Cleric appreciation

Comments

• VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It is never a good point to drink and play games at the same time this possibly why squads fail think of it this way what if you were driving a car drinking.What would happen to you if you got pulled over or even if you didn't?

Did you seriously just compare driving under the influence with playing a game while drunk? b:sweat

To answer your question, nothing would happen if happened to be drinking and driving because I have never and will never do so. Ignoring the huge opening for a joke about not wanting to spill my beer, I'm well aware that my coordination and reaction time get shot to hell when I'm drunk (the dozens of videos of me doing stupid **** being evidence of this) and I'm smart enough to know, even when drunk, that I shouldn't be driving like that.

OK, so here's a question of my own: If I were the type of person to drink and drive, would you rather have me sitting in front of a computer or out mowing people down in a car?
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Flinderlien - Heavens Tear
    Flinderlien - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    you ish God drag me to DW AND MARRY ME b:dirty
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ???? where did that date come from...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ???? where did that date come from...

Out of her ****, most likely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If we non-clerics refuse to recognize this holiday, is there going to be another cleric-protest?b:shocked
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    you ish God drag me to DW AND MARRY ME b:dirty

You should charge too, every cleric should. We're not a charity organization.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I already charge for res/buff.

5k for res, 1k for buff, for randoms anyways. Friends/Guildies get it free. ^_^

LOL?

Please tell me you are joking -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2010

I just say no to 99% of requests. Works for me :o

b:pleased
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010

...OK, so here's a question of my own: If I were the type of person to drink and drive, would you rather have me sitting in front of a computer or out mowing people down in a car?

drunk computing FTW b:victory

cant get a DUI sitting in the comfort of home on a computer. b:bye
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Flinderlien - Heavens Tear
    Flinderlien - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    >.> Here's how the date came..... so when I go to sit around in Elf Noob spot, every 10th of each month I see more clerics than usually noob and pro alike.. sooo I just chose a date by Observation o.o
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Are you serious?

I recommend you stop spamming, I think it's making you dumber. Read the original post and you might have some idea what's going on...

Double post ftw btw.

I did read the original post and it tell nothing of the alt unless it is what the avatar is.I didn't douple post.

To VerenKaunis and yes I comparing using computer at home or work while under the influence of alcohol as you can make mistakes.When you are at work it could mean your jop if you can't drink at work using computer then why do it playing games.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Can I refuse?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    if there is actually that day, i'll reinstall my pwi, log on my ep and kill all the eps i see outside sz just for the lols.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
    edited August 2010
    I did read the original post and it tell nothing of the alt unless it is what the avatar is.
    I started doing bh on this alt
    To VerenKaunis and yes I comparing using computer at home or work while under the influence of alcohol as you can make mistakes.When you are at work it could mean your jop if you can't drink at work using computer then why do it playing games.

Here's a huge flaw in your argument. When I play games it's during my own time. When I drink it's during my own time. I'm not endangering other people and I'm not causing my employer to lose money during my free time.

Will I make mistakes when I'm drunk? Yep, but I'll also make mistakes when I'm sober. The problem has less to do with me ****ing up and more to do with how quickly I react to the **** ups of the rest of the squad. In that regard I'm sure that my constant 2-4 seconds of lag has a much greater effect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    No thanks, unless there's a DD appreciation day where all DDs go on strike and clerics can form 6-man parties of all clerics and see how fast they can complete instances.

Or maybe a tank appreciation day. Then DDs will tank, and the clerics can have fun with ping pong aggro. Oh yea, and woe be you if you dont' have level 11 res yet.

Anyways my point is clerics are a part of the party like everyone else, and everyone should receive the same 'appreciation.'
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Here's a huge flaw in your argument. When I play games it's during my own time. When I drink it's during my own time. I'm not endangering other people and I'm not causing my employer to lose money during my free time.

Will I make mistakes when I'm drunk? Yep, but I'll also make mistakes when I'm sober. The problem has less to do with me ****ing up and more to do with how quickly I react to the **** ups of the rest of the squad. In that regard I'm sure that my constant 2-4 seconds of lag has a much greater effect.

It is not a flaw it is a fact and yes you can do what ever you want in your time as long as it doesn't cause others to make up for you lack of judgment.This is also widely known in sports pro or rec.When you have 1 beer means you legally drunk and this has nothing to do with lagg more to do with judgment.This happens in another game I play where groups fail mostly due to intoxication.I may drink lots of coffee but alteast I am alert alcohol is known to slow down your reaction time.
  • Dffffe - Archosaur
    Dffffe - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    No thanks, unless there's a DD appreciation day where all DDs go on strike and clerics can form 6-man parties of all clerics and see how fast they can complete instances.

