Weapon Porgression

Comments

• Lejont - Raging Tide
    Lejont - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Don't listen to that guy. If you are on a budget, simply use what weapon you can that has some good stats until 60 then start using TT weapons or Legendary weapons. At 90, either Wraith Conquerer of Wheel of Denied Fate are good weapons. If you can't afford Lunar/FCC weapons, these will be more then fine. At 99, Scaredevil is probably the best because it is pure attack sword. The Godspeed glaive is nice for some added HP, but Scaredevil is best for attack. But even a Wheel of Denied Fate can be suitable for level 99 and above with some decent refines and shards.

lol DO NOT USE THE WRAITH CONQUER either get the glavie or the crict sword at 99 the gold crict sword is good and pretty cheap that what u should use
  • Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear
    Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Scaredevil and Fate Denial are both horrible endgame weapons for a wizard. Any wizard who suggests Fate Denial is a moron. What a disgusting alternative to the hh99 crit sword.
    The doctor will see you now.
  • Ignation - Lost City
    Ignation - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Don't really remember what I went through but:

1) Sayakamuni Light (spelling?)
    2) Aquadash (Dropped b:surrender)
    3) HH90 Glaive
    4) HH99 Crit Sword
    5) Nirvana

Scaredevil isn't really bad tbh, It hits pretty hard, but I'd rather have 1% crit more + HP.

Do not go channeling path, that's for venos mainly.

If you want channeling, get the CV wand, or get a Nirvana wand.

Here is my current weapon. b:cute

DoomStick.jpg
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
  • Lejont - Raging Tide
    Lejont - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Don't really remember what I went through but:

1) Sayakamuni Light (spelling?)
    2) Aquadash (Dropped b:surrender)
    3) HH90 Glaive
    4) HH99 Crit Sword
    5) Nirvana

Scaredevil isn't really bad tbh, It hits pretty hard, but I'd rather have 1% crit more + HP.

Do not go channeling path, that's for venos mainly.

If you want channeling, get the CV wand, or get a Nirvana wand.

Here is my current weapon. b:cute

DoomStick.jpg

oo is that the inferno nirvaned twice
  • Ignation - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    oo is that the inferno nirvaned twice

Yes, that was my first try, AKA just got it to second cast, and got those stats. b:pleased
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    nice +2 attack level
  • Ignation - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    nice +2 attack level

Thank you very much, goes with the DoTs in my gear b:victory
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    b:chuckle
    ya they r a great pair lol
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Thank you very much, goes with the DoTs in my gear b:victory

b:sweat

Ninja Wizzy thread..hai hun b:dirty

PS --> Crit Sword pls...Sorry but I lol if I see an end-game Wiz with the glaive -.-

It is very easy to get a channeling set of gear.. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Ignation - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    ya they r a great pair lol

18 Magic and 3 crit, I kinda wish it was 4 crit but meh.

Not gonna recast for something like 18 magic x2 and 4 crit.

^

Idiotic unless lotsa cash b:laugh
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited August 2010

18 Magic and 3 crit, I kinda wish it was 4 crit but meh.

Not gonna recast for something like 18 magic x2 and 4 crit.

^

Idiotic unless lotsa cash b:laugh

ya just stick with the 3 crict its not worth the hassel and money for 4 crict
  • Ignation - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Oh trust me, I like how my weap is, not recasting or anything.

Just frustrating sometimes to see my faction leader (2nd Cast Nirvana Wand) That has Magic 18 x2 + 6% Channeling.

36 Magic <3
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Oh trust me, I like how my weap is, not recasting or anything.

Just frustrating sometimes to see my faction leader (2nd Cast Nirvana Wand) That has Magic 18 x2 + 6% Channeling.

36 Magic <3

XD well buy a lunar wand and recast it twice b:chuckle but i hate how it looks i thought it would have a more dinstiguished look i guess that what i was expecting
  • Ignation - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    ya just stick with the 3 crict its not worth the hassel and money for 4 crict
    XD well buy a lunar wand and recast it twice b:chuckle but i hate how it looks i thought it would have a more dinstiguished look i guess that what i was expecting

Rofl.

Haha, yeah, the HH-Nirvana wand looks = meh.
    But one of my faction mates just got 1st cast CV-Nirvana wand = Amazing.

But still, sword was always the best.

Kinda surprised Mages are considering the HH99 Glaive.

Crit is what defines a mage, a crit = death.

