I hate how overpowered 5.0 aps is

Options
13»

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wow, your such a hypocrit. What happened to being a 5 aps barb? I guess you failed hard since your so "godly" cause your high level. Oafish people is oafish.
    Wow you're stupid, can you even read?

Oh right, it's yulk, of course you can't read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Care to share the memories? b:dirty

Lol that was funny.. sorry it is!

Go back to TW, where you can go against that same bm and show him how to tank.
  • Mivi - Lost City
    Mivi - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the thread made me curious, so i start making some math about...
    axes have the most large range od damange and the lowest speed,
    claw is the most fast but have the lowest range of damange

exam 1 vs infinite hp dummy 0def, with the same level of the attaccker

☆Deicidelv 95 lunar gold claws

attk: 498-673 aspd: 1,67/s number of attack per minute: 100,2 final output damange: 49899-67434

☆Dragonhunt lv 95 lunar gold axes

attk: 646-1508 aspd: 0.83/s number of attack per minute: 48.8 final output damange: 32170-73590

(no skills, no sparks, no int gears in this esample)

the proportion of the damange that appear on the statistics of the weapon is respected until the end. these weapons vs a mob with infinite hp: mantain theyr original balanced-output of damange over time. the bonus on the aspd of this claw claw make it better

exam 2 vs 100.000 hp dummy 0 def, with the same level of the attaccker

dummy: 100.000 hp

☆Deicide
    attk: 498-673 number of attack for dealing 100k damange: 149-202 time: 89-120 seconds

☆Dragonhunt
    attk: 646-1508 number of attack for dealing 100k damange: 67-155 time: 80-186 seconds

so the claws have the 30% of chance of kill the enemy under 100seconds
    the axe only the 10%, claw win 4/5 the claws are more fast than the axes

exam 3 vs 100.000 hp dummy 0 def, with the same level of the attaccker
    add -int gear for both

I really don't need to calculate this, -int gear = more damange over time. proportion is still respected, claws are still more fast than axes

exam 4 triplespark factor

☆Deicide
    aspd: 1,67/s number of attack per minute: 100,2 x 5 vigor each hit = 500 vigor 1triplespark and 2/3 triple spark

☆Dragonhunt
    aspd: 0.83/s number of attack per minute: 48.8 x 5 vigor each hit = 240 vigor almost a triplespark

considered the high boost on attk and aspd profit from a triplespark, the equations of the final output damange make claws a good choice vs the axes at the end.

to conclude, after these series of really banal exams, we may determine that the true strength of the claws is in the numbers of triplesparks they give to theyr owner, which are used to boost attk and aspd
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    to conclude, after these series of really banal exams, we may determine that the true strength of the claws is in the numbers of triplesparks they give to theyr owner, which are used to boost attk and aspd
    You needed all that math to conclude this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    and he/she isnt even a archer o.O .. a veno

must be a alt
    i like potato
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    and he/she isnt even a archer o.O .. a veno

must be a alt

No, it was pretty bad. It didn't cover sharding, it didn't use a base line where both are at natural speed (lunar is already -int), it didn't note rings, didn't use speed buffs, and made a pointless re-examine by adding spark damage as if it changed anything when they didn't use demon spark. A ratio where both sides are changed the same amount....is the same ratio without the change.

Now maybe if that had been done in 2008 or something, might of had use. But much more in-depth analysis has been posted in BM forums for well over a year, so kinda stating nothing new or in-depth in a long way.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Actually sins are more irritating than those BMs who think they are so godly and more stupid it seems. Some sin actually argued how daggers got faster attack speed than fists, wouldn`t listen the "1.43>1.25", just said "look how fast I attack" =/.

BMs Only bug me when we do stuff I`m not too familiar of and am not sure if they can tank it by just looking at gear. You need to have some serious interrogation for those buggers to answer if they can do it. No, they rarely answer if they are not sure that they can but QQ if something goes wrong. I myself don`t care who tanks the boss as long as squad is safe, go try saying that to some BMs, they start to argue how I`m butthurt cause I`m not tank anymore...

Ps. Yulk, leave this topic, 1 post may not have tainted it too badly, at least we can act like it didn`t.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • RainKilganon - Lost City
    RainKilganon - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Had a little bit of this myself yesterday. BH79, and the bm was using 4x npc fists the entire time, with not a single -int in sight. I love fists on my bm alt even without -int, but to use npc fists 40+ levels below you...
    "I'm in the Dark, I'm alone around you. I've been here before, nobody here to get me through. Oh, I'm losing my faith in every way, That points to you, I'm in the dark." <3 The Birthday Massacre
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No. Just no.

Below the level at which you're refining your gear to +5 or above and have no -int, fists are not the best weapon of choice. Use them to try and get chi faster, sure, but the number of failure low level archers or low level BMs with no -int gear I see is horrible.

They all think they can tank bosses and do this huge great super awesome amount of damage, and then they all cry when the barb takes aggro back because at the lower levels and before stacked -int, fists just aren't that powerful.

But because everybody talks about how OP fists/claws are and because nearly everybody is now aiming for the expensive -int build, everybody assumes that fists must be OP for this very reason regardless of level. And it's not freaking true and it's breeding a whole new level of failures, who will cry to the point their tears could grow crops because they're too dumb to understand why fists suck if you don't have a couple of pieces of -int and nicely refined fists.

