Question about rank armor and high lvl's

Options
Xarathox - Dreamweaver
Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Assassin
What's with all these 10x sin's wearing TT99/nirvana gear, but still wearing the ****ty lvl 70 rank chest piece?

Seriously, the extra -0.05 interval isn't that awesome as to nerf your own defences, and get yourself killed right after stealing aggro on a hard hitting boss. So what's the point of it?
Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
Post edited by Xarathox - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Lovecraft - Lost City
    Lovecraft - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't notice enough of a difference to care that much, nor am I stupid enough to pull aggro and die. All I care about are those extra few hits I can get in in pvp.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The extra hits and the extra heal due to BP make it worth it.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Xarathox, you're joking right? Do you know what the difference is between hitting 4 times a second and 5? .05 interval
  • Lovecraft - Lost City
    Lovecraft - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ^ also this. Restat into a fist barb and see for yourself.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes, I do know the difference bwtween 4.0 and 5.0 aps.

Re-read the question and then answer me WHY they'd want to gimp their own defences with a low level item, when they can just get TT99 evasion necklace/belt and chest piece to gain that -0.05 back.

If you have the money to get 99/nirvana boots/sleeves/legs/weapon, then why not get the rest of it. -.-

Also, the extra littel bit of -int. means nothing if you demon spark all the time, as there's no possible way to go above 5 aps anyways.

Either way they die
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Re-read the question and then answer me WHY they'd want to gimp their own defences with a low level item, when they can just get TT99 evasion necklace/belt and chest piece to gain that -0.05 back.

No they can't. Any Sins and Archers should already be using 2 pieces of Ashura's, most likely boots and wrists, not to mention 2 pieces of Lionheart, being necklace and belt. So no -0.05 intervals from there.

And btw, once you start permasparking, that little loss in defense won't mean anything at all.

And really, it could just be that it's the price. When you've already gotten TT99 ornaments, TT99 wrists and boots and a Lunar Cape, any more -interval will cost you at least 100,000,000 coins. That is, except the Rank 4 armor.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No they can't. Any Sins and Archers should already be using 2 pieces of Ashura's, most likely boots and wrists, not to mention 2 pieces of Lionheart, being necklace and belt. So no -0.05 intervals from there.

And btw, once you start permasparking, that little loss in defense won't mean anything at all.

And really, it could just be that it's the price. When you've already gotten TT99 ornaments, TT99 wrists and boots and a Lunar Cape, any more -interval will cost you at least 100,000,000 coins. That is, except the Rank 4 armor.

Some do, but I see a lot of warsong belts/cube necklaces these days, so idk...

On a side note: using the PW Calculator, the highest aps I could get a sin up to was 2.86 aps. That's with TT99 sleeves/boots, Nirvana leggings/daggers and the rank 4 chest, lunar cape and love up and down tome. I wonder if it's broken...

Either way they die
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Some do, but I see a lot of warsong belts/cube necklaces these days, so idk...

Yeah, some regard that it's better that way. But then again, those people aren't going for 5 APS.
    On a side note: using the PW Calculator, the highest aps I could get a sin up to was 2.86 aps. That's with TT99 sleeves/boots, Nirvana leggings/daggers and the rank 4 chest, lunar cape and love up and down tome. I wonder if it's broken...

No, that is exactly correct.

The last 0.05 APS would have to come from the TT99 Lionheart Ornaments.

Also note that none of the sparks work correctly for Assassins or Psychics.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah, some regard that it's better that way. But then again, those people aren't going for 5 APS.

No, that is exactly correct.

The last 0.05 APS would have to come from the TT99 Lionheart Ornaments.

Also note that none of the sparks work correctly for Assassins or Psychics.

Yeah I saw that with the demon spark, so I know that's broken (only adds mag attack for sins).

Either way they die
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Plus, switching to evasion ornaments kill your defense more than the rank armor does (especially once you start to refine).

For PvE, though, as long as you don't take aggro then your armor doesn't matter much. Plus, if you do take aggro, the little bit of defensive difference between the r4 top and the higher level ones won't really keep you alive much longer.

