Packs forever in game?

Options
Golassic - Harshlands
Golassic - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
I didnt saw...:

These items will be available in the PWI Boutique from bla bla bla until bla bla bla Server Time

...in PWI News

So packs gonna stay forever now, or GMs missed this?
Useing ↑ in Forsaken World forum too

NightRage, WaffleChan, MistaBwanden, SoIar, WraithTanker, BeingHope, Zanyru won't be forgotten~!

RedsRose,Boogiepanda,NiightmareXz,Airyll u guys said everything that i wanned to say =] b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Golassic - Harshlands on

Comments

• Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Until Aug. 31st, at which point they'll have Maint. to roll out the real Anniversary Packs again for Sept. 1st. And we'll be stuck with the damn things until January, after which they'll start all over with yet more "repackaged" Anniv. packs with more new/rare mounts and nerfed prize rates.
  • Furfuf - Lost City
    Furfuf - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    packs will never END!!!!!!! EVER
    b:angryb:angryb:angryb:laughI feel better taking out my BEAR aggression. Lame joke i know but suck it.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You know the answer to this. Anniversary packs are STILL out from a year ago. They are permanent.
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I dont get it, everyone complains about the packs, i for one have never ever purchased one, from boutique or from a catshop, and likely never will.. if everyone hates the packs so much, why are so many people still buying them, let alont the people that are stockpiling them for later (pretty sure i seen a catshop in w.arch selling an old anni pack, might be mistaken tho, i didnt mouseover it).. so which is it, QQ over the packs and keep hating them, or keep buying them and show PWI that theres still a market for them? cant be both, its one or the other, everyone needs to pick one.
  • Katagaria - Dreamweaver
    Katagaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    it's never going to end. but whats the big deal about it anyways? if you don't like it, don't buy it. it's like a lottery. buy it for the chance of a cool mount, but instead of throwing it away if you don't win, you can use it to buy/get other rewards, so in that way it's pretty cool. i've bought a few but never in the amounts that others have, which is insane.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    People that don't like packs don't dislike them because they buy them. They dislike them because they drive up gold prices, making it extremely hard to buy other essentials such as charms, or even just vanity items.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    it's never going to end. but whats the big deal about it anyways? if you don't like it, don't buy it. it's like a lottery. buy it for the chance of a cool mount, but instead of throwing it away if you don't win, you can use it to buy/get other rewards, so in that way it's pretty cool. i've bought a few but never in the amounts that others have, which is insane.
    Have you seriously not noticed how gold goes up 100k+ whenever packs are released?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Lejont - Raging Tide
    Lejont - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Have you seriously not noticed how gold goes up 100k+ whenever packs are released?

well for my server gold has been 400k-500k for the past year
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    *points at signature*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Korg - Lost City
    Korg - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    has it already been a year since RT opened? wow ive been gone longer than i thought.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Money > PWI Community
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lejont wrote:
    Thats because there are hardly any 'pack free moments' in the past year b:surrender
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Keph wins all over. All the mods and devs need to see this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    in one word...

yes.

now that PWI has created a large playerbase of gamblers, there isnt a snowflake's chance in hell that packs of all kinds will ever be taken out of the shop. the *logical* move would be to put the tokens in the shop to be sold individually, on a permanent basis. fat chance that will ever happen...

I didnt saw...:

These items will be available in the PWI Boutique from bla bla bla until bla bla bla Server Time

...in PWI News

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It's rare but I believe that due to the heavy gambling aspect of packs, buying with coins as well as gold, the chinese were right in banning packs.
    I believe America should ban packs from PWI or at least raise the age of playing the game to 18+, this would surely make PWE think differently.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    well for RT gold takes a huge hike up whenever packs are out.

And the like... one time where they were gone for more than 2 weeks it started to lower pretty well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    bwahahahaha this makes me smile. I am glad I broke my pwi addiction long ago. I didn't see all these different packs coming and assumed they would have stopped with the anni packs after awhile but it seems my decision to quit was better than expected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options

And the like... one time where they were gone for more than 2 weeks it started to lower pretty well.

I remember that, they went from 450-500k to 300-350k, that was good... (Take into consideration that tw pay was still out then, yet the prices went down, magically)
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Well, on servers that were around long before RT gold was at a steady 100k+ until Chest's of Coin showed up. That's when it shot it up 200k. It wasn't until the first Anni. packs came out that gold has been a constant 400k+.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well, on servers that were around long before RT gold was at a steady 100k+ until Chest's of Coin showed up. That's when it shot it up 200k. It wasn't until the first Anni. packs came out that gold has been a constant 400k+.

I'm sorry, you completely forgot to mention the part where the TW pay drove gold prices up. I mean, that must have happened, right, our beloved GMs cant be telling us lies on the forum and then editing all the posts that disagree with those lies, can they?

Oh wait... oh no... the secret forum police are coming for me, damn my rebellious side! I will never give up my freedom! *Frankieraye puts bag over my head and shoves me into a van and drives off with me*
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It did drive everything up, much less significant than packs though. TW pay gave more purchasing power to the already established big factions, so to speak. It is unrealistic to say it had no effect whatsoever, but it wasn't as significant as the huge demand for packs and 10 mil bank notes inflation.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    On HT gold was around 100k until the first Jolly Jones event. That drove gold up to around 170k.

When it ended, gold went back to about 110k.

The second Jolly Jones Event drove gold up to about 185k, eventually climbing to 210k. While it was going on, they released the chest of coin in Cube, so when it ended prices only dipped to about 190k. It might have gone lower, but...

A week later, Anniversary packs came in, instantly driving gold prices to ~270k. That climbed steadily til it was about 330k at the end of month.

When Anniv packs went away, gold recovered to about 220k. Most people were holding out for 100k.

Then came the unexpected return of the Anniv packs, this time driving gold to about 330k climbing to 370k. Each successive iteration of packs has dumped enough coin into the economy from those stupid perfect best luck tokens to cause a permanent 20-40k increase in the price of gold. It's slowed down lately (due to being unable to sell the pack rewards to recoup the cost of the packs, so only gambling people buy them now).

The latest (Jul 20) Tiger Pack release coincided with an overdue dragon orb sale, which bumped up gold prices an uncharacteristically large 60k (from 400k to 460k). I think it's only the second orb sale since Nirvana was opened? People wanted to refine all their new gear.
    It [TW pay] did drive everything up, much less significant than packs though.
    The weekly TW pay is about the same as ~100 perfect best luck tokens. My estimate from seeing the duke shouts is that we're still getting ~100 of those tokens a day. So TW pay was pretty small in comparison. Back when Anniv packs first came out, there were so many Duke shouts for those tokens that a lot of times you couldn't even hold a conversation because your text would scroll off the window so quickly. A week later, we were still getting 100 of those tokens probably every 2-4 hours (a duke shout every 1-3 minutes). Huge, huge damage to the economy.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I didnt saw...:

...in PWI News

Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And there we have it boys. The pinnacle of irony right here.
    we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will.

-Kantorek
    Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ^ that
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And there we have it boys. The pinnacle of irony right here.

irony.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm posting this one last time because dammit,*removed*

What the hell are you people smoking, anyway? $20 bills soaked in LSD?