Should archers be able to see sins or use daggers??

Geckofreak - Sanctuary
Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
i think to balance it out, archers should recieve a skill that raises their awareness level so they can see sins up to their lv. this will balance out pvp between archers and sins, where sins are always dominant,

im tired of getting easily killed by sins 20 lv below me...

also to balance things out even more, i think archers should be able to use daggers too. Sins are able to use bows so archers should be able to use daggers

im sorry if this has already been posted
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Geckofreak - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Archer rules TW while Sin sucks in it. If you are getting killed by 7X Sins, you don't have the correct genie.

Bow? I want sling shots.

b:bye
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i think to balance it out, archers should recieve a skill that raises their awareness level so they can see sins up to their lv. this will balance out pvp between archers and sins, where sins are always dominant,

also to balance things out even more, i think archers should be able to use daggers too. Sins are able to use bows so archers should be able to use daggers

you get killed by eveyone anywaysb:chuckle

and stealth pots give 30 awareness levels now go make some neffy freinds
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If you want to fight in close range in TW then maybe you want to think about rerolling
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    you get killed by eveyone anywaysb:chuckle

and stealth pots give 30 awareness levels now go make some neffy freinds

Josh you so mean to her lol.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010

You really should put this in the Suggestion Box, because people already see enough Archers not owning like they used to in the old fashioned PW.

I think it would be more fair to the sin if the sin at least always misses their first couple attacks on archers.
  • PinkSuccubuS - Lost City
    PinkSuccubuS - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i dobt it will happen i myself am considering going Heavy from now on gank from stealt sin just made me wana go heavy so was wondering if any heavy cleric or whatever can give me advice getting gold soon or zen.

dobt it will help me from ganks of sin but at least a start i think.

pure is nice but when u get 1 shooted from a stealted sin gets u 2 consider ather options

b:thanks plz help me
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i dobt it will happen i myself am considering going Heavy from now on gank from stealt sin just made me wana go heavy so was wondering if any heavy cleric or whatever can give me advice getting gold soon or zen.

pure is nice but when u get 1 shooted from a stealted sin gets u 2 consider ather options

No.

No..

No...

100000x no.

Cleric + HA = bad.

You might not get 1-shot, but you won't ever be able to kill them back. So what's the point?

And you would end up healing like a level 4x cleric. Good luck finding squads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Archer rules TW while Sin sucks in it. If you are getting killed by 7X Sins, you don't have the correct genie.

Bow? I want sling shots.

b:bye

TW doesn't exists anymore, so that point is invalid.

Being a god TW class is about as useful as having a Herc in 3-1 b:chuckle

Anyway can just make a sin on same account as the archer and get to use daggers, not like its costly or time consuming to get 100 anymore with almost free hypers b:embarrass.
  • Aquagirl - Raging Tide
    Aquagirl - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2010

please explain me what possible use you could have for Absolute Domain/Expel/Plume Shell/Sleep/Freeze and IH? ... you know, I'm just asking, since you're planning to go HA because some phys class hits you quite hard...
  • runephoenix
    runephoenix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    yes well i would like there to daggers usable but thats the assains class and it would be the same thing for other class's to.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    TW doesn't exists anymore, so that point is invalid.

Being a god TW class is about as useful as having a Herc in 3-1 b:chuckle

IDk about LC (briefly read Michael_Dark's TW stats thread), but there are still TWs on HL. Even though we are loosing lands atm (getting destroyed by Zulu's archers), a lot of us are still fighting. No TW pay sucks, but there will always be players who TW even without the pay.
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    for me the only part that realy sucks when fighting sins is that if they dont kill me, they go back to stealth, there is nothing i can do about that

Ex: sin come out of stealth and stun me, i use AD and dont die, sin go back to stealth before stun is casted

i think sins shouldnt be able to force stealth that fast, maybe make a longer chan?
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Male archers look stupid enough without the emo looking battle stance sins have.

No daggers for you.
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    TW seems entirely unchanged on sanctuary

Q.Q the expense of a single gold charm a week will murder the top factions wallets oh so much

less butthurt more facestabing nobbody cares

and again stealth pots have been changed to give 30 detection levels now so unless they have sage/demon SE

pot>3 spark>kill the fish
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Male archers look stupid enough without the emo looking battle stance sins have.

No daggers for you.

"Like"

too bad there is no like button on here like on facebook.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Cleric + HA = bad.

End-game heavy cleric works. You have to have the gear though. Amazing gear.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • SaintToadElf - Archosaur
    SaintToadElf - Archosaur Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I thought archers used fists for melee?
    edited August 2010
    I thought archers used fists for melee?

Yes but to use EG fists/claws you need 40+ extra points in str. But with dagger, you don't need any, as sins and archers use the same build. Hence why sins can use bows their own level.
  • Voski - Lost City
    Voski - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i think it would make archers too capable in close range if they could use daggers along with any other class so i think the class requirement is good, I do however believe that awareness/detection level should be determined by dex in some way; just my opinion
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yes but to use EG fists/claws you need 40+ extra points in str. But with dagger, you don't need any, as sins and archers use the same build. Hence why sins can use bows their own level.