A convo between me and a guildie archer last week :

"Me: - Huh , you're selling your lunar bow ? But you just got it ."

"Him : - Yep , I'm gonna get deicides . "

"Me : - Lol , wait selling demon lighting strike as well ? Got it learned already ? "

"Him: - No , but I might need more money to buy claws . "

"Me: - But you're nerfing your pvp abilities badly , you're also in the 2nd strongest faction in RT and participate in long TWs vs the top faction , claws won't do anything for ya there . "

"Him: - Idc :D I want top 5 in Nien event , idc about anything else . I'm doing fine with tt90 gold sling . "

"Me: - ......... "

Tbh , I was just an axe/pole user till I got fc gold fists and did just fine . It's my 1st bm so I wanted to master the "old school bm " before moving on to the new one .

And it did me good both pvp & pve wise . I'm currently at 2.22 unsparked and 2.86 sparked with +7 deicides and yes the dps is nice , I like them & all but not that much to make me ignore other weapons such as axes .

Also , my GX which is just +4 still does decent in pvp ( especially TW , lol ) & pve where aoes are needed , the fc gold pole's farstrike is starting to lack in power though .

WTB lunar pole <3 ( oh wait ..I'm broke QQ ) .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A convo between me and a guildie archer last week :

"Me: - Huh , you're selling your lunar bow ? But you just got it ."

"Him : - Yep , I'm gonna get deicides . "

"Me : - Lol , wait selling demon lighting strike as well ? Got it learned already ? "

"Him: - No , but I might need more money to buy claws . "

"Me: - But you're nerfing your pvp abilities badly , you're also in the 2nd strongest faction in RT and participate in long TWs vs the top faction , claws won't do anything for ya there . "

"Him: - Idc :D I want top 5 in Nien event , idc about anything else . I'm doing fine with tt90 gold sling . "

"Me: - ......... "

Tbh , I was just an axe/pole user till I got fc gold fists and did just fine . It's my 1st bm so I wanted to master the "old school bm " before moving on to the new one .

And it did me good both pvp & pve wise .

Hope they didn't sell it now that the Nien Beast event is kind of finished....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hope they didn't sell it now that the Nien Beast event is kind of finished....

Yeah, owned.
  • aemalakai
    aemalakai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Wow after reading all these posts looks like I'm doing something right.

Lvl 88 Axe/Fist BM. I have some lvl 24 heavy wrist with -0.05 int. I've kept them that long because of it. If im solo/tanking then I use my TT80's.

As long as i'm not tanking I switch to my fist(Gorenox) slap the wrist on and goto town, when two sparks comes up I HF, then either extreme poison or thunderstorm, switch immediately back to wrist and go back to building chi.

Sure i'm not even above 2.0 APS. But I HF every time its available now. Funny thing is people keep trying to buy my wrists off me telling me how worthless they are to me, how im stupid for using them and blah blah.

Anyways time to go work on some more int gear
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    aemalakai wrote: »
    Wow after reading all these posts looks like I'm doing something right.

Lvl 88 Axe/Fist BM. I have some lvl 24 heavy wrist with -0.05 int. I've kept them that long because of it. If im solo/tanking then I use my TT80's.

As long as i'm not tanking I switch to my fist(Gorenox) slap the wrist on and goto town, when two sparks comes up I HF, then either extreme poison or thunderstorm, switch immediately back to wrist and go back to building chi.

Sure i'm not even above 2.0 APS. But I HF every time its available now. Funny thing is people keep trying to buy my wrists off me telling me how worthless they are to me, how im stupid for using them and blah blah.

Anyways time to go work on some more int gear

lol, nice troll
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Why was I compelled to read this entire p.o.s thread. :/
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • _Brighid_ - Dreamweaver
    _Brighid_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I really hate when I see an Interval BM who says they are going to tank a boss and then they dont spark but keep doing HF for themselves and get the entire squad killed cuz they cant hold aggro...

Same goes for a undergeared BM who tries to take aggro from someone who can tank and makes the clerics life hell! Plus gets themselves killed...
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    necro
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    People just need to know how and when to use fists. My BM has no -int and has fists. Around 6x pretty much all the mobs cast magic, and fist is the only interrupt that doesn't use up chi. Because the mobs all cast from range when not in melee range, it's pointless to go axe and try to AOE, you're just going to get killed by a shooting squad. That's why my BM has fists.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    necro

This567890
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yup...3 months is definitely a NECRO...and there is currently a thread on this anyway...why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    People just need to know how and when to use fists. My BM has no -int and has fists. Around 6x pretty much all the mobs cast magic, and fist is the only interrupt that doesn't use up chi. Because the mobs all cast from range when not in melee range, it's pointless to go axe and try to AOE, you're just going to get killed by a shooting squad. That's why my BM has fists.

Well, in that case if you had an axe and no fists you'd use roar, or aeolin blade for a 50% stun chance before the mob casts and 1v1 it. An axe aoe will also never hit a mob that isn't within agro range, so in that example the fist user would be shot down too, since shadowless kick is a single target with 10 sec cooldown. Obviously fists are the best choice, but axes aren't exactly as bad as people make them out to be. Knowing the full capability of every single weapon is what makes a decent BM imo.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The only reason you'd go axe against mobs is to AOE, otherwise fist is better single target DPS, cheaper interrupt, and chi coverage. More chi for stuns and sutra.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty