How to survive this game without a Herc

Options
123457»

Comments

• XmasBunny_ - Archosaur
    XmasBunny_ - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    They day i start playing as a veno i told myself that i am not going to have a herc on my team. i do not wan to waste $ on some yellow color thing in my screen, i rather spend the money on food. Surely you can survive the high end level without a herc. Herc ARE the fail boutique items. Having a herc dosen't mean your a fail. Your a fail when you have a herc and you dunno how to play the class properly. No offense but i have met venos with herc im bhs and they don't even know how to lure. Once i met this veno and i told her i would lure the mob around the boss and she think i am luring going to a boss who cannot even move and she ran into the boss with all the minions chasing her and everyone died, she scolded me. She lured and failed badly and made some of us dead, again, with a herc.( this was like a loooong time ago and i still rmb it ) So this show that even if you have a herc, it dose not mean that you have the knowledge on how to play it

i know a herc veno who usually pulls with her genie... ofc genies fail sometimes, we all know that... and sometimes ppl die cause of that... so yh learn what's your role in a squad regardless u having an herc or not.
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    to farm money for sof u would need to be lvl 73ish and do tt 2-1, before that i dont even suggest to farm money on sof in any diff ways. took me around 3 weeks to get herc when gold price was 500k, and i nonstop farmed tt about 6 days in those 3 weeks, rest of the days i spent selling tt mats. im propably gonna make another herc veno for fun, i get tired when people say its impossible to get herc without spending rl money.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Seriously do they have the time or are they not stuck spam healing (which requires little skill)?

Maybe you have forgotten how to is to play with normal pets.
    I always do AOE grinding/questing and I have enough time to debuff and attacks mobs. I don't sit there spam healing my pet. Sure, I can't take 10 or 15 or 20 mobs at the same time and sometimes by accident I lure 7+ mobs then I need to heal more often and if things get too tight my pets dies, I have to run away. I learn my lesson and not do it again.
    Whether it is 5 or 10 or 15 mobs it doesn't matter. If you know the limits of your pet you can successfully do a really fun AOE grinding without just sitting there to spam heal pet. 5 more mobs won't give you any more experience on how to AOE grind.
    I have done AOE grinding with a Hercules before so I'm not talking non-sense.

@Ermosa I agree with you. It sure is more time consuming that before (20mil then -> 70mil now) but it is possible to get a Hercules with in-game coins. I believe this will also give you a bigger satisfaction that you have achieved a goal.
    I'm neutral with people who QQ about it though. That's just me.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    @Solandri; I agree, tab targetting is not the best implemented of tools, although it's not that bad as long as you remember to face in the mob's general direction. It will usually (not always) bring up the mobs that your pet is engaged with first. However since you must remember to attack each mob hitting your pet it is something of a moot point for those of us who have to do without Reflect. In my experience it's five status that are important to mind with regular pets, especially when dealing with multiple elites; Sac Assault, Increased Damage, Increased Life, Increased Phys Res and Increased Mag Res. Increased Mag Attack i can usually ignore since both my pets have good mag res but i could see it being trouble for some venos. Sac Assault can be devastating for regular pets when dealing with multiples, and Incresed Damage can add enough hurt you'll be stuck spam healing if you don't mind it. Increased Life is very convenient to catch early on, both in order to apply Dots and to mind aggro. Inc Phys Res makes you loose aggro fast as a caster and Inc Mag Res means a much slower kill and that it may be convenient to go fox and use regular attacks. On a regular pet, taking on 2-3 elites already means you're spam healing, you may be able to take on a fourth (depends on mob and what pet you're using) but this pretty much means you'll be able to do nothing else. This makes it very important to take full advantage of oportunities skills like Tough or Threaten may give you, especially in the latter case as you want to apply it on the right mob. I'll agree when dealing with regular mobs you should be killing fast enough special status becomes much less important.

@Tweakz; I may have misunderstood what point you were trying to make and actually very much agree with much of your last spot. I don't believe skill has anything to do with what pets you use and will even grant you an incompetent veno is less of a headache if he/she is using an herc. However i'll still take an experienced veno using regular pets over one lacking skill even if he/she is in possesion of an herc.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ^^We all remember your thread about the sawfly which is full of I hate to be mean but fail and your post has no value to it what so ever.It is you are to lazey to farm for coins or don't want to fork out the money to help support the game to buy a Herc or Nix.

The only way to survive with out a Herc is to have good pet bag and rely on other to help get you through the game especially Clerics and Barbs.The only thing a high lvled Veno can do is still do the luring and forget about soloing TT Golems will just die easy.

btw.I can see squad failing and me(Clerics) working harder to keep squads alive if you get any more involved and decide on letting your golem do the tanking and attracting aggro.Let the Barb do the tanking if non herc Venos die becasue of this I will revive you when I have time or when the Barb has killed the boss.

It is not a waste of time it is an investment to gain a Legendary Pet.

Don't misunderstad me..i play another server aswell^^ and i now see what ya peps waste ur life on^^ lol support a game that make u **** in ur head if u play 2 much..its fine use a bit but over 200dollar LOl is crazy...this game alredy got my sis foooked in her head .she don't work..or do anything else. xD 2-4hr a day is ok but some ppl are 24/7. LOL

If u can't understad that 2 much expesive gameing is not good..maybe have to stop play see the real world!..a game must be used by respect. this game probby made for ppl to play w they are bored..and always cost a bit to have this game up..thats why gms what ya peps to waste a bit coins on it..Its ok

But some ppl waste 400dollar + a week LOL they waste all their work/food money + play 24/7..its not good..those ppl can maybe never get a normal life xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • Aidenia - Sanctuary
    Aidenia - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Don't misunderstad me..i play another server aswell^^ and i now see what ya peps waste ur life on^^ lol support a game that make u **** in ur head if u play 2 much..its fine use a bit but over 200dollar LOl is crazy...this game alredy got my sis foooked in her head .she don't work..or do anything else. xD 2-4hr a day is ok but some ppl are 24/7. LOL

That maybe a private server who knows what tinkering they have done with the game and I have seen Mysti play really well with her Herc.She doesn't play to much as to being much more older adult then you reason to get a Herc things go more faster than with a another pet.