AOE Party &.. ?

Yukies - Harshlands
Yukies - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Hi Guys,
As I came from MY-EN server (i played there 2 years ago), I saw that here there's no way to make an AOE party for level up. I made some calculation and it's not really so expensive than people who does oracle oracle oracle oracle the whole time. With Hyper exp also, you can have a nice exp and let your exhaustion time finishing when you're at school/work. Why people don't want form them?
After 80, before 85-90, FC is also a big way to experience but it's the only way if you want level fast. AOE parties are really more easy (true, you don't get fabulous drops from mobs, but still some coins and drops yes) and there is a fast recharge of mobs in some spots.
I'm lv 82, i tried FC some times but most of people usually cannot play his character, probably cause they've experienced not so much with it. Barbs can't tank, DDs can't keep their damage and some cleric use the "uh sorry was afk" to cover the way they can't heal, but all that just for un-experience.
In Aoe there's no experience you need and maybe an easier way for exp to whom have some money to spend instead oracleing (i saw also at lv 80+ they oracle =__= in the spot =_= ). Well, if a person is noob you can do how many FCs you want, but will be noob anyway b:chuckle
I was wondering why people can spend lot of money for fashion, mounts, dies, and they might not have money for repair, mana pots or Crazy Stone quest - it's really similar to the real life. People got money for nice cars and dress, but won't pay at bank their credit card. Sorry for the OT and my bad english, I would like to talk with you about AOE party AND this crazy way of life in PWi.

Thank you for attention ^_^

Yukies
Post edited by Yukies - Harshlands on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    cause its a game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Yukies - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Well it's a game also in MY-EN server and it's a game also for those who pass the whole day orcaleing. They want paying more huh.
  • Reysassin - Heavens Tear
    Reysassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    well, the only problem with aoe grinding (used to be called zhenning in these parts but havent heard that term in ages) is that its a no-no by some technicality. don't ask me to quote where it says so in the terms and services or even where on the forum, but i guess its against the rules to have more than one or 2 continuous aoe's up at the same time out on the regular map. mainly because people tended to set up the party then everyone go afk except for the unlucky sap that got to be the bait to draw the mobs in.

as far as group grinding for exp after level 80, i don't know that anyone found any mobs that made it worth the time. now killing fish in the sea of isolation while on an eso or hyper... still good to get from 80-90.
    ReYVynN-93 barb (semi-retired)
    Reysassin-8X assassin (semi-actively levelling til sage/demon skills drop)
    Sbiggs-54 veno
    and others to remain unlisted...

"What is best in life?"
    "Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And here the lamentation of their women."

"Oracles... wtf are oracles..? I'm here to play the game, not power level through it so i can call other people noobs..."
  • Yukies - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    I didn't knew it was illegal in Terms and Conditions b:surrender
  • Cannibuss - Heavens Tear
    Cannibuss - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    its not.. this dudes dumb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a little dysfunctional, Don't you know?
    If you push me, It might be bad
    Get a little emotional, Don't you know?
    You could fool around and make me mad

Cannibuss can achieve invisibility and dismember opponents with no warning. By the time you see him, your eyes may no longer be connected to your face.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited June 2010

''gaining experience points while AFK'' is (or used to be, I dunno) against the ToS.

Though I've never heard of anyone getting banned for it and zhen used to be abundant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Its been said several times gaining exp, and also drops while afk is a no-no. So really you shouldn't be afk during tt bosses either. though it has also been said its ok to quickly run afk to say grab a drink or some food. but zhenning is not bannable, its just its not commonly done anymore.
  • Yukies - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    ah well thank you for answering, i thought I said something very wrong >_<
    edited June 2010

thanks for your valuable input there. care to say something else a bit more intelligent next time.

and yes, i have seen a 3 day ban resulting from repeated warnings about afk aoe grinding. try and get some info before you go insulting people. or better yet just ****. it may not be against the official ToS (and I NEVER said it was), but its a no-no as handed down from the GM's, you know the people that are paid to enforce rules in the game.
    Sbiggs-54 veno

"What is best in life?"
    "Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And here the lamentation of their women."

"Oracles... wtf are oracles..? I'm here to play the game, not power level through it so i can call other people noobs..."
  • Yukies - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    And what if the AOE party plays hours and hours but none of the member is afk?
    edited June 2010
    then there may be an exception made, but i doubt the gm will continuously monitor it. most likely would tell you to break it up and move along.
    Sbiggs-54 veno

"What is best in life?"

edited June 2010
    thanks for your valuable input there. care to say something else a bit more intelligent next time.

and yes, i have seen a 3 day ban resulting from repeated warnings about afk aoe grinding. try and get some info before you go insulting people. or better yet just ****. it may not be against the official ToS (and I NEVER said it was), but its a no-no as handed down from the GM's, you know the people that are paid to enforce rules in the game.

