My first Armageddon

Options
Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Barbarian
b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle

For those who have helped me on the way to here. A big thank you ^.^

Just to share my first Armageddon Picture with you guys as promised to some.

Level 1 Armageddon

(Hp/2 + Mp/2) *2.2 + 2200

Max damage : 13448 with ToP
In Picture: 12707

http://i35.tinypic.com/14u9mjp.jpg

maybe you guys can share your first when you get there ^.^
Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
Post edited by Blood_Panda - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Gratz o;o lol b:chuckle
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Voski - Lost City
    Voski - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle

For those who have helped me on the way to here. A big thank you ^.^

Just to share my first Armageddon Picture with you guys as promised to some.

Level 1 Armageddon

(Hp/2 + Mp/2) *2.2 + 2200

Max damage : 13448 with ToP
    In Picture: 12707

http://i35.tinypic.com/14u9mjp.jpg

maybe you guys can share your first when you get there ^.^

Don't forget to count in damage reduction from mob def
  • Cybetron - Raging Tide
    Cybetron - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Grats on getting the skill bro now go AOE Qingzi's room b:laugh
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:victory gratz on getting the most destructive skill we barb have b:dirty

but imo i think you should level SUNDER before ARMA, is always better having a nice surival skill which is aoe too...

Atm i have SUNDER level 9 and ARMA level 1, even if id like to deal out nice big numbers remember that we are wanted cuz we are UNSINKABLE b:chuckle

and im broke as hell with 89demon skill at 1mil each
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Chronobarok - Raging Tide
    Chronobarok - Raging Tide Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    DAMN!!!!

This is a PvE skill mostly right? Do you ever use it for pvp?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    DAMN!!!!

Lolwhut?
    Armageddon be good for PvP as well.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    DAMN!!!!

You jokin?

I use Arma far more in PvP than in PvE outside of perhaps AoE grinding.

... but who the heck grinds anymore? QQ
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    DAMN!!!!

It is an excellent pvp skill, however, you need to be careful with it.

When you consider the hp cost associated with using it, combined with the barb accuracy issue, Fuzzy suggests using it only as a kill shot. If you bring out the big guns too early in a fight, me fear you run the risk of potentially suiciding. Fuzzy will only arma in pvp if me get an opponent almost 50% of the way down. Throw out a ToP combined with arma and at that point, charm or not, other classes will find themselves taking a dirt nap.

b:cute

unless ofcourse every foe is far below your level.... Fuzzy has 1-shot an entire catapult squad and more in TW with arma before. b:chuckle What was that faction thinking when they attacked?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    unless ofcourse every foe is far below your level.... Fuzzy has 1-shot an entire catapult squad and more in TW with arma before. b:chuckle What was that faction thinking when they attacked?

They has wanted to taste the Fuzzy arma.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    well it is one of the reason i wanted a barb.. ^.^

best part is that it actually crits.. I saw 20k damage on my armag today.
    From what i heard with a zerg axe.. i can probably see 40k.

@fuzzy, wouldnt one slam from you take them all out anyway? b:chuckleb:chuckleb:c huckle

@GohRaL ya i want both Armag and slunder.

But @ my level there is so much skill to learn lol, There is Alacity of Beast which i have yet to get to max, invoke spirit and shapeshift. Even tiger form lvl 3 is here. So I planned to get armag so that i can do farming to power my Slunder which in turn power my other skills before advancing.

I can do with lack of gears, but lack of skills is something i can't allow myself.
    and maybe farm some rep so that i can get my lvl 60 rep armor b:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    Vorgen - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wait till ya get to 90 i am a demon barb and got 75k crit without the Zerk axes going off yesterday....was soo proud of myself....imagine if it zerked O.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yup.. i am looking forward to lvl 89 as well..

b:pleased i want to go sage though. i want to do AoE like some of the armageddon videos i saw on youtube.

Zerg+Crit+ToP is what cause max damage from Armageddon right? b:victory
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yup.. i am looking forward to lvl 89 as well..

b:pleased i want to go sage though. i want to do AoE like some of the armageddon videos i saw on youtube.

