All Path BM- Pure Blademaster

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I know Maelael is in the process of working with the GMs to get the BM forums updated and organized. Adding more stickies at this point would just create more clutter and more confusion as to which stickies are current. If we have 10 stickies posted there will be so many opinion contained in them no one will bother to read them so I Maelael is working on cleaning that up and organizing a thread with stickies catagorized by PvE, Aoe guides, Gear guides, PvP, Genie... And I think my guide will be featured in that :D
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Saku - this one is definitely part of the plan.

Please review what you have posted in case there are any changes in content or format you wanna make?
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    ...so I Maelael is working on cleaning that up and organizing a thread with stickies catagorized by PvE, Aoe guides, Gear guides, PvP, Genie... And I think my guide will be featured in that :D

That sounds suspiciously familiar...
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2012
    That sounds suspiciously familiar...

Haha I take it you did the same thing with the Archer forums?

Btw were stealing some of your formatting ideas :P
  • Nigoshi - Raging Tide
    Nigoshi - Raging Tide Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Not sure if someone else mentioned it but when you brought up fist -
    Fist only have one aoe (cyclone heel)

we have two actually, cyclone heel being one and Dragon's Breath Bash (aoe in a straight line) being the other.

Pre-morai the demon version of the skill was a 360 degree aoe, similar to that of cyclone heel just the animation was a tad faster with a bit of flame on the end, after morai was released the skill animation reverted to the lvl 1-10 animation and became a line aoe.
    Wait...Wait...There will be large posterior wenches?! -Impatiens

youtube.com/NigoshiPwiRT - Blademaster PvP videos and TW
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    b:avoid bump and go
  • Sltryder - Lost City
    Sltryder - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    sage cyclone heel is 20 secs long so the best way i have found is to use cyclobne then sage spark. this way you get all of your spark bonus. that and lvl 1 wind shield is good. i did go sage BM before anni packs and before interval since i was a axe/hammer BM i wish i would of went demon but oh well life sucks.

and sue to r8 recast it is possible to be 5.0 sage without sparking but with the OP ness of R9 axes why would you want that?
  • EternalCharm - Dreamweaver
    EternalCharm - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    This was all very helpful for me being my first character and all. Nice job explaining all of the armor and weapons and such for the forum! b:thanks
  • quemax
    quemax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    the Buddha's Guard is pretty much useless to use just on ur self except for the 5% heal reason being is that dmg reduction stops at 90% and this skill should push it beyond so its a skill taht u should use in squads with mag class when they are in a tight spot againg melee class
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    quemax wrote: »
    the Buddha's Guard is pretty much useless to use just on ur self except for the 5% heal reason being is that dmg reduction stops at 90% and this skill should push it beyond so its a skill taht u should use in squads with mag class when they are in a tight spot againg melee class

That's a good point. I wrote this guide over two years ago and stayed vague on Buddha's Guard because I didn't want to add an opinion on something I didn't have yet.

Buddha's Guard will raise your pdef by 1000% but you don't recieve any more damage reduction beyond 90% reduction. 90% pdef reduction occurs at about 35k defense, so even though I have about 85k when using Buddha's Guard the extra 50k defense doesn't count. Some consider this a glitch, others consider this an intentional game boundary.

For most 100+ casters Buddha's Guard will put them right around 30-40k pdef, which is perfect because it still maxes their reduction at 90%, too.

It has its obvious uses in TW. I like to use it in PvE when bubble drops.

Another fun use is the Genie skill Balance can be used after you use BG. Then you will have 70k+ pdef for 10 seconds, 60k+ mdef absorbing shield for 6 seconds, 5% heal, and are immune to stun for 6 seconds.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • stealthxbomber
    stealthxbomber Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Another fun use is the Genie skill Balance can be used after you use BG. Then you will have 70k+ pdef for 10 seconds, 60k+ mdef absorbing shield for 6 seconds, 5% heal, and are immune to stun for 6 seconds.

Would it be too much of a derail to talk in here about my genie predicament involving Balance?
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Would it be too much of a derail to talk in here about my genie predicament involving Balance?

You'd probably get more responses with its own thread and a proper title, since being post 80+ people won't see it. Also, TheDan would probably help if he saw the genie title and he is excellent at prioritizing genie skill needs.
  • Swagger_dagg - Lost City
    Swagger_dagg - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    nicee
  • Xiaran - Archosaur
    Xiaran - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thx for the guide. boosted alot of confidence and helped alotb:pleased
  • Mi$$y - Sanctuary
    Mi$$y - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for building this guide. :D Shall help me a lot.
  • Rigs_Healing - Archosaur
    Rigs_Healing - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just started my 3rd toon...a BM...and was a little out of my comfort zone. My other two toons were totally different (cleric & archer) so this has been a god-send for me. Thanks for all the info. b:victory b:thanks
  • Covary - Raging Tide
    Covary - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Just wondering what weapons are available when leveling up a BM?
    Does anyone recall which quests(and which level) they reward weapons? I"m currently 31 right now using a level 19 quest reward poleblade.... :(
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Just wondering what weapons are available when leveling up a BM?
    Does anyone recall which quests(and which level) they reward weapons? I"m currently 31 right now using a level 19 quest reward poleblade.... :(

Beyond the fb19 poleaxe there aren't many reward weapons that I can remember. There's a bow in the 50's that is alright I guess.

