Weapon Porgression

Teppeii - Dreamweaver
Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Wizard
Okay, so, I made a wizard a few days ago. I love it. I look forward to putting some time into it. Lvl24 using Perfect Officer's Magicsword at the moment.

I was wondering however, if there was a tried-and-true weapon progression from start till endgame that most people use. Cause i'm used to archer weapons-there aren't many good ones. Now as a wizard there's all sorts of choices with the glaives and the wands and i'm overwhelmed. I like planning out what weapons i'm gonna use in the future near and far. Some guidance would be nice as to how I go about this.b:cute

Thanks for your time.b:bye

Edit: Yes, i know i spelled Progression incorrectly. All part of my devious scheme to get people to come in my thread. Or something. >>;;
On indefinite hiatus :3
Post edited by Teppeii - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Level 30-43: use the 30 mold sword or craft a raybender with good adds.
    level 43-60: use wheel of fate
    level60-70: use hh60
    level 70-80/85: use ashura sign or sakyamuni light

now it gets a bit confusing here

level80-90: use tt80 glaive or yaksa
    level85-95/99: use Aquadash, sensoid emptiness
    level 90+: use 6jun
    level 90-95/99: use hh90 glaive
    level 95-100: use neon purgatory
    level99-100: use hh99 gold sword or glaive
    level100+: use hh100/8jun/nirvana

Anymore questions?b:bye
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Hitori_Hanso - Sanctuary
    Hitori_Hanso - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Don't listen to that guy. If you are on a budget, simply use what weapon you can that has some good stats until 60 then start using TT weapons or Legendary weapons. At 90, either Wraith Conquerer of Wheel of Denied Fate are good weapons. If you can't afford Lunar/FCC weapons, these will be more then fine. At 99, Scaredevil is probably the best because it is pure attack sword. The Godspeed glaive is nice for some added HP, but Scaredevil is best for attack. But even a Wheel of Denied Fate can be suitable for level 99 and above with some decent refines and shards.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Don't listen to that guy. If you are on a budget, simply use what weapon you can that has some good stats until 60 then start using TT weapons or Legendary weapons. At 90, either Wraith Conquerer of Wheel of Denied Fate are good weapons. If you can't afford Lunar/FCC weapons, these will be more then fine. At 99, Scaredevil is probably the best because it is pure attack sword. The Godspeed glaive is nice for some added HP, but Scaredevil is best for attack. But even a Wheel of Denied Fate can be suitable for level 99 and above with some decent refines and shards.

dont listen to this guy

this is my weapon path

1-20 quest rewards
    20-30 fb wand(cause we didnt have the chest thingy back then)
    34-44 i used a 3 star raybender that was 2 sockets and i forgot the adds
    44-48 i used a 3 star dharma sword that gave me 200 HP, sold it for 1.3mil later lol
    48-60 i used wheel of fate
    61-70 hh60
    70-80 ashura sign
    80-90 yaksa/wheel of life(i had 2 weapons)
    90-92 hh90 glaive
    92-99 aquadash
    99 hh99 gold sword
    100+ working on doom of flowers now.

scaredevil is terribad. Not only can you not nirvana it when you choose to achieve an endgame weapon but you dont get the HP you get from IHRS which is valuable when you are trying to squeeze extra HP out of your gear or you dont get the raw damage of neon purgatory or the -chan from the 99 glaive if thats what you so choose.

EDIT: i should also add the tt99 gold sword is cheap to make 15mil and i havent regret having it yet.