Zerg+Crit+ToP is what cause max damage from Armageddon right? b:victory

use tangling mire too. + devour if singel target
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think for boss

the best i tried.. was devour+tangling mire+ impact

haven tried all those with Armageddon though.. looking forward to trying b:chuckle
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    187k my highest so far but that's not full debuffs + ToP to tick charm :(
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Cybetron - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    @Blood before using Arma, let the BM or Veno know. Ask the BM to HF (I got used to typing DG -.-) or ask the veno to armor break (a lvl 79 skill for them, better than devour) or Amp. Now just use ToP, wait for a charm tick and then Arma for best results b:victory
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just wanted to note that you have quite good HP for level 60.

Keep it up! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    When you consider the hp cost associated with using it, combined with the barb accuracy issue, Fuzzy suggests using it only as a kill shot. If you bring out the big guns too early in a fight, me fear you run the risk of potentially suiciding. Fuzzy will only arma in pvp if me get an opponent almost 50% of the way down. Throw out a ToP combined with arma and at that point, charm or not, other classes will find themselves taking a dirt nap.
    this of course depends on you already having full HP... may not be an issue if you run around charmed... just throw out Armageddon right after charm tick. I've personally never been in a situation where I was uncharmed and still at full HP by the time i got two sparks built up. then again... I don't spam potions.
    use tangling mire too. + devour if singel target
    yep! If you have a lucky enough genie you can stat enough vit for 48(?) + 115 = 163 stamina. Of course my own genie has 47/80 LP but I've got it statted at 84 STR 15 Vit (zeal). I'd need to either restat STR points to VIT and gimp both my TM and ToP strength, or get another 25 points just to get to 140 stamina, and 46 more on top of that to get to 163 stamina.b:shocked
    Just wanted to note that you have quite good HP for level 60.

Keep it up! :D
    yep. pretty close to what I have unbuffed standing up.

----

My Armageddon must be broken though b:surrender I always found it made more sense to me to double spark a swell/slam combo (in AoE) or to double spark Penetrate Armor -> bestial onslaught -> normals (single target) than to sacrifice half my HP and MP pool to use a skill that currently (from my own experience) doesn't match in strength to the damage output of the combos listed above. Of course my armageddon is still level 3 b:chuckle (I like sunder better). Arma ought to deal more damage when you consider the survival risk involved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Cybetron - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Arma was truly made for a one-shot PK Kill. It's true that u can get close to the same damage in PvE with other skills + double spark, but in PvP when someone sees you double sparking and sits around tanking an Onslaught then you are lucky that your opponent is dumb.

Plus, Arma damage increases with our HP unlike other skills, so a pure tank barb (was the intended build when our race came out) may not shine in dealing damage but still can hold one skill that can turn the tables of a match.

I made a calculation comparing demon arma (taking an average 20k HP barb at lvl 100) with sage BIDS from wizard. Turns out that we deal the same damage (in p attack) as them, if not more (owing to the beautiful aspect of our weapons - zerk b:dirty ):

Arma
    Half of HP = 10,000
    Half of MP = 800
    Arma damage = 5000 + 4*(10800) = 48,200 + 10% (demon) = 52k approx (PvE of course)

BIDS
    Base mag attack = 19k (a +11 rank8 wep)
    Max Wep base damage = 3k (I know that this is way too much, but just for the lulz)
    BIDS Damage = 19k + 3k*5 + 14k = 48k approx.

If a wiz can verify the formulae then that would be great. But yeah, give me one good reason why anyone would hate this b:dirty
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I made a calculation comparing demon arma (taking an average 20k HP barb at lvl 100)

hmm.. how much would 20k HP cost? IE.. what kinds of shards and refine levels are we talking about here? 20k HP standing up is an awful lot b:shocked

I can see 20k HP in sage tiger form with sage BKI, being 175% of 11,429 (unbuffed humanoid) - with humanoid buffed being at 15,429
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • trevtimusprime
    trevtimusprime Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hmm.. how much would 20k HP cost? IE.. what kinds of shards and refine levels are we talking about here? 20k HP standing up is an awful lot b:shocked

I can see 20k HP in sage tiger form with sage BKI, being 175% of 11,429 (unbuffed humanoid) - with humanoid buffed being at 15,429

I have 24,560 in Stand up.

