How do venomancers make money?

gammazare
gammazare Posts: 54 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Venomancer
I hear from a lot of people that venomancers are insanely rich, I don't see how they can make more money than any other class, can they do something that other classes can't? If so I really want to know
Thanks
Post edited by gammazare on

Comments

• Myvenoalt - Lost City
    Myvenoalt - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    We can solo TT with Herc = we keep all mats = money. b:cute
    I use this character to post in the forum.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:chuckle I'm a n00b and been on for about a week. It's not that hard to see why venomancers are a great way to get money. Venomancers are the only class that can tame monsters. Collecting a few of the rares grants the All Class pets, which are the only way other classes can obtain a usable pet. Hence they sell high to show hard work/rarity/money.

there are other pets but here are just some.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Selecting_a_pet
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    how do veno's make money?

hand over fist over pet's hand over pet's fist.

(it really helps that we have basically no repair bills. i go out and grind, go back to town when my inventory's full --- gotta think about an inventory stone, seriously, my grinding sessions are way too short without one --- sell the stuff i gathered, then click "repair all" and i'm surprised if i have to pay more than three digits.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I make money a small bit easier than other classes I guess...but only with the two cs pets. With normal pets... the benefits won't be so huge.

1. I don't have to spend money on repairs. I don't really use pots because the nix is the main DD. I only occasionally use hp potions if I'm getting swarmed or something.

2. I can do TT solo with a herc. ; )

I'm not gonna lie I DID farm 20m from TT back when harshlands was a couple months old...but I don't know if you can do that now. Back then I was able to sell ancient serp skins for 400k a pop...the dementora deminsic drops would sell for around 300k. b:shocked
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Vending like everyone else.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • sfhuda
    sfhuda Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This is obviously a n00b question. Please don't use confusing terms if you really want to help.

solo TT with Herc
    mats
    hand over fist over pet's hand over pet's fist.
    but only with the two cs pets
    Vending like everyone else
    (vend what kind of stuff?)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    TT - Twilight Temple (60+ instance where bosses drop mats (materials) to make exceptional equipment.
    Herc - baby Hercules (legendary/cs (cash shop) pet)
    two cs pets - baby Hercules and baby blazing phoenix
    vending - whatever you can sell for more than you buy/obtain it for (or in the case of mats and DQ (dragon quest) items, whatever you can sell to players for more than you can sell to NPCs.) Sorry, this tends to change depending on what other players are doing, so it's hard to be specific.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear
    _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ...venos were rich. -.-''
    when solo a 3-1 was good if u see time spent/coins earned.
    Atm, with 2x, ppl prefer run all tt with squads, and tt mats price is gone down.
    The only way to make a lot of coins is reaching lvl 100, get herc, get bless scroll, teach him blessing of the packs skill and go solo 3-2, 3-3, and some wb. ^_^
    And so, just spend all ur life on the game ;)

the only way, atm, to make money, for veno as for all other characters is buying low, selling high.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    gammazare wrote: »
    I hear from a lot of people that venomancers are insanely rich, I don't see how they can make more money than any other class, can they do something that other classes can't? If so I really want to know
    Thanks

just like everyone else.
    A while ago, before the anni pack gear, Venos were the playa' when it came down to ingame money.
    Now since everyone and their grandmother can 5aps permaspak bosses in TT, archers, Sins and BMs can solo a TT at least 3-4 times faster than a veno with herc and of course, that means more income. There are charm/event food costs, but those are soo low that even a half run will cover it.
    Basically a BM/Archer/Sin can make now about 4 times as much money as a veno. Want to make money? roll one of those classes.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I make my money by farming herbs in demon world. Farm 100+ of each herb for about an hour. Then I have a certain person i sell them to. makes me about 500-750k an hour.
    >.<
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    By soloing instances:
    FBs for molds (some still cost a lot)
    TTs for mats.
    Make money like the rest does - grind, do instance runs, do some merchanting.

