Community starting to break?

2»

Comments

• Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    what Aelric said was somewhat true aswell, the best feature is definatly Forest Ruins, and it always was even before the devs closed it down and re-did it all, problem is, it looks to me like PWE and the Devs at once are just walking all over us, you say they have added some good features, ill name the ones i no, Forest Ruins, Celes Tiger event, item link in the chat window...thats all i can think of, then theres the second kicker, the celes tiger event and forest ruins both run in the week day and in the middle of the night for europeons, why cant they run twice a day with a 1 entry per day limit like the horse race?

thanks for taking care of the community.

yeah i forgot the ridic times. and the failure to make any guides for the events also. dont expect the community to do EVERYTHING. even though this is a beast community that is getting screwed over
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Hey frankie, how about this?
    we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will.

-Kantorek
    Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely.

Tell me again how this recent addition of indefinite packs helps fight against inflation? You're telling us to make personal sacrifices to aid a grander cause, but you go and squander that to make personal profit.

We're taking the hit for the TW pay. You're telling us it's going to help us in the long run by fighting inflation. Not a week has past, and you put in packs indefinitely, driving up gold prices. Not only did we take the hit AGAIN, but we're being pushed down, pissed on, and having that **** smeared all over, and then being flipped off at the end.

Tell me again how this makes ANY sense.

By the way, am I going to get any response to this? Probably not eh? After 190 pages on the discussion thread, a personal PM and multiple threads, there still hasn't been a SINGLE GM response to any of these questions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • C/LLlE - Heavens Tear
    C/LLlE - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ...By the way, am I going to get any response to this?

Likely not an honest one.
    Personally, I'm curious to see who PWE feeds to the wolves when Frankie finally gets fed up dealing with a community practically foaming at the mouth over the decisions of a few Suits.
    Wrap me in a bolt of lighting,
    Send me on my way still smiling;
    Maybe that's the way I should go,
    Right into the mouth of the unknown...
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    at least in the midst of all this i, like many others, found inspiration to make signatures b:chuckle
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Personally, I'm curious to see who PWE feeds to the wolves when Frankie finally gets fed up dealing with a community practically foaming at the mouth over the decisions of a few Suits.

LOL we have gone through sooo many GMs. Frankie will fall too. Just like Spoons and all the ones before him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • C/LLlE - Heavens Tear
    C/LLlE - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I didn't mean to imply we would somehow "drive him out." Just that if I were in Frankie's shoes about now...
    headdesk-500x400.jpg

I don't think any amount of pay is worth dealing with the hypocracy the position of CM forces you into, nor the fallout it causes from an increasingly irate player base.
    Wrap me in a bolt of lighting,
    Send me on my way still smiling;
    Maybe that's the way I should go,
    Right into the mouth of the unknown...
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yeah there will be no real response to this . You have to realize that Frankie is really a company man. The forums once a long time ago was a place for community involvement and feedback . As it is now its just the customer complaint section of the site . Frankie comes in.... sees all the forums/stickies clamoring for his attention and those of the other staff, gives his non response response and leaves. This has been happening for months and will continue to happen. He's a smart guy , he knows whats going on. He can see the stickies and this post and others but he stays silent and ignores most . I suspect the leash is tight . What we need is a GM who maybe just doesnt care about being the company man and toeing the line with base responses and look at the bright side posts. Will this ever happen tho .. Nope ..
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    I give props to the GMs for being able to tell such blatant lies. I would have quit if I was in their position.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Hmm... IMG code has been turned off....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    Pyrya - Archosaur Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I feel bad for Frankie, in all seriousness. He has to put up with a lot of **** cause of what his higher ups do. I do have to say I'm a disappointed though. I thought maybe for once i could get an honest unbiased opinion but i guess that's too much to ask for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Major changes have occurred, and I realize that many of you are against the changes, but the honest truth is that we need more than 7 days before we can conclude that the changes "don't work".

The Devs introduced the Nien Event, the Celestial Tiger Event, and the Forest Ruins event, all of which award great prizes, and have received a lot of good reviews right here on the forums.

zomfgchat.gifVILKASS: Oh yes.. the events were awsome... When I asked most of the ppl I play with how it went I got responses of - "was too late for; was sleeping; too late; jungle ruins too late & I read on forums it last long so not bothering with it" - I have yet to find a single person on my flist that done Forest. Yeah it's only a smal selected few.... but meh...

The Nein was nice with 2 times, now not bothering with anymore events...

We're taking the hit for the TW pay. You're telling us it's going to help us in the long run by fighting inflation. Not a week has past, and you put in packs indefinitely, driving up gold prices.

zomfgchat.gifVILKASS: Well they removed the other 3 packs, Gold prices here dropped a bit... lol...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    They have also removed some bad ones (a reminder, once again, that packs were banned from PW-CN).

When exactly did this happen? I just learned this today. (slow person, I know) This is relevant to my interests.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Starting to break? I'd say the community has reached its breaking point for sure. How the heck are they going to bring the gold prices down if they keep adding the very SOURCE of the high gold prices to the cash shop?

Things went bad ever since the first packs were added, and I saw it coming. Maybe I should have stayed gone when I left this game the first time.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    VILKASS: Well they removed the other 3 packs, Gold prices here dropped a bit... lol...

Lol, maybe this is where they come in and say "HAI GAIZ, GOLD PRICE DROPZ, SUCCESSFUL PLAN IS SUCCESSFUL".

Yeah, not buying any of that **** b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Hmm... IMG code has been turned off....

Haha oh wow.

And I was about to post my new image.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    LAWL. Nice one Nowitsawn b:victory

By the way I hope you don't mind me using your sig, it's too pro :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Nein Event and Forrest Ruins .. this stuff was in game code for a very long time before being made active. I seem to remember Nein from when the game opened .. not really a whole lot of new development going on. My theory on this game being the cash cow for other games developements seem to be shaping up.