Anyone else not like charms(rant)

Djaen - Lost City
Djaen - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
I feel they are just a crutch

They are expensive

PPL QQ about geting theirs ticked( especially to a cleric)

They make Heavy vs Heavy pvp a waste of time and make barbs almost unkillable endgame.

The game seems to be so dependent on them , its ridiculous

It causes people to be reckless at times

Imo they should have tryed to fix the game more instead of just putting in an auto-pot. I just seems lazy as **** to do that
Post edited by Djaen - Lost City on

Comments

• Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Bad_stroy_bro.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I hate how the can't be unequipped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    When i am first playing PW ID (not PWI but official) then i found hierro (charm) on item mall
    what come first in my mind is :

" What the heck ? These game selling HP & MP on item mall ? "

Just from looking that before playing for long, i realize how much item mall depending is the game and i can't afford item mall because currency ratio is way to high (in PWI).
    The reason i play in PWI is because it's better on community & rules. o.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I like hp charms for my veno, because yes, they are a crutch, and I don't suffer from my stupidity/silliness too much. I, too, hate that they can't be unequipped, but....oh well.

That being said, though, I rarely get an hp charm (and mp charms are a total waste for venos, IMO), and when I do, it's not because I bought it, lol. Not gonna spend money on something like that when I don't need it. O=<
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Blow your coin on better equips / skills instead. The main cause of clerics needing MP charms is poorly equipped / skilled squad possibly because they spent their coin on charms instead of equips/ skills. If we all rejected charms we'd have it much easier.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Partypooper - Harshlands
    Partypooper - Harshlands Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I feel they are just a crutch

They are expensive

PPL QQ about geting theirs ticked( especially to a cleric)

They make Heavy vs Heavy pvp a waste of time and make barbs almost unkillable endgame.

The game seems to be so dependent on them , its ridiculous

It causes people to be reckless at times

Imo they should have tryed to fix the game more instead of just putting in an auto-pot. I just seems lazy as **** to do that
    QQmoar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=763662
    Vote for Onions!
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    HP and MP charms may be a crutch, but they can save a BM's **** very easily, and make it simpler to grind for longer period's of time w/o massive pot usage (because their cooldown time is stupid and rediculous).

I use both MP and HP charm, because i'm a BM who has enough balls to run into PQ, with no squad, right as it hits the elite mobs, and begin solo'ing upwards of 5 of the damn monsters, using just the charm + spark+, and sutra. (Yes, i'm suicidal in this game, but it's because i only lose 2% of my exp when i die :P)
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I hate how the can't be unequipped.

Yeah... I still remember that charm you get early in the game from that cash shop promotion quest. I equipped it as a safety net, but in the time that followed I learned that it fires far too early. So by the time it was gone, it hadn't saved me a single time. So that's definitely something I wouldn't be buying, even if I had the money.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Only thing that bothers me about charms is that you only use 2% on what you bought it for and 98% on complete bullcrap. In a way, PWI is stealing your money by forcing you to waste it without being able to unequip.

I agree with the other dude. If everyoen agreed on not using hp charms on, lets say, TW warfare, thousands of new players would get ineterested on the event and many new factions would start taking territories, makin it way more fun. But then again, that would require the 'respect' of every single TW player for the other team as to not use charms, and we all know hat wouldnt happen. Besides, you cant unequip so if you equiped 1 for another event just before TW, you wouldnt be able to play.

All that aside, i believe the game would be alo more interesting if:
    A - We could unequip chams. (Stop steaing player's money pw)
    or
    B - The ability to assign your own 'ticking %'. Ok, so ifwe cant unquip, we could at least give it a lower value, like 10%, so that we could use pots before it ticked or cleric could heal you before it reached the current 50% marker.

If PWE had any respect for their consumers, thy would select 1 of the above.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    HP charms break both PvP and PvE.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've never liked them. They change the whole feel of the game.

It would be like playing Hockey where scoring a goal against the other team wouldn't count unless you got another goal within 5 minutes.

That being said, I've always used them because back when I started they were cheaper than using HP/Mana pots, and then by the time Gold prices went up I had a steady merchant income that made their cost pretty much negligible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I have always used them as like Warren said they were cheaper then pots when i started.
    I stopped using mp charms and sold off the stock off when i come back to pwi since its cheaper to use tokens.
    On my Cleric to do tw i have to have one and a gold hp charm lasts at least a month so its hardly a problem to buy a new one here and there.
    my veno has her plat one from the tide quest which i equiped a few days ago.. it took a week sitting at 200hp left on her old charm til i could even equip it b:chuckle generally speaking it only ticks when i **** up and saves my life with second wind + metabolic boost + pots. I expect it to last her eons, and totally worth it as a safety net to fall back on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    There are definitely two sides of this coin.

On the one hand, I was in a fb/bh 59 today. A sin tanked Zimo, and having a charm definitely saved his life before I could properly stack my Ironhearts right after the pull. Then, again, when the level 60 barb (the tabber) used ream and stole aggro, the sin had to steal it back, and his charm ticked again, saving his life again while I scrambled to restack. If that sin hadn't been charmed, either one of those incidents could have led to a squad wipe.

So hp charms definitely have their uses.

Then again, I find myself wearing mp charms far more often than I probably should, because if I don't, my mana usage just doesn't keep up with anything requiring a squad, and I can't afford to run out of mp. b:surrender

I hate that they're a crutch, but I can't play without charms without popping hundreds of pots or using very expensive powders.

