TT drops

Options
Pyrya - Archosaur
Pyrya - Archosaur Posts: 81 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Wtf is the point in running TT as a DD class?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Pyrya - Archosaur on

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    None. Go farm DQs.

/thread
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    None. Go farm DQs.

/thread

They nerfed those, Go farm anni pax.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    Options
    None. Go farm DQs.

/thread

lolwut? No point now that they dropped the price, i'd end up paying more in repairs than i make off that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Stop running with squads that use stupid drop rules.
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Stop running with squads that use stupid drop rules.

Ever been to my server? It's a breeding ground for idiots and barbs/clerics who wanna charge to run an instance THEN expect drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lolwut? No point now that they dropped the price, i'd end up paying more in repairs than i make off that.

You actually make money that way, but it's still not a good way to make money. I was trolling you know.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ever been to my server? It's a breeding ground for idiots and barbs/clerics who wanna charge to run an instance THEN expect drops.

No, I've only ever played on HT, but that sounds terrible. I haven't been in a pickup party for over a year though. Always been with guildies/friends/friends of guildies or friends.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No, I've only ever played on HT, but that sounds terrible. I haven't been in a pickup party for over a year though. Always been with guildies/friends/friends of guildies or friends.

I've run barb/cleric/DDs by level runs with faction mates...
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah when i was looking for a tank today i got i can't tell you how reply's like "I'll tank for 200k, but i also want first pick in drops." Course most were terribly mis-spelt and in caps, but that's the jist of it. Clerics don't charge as much but its the same idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Never do TT with randoms.
    You got faction, you got friends...
    Packs World International
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I need to go to another server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Never do TT with randoms.
    You got faction, you got friends...

Doesn't really change anything. Did two TTs, lost four members from one faction.
  • hothakalasha
    hothakalasha Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Dont be so freakin greedy... reroll on barb if u wanna get 1st pick or herc veno and solo go solo squad mode.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Dont be so freakin greedy... reroll on barb if u wanna get 1st pick or herc veno and solo go solo squad mode.

Stupid post is stupid. Telling someone to play a different character just because they want an equal share of the split is silly and rude. The main reason why people want use drop orders is because of greedy barbs and clerics, who not only already charged money to go on the run but wants first pick. That's why you run with faction mates and friends, who will at least be fair with you if not generous. Honestly I've had it with clerics and barbs who have their noses in the air about drops a year ago.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

This is why no self respecting dd would run with him.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Roll a barb alt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Stupid post is stupid. Telling someone to play a different character just because they want an equal share of the split is silly and rude. The main reason why people want use drop orders is because of greedy barbs and clerics, who not only already charged money to go on the run but wants first pick. That's why you run with faction mates and friends, who will at least be fair with you if not generous. Honestly I've had it with clerics and barbs who have their noses in the air about drops a year ago.

I wish that was the case. If the run goes smoothly, then at least someone is greedy or something. I have yet to see a good faction run. Or any good run either.

Yeah. Sadly there are always some DDs so desperate for money that they will run with those kind of barbs/clerics.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I wish that was the case. If the run goes smoothly, then at least someone is greedy or something. I have yet to see a good faction run. Or any good run either.

Yeah. Sadly there are always some DDs so desperate for money that they will run with those kind of barbs/clerics.

In my opinion they're not desperate, just ignorant of what things should be for them. Maybe I'm spoiled by being in a large faction where no one wants to be kicked for pissing off other members, but it's still not that hard to find a few friends through BH runs or whatever and play with them instead. I got gypped a bunch of times on runs with my "friends" but I still got something out of it instead of NPCable mats like you're likely to get in pickups. Learn from your mistakes; if you ran with someone who is an ****, then don't TT with them again.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In my opinion they're not desperate, just ignorant of what things should be for them. Maybe I'm spoiled by being in a large faction where no one wants to be kicked for pissing off other members, but it's still not that hard to find a few friends through BH runs or whatever and play with them instead. I got gypped a bunch of times on runs with my "friends" but I still got something out of it instead of NPCable mats like you're likely to get in pickups. Learn from your mistakes; if you ran with someone who is an ****, then don't TT with them again.