Channeling is for pve, unless you are a LA mage with Elemental adorns, you should never go channeling -.-
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=69228e9d44b86df6

i could get more channeling but dont see the point unless i can stack it so i choose more bulkier things(94 pdef x3 sleeves, etc)

Thanks.b:cute

Now from what i'm hearing i'd be a total fool for using Fate Denial. So...rethinking then...
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Ignation - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Thanks.b:cute

Now from what i'm hearing i'd be a total fool for using Fate Denial. So...rethinking then...

Yeah, trust me it's not any good.

Crit is your friend.

And bear in mind that, the glaive does not have consistent damage.

The sword will have a good range between your lowest and highest ends, and has really good spike damage.

Take the Sword, or the CV-Wand. those are your best friends.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I has question D:

Is Blade of the Red Dust worth using?
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I has question D:

Is Blade of the Red Dust worth using?

eh 90 glaive is the best weapon. It outdamage blade of red dust by a TON
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    +1 to crit sword

Here's my weapon path:

0 - 60 don't remember, quest rewards probably - Wheel of Fate is ok but tbh doesn't matter - your not 1 shotting anyone so who cares)

60 - 70 Ancient Arbor (but anything is fine - your not 1 shotting anyone so who cares)

70 - 85 Sakyaumni's Light (try to 2 socket and +4) - pdef is nice

85 - 99 Sensoid Emptiness (frost wand) +6 w/2 sapphire gems (its worth it - your going to be using this for a long long time in most cases).

99 Inferno +10 with 2 iceborne stones - yummie
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Questweapons
    Wheel of Fate
    TT60
    borrowed some TT80
    Requiem Blade
    TT99/Endgmame of your choice

Since leveling with bh and Fccs is so quick (if this is good or not is another story xD) I tried to avoid extra costs.
  • Damer_Flinn - Sanctuary
    Damer_Flinn - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Is this info still relevant?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    no
    weapon progression is now..

anything -> rank8 -> rank9
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Fist_Mama - Harshlands
    Fist_Mama - Harshlands Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    my weapon progression on my wiz was
    1-20:quest wep
    20-30:fb19 wand
    30-:43 supply stash sword
    43-60-wheel of fate
    60-70:anicent arbor
    70-80:skayumis light
    80-90endless ambuidty
    90-95:wheel of denied fate
    95-99 neon purgatory
    99-100:99 crict sword
    current wep:rank8
  • HealingBliss - Lost City
    HealingBliss - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    My wizzy's about to hit 9x so i'll be able to use my +11 lunar after some frosts, but with the rank sale should that be my end game weapon? Everyone's saying that +4-5 R8 hits as hard as +10 lunar so does that mean i'll just be running around with a +6 R8? =/ (My wand is bound on my ep so i can account stash it but not sell it :p)
    Shhh don't troll, it's yulk bait.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    +5 rank8 is on par with +10 lunar.
    Your choice.
    How I know? I have/had both. +10 Lunar with saphire gem and I switched to +5 R8 (for now) with 2 saph gems. (I'm not taking it to +10 yet, orbs are in bank , I have to see what Genesis brings into gameplay)

With Lunar wand I had 13k mag attk. With R8 sword I have 13-15 now. You be the judge.
    Plus, with rank 8 comes a nice ring and top. Pants are not worth it, as wiz TT90 >>R8.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I think I used something like,

30-50: Order of the Stars (Probably used a normal 3star something Wep at 40, can't remember though)
    50-60: General Summer's Magicsword (Supply Stash 50 Weapon)
    60-70: Ancient Arbor
    70-80: Grief's Breath
    80-??: Endless Ambiguity
    85?-??: Aquaride

I used Grief's Breath and Endless Ambiguity (Current Weapon) because of the HP adds, (Since I'm LA, And so HP>PDef for me)

I also like survivability adds on a weapon, rather than pure damage. I'll probably get the Wraith Conqueror at level 90, it looks like it has nice stats. The Aquaride would be my pure-DD weapon (Since I cannot afford an Aquadash/Sensoid ect.)

I was looking at the Lunar Magic Sword for level 95, if I could afford it then. But, looking at the Sensoid Emptiness, That also looks very appealing (+355HP :D) The Neon Purgatory also looks very nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    get whatever keeps you in FC until 100.
    At 100 get R8.
    Anything else is a joke as wizard weapon.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shalandra_ - Sanctuary
    Shalandra_ - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    *doesn't listen to the above disgruntled player*
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    get whatever keeps you in FC until 100.
    At 100 get R8.
    Anything else is a joke as wizard weapon.

just started playing again still use my hh99 lol! Leveling a sin to farm money to get rank 8 xd
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Minrothad - Dreamweaver
    Minrothad - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This might be a good time to consider what everyone should do with their +10 tt99s with 2 ice stones.

Scrap it and go for rank?

Still worth it to nirvana?
This discussion has been closed.