EDIT2: and if you get wraith conq for the HP, just pay the friggen 20mil for sensoid emptiness. Better HP mods and you get more channeling and a higher grade refine. Also a better resell rate.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    edited August 2010
    dont listen to this guy

this is my weapon path

1-20 quest rewards
    20-30 fb wand(cause we didnt have the chest thingy back then)
    34-44 i used a 3 star raybender that was 2 sockets and i forgot the adds
    44-48 i used a 3 star dharma sword that gave me 200 HP, sold it for 1.3mil later lol
    48-60 i used wheel of fate
    61-70 hh60
    70-80 ashura sign
    80-90 yaksa/wheel of life(i had 2 weapons)
    90-92 hh90 glaive
    92-99 aquadash
    99 hh99 gold sword
    100+ working on doom of flowers now.

scaredevil is terribad. Not only can you not nirvana it when you choose to achieve an endgame weapon but you dont get the HP you get from IHRS which is valuable when you are trying to squeeze extra HP out of your gear or you dont get the raw damage of neon purgatory or the -chan from the 99 glaive if thats what you so choose.

EDIT: i should also add the tt99 gold sword is cheap to make 15mil and i havent regret having it yet.

EDIT2: and if you get wraith conq for the HP, just pay the friggen 20mil for sensoid emptiness. Better HP mods and you get more channeling and a higher grade refine. Also a better resell rate.

Hence why my post was for people on a budget. Not everybody can afford 20mil for a weapon. And what part of Scaredevil is not an end game weapon? Many wizards use it as end game and they do just fine without Nirvana. The weapons I listed were cheap weapons to get for anybody who might be on a budget.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Hence why my post was for people on a budget. Not everybody can afford 20mil for a weapon. And what part of Scaredevil is not an end game weapon? Many wizards use it as end game and they do just fine without Nirvana. The weapons I listed were cheap weapons to get for anybody who might be on a budget.

hh99 gold sword > scaredevil

i made mine for 15mil and i started with nothing

it has more crit, more HP lacks a slight bit of damage but makes up for it with the fact you can make it into nirvana. b:bye

I stopped cash shopping around level 83 after the release of anni packs.

If you really want something you will take the time to work for it.
    edited August 2010
    What part of being on a budget did you not understand? 15mil is a lot of money for some people. The weapon is good, yes, but for some people it is a lot of money to spend. Look up the word 'budget' on wikipedia then come back.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    What part of being on a budget did you not understand? 15mil is a lot of money for some people. The weapon is good, yes, but for some people it is a lot of money to spend. Look up the word 'budget' on wikipedia then come back.

15mil is a lot? Maybe when i first started playing lol ya.

15mil is cheap for an endgame weapon and i said 15mil because i bought EVERYTHING

i bought the 2 gold mats and illusion springs
    and i bought an ashura sign, the mats to make it yaksa and the mats to make it innocent reverie all for 15mil.

And i did this when illusion springs were still pretty expensive on the server(i think the last 5 i bought i got for 100k.

Also it wasnt 15mil up front it was over a month

once again,
    when it comes to endgame and you are a wizard you cant budget. You need the really good stuff. I havent seen a scaredevil in forever and there is a reason why. By the time you made scaredevil, you couldve just made the 99 gold sword.

• /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    TT99 gold sword IS for people on budget.

Mizuoni posted quite good path, here's the one I used:

1-42: quest rewards/supply stash, then 2* or 3* weapons
    43-59: Wheel of Fate (was lucky and it dropped on my FB, it's very cheap nowadays though)
    60-69: TT60
    70-79: Sakyamuni's Light (awesome weapon)
    80-89: Glaive of Divinity (got it cheap with 2 sockets and good refine, reselled it later with a profit :P)
    90-now: TT90 glaive
    Next: TT99 gold sword
    Packs World International
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just get rank 9 weapon b:cute
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just get rank 9 weapon b:cute

b:beg Buy it for meh?
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    b:beg Buy it for meh?

Alrighty, uhm, I apologize for not specifying my budget, as that seems to be a deciding factor heres.b:surrender

I'm not a serious cashshopper, but i'm not above putting $10-$20 into the game each month. I can afford to get FCgold weapons if I choose to save for a bit. I had a Broad Land on this character till I realized it sucked for PvP.b:sad

So yeah, thank you for the responses so far.b:pleased

I have a question though. I was looking into Wheel of Fate, and I noticed for a lvl43 weapon it's a tad on the pricier side on this server. 1.5mil for a weapon i'll lvl out of in a week and a half? Is this worth it?

