _evil_angel - Heavens Tear
    _evil_angel - Heavens Tear Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    lets have a kill the GM day where everyone smashs a Gm and who ever kills the GM gets a prize.
  • Nina_Su_Chan - Archosaur
    Nina_Su_Chan - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I like the idea of music...some of the songs get sightly annoying..xD we should get to make our own playlist of game music we wanna listen to...that way we don't have to listen to te annoying ones
  • Ladyvieira - Heavens Tear
    Ladyvieira - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Graphical....Design a PWI Lunchbox!! Metal ofc. I'd sooo rock one out if there were one.
  • Calmatica - Raging Tide
    Calmatica - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Music <3
    [SIGPIC]was fun but...[/SIGPIC]
  • too123
    too123 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:angry PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the lag in game
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Text is available to any one, but today reading is luxury. Art is the 2nd choice, has most people can draw or use a computer tool. Music and video are not at every one grasp.

So I vote for Art, I like the idea of a mount, Hum what a bout a giant X-Mas tree for Arch, and maybe new Halloween monster, new weapon for lower rank gear, the choice is endless.

But calendar art is old school

Hey what about a new CSS profile for the main page, 1 month publicity to the creator :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AriYama - Lost City
    AriYama - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Kantorek or Frankie plz PM me b:cry i wont bug much, just wanna know if im banned or what cuz i submitted a ticket a week ago and no reply... and i cant log in game and i didnt even get an email saying im banned or why.

And custumer support is just horrible =/
  • Chronobarok - Raging Tide
    Chronobarok - Raging Tide Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Writing contest but doesn't have to be with correct grammar or anything to do with technical writing. Just a fun writing contest and you have to write some crazy off the wall story that involves certain adventures you've had in PWI. The most entertaining and interesting story wins a platinum charm of their choice. b:victory
  • Dantalion - Dreamweaver
    Dantalion - Dreamweaver Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'd like to see Videos. b:cute
    Weee...
  • Inyl - Heavens Tear
    Inyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Man... and I wanted to play tonight. Oh wells.
  • Silron - Harshlands
    Silron - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:dirty maintinance XD

I would like to see a map contest,,draw up a map you would like to see for the new upcoming zones that never come ,,:P

put some lil towns .. maybe even side note a dungeon or two if your relly creative

be cool to see what people come up with
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    I'd like to see a design a mount/flyer contest. Draw it up and the winners get it made in game..And everyone else can buy it, for a nominal cash shop fee of course b:chuckle

I want a flying Octopus! b:cry

Either way they die
  • SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver
    SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Music :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nina_Su_Chan - Archosaur
    Nina_Su_Chan - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I've seen some pritty cool videos people have made too...so music and video.
  • GreenBeans - Dreamweaver
    GreenBeans - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Contest
    Hitman.

Everyone playing the game must add the other contestants to friends list to see current location.
    Everyone is randomly assigned a "target".

The assignment will be circular, meaning that you can follow the assignments back to yourself if you wanted. (A has to kill B, B has to kill C, C has to kill D, D has to kill A.)

Your victim is secret, so dont tell. If you are killed, your victim goes to your hitman.. so keep that a secret as well.

Your job is to terminate your "victim". If you can kill him, you get his victim; and so on.

End of the game: person A will have the contract to kill person B; and vice versa. The person who can kill his target the first wins the game.

How to kill your target

- If you see your target online, shout "hitman" and start killing him.

- If you get killed by your victim, you're out of the game.

- If you kill your victim, PM Game Judges You will need to add a screenshot as proof.

- You will receive a new victim (the person who your victim had to kill) and you move on. You will get the new contract by PM.

- No one will know who has who for a target, so you have to be ready at anytime.

- Hint: make sure you have good HP/Buffed when you're just chatting.

- If you are AFK.. you are vulnerable.. so I suggest logging out or staying in safe zone.

- The point is to simulate a real contract killing. Victims dont get to say they are "ready".

- Hitman sometimes have to stalk their victim (find out when they are usually online).

- Hitman don't usually do their killing when a bunch of ppl are around that can interfere. But you can do so if you wish...

Rules

- Be active.

- Before you begin to attack your target; you must shout "Hitman". Immediately killing your target after having said that line is allowed.

- 1 kill only, in the case of dual kill, whoever's name is listed first lost.

- A screenshot must be provided showing the sentence "hitman" and the kill. If you cant get the "contract killer" announcement, 2 screenshots would be better, but if there are witnesses that see you declare that works just the same.
  • AriYama - Lost City
    AriYama - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    is it me, or this game is rlly dead o.o

theres no massive spamm on this thread like there used to be during maint :3
  • Silron - Harshlands
    Silron - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Contest
    Hitman.

Its kool idea ... but 1 that would make for a massive friends list...can u even have that many friends

and two...u can always make an account on Harshlands..only diffrence is killer doesnt shout hitman ..the victom is uasaully shouting @#*&amp;$)ing ZULU
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    is it me, or this game is rlly dead o.o

theres no massive spamm on this thread like there used to be during maint :3

First week of school in most places... At least around here. :p
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level