in your post you said nothing about being afk. you were tlaking about being against the tos to have more than 1 or 2 aoes up. lulz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cannibuss can achieve invisibility and dismember opponents with no warning. By the time you see him, your eyes may no longer be connected to your face.
    edited June 2010
    again, where did i say that it definitely was against the ToS. all that i said was that to my knowledge it was against the rules in one way or another. oh yeah, and read my first post again, i do so say something about people going afk. now, care to try and call me dumb again or are you just gonna leave your foot in your mouth this time? your ignorance shows me that you know approximately jack squat about the game a year or more ago which is what i was referring to. or is you one of them big baddies that feel the need to hide behind an alt account because everyone hates you no matter where you go?

how bout next time you decide to go runnin your moronic mouth, know what the hell you're talking about and back it up before you go insulting someone. its not my damn fault your mommy didnt love you enough so you feel the need to call people dumb. and honestly, if thats all the better you can come up wtih... go back to fourth grade and learn how to insult someone properly
    Sbiggs-54 veno

"What is best in life?"

• Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    then there may be an exception made, but i doubt the gm will continuously monitor it. most likely would tell you to break it up and move along.

Actually the GMs send you PMs that you must respond to. If everyone is at their KB, its considered ok and they wont break it up. They specifically did say that its considered a form of botting if you go afk, and that makes it "exploiting game features for something unintended" as well as "botting" (basically yes, you can do it without an external program, but they have a clause, or many, in the ToS about not going out of the intended means of the mechanics). So it is ok, if you dont go extended AFK, but if you do, then its not OK.
    or is you one of them big baddies that feel the need to hide behind an alt account because everyone hates you no matter where you go?

I believe his main account is either forum banned, or fully banned, i'm not sure. His signature gives away who he used to be (he even said in another thread its the signature pic he used to used). I dont know if he changed at all, but he at least used to be, one of the biggest forum trolls there was.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, afk grinding is bannable.

AOE grinding is basically boring. And running frost is a lot more popular.

Though we've ended up doing it a couple of times kinda by default - start grabbing quest mobs, make a slip up, cleric panics and bubbles - soon enough we're throwing our AOEs and the archer puts up a barrage and then it's just fetch the mobs as quick as you can.

So it does happen sometimes.
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    or is you one of them big baddies that feel the need to hide behind an alt account because everyone hates you no matter where you go?

Technically, it's an alt account, but at the same time, it's not an alt account. His main was banned in forums & in game a while back. As Darksylph has stated, he was one of the biggest forum trolls around during his "time" and he seems to be at it again.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
    edited June 2010
    Thank you Sylph for clarifying for me. sometimes it gets a bit rough to put the full coherent thought together when i'm in the middle of a 3 day migraine spell
    Sbiggs-54 veno

"What is best in life?"

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Wow... look at all you PvE server nubs get all out of hand arguing about this ****.

Umm... if you go afk while zhenning on a PvP server on the open map, you'll most likely soon be dead.

You don't afk outside of safe zone on a PvP server. lol Especially at a common zhen area where there is player quest activity.

/thread
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Wow... look at all you PvE server nubs get all out of hand arguing about this ****.

Umm... if you went afk while zhenning on a PvP server on the open map, you often found yourself dead.

You didn't afk outside of safe zone on a PvP server. lol Especially at a common zhen area where there was player quest activity.

/thread

Fixed it for you. It is very rare to see anyone grinding anywhere on the map. Kinda weird though. At 6x-7x the EXP rate on thieves is not bad, and at 2x the drops are insane too.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited June 2010
    Fixed it for you. It is very rare to see anyone grinding anywhere on the map. Kinda weird though. At 6x-7x the EXP rate on thieves is not bad, and at 2x the drops are insane too.

lol. Actually activity on the world map has been picking up on Lost City. Most of the quest areas actually have people killing quest mobs again. Yeah, kinda strange, but nice.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    lol. Actually activity on the world map has been picking up on Lost City. Most of the quest areas actually have people killing quest mobs again. Yeah, kinda strange, but nice.

Cool. I wish that had happened on Sanct too. But I guess it is more fun to kill mobs AND PK people than just kill mobs.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Just to clarify:

Zhenning (dragging masses of mobs into AoE attacks for quick Exp/SP/coin/drops accumulation) is perfectly legal.

AFK "grinding" is not legal.