I wish mp charms wouldn't tick at 75% though... what a waste of 3/4s of my mana bar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Flicker, just wait till you're level 75. Herb Yuanxiao make MP charms pretty much obsolete for PvE. 5000 MP over 10 seconds, and they cost less than 1k each at current token prices.
  • PlumDumb - Heavens Tear
    PlumDumb - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    HP and MP charms may be a crutch, but they can save a BM's **** very easily, and make it simpler to grind for longer period's of time w/o massive pot usage (because their cooldown time is stupid and rediculous).

I use both MP and HP charm, because i'm a BM who has enough balls to run into PQ, with no squad, right as it hits the elite mobs, and begin solo'ing upwards of 5 of the damn monsters, using just the charm + spark+, and sutra. (Yes, i'm suicidal in this game, but it's because i only lose 2% of my exp when i die :P)

this is a prime example here that the game creators depend on.My bm is lvl 99 and dont use nore mp anymore.Though i did back in the day when u had to actually grind for exp..go though a number of gold hp charms since i did alot solo.

my cleric i just use mp pots and apoth because i jsut know how to pot correctly and use my skills correctly.Now if my cleric did FF all day every day(poor what the game has come to)i would have a hp charm on me then BUT no.

my barb is the only thing that uses a hp charn due to tt bosses and anything can go downbut outside on the land i pot to conserve my charm..hell got so much hp for my lvl potting has slowed down a bit.
  • PlumDumb - Heavens Tear
    PlumDumb - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2010

On the one hand, I was in a fb/bh 59 today. A sin tanked Zimo, and having a charm definitely saved his life before I could properly stack my Ironhearts right after the pull. Then, again, when the level 60 barb (the tabber) used ream and stole aggro, the sin had to steal it back, and his charm ticked again, saving his life again while I scrambled to restack. If that sin hadn't been charmed, either one of those incidents could have led to a squad wipe.

Then again, I find myself wearing mp charms far more often than I probably should, because if I don't, my mana usage just doesn't keep up with anything requiring a squad, and I can't afford to run out of mp. b:surrender

I hate that they're a crutch, but I can't play without charms without popping hundreds of pots or using very expensive powders.

I wish mp charms wouldn't tick at 75% though... what a waste of 3/4s of my mana bar.
    you see that what you call failed organization in a squad..if the barb can tank it let it do it..i hate how these sins,psy wanna tank rap and i jsut watch them die..i love it..male sins please just wipe your characters u look kinda odd..if u know what i meen.
  • Djaen - Lost City
    Djaen - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I admit they have there uses and all but the game should be fixed to where we could do more without them.They are game breaking imo , IE Sins tanking >_>, phy class having to do so much just to kill heavy classes. ect....
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hate to say it....but this game was better off when you couldn't buy a cleric.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If charms were removed from the game PvP would mostly amount to who gets the first hit in which would make it boring.
    edited May 2010
    If charms were removed from the game PvP would mostly amount to who gets the first hit in which would make it boring.

When they made charm, they realize if just to save hp or mp when almost reach zero then less people would buy them.
    So they lower every class hp gain (though barb still have a lot), then increasing % when charm will tick.
    So some class will depend so much on charm at PVP or they will died so fast.

Basically the game made like that . . b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2010

And getting in on the first hit is pure luck with no skills required, right?
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    When they made charm, they realize if just to save hp or mp when almost reach zero then less people would buy them.
    So they lower every class hp gain (though barb still have a lot), then increasing % when charm will tick.
    So some class will depend so much on charm at PVP or they will died so fast.

Basically the game made like that . . b:bye

Their objective is to make money, they make charms less effective at keeping you alive people do not pay cash for fail charms that are like potions. Basically your way would only make it worth time for a barb to get one making a barb over powered with a charm.

Edit :
    to the post above : getting the first shot with a macro is not skill it is simply pressing a key and watching the target die depending on their gear or your gear.

Now given charmless PW everyone would need to refine to +12 to make the game any fun anymore.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    so good to be on pve serv after all. not many ppz charmed, makes my toon's life easier

cant imagine charm-tick QQ on pvp servers

must be scary
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    so good to be on pve serv after all. not many ppz charmed, makes my toon's life easier

cant imagine charm-tick QQ on pvp servers

must be scary

nope we have people claiming they don't have charms QQ and thinks it makes them cool after they die regardless of how much they would have died regardless of charm.
    edited May 2010
    Their objective is to make money, they make charms less effective at keeping you alive people do not pay cash for fail charms that are like potions. Basically your way would only make it worth time for a barb to get one making a barb over powered with a charm.

That's also what i mean (though i am not say it directly)
    Just like what i say on my earlier post on these thread, about my comment first playing at PW ID.
    I am surprised seeing these game selling HP MP recovery on item mall.
    (and kinda must have on certain situation)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Horrible thread.
    edited May 2010
    Horrible thread.

Horrible post, it's better for someone like you to ignore these thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Horrible post, it's better for you to ignore these thread.

And this was a better post?
    edited May 2010
    And this was a better post?

Eh sorry that's not what i mean, fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010

If you ask me for such an unorganized squad it should have led to a squad wipe. If barb knew that sin was going to tank and he purposedly took aggro off, well...

That removes half the challenge in this game.