LA or Arcane?

2»

Comments

• Aquagirl - Raging Tide
    Aquagirl - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    isn't 6k HP a little low full buffed when you talk about +5 TT99?
    I have 8k HP full buffed with ~11.5k pdef, nothing more than 3 sockets , mix of Perf/Immac citrines, event gear, etc
    But I guess full TT99 set is still not as good as mixed event+TT90. Which kinda' sucks, since being a set ,and the amount of work that goes into making it should be rewarding.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I have 8k HP full buffed with ~11.5k pdef, nothing more than 3 sockets , mix of Perf/Immac citrines, event gear, etc
    But I guess full TT99 set is still not as good as mixed event+TT90. Which kinda' sucks, since being a set ,and the amount of work that goes into making it should be rewarding.

if i were to go hh99 instead of my hh90 green/gold mix i would lose a ton of pdef and quite a bit of HP. Dont think its worth itb:surrender
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • JediPandaX - Sanctuary
    JediPandaX - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    AA ftw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The Phantom Zone of ultimate MaDdNeSs is A ROOM WTH A MOOSE!
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited September 2010

I'm not thrilled with 6k fully buffed either, but there it is. The set does give good mag att, extra crit, and decent channeling though. So its mixed.
  • _dominated_ - Harshlands
    _dominated_ - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    well I have definitely Loved playing my wizard. And I Keep reading about LA VS AA. Everyone keeps saying at 90+ you can get enough pdef from shards and refines but wouldnt you lack somewhere in the HP Department? Because with LA You could have 15k pdef (again im a nab if this number is super low or way to high) and like 7-8k HP unbuffed with shards and an HP helm? Or does it not matter how much pdef and survivability you have when you have no real control skills?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    well I have definitely Loved playing my wizard. And I Keep reading about LA VS AA. Everyone keeps saying at 90+ you can get enough pdef from shards and refines but wouldnt you lack somewhere in the HP Department? Because with LA You could have 15k pdef (again im a nab if this number is super low or way to high) and like 7-8k HP unbuffed with shards and an HP helm? Or does it not matter how much pdef and survivability you have when you have no real control skills?

LA ends up getting a TINY bit more hp than arcane, but the average resists on LA suck. Survivability wise, pure int and LA come pretty close, if you were to use an arcane vit build, you would have far more survivability than the equivalent LA build. Hp and pdef definitely matters for everything we do, and although we don't have many control skills, the ones we have are awesome. You should also factor in mdef when you are measuring survivability, as its very easy to forget about mdef and then realize at some point that you have way more pdef than mdef.. even as arcane.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • _dominated_ - Harshlands
    _dominated_ - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    LA ends up getting a TINY bit more hp than arcane, but the average resists on LA suck. Survivability wise, pure int and LA come pretty close, if you were to use an arcane vit build, you would have far more survivability than the equivalent LA build. Hp and pdef definitely matters for everything we do, and although we don't have many control skills, the ones we have are awesome. You should also factor in mdef when you are measuring survivability, as its very easy to forget about mdef and then realize at some point that you have way more pdef than mdef.. even as arcane.

But what if you were trying to kill those pesky sins the 7k hp and 15k pdef wouldnt be enough to cast a few skills (genie and player) to kill the sin? Because i am really afraid of those sins at end game.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    But what if you were trying to kill those pesky sins the 7k hp and 15k pdef wouldnt be enough to cast a few skills (genie and player) to kill the sin? Because i am really afraid of those sins at end game.

there is NOTHING you will ever be able to do to even put up a fight against an equally geared sin that knows how to play his/her class. Your only chance is if they make a mistake, but get used to hitting the release corpse button when a sin targets u in a 1v1. 7k hp and 15k pdef wont protect you lol, double that and ull still get owned.
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    there is NOTHING you will ever be able to do to even put up a fight against an equally geared sin that knows how to play his/her class. Your only chance is if they make a mistake, but get used to hitting the release corpse button when a sin targets u in a 1v1. 7k hp and 15k pdef wont protect you lol, double that and ull still get owned.

But if you are a sage wizard, 1v1 is sinful, and good friends are a moral obligation.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    this topic is still alive?
    lol
    I might come back in 2 months to see LA vs AA still alive...b:chuckle

I miss my wizz ... but SC2 is soooooooooo coooool.

PS: Hi Adroit b:kiss

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    fulgida wrote: »
    But if you are a sage wizard, 1v1 is sinful, and good friends are a moral obligation.

How does being sage have anything to do with the wiz v sin debate? You're a moron if you think demon is somehow better than sage for 1v1's.
    this topic is still alive?
    lol
    I might come back in 2 months to see LA vs AA still alive...b:chuckle

I miss my wizz ... but SC2 is soooooooooo coooool.

PS: Hi Adroit b:kiss

Hi Ursa! b:kiss
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    How does being sage have anything to do with the wiz v sin debate? You're a moron if you think demon is somehow better than sage for 1v1's.

Demons are erratic, sages are predictable.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010

b:surrendertrue, you know that somewhere a sage is gonna use a chi skill D:
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2010

the skill of a player determines how predictable/erratic they are, not the cultivation.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Or if you drop a stone rain on them and it procs as demon. b:laugh
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Or if you drop a stone rain on them and it procs as demon. b:laugh

TW

triple spark > cloud eruption > sage BT

your target dies
    sage BT gives you back a spark
    back at 3 sparks
    i <3 that.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    How is that erratic? Or did you try to further strengthen the point that demon = erratic, sage = predictable? :P

You don't expect the stun to proc as demon, it was just a simple example.

And how the hell do you manage to triple spark in TW without getting stunned or have them run away is beyond me.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    How is that erratic? Or did you try to further strengthen the point that demon = erratic, sage = predictable? :P

You don't expect the stun to proc as demon, it was just a simple example.

And how the hell do you manage to triple spark in TW without getting stunned or have them run away is beyond me.

it was to prove nothing
    it was just a funny story
    cause i was like
    OH **** I WASTED 3 SPARKS

and i tend to hide and pew pew in TW a lot
This discussion has been closed.