Also, thoughts on the TT70 wand?
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Alrighty, uhm, I apologize for not specifying my budget, as that seems to be a deciding factor heres.b:surrender

I'm not a serious cashshopper, but i'm not above putting $10-$20 into the game each month. I can afford to get FCgold weapons if I choose to save for a bit. I had a Broad Land on this character till I realized it sucked for PvP.b:sad

So yeah, thank you for the responses so far.b:pleased

I have a question though. I was looking into Wheel of Fate, and I noticed for a lvl43 weapon it's a tad on the pricier side on this server. 1.5mil for a weapon i'll lvl out of in a week and a half? Is this worth it?

Also, thoughts on the TT70 wand?

Ok, so you are poor player. So probably your and game weapon will be some TT weapon. Just choose what you have money for. Or use weapon from your cleric character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquagirl - Raging Tide
    Aquagirl - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2010

ROFLMAO ....
    WTF .....Wizard on budget? The weakest class defense wise in PWI and you're planning around a budget? OMG.
    Roll something else, WIZARD IS NOT for people on a budget. You just can't have a decent wizard endgame if you play occasionally and hope to be competitive. Roll a barb, a sin, a veno, whatever else is not a class that's gear/weapon dependent.
    Wizard is the biggest cash/coin sink of them all. You either farm your coins (and then there is no budget, you farm the really good stuff or you're an idiot) or cash shop them.

When you talk about wizards, endgame or not, Budget = fail
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    Tainaker - Harshlands Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    mmm idk i remember hitori hanso back in my days in sanct and it was the best, yest ppl i just used the best 8X wizzie i fought with and against with, he used to own me so bad lol and im talking about back in the days when lvling from 85-90 was actually hard, well not hard but time consuming....and i remember quite well i used to kill wizzies so frigging fast and easy...at least in 1vs1 and if they didnt come out of nowhere...ijs

also i like this thread....isnt the 85 mold the one to get till 95 (if u can afford the lunar w.) or till 99/100? i can also use like 20$ per month in this game so yeah i do have a budget.

p.s. u can flame now.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    hh99 gold sword > scaredevil
    Scaredevil > TT99 Inferno sword. b:bye

More magic attack, less HP but who cares about HP on weapon... with that kinda money you could refine your armor more for extra HP.

The only thing it has is 1% more crit... but it has less magic attack on average, and it does NOT add magic stats. Sorry if I prefer offensive power on a weapon (since it's rarely on armor) than survivability. :P

And to be honest, if you do mind only power on the weapon, for 15 mil you could get scaredevil with better refines/shards than the inferno.

You can turn it into nirvana? How about the bad fact that gold stuff is bound? I wouldn't decompose a weapon I sharded with sapphire gem and refined that is all. b:bye
  • Yreccils - Harshlands
    Yreccils - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010

More magic attack, less HP but who cares about HP on weapon... with that kinda money you could refine your armor more for extra HP.

The only thing it has is 1% more crit... but it has less magic attack on average, and it does NOT add magic stats. Sorry if I prefer offensive power on a weapon (since it's rarely on armor) than survivability. :P

And to be honest, if you do mind only power on the weapon, for 15 mil you could get scaredevil with better refines/shards than the inferno.

You can turn it into nirvana? How about the bad fact that gold stuff is bound? I wouldn't decompose a weapon I sharded with sapphire gem and refined that is all. b:bye

TT99 Inferno > Scaredevil

The HP add is useful even though it's on a weapon. The magic attack difference is basically non-factor and I'd take the crit over it any day.