In terms of PvP... well... Sins have several survivability boosts that have nothing to do with their armor. That combined with the fact that you should always get the first hit in as one makes it so you have a bit more flexibility with what you can wear even if you can't afford more of the better gears at the time. (IE: rank 6 which is 96mil away from Rank 4 assuming you can buy tokens for their NPC price of 10k each
  • KAPPOW - Dreamweaver
    KAPPOW - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    more interval = more pwnage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You being a Barb, I understand your confusion (Forgive me if you have other DD alts, but your profile doesn't show any). As a class who's focus is on survival, this surly doesn't make sense to you. It probably appears to you the same way Barbs who shard citrines on their weapon appears to me.

What you have to understand is that out of all the interval gears, the rank 4 plate is one of the few cheaper ones. To give up that plate, it would cost much much more to make up with other interval gears. While having that plate make us weak against bosses, it actually helps PvE. The faster we hit, the faster we heal from Bloodpaint. If we aggro on a boss that kills us when we have rank 4 plate on, TT90 wouldn't make too much of a difference.

There's also the PvP aspects that people have mentioned.
  • NightHavoc - Heavens Tear
    NightHavoc - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You being a Barb, I understand your confusion (Forgive me if you have other DD alts, but your profile doesn't show any). As a class who's focus is on survival, this surly doesn't make sense to you. It probably appears to you the same way Barbs who shard citrines on their weapon appears to me.

What you have to understand is that out of all the interval gears, the rank 4 plate is one of the few cheaper ones. To give up that plate, it would cost much much more to make up with other interval gears. While having that plate make us weak against bosses, it actually helps PvE. The faster we hit, the faster we heal from Bloodpaint. If we aggro on a boss that kills us when we have rank 4 plate on, TT90 wouldn't make too much of a difference.

There's also the PvP aspects that people have mentioned.
    CHEAP!
    5k Rep
    At the 90s yeah at the 60 with barely 1.5~2k rep
    U will waste 100k on each warith officer Badge
    25x40 for each 1 k rep
    Doesn't look that Cheap to me b:byeb:bye
  • hothakalasha
    hothakalasha Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Can add now since last update tt90 chest is kinda expensive... (up to 3 mil for gba on my server)
    edited August 2010
    Options
    more Interval = More Pwnage.

That Is It!
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    CHEAP!
    5k Rep
    At the 90s yeah at the 60 with barely 1.5~2k rep
    U will waste 100k on each warith officer Badge
    25x40 for each 1 k rep
    Doesn't look that Cheap to me b:byeb:bye
    out of all the interval gears, the rank 4 plate is one of the few cheaper ones.

Would you rather get the cape at 90 for 35 mil then? b:bye The cheapest coins/0.05 interval would be Blood Moon bracers then rank 4 top. No one said intervals are cheap, rank 4 top is just relatively cheaper than your other options.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Would you rather get the cape at 90 for 35 mil then? b:bye The cheapest coins/0.05 interval would be Blood Moon bracers then rank 4 top. No one said intervals are cheap, rank 4 top is just relatively cheaper than your other options.

Bracers of Blood Moon is around 20million..
  • hothakalasha
    hothakalasha Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Some dumb ppl sells for very low prices^^

Ive sold mine for 20 mil and bought another one next day for 6mil :D
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Some dumb ppl sells for very low prices^^

Ive sold mine for 20 mil and bought another one next day for 6mil :D
    And I was starting to think That Buying Solemn Feathers for 500k and finding the Geek to sell for 2million was Sneaky ..lol
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options

They only take around 8 mil to make. Even at 20 mil that's 10 mil per 0.05 which is a lot cheaper than others that's not rank 4 top.
  • Kyrael - Dreamweaver
    Kyrael - Dreamweaver Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    More interval=more heals from Bloodpaint.
    Yeah, the added defense from higher level armor would be nice, but most sins don't consider themselves primary tanks, especially when they don't have full -int gear. So, as long as we don't steal aggro on bosses, the extra damage we'll deal will just help us do our DDing jobs faster.