I'm in a faction with 194 members currently. I know people that have been kicked from this faction for doing that. Most of those people have also been kicked from every big faction that recruit 60+ people.

The ones that run with greedy barbs and clerics are the ones that don't have any other choice. It's already hard enough to try to make a TT squad. Even with 35+ members online, most of those are busy or afk.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    |
    |
    V
    |
    |
    V
    Did two TTs, lost four members from one faction.

There will always be desperate people. That's why I can merchant modestly overpriced goods. That doesn't mean intelligent and self respecting people would do it.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

without a barb or cleric, mainly a cleric, u cant do TT, u can do it with a herc veno, then its the same thing, 1st drops ofcourse, but a barb and cleric wanting 1st drops has a reason for it, barbs and clerics have pots/repairs much more then any class, take when i do TT2-3, about 100k worth of mp gone on Wurlord, and then again on feng, the cost mounts up, and the barb for taking a smashing all the way through,
    the DDs just simply let there attacks run, archers,BM,sin just auto attack all the way pretty much without spending anything to do the run, a lil diff for mage and psy, but more on the cleric still.

1st pick for them is to compensate what they spent aswell as the time they spent tanking/healing whilst alot of the times, the DDs go afk and come back wanting drops, ill agree its a fked up system, blame that on PWE for making stupid over priced repair bills and insane MP consuming skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    kick the barb>tank>take tank split

only take people who are worth the split on runs and if a faction mate crys calmly remind that axe swining bm/skill spaming archer/metal mage that last time you brought them on tt they failed you booted and they cried in faction for hours

seriously just run with freinds
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    without a barb or cleric, mainly a cleric, u cant do TT, u can do it with a herc veno, then its the same thing, 1st drops ofcourse, but a barb and cleric wanting 1st drops has a reason for it, barbs and clerics have pots/repairs much more then any class, take when i do TT2-3, about 100k worth of mp gone on Wurlord, and then again on feng, the cost mounts up, and the barb for taking a smashing all the way through,
    the DDs just simply let there attacks run, archers,BM,sin just auto attack all the way pretty much without spending anything to do the run, a lil diff for mage and psy, but more on the cleric still.

1st pick for them is to compensate what they spent aswell as the time they spent tanking/healing whilst alot of the times, the DDs go afk and come back wanting drops, ill agree its a fked up system, blame that on PWE for making stupid over priced repair bills and insane MP consuming skills.

Let me run a few scenarios for you...

A DD will get the boss down many times faster than a barb and cleric alone. Your barb is doing very little damage and you as a cleric aren't attacking the boss, or if you can spare a few hits between heals, very sparingly. So without the DD, you'd be spending more than 2x or 3x+ the time and the resource you cry about on the boss, so yea you're welcome to run your party without DDs. As for the actual cost of the run, yes, barbs will burn more in the form of repair costs. Give him your DQ drops. Clerics who burn lots of MP...hmm...I guess wizards don't need MP to cast huh? My wizard friends basically all got screwed over by you greedy whiney types and I had to farm his mats myself because I was an archer and it's "cheaper" for me to run the TT (though the real reason was just cuz I was more forward than he was about drop rules).

Even then, if you INSIST that the few extra pots and repair bills are worth whining over, do you really think it's fair, especially in higher TTs where only 1 or 2 kinds of mat are worth selling, that one person gets the expensive mat and the DDs get the mats that are basically NPCable? Is your time that much more worthy than any other player's that you can make 500K-1M off a run and they only make 30K? I didn't think so.