It is easier for a veno cause often you don't need to wait on people to get things done. You want a TT run? Get few people to help you open doors and go do it. True, you might not take all bosses down and it will take longer, but at the same time you don't have to wait on others. Also the fact, that veno have smaller costs helps too.

I make most of my money by TT runs (4ppl squad), nirvana, sometimes solo some fb or tt. I pretty much have no time for farming mats/herbs :(
  • tweakz
    edited June 2010
    Why solo an instance? Don't people see the people running Abaddon BH over and over during double drops ("my wines - my drops")? A single book drop can get them about 20m and they're using tokens for dirt cheap wine that the molds easily pay for. They also clear that instance a lot quicker than soloing if they could even solo it.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Why agree to "my wines - my drops" (unless a friend is asking)? Atm you can get wines for 37-40k fee from each person. And you have a chance to get a book/mold/3*.

I actually liked to solo Abaddon for cape mold. Takes short time, easy and gives a really nice item :P
  • Batman - Harshlands
    Batman - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    its either random drop or book by class but not my wines - my drops in bh100. someone said solo fb's for molds. except cape of the elite leather rest are still not worth the run or the wines
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    1. Grinding (obvious), this is before herc
    2. Soloing TTs (herc)
    3. harvest
    4. soloing FB dungeons (I mean FBs ofc)
    5. Raising pets in certain ways and selling them (I know a friend that used to do that)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    "It's also worth mentioning that the Venomancer is one of the most hated/envied classes in the game, for various reasons. One being that, with a legendary pet, the Venomancer is able to solely kill bosses that other classes need a whole squad to kill. For this reason, they are also able to gain large amounts of money, that other classes have to work harder to obtain."

from PWI wiki.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

• Lolliipop - Harshlands
    Lolliipop - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Why is nobody stating the obvious?
    Aside from soloing TT (which requires a pet that costs ~60 mil), Venomancers are freakin rich because they use virtually no pots AND their repair costs are basically only for their weapons.

Venos are tanks, healers, and DDs all in one.
    And between Soul Transfusion, Meta and Nature's Grace they use like no pots.
    And you only need an HP or MP charm to be used as both with Soul Trans.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Aside from soloing TT (which requires a pet that costs ~60 mil), Venomancers are freakin rich because they use virtually no pots AND their repair costs are basically only for their weapons.

That does not make you money. It merely saves money. By not having to use pots is not a method to make/earn money. Also, no one is stating the obvious because its obvious.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Lolliipop - Harshlands
    Lolliipop - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Well it's obiviously not obvious enough because the OP doesn't seem to know about it.
    Obviously.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    >.> I seem to not like the veno girl above but can't seem to get the song lollipop out of my head. xD b:laugh b:shutup

• kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010

an archer/wiz my lvl are able to kill mobs much faster than me and probably dont get a single hit as me. they dont have huge repairs either
    "It's also worth mentioning that the Venomancer is one of the most hated/envied classes in the game, for various reasons. One being that, with a legendary pet, the Venomancer is able to solely kill bosses that other classes need a whole squad to kill. For this reason, they are also able to gain large amounts of money, that other classes have to work harder to obtain."

from PWI wiki.
    outdated. replace the word Venomancer with interval sins from now on
  • Queenofpower - Dreamweaver
    Queenofpower - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    First Part
    Ok lets make it clear....BMs and Sins can earn more money than Venos. But only when they are 99+ with all the -int gear....until then they need help from clerics to solo stuff......some may disagree...but this is the most common case.. Venos on the other hand can earn unlimited money as soon as they get a herc and - channeling gear. - channeling gear to tame and sell rare pets. On a new server a veno can start making cash from lvl 20 itself once they can start taming the rares. But yes beyond 99 its the BMs who make the millions... give us -20% channeling gear b:surrender

Second part
    Venos got almost no repairs...my HP charm inspite of all my TT soloing FCs etc lasts about a month.....i barely use pots

But finally i'll say Venos are the richest Class among non cash shop users. The 99+ BMs and Sins who make much more money than venos are mostly cash shop users.....so its rather irrelevant .

Venos can make money by investing 60 mill coins on hercs....ive done TTs wearing no eqips b:cute

Other classes need to spend much much more to be able to solo TTs.....

Advice to venos : Always try to solo TTs if u get a herc....cause squads mostly allow u to pick last from the mats that drop unless u are the tank....
  • tweakz
    edited June 2010
    First Part
    Ok lets make it clear....BMs and Sins can earn more money than Venos. But only when they are 99+ with all the -int gear....

BMs and Sins aren't the only ones that can use -int gear or deicide claws (so far).
    Venos on the other hand can earn unlimited money as soon as they get a herc and - channeling gear.

Any class can make unlimited money regardless of level. I could do as good money wise without a Herc.
    - channeling gear to tame and sell rare pets.

About how much coin per hour does this bring? (factor in the deaths, time and money wasted vending, the fail tames, etc)

On a new server a veno can start making cash from lvl 20 itself once they can start taming the rares. But yes beyond 99 its the BMs who make the millions... give us -20% channeling gear b:surrender

You can wear the same -int gear they do, and there are 0ch pots.
    Second part
    Venos got almost no repairs...my HP charm inspite of all my TT soloing FCs etc lasts about a month.....i barely use pots

Same for Wizards, and Clerics (mage classes).
    Advice to venos : Always try to solo TTs if u get a herc....cause squads mostly allow u to pick last from the mats that drop unless u are the tank....

Or just skip TT because people still think it's a cash cow even though it's over farmed. Nirvana is becoming the new TT.
  • goat111
    goat111 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    if u want a herc to solo TTs on lost city server be prepared to spend 90mill or drop 300$irl imho ive done the math the nix feathers and SoF are 9keach some sell for 15Keach so its outrageous and TT's for me bring in a hefty 10mill after like 2 runs xD if the drops are good and im on 2 runs a night no charms and im useing a magnamite ive got 65mill trying to get 90mill for a nix and herc lolb:cryb:surrenderb:bye
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Sins may be good but can't stand up to mobs.

• Queenofpower - Dreamweaver
    Queenofpower - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    BMs and Sins aren't the only ones that can use -int gear or deicide claws (so far).

Any class can make unlimited money regardless of level. I could do as good money wise without a Herc.

About how much coin per hour does this bring? (factor in the deaths, time and money wasted vending, the fail tames, etc)

You can wear the same -int gear they do, and there are 0ch pots.

Same for Wizards, and Clerics (mage classes).

Or just skip TT because people still think it's a cash cow even though it's over farmed. Nirvana is becoming the new TT.

I am sure the person who has asked this question is not a level 95+ Veno....b:surrender
    So lets answer the question from a low level venos point of view...

The question of - int does not arise at those levels as i have said before. Hence only veno can solo TTs till 95.

And about how much money venos can make taming....a dedicated experienced tamer can make upto 3-5 mill per day just taming...and hours for taming ? only new comers need hours...we know timings.....and y vend...we can afford to pay the auctioneer b:cute

Venos can make great money much more than other classes if they play properly upto lvl 90-95. I know other good venos will agree with me b:thanks

Nirvana is 100+ so till then TT is our home b:pleased
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i've always resented this 'venos are all rich' line. i've played this game nearly from the beginning, and the *only* times i've had 1mil or more in coin has been when i've bought choin chest from other players, and bought with real money hammers to open them. otherwise, i've always just been scraping along. i dont spend all day on the game-maybe 2-3 hours in the evening, a lot of that time spent helping members of my family, friends or guild. most of my money atm comes from time i can spend pounding on mothrans, and that gets boring very fast. i make enough to keep repaired, and do a little teleporting for FBs sometimes. i have no CS pets, never had the extra money back then to collect feathers/SoFs, so i use caught pets.

i get along, but no, not all venos are rich.