As for the cash, yes it's endgame and yes you HAVE to sink money into it. The chance to upgrade it to Nirvana is a HUGE plus there. I don't know the last time when I saw some wiz use a Scaredevil.
    edited August 2010
    There is no point in using an end game weapon that has HP stat on it. And since when is Nirvana required to be a good wizard? Right now I'm using Sensoid Emptiness until I hit 99 then I will be using Scaredevil. 1% crit? Hardly worth the money it takes to get the weapon when you can refine and shard a Scaredevil with more attack, Wizard doesn't rely on crit chances to kill sorry to kill your hopes about crit but Archer's and Assassin's need to worry about that.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I FARMED (TT and TT and TT and TT) the green mats of my TT99 sword

only had to buy the 2 gold mats, wich is 3mil coin spend on that weapon in total

for much better results than a scaredevil xd
    since, when youre on a small budget, you have low hp too

its much easier when you already have an archer-char to farm TT with

edit, i rely on crit chances, everytime i launch an ult i want it to crit xD
    have this crit genie skill for 2 extra crit too >.> ~
    i like potato
  • Yreccils - Harshlands
    Yreccils - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Scaredevil is no endgame weapon. Nirvana, Rank8, TT100 is what you should aim for.

About crits, try to kill people that are a factor with your Scaredevil and no crit b:bye
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010

Even Ursa said it. if you wont listen to me, listen to ursa. When you are at endgame, its hard to find more HP especially if you cant afford to spend much. That 245 HP is amazing and i wouldnt trade it for anything else. Also the weapon has amazing offensive stats, 3% crit and +max mag atk which gives it the spike of a glaive and the minimum damage of a mag sword. My hh99 is +4 with 2 perf saphs because i only plan on transfering the 2 sockets and at g15 once i get good stats im gonna farm nirvana and HH for coinb:bye

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=b1274b90fd7f92fc

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a872d89d5238ffc2

why should i get scaredevil?
    Should i lose 1% crit and the chance of obtaining an endgame weapon for 700 more minimum damage?????

HELL NAW BRO
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Even Ursa said it. if you wont listen to me, listen to ursa. When you are at endgame, its hard to find more HP especially if you cant afford to spend much. That 245 HP is amazing and i wouldnt trade it for anything else. Also the weapon has amazing offensive stats, 3% crit and +max mag atk which gives it the spike of a glaive and the minimum damage of a mag sword. My hh99 is +4 with 2 perf saphs because i only plan on transfering the 2 sockets and at g15 once i get good stats im gonna farm nirvana and HH for coinb:bye

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=b1274b90fd7f92fc

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a872d89d5238ffc2

why should i get scaredevil?
    Should i lose 1% crit and the chance of obtaining an endgame weapon for 700 more minimum damage?????

HELL NAW BRO

I would go with inferno for sure.
    I had neon purgatory, which is expensive I know. But it was very good weapon also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Okay, so after taking into account the responces and a bit of research i think i've got something planned out;

43 - 60 Wheel of Fate
    60 - 70 Ancient Arbor
    70 - 80 Sakyaumni's Light or Acalanatha Wand(Not sure here)
    80 - 90 Wheel of Life ]
    90 - 99 Wheel of Denied Fate ]---May use Sensoid Emptyness around here
    99 Fate Denial:Godspeed
    100 Counter Destiny-Nirvana

Hows that?
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Mine kind of went along like this:

1-60: quest rewards/supply stash, then 2* or 3* weapons
    60-69: TT60 Ancient Arbor
    70-79: TT70 Alcanatha Wand
    80-89: TT80 Endless Ambiguity
    90-now: TT90 Wheel of Denied Fate
    99+ will be TT99 Fate Denial Godspeed (already have the mats for it)

I differ a little from some of the other posters here in that I focus a lot on channelling. That's not to say I don't like crit rate, I love it but I hate not having a decent amount of channelling.

I would also state that i'm a PvE player. I believe those who are in it for the PvPing focus more on crit.

