Community starting to break?

Options
Pyrya - Archosaur
Pyrya - Archosaur Posts: 81 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Over the past few weeks I've noticed a lot of changing going on. A lot of the members of the community have been raging where there never was raging before. Siggys, videos, pictures, gifs of all sort are starting to show up insulting PWE. Is it the community's fault? I say no, it's simply because they're not being heard. With the TW changes we knew and you knew this wouldn't work, but not one GM would admit it. I understand your not in charge of the game, and i also understand you have to do what the devs say. What i'm asking is that you simply say "Look at what you've done". This kind of "devs know best" behavior is killing a once great community. The whole reason i decided to play this game is because i loved the forum community. This was a year ago, now look at it. If i saw what i see now a year ago i would have never bothered. The community's starting to break, and it won't be long until the devs cause the game to break. What's next, are we gonna see half exp from quest? I mean then people would HAVE to buy hypers, easy money making. Are they going to double the amount of hypers needed for FC? Sounds like one of those things they'd do. All we want to know is if the GMs are on our side with this. The devs can't see the game breaking but you can.

Yeah i know this will be locked, but they have to read it before they lock it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Pyrya - Archosaur on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well I'm not complaining, I've been having more fun on these forums than I've ever had in the game itself lately b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well I'm not complaining, I've been having more fun on these forums than I've ever had in the game itself lately b:chuckle

Yup forum are way more fun than the game anymore.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Reminds me of when packs were first introduced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • lolumadsir
    lolumadsir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This game died with anni packs and FC..every1 who played it be4 knows that.
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well imagine seeing the hate from the outside not knowing the situation. How would you feel then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Jerks just got rid of my thread... I was up to 6 pages too! b:cry
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    im keeping on these forums more then i do and off the game more then i was, put simply, my sig says it all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Whatever happens, do not have regrets. (says the one that does not look/care anymore at what could ever happens, even if some parts could get painful)
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Jerks just got rid of my thread... I was up to 6 pages too! b:cry

Cause PW says the players can't handle the truth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It feels like the community is breaking apart. At this current trend, these forums can rage into chaos, something even the mods and GMs can't manage.

I see a forum shutdown if this ever happens....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    just more and more fail by PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It feels like the community is breaking apart. At this current trend, these forums can rage into chaos, something even the mods and GMs can't manage.

I see a forum shutdown if this ever happens....

cant w8 b:victory

and its sad cuz i was looking forward to forsaken world... but now with whats happening here... FW will just be ruined too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Cause PW says the players can't handle the truth.

It's PWI that can't handle it, the players know the truth already. PWI is dying and packs are a sad attempt at money. PWI has been dying since they first came out, they don't seem to realize packs do nothing but hurt the game. And now they've removed TW, may as well have tossed the game into a fire.

Anything that even hints at a challange or negativeness towards PWI or the company gets deleted/moved/locked because they can't handle criticism. Idiots -.-
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    well nothing more can be expected then forum rages more then often, PWI is slaping us in the face with EVERY patch they have released, each patch/expansion has slowly killed the game.

lets see, the release of tideborn,hypers,FC,BH,Oracles,Packs,killing TW money.

there the main ones, PWE dont care for there players, aslong as the gamblers are playing and dumping thousands of pounds into this stupid game, thats all they care for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Kephras just got banned... what is the world comming to?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The forums got used to one Community Manager that was visible and even though could not do much, at least acknowledged and had some empathy to those attempting to express their frustration.

As of right now the breakdown is more in, what seems to be, a lack of interaction...this is from both the GM's and the Mod's.

Sad really...those of us who have been around has seen this happen before...
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Kephras is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. I never remember the dude being like this before, something PW did must have set him off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • C/LLlE - Heavens Tear
    C/LLlE - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well, why should PWE care? We here on the forums are the vocal minority. The people still in-game spending money and charging Zen are all they care about, and it's been that way for well over a year (it only became more apparent with the release of anniversary packs).

Unfortunately, the only way they'll actually sit up and take notice is when people stop charging zen, and unless you know a way to convince whole servers to go with that, I somehow don't see it happening.
    Wrap me in a bolt of lighting,
    Send me on my way still smiling;
    Maybe that's the way I should go,
    Right into the mouth of the unknown...
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well, why should PWE care? We here on the forums are the vocal minority. The people still in-game spending money and charging Zen are all they care about, and it's been that way for well over a year (it only became more apparent with the release of anniversary packs).