I'm also demon, not that affects Human form @ all.
    CB-Phase 1-4
    I am Snorlax and I will block your path.

DestroyTokyo- Voted best WereBeast on PWI Lost City server <3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I have 24,560 in Stand up

....this Fuzzy has got to see! b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cybetron - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well tank build or vit build barbs usually have or expected to have 18k in human form at 100. If the barb doesn't reach that mark or doesn't have good defenses then he won't stand much of a chance against the DDs with rank8s and nirvanas while pulling cata. Every server has its share of 30k+hp barbs.

Fuzzy, for example, is sharded with def stones (am I right fuzzy) so if he went with vit +10 he'ld end up with 20k hp in human form (he has 18k HP in human I think). And he isn't a tank build (hybrid).

So yeah a good vit build or non-fist barb at 100 should have atleast 18k HP. The calculations I made were based on that b:pleased
  • XDarkJessX - Lost City
    XDarkJessX - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It is an excellent pvp skill, however, you need to be careful with it.

*pets fuzzy* good lil destructive kitty b:cute
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ....this Fuzzy has got to see! b:pleased

Fuzzy should check out PoohBear.
    b:victory
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trevtimusprime
    trevtimusprime Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Fuzzy should check out PoohBear.
    b:victory

Does he have 30k yet!
    CB-Phase 1-4
    I am Snorlax and I will block your path.

DestroyTokyo- Voted best WereBeast on PWI Lost City server <3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Fuzzy didnt think Pooh still played...

But ya, for a sin, he is insanity. Fuzzy has run squad 3-3 with just him, Fuzzy and cleric... fast isnt even the word. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well tank build or vit build barbs usually have or expected to have 18k in human form at 100. If the barb doesn't reach that mark or doesn't have good defenses then he won't stand much of a chance against the DDs with rank8s and nirvanas while pulling cata. Every server has its share of 30k+hp barbs.

Fuzzy, for example, is sharded with def stones (am I right fuzzy) so if he went with vit +10 he'ld end up with 20k hp in human form (he has 18k HP in human I think). And he isn't a tank build (hybrid).

So yeah a good vit build or non-fist barb at 100 should have atleast 18k HP. The calculations I made were based on that b:pleased

i quit now then I guess b:surrender
    no way in hell will i achieve those types of refines and shards without major cash shopping.b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    cool story bro, test it on mobs your level b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
    edited August 2010
    Options

Having a 30k hp pool would be sweet just because thats an insane number b:nosebleed

However....

Sadly Fuzzy will never realize anything close to that. Me has made a decision to trade off hp in favour of str and def. With everyone and their mom running around with +30 attack lvl blessings now having a deep hp pool does not quite mean what it did in the past me don't think. Yes, you can take more hits but the rate at which r8 sins or 5aps bm's can eat through that is slightly broken these days.

It seem to Fuzzy that one answer to this be to increase def level as much as possible. In the end, Fuzzy hope to be able to achieve somewhere around +52 def level. This will cancel out the Jones bless and then some. Combine that with around 23-24k hp as well as 310+ points to str me should have Fuzzy well protected, in good health and still able to hit like a freight train.

It is not possible to achieve the 30k'ness without sharding full +vit stones. Me knows that when pulling cata that would be sweet and combined with ironguards etc does make a pretty indestructible barb. But as me has said in other posts, Fuzzy is not a big fan of the pure vit build.

A hard-core kitty should be more than a meat shield Fuzzy thinks. We have the distinct advantage of being able to absorb damage like a sponge soaks up spilled milk, however we should also be able to deal the damage, not only through arma, to make everyone else run for the hills.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]