wraithkiller69 Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Don't post from an alt if you are gonna leave it connected to your main :x

Who said I was posting from a alt o.o just to lazy to put my pictureb:bye

b:chuckle
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    is realy hard to say who is best, good gear is confused with skills, the only way to see who is the best in pvp is doing that npc gear pk party
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Better idea, make a group full of npc gear and stick them in delta and see who comes out alive b:laugh
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Better idea, make a group full of npc gear and stick them in delta and see who comes out alive b:laugh

The veno would since they don't do **** in Delta lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    venos kite boss, they would be 1 shoted by any boss b:chuckle, but the idea seems to be nice, anyone down for it? archer here
    edited July 2010
    You forget they have a pet :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary
    NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    rofl........

/10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The knife slides down the tip of my tongue.
    I'm finding pleasure in watching you writhe.
    I lean in just to lick the sweat off your face.
    I taste the reverence dripping down my throat.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Drop party, turn, and shoot the veno. Ask for reinvite. Simple solution. Or drop party while Barraging. I'd want to be the archer in this challenge, cuz the laughter shouldn't interfere with the killin's.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    You forget they have a pet :)

bosses have aoe atacks that hurt =P
  • SarahC - Sanctuary
    SarahC - Sanctuary Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I can teach you how to be pro barb too...*Armageddon* > ...*Armageddon* > ...*Armageddon*..

In that case, go back to Dylena. b:victory
    "Anyone wanna doing cube atm?" - Aya
    "I click Release Corpse and it tells me I can't perform this action while dead." -Saveless
    Enelysionb:cute
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I r best ^^ *runs hides as people starts flaming me*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Gagaloo, go back to your cage pls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nadis - Sanctuary
    Nadis - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    In that case, go back to Dylena. b:victory

But Dylena cant bite as good as Knulls. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SarahC - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010

There better not be any hidden meaning in that from our FC runs. b:chuckle
    "I click Release Corpse and it tells me I can't perform this action while dead." -Saveless
  • PrettySammy - Sanctuary
    PrettySammy - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited August 2010

OK im gonna dare to venture an opinion, i know this is a dangerous thing to do in Sanctuary.

Veno:

1. Linchen (sexist veno ever master of all veno's)
    2. Evga (best damn man veno ever - i seen your music video telephone) b:shocked
    3. XCharm / Meliah (owwie flying chicken hurts / scary good PvE veno)

BM:

1. Minimus (seriously scary)
    2. Tamarlyn (Grandma kicks **** face it!)
    3. aBase / LadyMorgaine (just ow ow ow ow and ow, stop hitting me ! / Amazing all rounder)

Archer:

1. LadyMay (simply amazing to watch)
    2. Bobzl (not bad for an old timer)
    3. Sicrania (scary damage)

Cleric:

1. Sarunya (looking good and kicking **** shouldnt seemt his natural)
    2. LunaLunaris (deadly is sexy and vice versa)
    3. Celestelia / RavensOnyx (awesome gear and skills to match / Best PvE cleric ever!)

Barbarian:

1. RainyRice (no one should have this much HP coupled with ability)
    2. Templar (best all rounder)
    3. turook (good laugh, good player, great ability)

Psychic:

1. PsyPearl (best overall psy build i seen to date)
    2. Psychopath (great all rounder)
    3. Not sure no other names tend to stick out so far.

Assassin:

1. I_eat_fish (just scary scary damage)
    2. AssassinTime (brilliant all rounder)
    3. SammyStyle (great pvp sin)

Wizard:

1. Corennes (magnificent all rounder)
    2. Ayano_chan (the grand master, just wish he wasn't banned)
    3. Skuttlebut (a great veteran and great player)

OK i went out on a limb and now, i'm gonna hide in a corner to avoid being emberstormed (flamed) b:angry

Night night people
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't need no pdef, cos I got ... BOOM HEADSHOT !
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    can i choose based on whos the sexiest guy too? b:cute (i wouldnt mind a male beauty contest =D seriously lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    can i choose based on whos the sexiest guy too? b:cute (i wouldnt mind a male beauty contest =D seriously lol)

Mommy make a thread. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Veno:

1. Linchen (sexist veno ever master of all veno's)
    2. Evga (best damn man veno ever - i seen your music video telephone) b:shocked
    3. XCharm / Meliah (owwie flying chicken hurts / scary good PvE veno)

man veno? so linchen is female? 0.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    man veno? so linchen is female? 0.0
    witha very gruff voice and the sexiest face of all females in sanct. he .....she pwns all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    K so for tldr : QQ about 1 shots , high ref weaps , armors/ornaments not keeping up , blessings are **** .