Or maybe a tank appreciation day. Then DDs will tank, and the clerics can have fun with ping pong aggro. Oh yea, and woe be you if you dont' have level 11 res yet.

Anyways my point is clerics are a part of the party like everyone else, and everyone should receive the same 'appreciation.'

^ this. +1 :O
  • Angel_Mew - Raging Tide
    Angel_Mew - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    What would be better if clerics did not need an event to be respected.
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2010

yea why is there only a cleric appreciation day? why isnt there a DD appreciation day or a tank appreciation day? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    What would be better if clerics did not need an event to be respected.
    sad but +1
    yea why is there only a cleric appreciation day? why isnt there a DD appreciation day or a tank appreciation day? b:surrender
    im totally for a 'good tank appreciation day' and a 'good DD who knows how to play and pay attention day'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    I'm totally for having no 'appreciation days' and playing the game normally.
  • Stargazers - Heavens Tear
    Stargazers - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It is not a flaw it is a fact and yes you can do what ever you want in your time as long as it doesn't cause others to make up for you lack of judgment.This is also widely known in sports pro or rec.When you have 1 beer means you legally drunk and this has nothing to do with lagg more to do with judgment.This happens in another game I play where groups fail mostly due to intoxication.I may drink lots of coffee but alteast I am alert alcohol is known to slow down your reaction time.

Legally drunk?
    An extremely redundant term.
    If it is legal, what is the problem?
    "Leave my friend alone, police officer, he's legally drunk!"

Leaving Carlin quotes aside, that fact destroys your stance, so it is indeed a flaw in your argument.
    That is the definition of the phrase in question, after all.
    It is her own time, so she is free to engage in whatever activity she wants to.

Frankly, I am astounded that you even connected drunk driving to drunk playing.
    It is just a game, after all, so it matters little if there are casualties.

Also, Ashivas was talking about himself; learn to be more aware of your surroundings.
    It is doubtful that you are a functional cleric in instances, given that you do not pay attention.

I beg to differ. The lag is consistent, but the effect of alcohol on your reaction time will vary greatly, obviously depending on the dosage. And lag does not make you unable to pay attention or suffer from beer goggles.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm totally for being paid, just for existing...since I'm like, one out of a dozen high level barbs left on the planet. b:surrender
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Magic_Seeker - Sanctuary
    Magic_Seeker - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    -- well to me all classes deserve respect and are needed not only clerics or barbs.. now.. the person behind them, that's another story ....
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Legally drunk?
    An extremely redundant term.
    If it is legal, what is the problem?
    "Leave my friend alone, police officer, he's legally drunk!"

Leaving Carlin quotes aside, that fact destroys your stance, so it is indeed a flaw in your argument.
    That is the definition of the phrase in question, after all.
    It is her own time, so she is free to engage in whatever activity she wants to.

Frankly, I am astounded that you even connected drunk driving to drunk playing.
    It is just a game, after all, so it matters little if there are casualties.

Also, Ashivas was talking about himself; learn to be more aware of your surroundings.
    It is doubtful that you are a functional cleric in instances, given that you do not pay attention.

I beg to differ. The lag is consistent, but the effect of alcohol on your reaction time will vary greatly, obviously depending on the dosage. And lag does not make you unable to pay attention or suffer from beer goggles.
    It doesn't matter if their reaction time to helping you out from dieing and going back to town.Then they can sit there well I go for a coffee and see how they like that after all it is my time.it is connected it because of where I work as we deal with addicts and I know what even 1 beer can do to a person.I would like to see this person play need for speed and see if they could win sprint or not get busted

I am very functional cleric as I play another healing class in another game much harder than this one which is always getting skill balances.That game has others who can do the ressing so if I go down they can res me.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    I just say no to 99% of requests. Works for me :o

b:pleased

Yea, when they say "Hey when you're done with that mob come res me", I reply with "5k for res", they say "What?", then i continue on my way.
    So far, I haven't actually got a person to give me 5k for a res though lol. Would be sweet if they did.
    LOL?