Unfortunately, the only way they'll actually sit up and take notice is when people stop charging zen, and unless you know a way to convince whole servers to go with that, I somehow don't see it happening.

Well they took a step in that direction with the TW changes. 3/4 of my FL on arch server quit, now I'm practically alone, it sucks. All my old friends are gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Maybe they will notice that is is blowing up in their faces?

GM: HEY GUYS! We have noticed SOME concern on the forums about the recent updates and additions to the game, so... We are having a .01% bonus ZEN sale!! AND we will be releasing every pack that has ever been made to the cash shop for 2 years only!!! So ZOMGZORDS HURRIES!!! BUY BUY BUY BUY!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    With the TW changes we knew and you knew this wouldn't work, but not one GM would admit it.

Major changes have occurred, and I realize that many of you are against the changes, but the honest truth is that we need more than 7 days before we can conclude that the changes "don't work".
    What's next, are we gonna see half exp from quest? I mean then people would HAVE to buy hypers, easy money making. Are they going to double the amount of hypers needed for FC? Sounds like one of those things they'd do. All we want to know is if the GMs are on our side with this. The devs can't see the game breaking but you can.

The Devs introduced the Nien Event, the Celestial Tiger Event, and the Forest Ruins event, all of which award great prizes, and have received a lot of good reviews right here on the forums.
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Major changes have occurred, and I realize that many of you are against the changes, but the honest truth is that we need more than 7 days before we can conclude that the changes "don't work".

The Devs introduced the Nien Event, the Celestial Tiger Event, and the Forest Ruins event, all of which award great prizes, and have received a lot of good reviews right here on the forums.

Gold prices have rose over 50k on arch server alone. It's obvious just from that its not working.

The nien event was awesome, i'll admit that. It still doesn't change the fact that people hate these packs, and its tearing the game apart. I'm not being rude, I'm just being honest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options

way to state the obvious, they have good reviews because it doesnt involve cash shop to do it, shamefully the rest of your game just about does and you cant deny that, but taking away TW pay and adding in corals permenant...you taking the ****?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *One week later*
  • roselincaerulea
    roselincaerulea Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Filter circumvention is a banable offence - Ary
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    way to state the obvious, they have good reviews because it doesnt involve cash shop to do it, shamefully the rest of your game just about does and you cant deny that, but taking away TW pay and adding in corals permenant...you taking the ****?

The OP made it sound like the devs are trying to ruin the game. I'm trying to make the point that they have actually added some really good features.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options

Um yeah awesome events that are impossible to do unless you are max level with max gear, THANKS! (same goes with DT and CoA you CAN NOT do them at the levels you should be able to, becuz they do not scale to level ranges.) so once again frankie... FAIL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The OP made it sound like the devs are trying to ruin the game. I'm trying to make the point that they have actually added some really good features.

That wasn't my point. I was stating the decisions the devs are making are ruining the game. I didn't say they were trying to, but either way they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Sorta like needing 7 days to check if not having 1-star Dragon Orb Packs and Year of the Tiger Packs on sale work or not? No wait a sec, that was a 2 day difference, not 7.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • C/LLlE - Heavens Tear
    C/LLlE - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Quoted for truth. The Devs have added some good features.
    They have also removed some bad ones (a reminder, once again, that packs were banned from PW-CN).

PWE, on the other hand...

This isn't a troll post, or at least it's not meant to be. But Frankie, honestly - take a good unbiased look at what's going on and tell us that it's not PWE's marketing decisions causing the issues here. The Neinbeast event was cool. The celestial tigers are cool. The jungle ruins are VERY cool!
    Being told TW pay is being nerfed to combat inflation and bring "gold prices down to earth," then cramming packs down our collective throat... not so cool.
    Wrap me in a bolt of lighting,
    Send me on my way still smiling;
    Maybe that's the way I should go,
    Right into the mouth of the unknown...
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options

what Aelric said was somewhat true aswell, the best feature is definatly Forest Ruins, and it always was even before the devs closed it down and re-did it all, problem is, it looks to me like PWE and the Devs at once are just walking all over us, you say they have added some good features, ill name the ones i no, Forest Ruins, Celes Tiger event, item link in the chat window...thats all i can think of, then theres the second kicker, the celes tiger event and forest ruins both run in the week day and in the middle of the night for europeons, why cant they run twice a day with a 1 entry per day limit like the horse race?

thanks for taking care of the community.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *One week later*