Now for the long rant ( hey I'm not forcing you to read it ) :

Here's what I keep hearing and after looking into it , it's very much true . The constant " 1 shots" that are happening in the game , especially on older servers are things that mess up pvp allot . I guess it's the same for others as well but I'll stick to what I saw on sanc .

High refined weapons , lots of attack shards while defenses aren't that focused on .

What does this tell you ? The ppl who know a thing or 2 about pvp won't like the " 1 shot thing " . And what's to like about it ? There's no or very little skill involving them . Less thinking needed , less need for combos .

Hmm one example : old school PWI - to kill templar once or other decent geared barbs , alone in TW , when he was purged & amped I I needed to pull off something like a 3x spark + chi pot +the best 5 skill sutra combo I could do( mby I even crit once between ) while now , some1 could just " BIDS crit - 1 shot barb " . Get the picture less clicks,less thinking picture ?

Also blessings do nothing but ruin pvp , they need to be removed ASAP .

I fear the day RT's gonna get OP in gears and have to face same thing as every other server...1 shot fest . But thx to that fear , ppl come up with solutions & talk to each other more to try & figure out counters .

Now Q :*Oh but aya/pimp/mike (call me w/e) , I only see you QQing here! Don't you have anything helpful to say ? "

And A : Ofc there are solutions but it's far too expensive unless you're a really hardcore marketer or a heavy CSer . Ppl would need to have armors/ornaments on same refine level or almost on same as the weapon , all of them ( even then the blessings would still be bad ) which is extremely expensive since you need to refine 6 parts instead of just 1 .

I saw some bms here with full attack shards in armors which made me wanna facepalm , melee user that need's to soak up dmg in TW with full attack shards , too bad they won't get to use them .

Also ppl , should think more about sharding def lvl shards as well as high ornament refine ( not that sure in a ranged DD's case but for melees yes ) .

Old school PWI hp > def . New PWI def > hp .

There better not be any hidden meaning in that from our FC runs. b:chuckle

Ahem , ahem b:angry
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • SarahC - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Ahem , ahem b:angry

You divorced me for Scion, I need to steal Knully before Teddy does! b:dirty
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    i shard +2 defense lvl ^^ btw ayano... 4.5k kills ^^ i'll be your pvp score next tw ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    You divorced me for Scion, I need to steal Knully before Teddy does! b:dirty

SS or it didn't happen .

AND LOL @ your siggy !

Erm, that wasn't me b:avoid
    It's all about LoL,yo.
    edited August 2010
    i shard +2 defense lvl ^^ btw ayano... 4.5k kills ^^ i'll be your pvp score next tw ^^

Pro . Also , you're 11 months late , and I played 9 b:cute

And QQ , so much harder to get kills in TW as a bm , just 1k atm >< :D

EDIT : btw , here's a cool way to make money for those +2 def lvl gems & high refined armors/ornaments not to get 1 shot : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=813632
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Nadis - Sanctuary
    Nadis - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Sarah! Lets run away and get married before pimpy finds out about that FC! It worked for me and Byno. b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Regardless of how much defense sharding a BM focuses on, without the proper HP to go with it then defense shards will do very little. A BM with 8k-ish HP is an easy kill still. A 4-8% boost to defense (what I normally see on BM's with defense level gems) is not that huge a difference. This goes for any class really. I've seen clerics with all perfect garnets in their gear, yet they are pure magic and drop like flies. The only class that can really get away with defense level gems, without having to spend tons of money or be a merchant are barbs. This is just my opinion and I am sure plenty out there disagree.