If you have a higher level character you can do tiger event and get the celestial badges and trade them for level 30 axes at General Summer that are very nice. Also, if you have a higher level, you can do the Divine Emissary quests and use those to at the Divine Emissary of the Void to trade for weapons without needing the mold. If you don't have a higher level you won't start getting Divine Order quests until around level 40 and it'll take multiple blue/purple quests to save up for the molds.
  • krynnos
    krynnos Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Really nice guide you made here :D

I'm an all-path demon bm lvl 101 (on pve server tho) and i wanna help with this guide if i can ^^

Could you maybe update Morai skills into this thread please? b:thanks

I've only learned Reckless Rush so far and i'm pretty dissappointed at the short range and low damage >.>

Good 1v1 boss combo for demon bm is: Triple Spark > Cloud Eruption (genie skill) > HF > equip fists
  • Nalvaes - Raging Tide
    Nalvaes - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I love using all 4 skill trees...(I have 7 wepaons in my invy all the time) Each weapon has it's own advantage which i love to show off >b:cool

Also...Most of the Morai skills are for PvP, but Sword Cyclone(and blade cyclone at lv100) is pretty useful for things like FC or just getting through stunspams

Will of Bodhi and then cyclone keeps immobilize and stun off you, pretty useful i'd say b:shy On top of that, if you use cloud sprint before cyclone you'll go at full speed in a spinning torrent of death! >:D

I haven't seen alot of other Blademaster's that use all 4 trees though b:cry
    Chaos is an ally not something to avoid...After all, how can your foes stand up to you if they have no idea what your next move will be?

Gear and weapons may make strong opponents but even a strong foe can be felled by the right tactics...
  • B_R_B_ - Sanctuary
    B_R_B_ - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    tyb:victory
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Morai/AEU skills have been added. Thanks for the support guys.
  • RetchedCat - Archosaur
    RetchedCat - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Reserved

who are the six?b:cry
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My little BM is 52 and I would like to know what and when I get this Hf? I saw the name for it before but I completely forgot it b:surrender *hides* please don't hurt me b:avoid

Maybe you should put next to what ever Hf is so newbs like me wouldn't have ask over and over and over and over and over again b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    My little BM is 52 and I would like to know what and when I get this Hf? I saw the name for it before but I completely forgot it b:surrender *hides* please don't hurt me b:avoid

Maybe you should put next to what ever Hf is so newbs like me wouldn't have ask over and over and over and over and over again b:surrender

Best resource in the world on skills:

http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012

Best resource in the world on skills:

http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php

Ok thank you b:thanks but only answers one out of two of my questions. Which one is called Hf?

And a new question popped into my head xD why is it called Hf? b:puzzled

Sorry for all of the newb questions b:chuckle Just want to be a good BM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kalish - Lost City
    Kalish - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Heaven's Flame is HF. The reason it's called HF should be blatantly obvious given that information b:cute
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Heaven's Flame is HF. The reason it's called HF should be blatantly obvious given that information b:cute

Ohhhh b:beatup b:embarrass I thought it was a different name lol sorry b:chuckle Thank you b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good guide Saku. I have never played a BM in depth myself and found it quite informative.

I also finally got to find out the name of the skill I wish more BMs would use, Meteor Rush. It is great for pushing mobs into others zhen (Vortex/DB/BoA), especially in instances like delta and lunar. I have seen wizards and have taught other archers to use a similar tactic, but this job seems ideally suited to the BM due to Meteor Rush's low cd, long knockback range and the BM's fast movement skills.

This frees up the BM to focus on using axe skills to aoe and HF to increase squad mate damage. Better to have the entire squad focusing on aoeing the mobs than to have the sin/bm/barb out running after the ranged ones. :D

Similarly ranged DDs should try to aggro/kill the ranged ones to keep the melees in BB range, but that is probably information for another topic. :D

Again, great guide Saku.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    Good guide Saku. I have never played a BM in depth myself and found it quite informative.

I also finally got to find out the name of the skill I wish more BMs would use, Meteor Rush. It is great for pushing mobs into others zhen (Vortex/DB/BoA), especially in instances like delta and lunar. I have seen wizards and have taught other archers to use a similar tactic, but this job seems ideally suited to the BM due to Meteor Rush's low cd, long knockback range and the BM's fast movement skills.

This frees up the BM to focus on using axe skills to aoe and HF to increase squad mate damage. Better to have the entire squad focusing on aoeing the mobs than to have the sin/bm/barb out running after the ranged ones. :D

Similarly ranged DDs should try to aggro/kill the ranged ones to keep the melees in BB range, but that is probably information for another topic. :D

Again, great guide Saku.

Atmos strike works too. However, it comes down to a few things:

1. Is it going to be more efficient to just drop those mobs out of range?
    2. Do you have a sin taking those out?
    3. Is your time better spent aoeing the main group to get those down faster instead of pushing 1-2 mobs into DB/Barrage/Vortex Range?

Now I used to utilize pushbacks in RB (I don't do RB anymore since they nerfed the coin rewards). I would do pushbacks the AOE DD is strong enough to make it worth my time, or there is enough mobs to push back. Really in many cases I do enough damage to drop said runners easy. However, if it is a big enough group and aggro is right, I can line enough of them up with Meteor and get em all back into AOE. If your DD power is not as good as the AOErs, it is efficient to use pushback if you utilize it well.

In Lunar, unless some idiot pushes the mobs out of range I have the mobs grouped well to the point its not needed. Everything there is pullable in 1-2 pulls and does group well unless you're doing other paths...and it's still not hard to get them in close enough to drop them in those other paths. Really it's more of a pull strategy there, its not the same as all the runners in RB. If your puller sucks or something goes wrong - yea go for this.

I really like atmos and meteor for warsong pavillion defends though. It makes head management very easy when combined with smack.