Zhenning =/= AFK grinding

Anyways, the reason why you don't see zhenning much anymore is because there are so many other ways to gain Exp & SP that are a bit safer and easier.
  • Extreeme - Lost City
    Extreeme - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    hmm this is a way to bring back zhenning http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760112
    (self advertisement not included)
    Keep on troli'n.b:victory
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Fishing parties tend to gain more xp per hour than zhen parties anyways. Only people who benefit from zhen more, are the barbs and melee who can't effectively kill in a fish party. At least in the 8X and early 9X range.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
    edited June 2010

oh wtf... because we deicde to roll on a pve server, you're automatically better than us? how does the fact that we may actually want to play the story side of the game without worrying about getting ganked every time we turn around make us nubs? get the hell over yourself.

and what in the nine bloody **** does pve/pvp have anything to do with the op's question?

how were we out of hand and arguing? everyone seems to be pretty much in agreement, jsut more clarity to my original answer. sorry if i defended myself against a few asses that have nothing better to do than insult me for no good reason other than they... well, have nothing better to do. (yes thats you included) if its pointless **** like you implied, gtfo of the thread and find something more relevant to the way you play to troll. have a nice day

and as far as zhenning =/= afk grinding... personal experience, never seen a zhen party where the dd's and cleric(s) werent afk for at least 75% of the time. granted this surely isn;t true in a lot of cases, but for the most part, thats what drew most dd's/clerics to the act of zhenning. 'i'ma get a bunch of exp while i go to work/school/hockey practice/etc'
    Sbiggs-54 veno

"What is best in life?"

edited June 2010
    u mad brah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2010
    oh wtf... because we deicde to roll on a pve server, you're automatically better than us?

*snip*
    /blah blah blah

Umm... LOOK AT THE OP'S SERVER. LOOK AT HIS QUESTION. LOOK AT THE RESPONSES. HURR DE DURR.

Read your first response and stop spreading misinformation. Zhenning is a perfectly legitimate squad activity. Botting or going afk while earning exp is NOT ok. You don't afk out of safe zone on a PvP server. 1+1=2.

/thread
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    _Ghostz_ - Archosaur Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Sadly this whole thread reminds me of the good oh Days and how even know people are becoming nubish simply because they can pay their levels a mean a prime example is saying Zhenning is Botting??

Are you serious right now? For off its not botting primary because botting you can do none stop without being their day in and day out while Zhenning is a fight of the MP charms. You cannot zhen for more then 2-3 hours tops with 1 charm on, even an archer with lvl 1 barrage kills a Gold MP charm in about 2 1/2 hours at most so they cannot afk for long at all considering they would have to change charms.

Second off, if you were ever on a pvp server you would know to never go outside SZ and afk because people LOVE to mess up Zhens (was one of my personal favorite things, Kill the clerics and watch people fall lol) and Going out of SZ as a white name opening up an aoe on someone can lead to you dropping things (Run in the middle of their zhen, turn them Purple, then kill and look for drops).

And last but not least, if this was in any form against the rules, Pretty much every old player (pre september of last year) would have been banned numerous times if not perma-banned because that was they way to level 60-75 (or when you got into gamma squads) and if we are in fact still here, it is still legal.

And to top it all off, its quite sad that even as a walk some servers, I dont see a zhen squad in sight yet everyone is in an Oracle spot QQing about KSing and people breaking out in wars over an Oracle spot when you can do Quests? Really?

I dont know anymore but I do know that I miss the good Oh days, and yes I have cash shopped as you can see (9x on an newly openned server) but I would take the Ol days of doing things then these QQ/nubish way of life anyday.... At least people would know about their class, how to play this game effectively, and have more drops circulating around the servers again...

Cheers to the Good Ol' Days

~Ghost
    Just don't. This is your final warning.
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If you're zhenning w/ a charm, you're paying pwi. They go a little lax on the rules there.

IF you're zhenning w/ pots, your not afk; not bannable.

the reason why people don't zhen anymore: hyper frost might actually be more effective; solo AOE grinding is a little slower, but still more effective and cheaper; bh is fast, effective, and cheap.
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
    edited June 2010
    where does the OP say anything in his post about the dangers of aoe grinding on a pvp server? the whole pvp/pve discussion never made it into the thread til you brought it up Michael... and how does the fact that i rolled on a server to play the game disallow me to post in a general discussion thread? by the logic you're using, the op should have posted this in the pvp ponderings or even better, server symposium section of the forums, the latter of which would mean (OH SNAP!!) that you don't have any damn right to reply either

I'm so frakkin tired of playerrs on here that think theyre better than other people because of the server they chose. I play this game because it actually has a fairly enjoyable story behind it. if i want to pvp i'll go play a fps. so where in the hell do you get the right to insult any of us that are from pve servers? compensating for your own shortcomings, perhaps? take it somewhere else.

now back on topic, i never meant to say that aoe grinding is in itself a bannable act. although, afk aoe-grinding is in one way or another a no-no. like i said in an earlier post i have seen people recieve a 3 day ban for doing it. the op asked why people don't do it anymore but would instead run frost nonstop. simply put the experience is better. and as much as i liked fishing on my barb (the joys of being a loot gatherer) i havent seen an actual fishing party on HT since hypers came out (again frost seems a better gain to most people)

and for the record, back in the day before people stopped zhenning, i never once saw a squad that didnt have at least 2 people afk for over half of a 2 hour session. like i said, dinner, chores, hockey practice, you name it. being a lure, i was the only one that didnt afk through a good chunk of it
    Sbiggs-54 veno

"What is best in life?"