As for the Bracers of Blood Moon, I got mine for 11 mil with +3 and three flawless garnets and am loving them, especially when I hit near 2 APS with Relentless Courage on. Next goal for me is the rank 4 top, which I hate is more expensive, since it's only -.05 int compared to the bracers' -.1... Still, higher attack speed ftw. It may not seem like much numbers-wise, but every bit makes a difference.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    More interval=more heals from Bloodpaint.
    Yeah, the added defense from higher level armor would be nice, but most sins don't consider themselves primary tanks, especially when they don't have full -int gear. So, as long as we don't steal aggro on bosses, the extra damage we'll deal will just help us do our DDing jobs faster.

As for the Bracers of Blood Moon, I got mine for 11 mil with +3 and three flawless garnets and am loving them, especially when I hit near 2 APS with Relentless Courage on. Next goal for me is the rank 4 top, which I hate is more expensive, since it's only -.05 int compared to the bracers' -.1... Still, higher attack speed ftw. It may not seem like much numbers-wise, but every bit makes a difference.

here is a nice question
    how the hell a non Cash Shopping Player get those bracers at 60 ..
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    here is a nice question

An alt?

I'll be using Bracers of Blood Moon as soon as my sin gets 60. The reason for that is because my main is a 92 Archer. And I've never cash shopped.

Oh, and mine will be +3 with 4 Flawlesses, which I made myself.

edited August 2010
    Options
    An alt?

I'll be using Bracers of Blood Moon as soon as my sin gets 60. The reason for that is because my main is a 92 Archer. And I've never cash shopped.

Oh, and mine will be +3 with 4 Flawlesses, which I made myself.

Okay then Enjoy..
    Really what should I say..
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Okay then Enjoy..
    Really what should I say..

Yeah, coupled with the Sharpen proc on TT60, I predict lots of QQ from barbs in BH51.

edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah, coupled with the Sharpen proc on TT60, I predict lots of QQ from barbs in BH51.

b:chuckleb:chuckle
    Never thought Being QQed is that fun lol :D
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    here is a nice question
    Merchant? IDK, for a non CS player that can't even afford Blood Moon, you seems to be pretty convinced of the HA build that requires 5 APS unsparked.

I'm non-CS, with no higher main on Harshlands, and I got my wifey's bracers before she reached 60.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Merchant? IDK, for a non CS player that can't even afford Blood Moon, you seems to be pretty convinced of the HA build that requires 5 APS unsparked.

I'm non-CS, with no higher main on Harshlands, and I got my wifey's bracers before she reached 60.

Actually I'll Restate to HA at 90 lol
    b:cryb:cry
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I got mine for somewhere between 5 and 6 mil buying dragon orders. Had the mats all farmed beforehand and the bloods were waiting in my inventory. Used a few of my celestone fragments and got them to +4 without any dragon orbs. Got 4 flawless citrines cheap (around 120k each). Need a few more socket stones to get the 4th socket in them but for all that the cost shouldn't be over 8 mil total.

May I ask where you're getting 20 mil from?
    here is a nice question

Don't waste coins on useless items and check the auction hall for cheap dragon orders. Don't even need to merchant much (if at all). By level 56 I had the mold sitting in my bank with the mats and after my FB59 I had all the blood I needed as well. At 60 I made them, sharded them, and refined them.

My cashshopping on HL is limited to 10 gold I spent on dyes for some fashion I already had. My highest level character on HL before I made my sin was a 4x archer with 300k coins on her which I deleted before I remembered to get her coins.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Kyrael - Dreamweaver
    Kyrael - Dreamweaver Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    here is a nice question

It's very possible if you don't waste your coins. Grind mobs istead of just doing BH, don't spend coins on crazy stone, etc.
    I didn't get mine till 70, but that's because I didn't really decide to go for them till 65, and then decided to stay at 70 until I got them. My genie loved me for that. Then I spent hours a day grinding, merchanting, etc., and I bought up Dragon Orders. (Eventually someone sold +3 bracers with 3 flawless garnets in them in the AH, though, so I sold the orders I had and picked them up right quick.)

It's quite possible to get them. Rank 4's gonna be harder, but I'll live. It's all relatively achievable, just takes time and effort. Hopefully when I outgrow them I can sell my bracers for at least as much as I payed, or send them to an alt/factionmate. <3