Actually, you don't.
    Energetic Robe: Lunar Glade
    Love:Up and Down
    Lionheart Belt
    2x Ring from Heaven's Jail
    Warsoul of Earth
    Level 100:
    Total STR: 104 + 7 + 13 + 8 + 14 + 6 = 152

Deicide requires 146.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Actually, you don't.
    Energetic Robe: Lunar Glade
    Love:Up and Down
    Lionheart Belt
    2x Ring from Heaven's Jail
    Warsoul of Earth
    Level 100:
    Total STR: 104 + 7 + 13 + 8 + 14 + 6 = 152

Deicide requires 146.

Oh snap. You just got mathed.
    edited August 2010
    And if you weren't a fist Archer you would restat those points into dex wouldn't you?
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Switching over to HA.

I personally believe a class of whatever should stick to what's best for whatever they are made for.

If you don't get it think of it like this;

Sins are meant to kill any LA and AA user. In TW, their orders are usually to kill any clerics in the air, or ground. They aren't meant to kill HA, but they can if they want to, depending on how you play it.

A Cleric's main role is to heal usually in TW and res everyone. If you want to kill, roll a wizard, you can have the fun of One-Shotting almost anyone with a Gush. I've seen it, and since you are from LC, I wouldn't doubt seeing a wizard with a +12 Nirvana weapon one shotting everyone they see.

If you really want to see it happen, visit me in Archo, and I'll use Physical Marrow on a wizard cause I'm stupid and let them extreme poison me while using Black Ice Dragon. GG.

Blademasters, er, I'm still learning it b:chuckle I'm only good in TW for Stuns. b:cry
    Besides, I get two/even one shotted in TW when I'm in the middle of the party. Makes me want to reroll back to RT and play an Archer or something instead.
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    And if you weren't a fist Archer you would restat those points into dex wouldn't you?

Not quite, unless you plan to never change that gear.

For example, some could prefer to use Sign of Frost:Chaos or Seal of Eternal Solitude in certain situations.

And besides, it's a fact that high-APS fists out-do arrows in DPS. So yeah, if you can get it, there really is no reason not to. And the actual difference in bow damage is small, as can be observed when comparing this and this. The latter has 21003.319 DPS whereas the former has 19911.639. That's a difference of 1091.68 damage, or 5.5% more DPS.

And btw, when the non-restatted build equips +12 Deicides, their DPS goes to 89090.625, which is about 324.2% more DPS.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
    edited August 2010
    Blademasters, er, I'm still learning it b:chuckle I'm only good in TW for Stuns. b:cry
    Besides, I get two/even one shotted in TW when I'm in the middle of the party. Makes me want to reroll back to RT and play an Archer or something instead.

Wait.... just to clarify, you hate getting 1/2 shot, so you're going to roll an archer? b:shocked
  • Qqarrowqq - Lost City
    Qqarrowqq - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I hate how overpowered stealth is, I am always getting instant death like out of no where b:cry
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    I hate how overpowered stealth is, I am always getting instant death like out of no where b:cry

Get used to that.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I do however believe that awareness/detection level should be determined by dex in some way; just my opinion

Thats what ii meant to saay at the start, since archers have high dex they should have awarness lv based off of dex so they can see sins their lv or lower, also since sins get a weapon with + 38 dex (fcc gold daggers) which is the most common used sin wep, archers should get a skill to boost awareness lv up too. on the downside,this skill should have a long cooldown so archers cant constantly scan for sins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tactica - Lost City
    Tactica - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    And of all the possible classes, you think archers have the biggest disadvantage against assassins, and therefore deserve some kind of tactical advantage, or something to 'balance' things?

Wake-up call, archers might get the short end of the stick with light armour at times, but compare that to robes.

You're posting as an archer, complaining that of all classes, archers are disadvantaged when fighting sins.

That just shouts biased opinion to me.

Sins will always have the advantage of invisibility, that is probably one of the most versatile aspects of the class, the element of surprise.

The fact you can prepare all sorts of combinations or damage amps before a fight, you get to choose your fights, most of the time.

Basically, there's no real reason that archers deserve any advantage based off dex, or anything else against assassins.

As for archers using daggers, well, firstly, why?

So you don't need the same strength to wear as fists? Archers are, and were intentionally meant to be a RANGED class. I'm not arguing that interval and melee weapons doesn't give a lot more DPS, i'm only pointing out facts. It's an archer, think archery.

Daggers, artifacts, slingshots and crossbows are all class-specific. Why should that change? What sudden reason is there for archers to be able to become a melee class, in other words, how can you justify it, and more to the point, you have almost no skills available to use with said weapons for a reason.

It's not designed to be so. You might be able to do things your class wasn't meant to, given the right means, or money, but it wasn't 'meant' to do that. You're just making it do it.

Anyway, I went off on a few tangents, trying to stay on the points; No, we don't need daggers, if you want interval or a melee weapon, add some strength. And on the other point, archers don't exactly need, nor can you justify them having an advantage that no other class has, your opinion is biased by your (limited?) experienced, playing one class, and comparing one aspect of the game, in terms of PvP.
    ~ A little less flame, a little more spark, a little less light, a little more dark. ~
  • Rubix - Harshlands
    Rubix - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Sins can pop out of stealth, demon spark, and kill me, so I demand that barbs be changed so 1 point of vit=50 HP.
    I have nothing to say.