Sadly there are too many desperate or ignorant DDs out there to prove my point, but you are welcome to run TTs with no DDs because you "can." Heck if you have just a barb and a cleric you can even keep more of the drops! Not that the drops you give DDs were worth **** anyways.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

mp food is 50 for 3 tokens

a cleric may use 100 food at MOST on a run with good DD in 2-3 = 60k

i have tanked every tt up to 2-2 and have never had a repair bill over 50k and mine is higher than most barbs due to wear and tear on my fists

since when is an average cost of 55k per run "overpriced"b:bye

and the reason yuor DD autos the whole boss is because you feed them the worst split so the decent dd stays far away from you

barbs with 10k+ hp are everywhere

healbot clerics as well

a DD that can debuff time sparks stay alive and generaly kill thigns quickly is worth its weight in gold (the 400k each kind)

so enjoy killing slowly
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A cleric who can heal with IB on bosses that don't AoE shot have the cheapest costs of any class in the entire run. Which would be many of the runs the OP would be going on. Heck, I loved being able to pop an apoth regen pot, hit back to back Ironhearts for max healing, and never have my energy bar drop (pre-celestial version). There is no cost for the cleric in those instances.

As for BBing, it has similar cost to IB spam when under aggro for 1/4 regen when using lvl 10 IB. So BB is great for that area, as it allows me to be lazy and just hit yuanxiao every once in a while. Used that when doing early duo runs with my cleric healing my BM in 3-1 squad mode. But the cost of the cleric will not be truly horrendous with at least some of the bosses not setting cleric to battle state. And if people aren't using yuanxiao and rely on charms, that would be their fault. Heck, selling mana pot drops and buying yuanxiao ends up earning you money while getting cheap mana.

Only excuse would be for xp loss from squad wipes, which should mean if there isn't one then no special pick. Trying to justify preferential treatment with BS reasons that are so horribly obvious is a good reason of why I just bring my own cleric or sin along for healing. Best part is to go from one of the threads where barbs and clerics complain about not being needed, start to feel bad for them, and then come back to this and remember why pity isn't deserved.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

friends and factions ftw =).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i have tanked every tt up to 2-2 and have never had a repair bill over 50k and mine is higher than most barbs due to wear and tear on my fists

I don't really try tanking TTs since I've seen level 77 barbs that are unable to tank TT1-3. Plus, other squad members wouldn't even let me do that.
    friends and factions ftw =).

I've done both with those crappy drop share rules. Just because the barb and cleric didn't want to share equally.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh yea, I forgot to mention, I burn so much charm from clerics who don't know how to time their AoE heal properly. It's like they think they can have special treatment just cuz. Your job as you said was to heal because that is essential to the party, so am I still supposed to give you priority when I would have died without a charm? And what Telarith said was completely correct. That was how I played my cleric alt whenever I ran TTs with it. It costs VERY LITTLE, I practically never died if the DDs were smart and quick, and if you're not stupid enough to overbuff your apoth you'll never run out of MP. I don't know how you got to burning 100K+ on a single boss. What are you doing, plume shell and standing in AoE range? Even if you don't use apoth, using your skills wisely will not cost you more than a pinch of coin in pots because now the pots are so powerful. You should try being a cleric back when those sesame things weren't out yet. Actually, nevermind, I've heard enough QQ about the MP pots already.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

BS. I prove it MANY times that wizard can have more mana spending than cleric. So don't tell me about it. If wizard would use all his power his mana spending would be more than cleric. I will not looking for this thread again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Everyone has thier own system for TT drops. The one your talking about is the one we used at level 60 before we learned better. The simplist way to take advantage of it is ALWAYS sub the runs. Take the gold mat and walk. Hideously unfair situation but if you find yourself in it, insist on subbing.

A better way is to get a dedicated group and farm up your mats, whole group stays together till everyone is taken care of...usually this means faction runs.

Another way is an even split across the board, try to use accurate coin values and break out items accordingly.

The most fair method I've found is to have a trusted party sell all the items and mail out coin splits exactly even less the cost of subs. The issue with this one is that no one actually gets the mats directly and many people can't wrap thier head around the concept.