As you mentioned PvP has turned into a "one-shot" crit contest. Atm I have 14% crit, where now most wizards can easily have 20%+ crit with event gear and other non-sense. Seems slightly unbalanced to give a nuking CC class the potential to drop a super nuke in 1 out of every 4 attacks.

But to each their own. I am sure for some BM's, having those attack or defense shards suits what they are trying to accomplish in game. I personally wouldn't bother defense/attack level shards unless I had 9.5k hp unbuffed, which I think is nice padding since most crits that land on me (barring wiz 59 skills) are around the 7-8k range. Until then, will shard HP until I see better reason to do otherwise.
  • PrettySammy - Sanctuary
    PrettySammy - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I gotta admit you got a point here strife, even lately with pk I have been 1 shooting some people as well as being one shotted by Andium, risingdragon, BigP (obviously Armageddon), and a few others.

Things is even without event gear like say the heavenrage boots holy helmet cube/warsong belt/necky and lunar rings, people can still get the pwi teacher rings as do some damage.

To be honest im an average person at pvp with poor to average gear, wep is +7 which it pretty much it. Yet even I have delivered 16 - 21k crits in the last few days.

I'm neither boasting nor QQing just saying that when I played for all this time I didn't really expect endgame to turn out this way. Aya tends to make a good point as well. I mean what would happen if say a wizzie had 2 piece nirvana, jones blessing, 10 tiger shards and a +12 warsoul wep. Thats like +100 or something attack level. I mean what would be the point if that happened, it basically PWI god mode.

I still play, I do miss TW, cos for me its the people who make the game. But as far as gear and forward planning go its a bad reflection on the devs.

Anyhow thats my 2 cents, i'm looking forward to this weeks TW matchups.

Night folks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't need no pdef, cos I got ... BOOM HEADSHOT !
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Hmm one example : old school PWI - to kill templar once or other decent geared barbs , alone in TW , when he was purged & amped I I needed to pull off something like a 3x spark + chi pot +the best 5 skill sutra combo I could do( mby I even crit once between ) while now , some1 could just " BIDS crit - 1 shot barb " . Get the picture less clicks,less thinking picture ?

People can 1 shot Templar only if he allow them to do so b:angry

2d62107fef.jpg
  • Akyta - Sanctuary
    Akyta - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    as much as i wnna say myself as best barb (lol) gotta give it to rainy/_juio :O beast barbssss D<. one day..one day >:O

best bm.. hmm. Ps_GG and BBX :O pro's
    cleric: juju i guess..
    archer: linnkotsu!!! :D
    wiz: ayano :o
    sin: fish
    psy: dunno any of em ;D
    veno: majou? hahahahaahhahaahah nahh prolly akasera or something

all i can come up with atm ;) baii b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010

Also ppl , should think more about sharding def lvl shards as well as high ornament refine ( not that sure in a ranged DD's case but for melees yes ) .

Old school PWI hp > def . New PWI def > hp .

I'd say that isn't the case for most ranged DD classes.

In most cases, these classes don't have the HP to benefit much from +2 Def Lvl stones. Considering the alternative +10 vit stones/citrine gems, I would say that it is much more effective to shard those instead.

Look at it this way: +2 DL x 4 per armor (yes, this is assuming every armor is 4 socketed) = +8 DL which is roughly an 8% damage reduction. However, if one were to substitute four +10 vit stones you would get +40 vit which gives 400HP on Wiz/Veno/Psy and 520HP on Archers. Now, for that 8% reduction to reduce that amount of damage: 400/520 (After factoring in enemy AL and gears of both players), it would take several hits for the 8% to overcome the added health benefits. While a Barb or BM might sometimes be able to survive several hits, a low HP caster or Archer would not. A low HP caster/Archer/Sin would die too quickly to notice the benefits of the +2 DL stones. Even for perfect citrine shards, the +248 HP, imo, is more effective than the 8% reduction.

The point is, while the Barb may have enough HP for the damage reduction to overcome the added health, ranged DD classes definitely do not.

Of course, this becomes complicated if you have a heavily CSed and highly refined character in which case, it would be difficult to say whether defense stones are worth it or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]