The above progression I think is a reasonable progression path cost wise give or take substituting channelling for crit weapons.

For a cheaper budget you could substitute legendary weapons in there like Sakyaumni's Light or Requiem Blade.

For a more expensive one you can look at FC weapons (Aquadash / Sensoid Emptiness) at 85+ and Lunar weapons (Neon Purgatory) @ 95+. Perhaps even Weapon of Sages aka Rank 6 weapon Beamhoof Slicer.

Once you hit 100+, you could look to Nirvana your Lunar or TT weapon.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Okay, so after taking into account the responces and a bit of research i think i've got something planned out;

43 - 60 Wheel of Fate
    60 - 70 Ancient Arbor
    70 - 80 Sakyaumni's Light or Acalanatha Wand(Not sure here)
    80 - 90 Wheel of Life ]
    90 - 99 Wheel of Denied Fate ]---May use Sensoid Emptyness around here
    99 Fate Denial:Godspeed
    100 Counter Destiny-Nirvana

Hows that?

thats a channel route as glaives(especially endgame ones) tend to have more channeling. Alacantha wand is not worth it when you have saky light or ashura sign to use.

And mum is right, neon purgatory would be my second choice of a weapon due to its balanced offensive stats.

but ya, if you plan on stacking channeling then your route is pretty nice.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    thats a channel route as glaives(especially endgame ones) tend to have more channeling. Alacantha wand is not worth it when you have saky light or ashura sign to use.

And mum is right, neon purgatory would be my second choice of a weapon due to its balanced offensive stats.

but ya, if you plan on stacking channeling then your route is pretty nice.

Yeah. I was planning around a channeling gear route. I was under the impression that -chan, like -int is a game breaker. Course I wouldn't know, this being my first caster. Just assuming.

I'm not above going out and pking once in a while though. Would it be a good idea to have 2 weapons at a time, one with -chan and one with+%crit?
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    Alias - Dreamweaver Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yeah. I was planning around a channeling gear route. I was under the impression that -chan, like -int is a game breaker. Course I wouldn't know, this being my first caster. Just assuming.

I'm not above going out and pking once in a while though. Would it be a good idea to have 2 weapons at a time, one with -chan and one with+%crit?
    Why wont you die tep >,.>

OT: Id say stick with one wep and spend the money on other things....personaly while crits are nice i preffer to get three hits in before a bm stuns me.
    Only reason why i havent gone the orna channeling route is because -channeling adds dont come with phys ornas *correct me if im wrong o.o*

Anywhos looking forward to killing you wizzie when hes of age :D
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Why wont you die tep >,.>

OT: Id say stick with one wep and spend the money on other things....personaly while crits are nice i preffer to get three hits in before a bm stuns me.
    Only reason why i havent gone the orna channeling route is because -channeling adds dont come with phys ornas *correct me if im wrong o.o*

Anywhos looking forward to killing you wizzie when hes of age :D

I die a little bit each day Alias, don't you?

Anyhow, thank you for the helps.b:cute

Looking forward to yelling "IMA GET MY MAIN" when you kill me. Then do it. Then kill you. And stuff.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    I die a little bit each day Alias, don't you?

Anyhow, thank you for the helps.b:cute

Looking forward to yelling "IMA GET MY MAIN" when you kill me. Then do it. Then kill you. And stuff.

channeling is nothing like -int. Crit is how you will get your kills as arcane. Endgame gear tends to have -chan on it though unless you are like me and like a bulkier wiz.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    channeling is nothing like -int. Crit is how you will get your kills as arcane. Endgame gear tends to have -chan on it though unless you are like me and like a bulkier wiz.

Could you possibly post your build for me please?b:surrender
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Could you possibly post your build for me please?b:surrender

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=69228e9d44b86df6

i could get more channeling but dont see the point unless i can stack it so i choose more bulkier things(94 pdef x3 sleeves, etc)

This discussion has been closed.