Please tell me you are joking -.-

My god! I see it now! Your posts are sophisticated. /sarcasm

Get out --->
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lets have a day where we can all be happy and appreciative of all the classes, oh wait thats a normal day b:avoidb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    I did read the original post and it tell nothing of the alt unless it is what the avatar is.I didn't douple post.

Your reading comprehension sucks then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    It is not a flaw it is a fact and yes you can do what ever you want in your time as long as it doesn't cause others to make up for you lack of judgment.

Lack of judgment? Yes, because playing a cleric is incredibly difficult. Hm, should I heal everyone or just let them die? So hard to choose.

Oh, and I play my other classes just fine while drunk. Made a few goofs the first couple times but after that I play them relatively well (again, not as well as I could when sober but still good enough to not hold back my squad).
    When you have 1 beer means you legally drunk

Having 1 beer means someone is drunk? Last time I checked legally drunk was having a BAC of 0.08 or higher. I doubt even a 10 year old would have a BAC anywhere close to 0.08 after 1 beer.
    this has nothing to do with lagg more to do with judgment.

Use a 10 year old computer you dug out of your closet and play with every action delayed by 2-4 seconds and then say lag has nothing to do with it. My judgment is fine but it doesn't mean **** if the wellspring/SoR/purify doesn't get to the person before he/she dies. b:bye
    This happens in another game I play where groups fail mostly due to intoxication.

Good thing this isn't some other game then. I freely admit that I suck at Modern Warfare 2 when I'm drunk so I'm glad that PW is such a simple game.
    alcohol is known to slow down your reaction time.

Thank you for stating a well-known fact which is taught to children in elementary school.

Luckily, PW doesn't require an extremely fast reaction time. Unless your squad bum rushes a group of mobs and causes a huge cluster**** then you only need to worry about healing the tank and the occasional DD.

Edit:

An argument which doesn't contain made up facts and a holier-than-thou attitude.

To address your points; for the most part the lag is pretty reliable at a 3 second delay but usually when I log on after drinking it's when I've come down a bit so generally I'm not completely ****faced. It's not as consistent as the lag so it's harder to compensate while playing but a half hour generally gives me a good feel for how I should play.

Also, I find focusing easier when I'm drunk. b:surrender

My peripheral vision is nonexistent but despite that (or maybe because of it) whatever I'm looking at has my full attention. Not saying I play as well as I do when sober but I don't completely fail either (except the first couple times <_<).
    It doesn't matter if their reaction time to helping you out from dieing and going back to town.

I've prevented squad wipes several times while drunk and I've failed to do the same while sober.
    Then they can sit there well I go for a coffee and see how they like that after all it is my time.

Then I'd do the same thing I do for anyone who goes afk or d/cs for long periods of time; leave you behind and continue on without you.

Any competent squad leader would boot someone who completely fails at his/her class regardless of whether or not that class is needed.
    it is connected it because of where I work as we deal with addicts and I know what even 1 beer can do to a person.

I fail to see how any of your points are connected at all. So the fact that I go and have a few drinks some friends once or twice a week means I'm an addict? Riiiiiiiiight.
    I would like to see this person play need for speed and see if they could win sprint or not get busted

Sober? Yeah.
    Drunk? Nope, but I'll have fun trying.

Oh, and what does Need for Speed have to do with PW?
    I am very functional cleric as I play another healing class in another game much harder than this one which is always getting skill balances.

Good for you. As I've said already in this post, it's a good thing PW is so easy.

By the way, in case you haven't noticed, PW isn't this other game you keep bringing up to support every single argument you make in whatever thread you decide to post in.
    That game has others who can do the ressing so if I go down they can res me.

Again, what does this have to do with any of your other points?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Strange thing is, even though many clerics complain about being taken for granted, I've only even seen threads about cleric appreciation days, appreciate your cleric, why fail clerics aren't fail, etc. etc. etc. I mean don't get me wrong, I know clerics have to put up with a lot when it comes to noobs who can't tell who's fault it is when they die/their charm gets a tick, but I've yet to see another class with so many people who are so full of themselves to make such topics on the forum. Good players appreciate good clerics. That does not mean every cleric out there deserves the same respect. I appreciate good clerics every day I party with one. I will always look down on crappy ones. I know when it's my fault I died and when it was the cleric's fault, and I will "appreciate" the players behind the heal, not the class. End of story, no matter how many of these threads come up.

Honestly, stop making threads like these. If you deserve to be appreciated, people will do it automatically, and they don't need a special day for it.