...venos were rich. -.-''
    when solo a 3-1 was good if u see time spent/coins earned.
    Atm, with 2x, ppl prefer run all tt with squads, and tt mats price is gone down.
    The only way to make a lot of coins is reaching lvl 100, get herc, get bless scroll, teach him blessing of the packs skill and go solo 3-2, 3-3, and some wb. ^_^
    And so, just spend all ur life on the game ;)

the only way, atm, to make money, for veno as for all other characters is buying low, selling high.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I also don't get why some people still believe venos are rich. I got a Herc at level 50 just because I did a month of farming, nothing else, with my cleric that I don't use anymore, and that was when the materials used to be worth something. Doing TT runs lost its purpose too, as with the 2x events all the item prices dropped a lot. I just did TT 2-2 today and got enough drops to make 200k, but I have to take off 80k that went for subs. So there you have it, venos don't make much more than other classes. Only way I used to get some money to buy armor was aoe grinding, but that's pointless now too because DQ item prices were lowered but the drop rate remained the same. Yesterday I was in a bh squad and a barb told me he made 3 mil one day by doing TT and grinding. I make about 50k a day if I have enough time after bh. I've heard that people use gold trading to get money but I did the math and discovered that selling/buying isn't worth it as you still lose some coins during the process. So I honestly see no way to make money in this game anymore. I'd appreciate it if anyone could explain to me how is it possible for them to make 3 mil a day >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited June 2010
    The amounts I'm seeing reported here are nothing compared to what can be made buying and selling. I don't understand the QQ'ing over DQ NPC value drops either. Last time I checked: I was making more from coins alone or other drops than DQ. That brings the actual income change to more like -5%. Are these QQ'ers not the same ones that leave piles of coins laying around?

Lower levels? - A Wizard doesn't have the expense of taming, pet healing, and pet revive skills. They don't waste time in choosing and catching pets or building space in their pet bags. They don't have to feed pets.

When we can put this idiotic myth about venos making more money to rest, we can slowly stop getting more droves of waste of space leacher venos we already have enough of in this game. See: Are Venomancers really hated?
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    if you BH, and tele both ways, you lose a lot of money. thats where having a good air mount comes in handy! i do pick up herbs as i find them, saving the up to make extra selling them to catshops (though i gotta start making better pots for myself, for high level instances....drinking the apothocary ones like cokes!). yeah, 50-75k sounds about what i make if i can keep myself on the Mothrans for a while. best ones for drops i've found (so far), though i really hate farming them, as tightly bunched as they tend to be.

one idea for raising money is to find things lower levels need, and catshop those beside the NPC they would need to give them to, like element frags, herbs, leather and compound thread. i made someone a chunk of change with my veno back then, because i was taking *forever* to find enough thread and leather, and wanted to get on with the quest string. ^o^ now i just bank what i find, and help my family with their quests, or with the easy to find stuff like frags, catshop it at a price the lower level players can handle. that way i get more than i would NPC selling, and help someone else

I also don't get why some people still believe venos are rich. I got a Herc at level 50 just because I did a month of farming, nothing else, with my cleric that I don't use anymore, and that was when the materials used to be worth something. Doing TT runs lost its purpose too, as with the 2x events all the item prices dropped a lot. I just did TT 2-2 today and got enough drops to make 200k, but I have to take off 80k that went for subs. So there you have it, venos don't make much more than other classes. Only way I used to get some money to buy armor was aoe grinding, but that's pointless now too because DQ item prices were lowered but the drop rate remained the same. Yesterday I was in a bh squad and a barb told me he made 3 mil one day by doing TT and grinding. I make about 50k a day if I have enough time after bh. I've heard that people use gold trading to get money but I did the math and discovered that selling/buying isn't worth it as you still lose some coins during the process. So I honestly see no way to make money in this game anymore. I'd appreciate it if anyone could explain to me how is it possible for them to make 3 mil a day >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart