Packs forever in game?

2»

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i stole ur sig, its that sexy.

Lols no problem, that's basically the reason I made it anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely.

Yayyyyyy b:victory thank you thank you, now I don't need to rush b:kiss
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    may i say FAIL PWE FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL

kthxbai b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I dont get it, everyone complains about the packs, i for one have never ever purchased one, from boutique or from a catshop, and likely never will.. if everyone hates the packs so much, why are so many people still buying them, let alont the people that are stockpiling them for later (pretty sure i seen a catshop in w.arch selling an old anni pack, might be mistaken tho, i didnt mouseover it).. so which is it, QQ over the packs and keep hating them, or keep buying them and show PWI that theres still a market for them? cant be both, its one or the other, everyone needs to pick one.

I'm shocked no1 has sent you hate mail already. I agree 100%. The community can't have it both ways.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I dont get it, everyone complains about the packs, i for one have never ever purchased one, from boutique or from a catshop, and likely never will.. if everyone hates the packs so much, why are so many people still buying them, let alont the people that are stockpiling them for later (pretty sure i seen a catshop in w.arch selling an old anni pack, might be mistaken tho, i didnt mouseover it).. so which is it, QQ over the packs and keep hating them, or keep buying them and show PWI that theres still a market for them? cant be both, its one or the other, everyone needs to pick one.

The problem with packs is that they contain tokens of best luck. Two best luck tokens can be traded for a 10 million coin bank note. This causes rapid inflation. The packs themselves are not really a problem, just the ability to use the tokens in the packs to create huge sums of coin. If they removed the ability to trade best luck tokens for 10 million bank notes a lot of the complaints would go away.

As is always the case, people are fundamentally selfish. No one wants the rapid inflation, but that does not mean they are unwilling to get 10 million bank notes for themselves. I have never bought a pack (or anything that comes from a pack other than mirage stones), but I can understand how others do not want to pass up the opportunity to get 10 million bank notes. It is up to the developers to remove this ability. The players cannot be trusted to do the right thing.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    basically its how YOU use the tools they gave u? =o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Now we have gone from

"Farm your own gear" to "**** THE RULES,I HAVE MONEY"

Thanks to LittleKuriboh,now named CardGamesFTW
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2010

LOL I love that part, instant classic.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010

[code]in
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Please do not circumvent the filter - Ary

Blah blah
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You realize that every change that someone spouted out sarcastically at one time or another about packs they've done?

"Can you at least release packs under a new name? It's not the ******n Anniversary anymore!"

"Why don't you just make them permanent?"

all that ****...everyone need to think before they post. The higher ups of PWE must be people with bad Engrish

Let's try this out:

"Why don't you just make these bugs fixed?"
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Until Aug. 31st, at which point they'll have Maint. to roll out the real Anniversary Packs again for Sept. 1st. And we'll be stuck with the damn things until January, after which they'll start all over with yet more "repackaged" Anniv. packs with more new/rare mounts and nerfed prize rates.

Rare mounts you say? How is something common rare? b:laugh
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It did drive everything up, much less significant than packs though. TW pay gave more purchasing power to the already established big factions, so to speak. It is unrealistic to say it had no effect whatsoever, but it wasn't as significant as the huge demand for packs and 10 mil bank notes inflation.

I'm pretty sure the first year that PWI was open, TW pay did little to affect the economy, you know from like, oh, Sept 08 to Sept 09? Then packs came out. For the next 6 months things started to steadily grow worse. Your join date oddly says April of 2010... which means you weren't even here to see how the economy has been trashed. Oh yeah that's right.... you like to talk out of your **** like you have a clue but you really don't, how can you, you've only been part of the economy since AFTER it had already been trashed. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just get use to it.. forever packs

QQ i forgot to buy tiger packs.. so i can resell them :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    _Ghostz_ - Archosaur Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    And now the Game is over.....lol
    Just don't. This is your final warning.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Now we have gone from

That is the cornerstone of cash shop games. Either you pay a monthly fee and the people that spend the most time in game win, or you play for free and the people that spend the most money win (with time being the second most important factor). It is an inevitable side effect of this business model.
  • Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary
    Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    That is the cornerstone of cash shop games. Either you pay a monthly fee and the people that spend the most time in game win, or you play for free and the people that spend the most money win (with time being the second most important factor). It is an inevitable side effect of this business model.

I am not sure I understand... How do you "win" this game now? b:puzzled Unless you are on a PvP server and are trying to be the best, better than all the rest, you're sort of just competing with yourself, no? Grind grind grind TT, FCC, FB, BH, Whatever until you get to... I dunno? lvl 105 and can't go any further? Hope they get new content, more lvls, better gear, more easily attainable uber weapons/gear? I have a lot of friends who passed me up long ago because they spend on their time lvling as fast as they could to get to End Game and now they are bored and starting new chars. lol WIN The Game, indeed. b:chuckle
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i won by default b:chuckle Coz no1 else manage win
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • RedBetty - Harshlands
    RedBetty - Harshlands Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2010

okay so on the one hand you "try" to fix the coinproblem by changing tw-payout (which already resulted on lots of quitting people.) into mirages...for a lower goldprice.
    and on the other hand you finally(everyone saw that coming) put the luck-packs in as a permament addition? packs that ALWAYS increase a servers goldprice to 400 k +?

i wonder if the management really thinks that we users are plain stupid..or is it just the barefaced symbol of your greed?

cmon dude, how could anyone here 'believe' in a GM again, after this?

/rage
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010

cmon dude, how could anyone here 'believe' in a GM again, after this?

/rage

GM only trying to comfort us as employer, i never blame them b:kiss
    But if the game still running fine then the players is very interesting
    Well i already not playing for days, maybe i can stop permanently too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's just the coral pack now.

Admittedly, the one where sunshine and that other pack at the same time was a bit much.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Tonttuu - Heavens Tear
    Tonttuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i rly dun care are the coral packs in game permanent..i rly dont understand why ppl spend so much money on PvE server...my veno is lvl100 and i dont have even 1 mat of tt99...for wat i need em for ? archer has so ****ty tt90 that durrr...do i care? no...i understand PvP ppl that they need to get best gear since there is non-stop pking...but i dont understand that on PvE server..well i dont blame em ofc TW needs some good stuffs but anyways =)

and sry for my bad english =)
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Lucky Corals are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely.

........ its funny how we knew this so long ago.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • ahhao
    ahhao Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Took you long enough to realise b:chuckle