Worst BH experiences?

MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
As the title says, post your worst BH experiences you've ever had.

Yesterday, I was helping out a faction mate with BH69.
Squad consisted of two barbs, veno, psychic, and me (the cleric)
We get in no problem, when I find out one barb doesn't even have his HP buff.
No problem I think, the other can buff us, which he did.
We got to Pole, and the barb who didn't have the HP buff decided to tank.
Veno pulls Pole, barb catches, and quickly gets 1 shot.
I think to myself "What is going on here?" then look at the barbs health.
Sadly, the barb only had 6k hp, buffed, and in tiger form.
I look at his gear, and see it's all NPC gear. Not even around his level, either.
Next, we have the second barb tank, no problem at all until does his debuff. Quickly got two shot.
Sadly, I then saw he only had 2k more HP, and had just about the same equips.
After that, I quickly left as I didn't want to even try with that anymore.
Post edited by MistaBwanden - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010

I look at his gear, and see it's all NPC gear. Not even around his level, either.
    Next, we have the second barb tank, no problem at all until does his debuff. Quickly got two shot.

Funny, I have a similar story.

'Cept in mine, all the Heavy armor dudes died, leaving a sin, the cleric and me. (Psychic)
    Was kind of a nerve-racking experience with that sin's health jumping all over the place. The cleric died even, but luckily had a res scroll. I must've thought "Abandon ship!" about four times and started running for that pool of water, only to realize they were making it/needed help, so then I'd run back thinking "Gooo squishys gooo!! D8"

We did it though!
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Finn_haar - Sanctuary
    Finn_haar - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Lol im not a high lvl like you guys but yesterday i had 2 BIG failed squads xD

1st squad....invited me.... ALL french people from the same faction....then >> when we were in the cave for me my last bh39 (so i thought lets do it quick).... everyone was talking in french no english......so there was not much for me to say they also were all between lvl 40~45 and as a bm I had to tank...? (not that im not capable of)..... suddenly 2 were DCed.....so the leader (it was an fb) PASSED the lead? i dunno why.... sooooo the fb failed hard (we already had farren) so it took like 15 minutes for everyone was back in the cave then......another dude DCed atm..... waiting again......again no english talking... then at the last boss trioc.....everyone dissapeared from squad they probably thought they were finished o__0.... that was the worst run EVER... it took 2 hours in that silly cave and I didnt even have all 3 bosses. o__0

2nd squad was good, at first they didnt talk to each other so everyone was running loose in the cave and 2 died (not my problem since they didnt respond to my message)... then all of a sudden after the first boss everyone fled.... and that was it and 2 of them needed all 3 bosses..

lucky me....the 3th squad was GOOD.........!!! and i got inferno bracers mold.

>> the avatar says lvl52 bit I'm 60 now
  • Assburger - Harshlands
    Assburger - Harshlands Posts: 785 Arc User
    edited May 2010

i have trouble even comprehending that...b:bye

i has in a BH, the lowest lvl of the squad (and worst equipped) thought he should do his part to help and though he should be the DD -__-; (even when we specifically told him NOT TO GO IN FRONT OF THE GROUP) needless to say, he aggroes EVERY freakin mob around us and we have a party wipe. Ironically, the guy that aggroed was the only one alive even after the whole fiasco...and he then whispered to all of us "Hey, get the squad back together i wanna try this again. i know a way to NOT aggro as many mobs" and wow...i think so many ppl yelled at him after that he quit the game.
    Harshland's everlasting cleric L.uckyrose and damn proud of it

Should be back very very soon...two weeks from now at most b:bye
    ~Pst...imma girl barb ;-P
  • Seirura - Heavens Tear
    Seirura - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Lol im not a high lvl like you guys but yesterday i had 2 BIG failed squads xD

1st squad....invited me.... ALL french people from the same faction....then >> when we were in the cave for me my last bh39 (so i thought lets do it quick).... everyone was talking in french no english......so there was not much for me to say they also were all between lvl 40~45 and as a bm I had to tank...? (not that im not capable of)..... suddenly 2 were DCed.....so the leader (it was an fb) PASSED the lead? i dunno why.... sooooo the fb failed hard (we already had farren) so it took like 15 minutes for everyone was back in the cave then......another dude DCed atm..... waiting again......again no english talking... then at the last boss trioc.....everyone dissapeared from squad they probably thought they were finished o__0.... that was the worst run EVER... it took 2 hours in that silly cave and I didnt even have all 3 bosses. o__0

2nd squad was good, at first they didnt talk to each other so everyone was running loose in the cave and 2 died (not my problem since they didnt respond to my message)... then all of a sudden after the first boss everyone fled.... and that was it and 2 of them needed all 3 bosses..

lucky me....the 3th squad was GOOD.........!!! and i got inferno bracers mold.

>> the avatar says lvl52 bit I'm 60 now

Lmao!! best one yet!!
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2010

i lold when i read this i have that much hp at lvl 55 and my tiger form is only lvl 2 and hp buff just lvl 8

anyway back on topic

quite funny my worst fail isnt at any off my alts or this char

it was when i stil played my 8x barb on HT
    we went to do bh69
    we had 2 venos, another barb,atleast 1 cleric and me who that last person i was i cant remember could be a cleric but im not sure
    anyway i didnt know anyone in that squad except 1 veno
    So we went to nob and i tank him i notice how i dont get purified(alot longer then just lag) and yell at the cleric to purify clerics but keeps mainly squad healing and not bothering me to much so not to cause a squad wipe i end up spamming genie skils,invoking and using event pots while the veno who i know does pass me chi so i can keep invoking the rest off the DDs keep doing utter **** damage finaly the boss dies
    and we go to turn in bh and after that do bh pyro i end up waiting ages for everyone to come back we kill pyro atlast luckly with no trouble
    then they actually ask me to do pole for drops i say that will be a squad wipe and leave the squad

oh and edit

the actually were pissed at me for leaving
  • Zikai - Heavens Tear
    Zikai - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've two pretty bad BH experiences. One as my cleric in the 39, and the other as my veno in the 59.

BH 39 - I'm the Cleric
    So the squad themselves weren't too horrible. It's just that they weren't very um... "competent" ? when we got to Farren. It's been a while since I remembered the run, but I do remember that everyone kept dying in his AOE because someone charged in without the squad being ready. It came down to Farren chasing me - only one left alive with an HP charm - through the dungeon.

The squad started yelling at me to run back to res them. I guess they forgot Farren was still trying to slit my throat, but sure... thinking that the rest of the squad had some sense, I dragged Farren's **** behind me to res the squad.

Well, it happened that nobody would wait until they were out of Farren's AOE, so most of them died as soon as they ressed, and as soon as I finished casting it. Some were lucky to res, and then start hitting Farren, but then die in the next 3 seconds.

I probably ressed 4 of the members more than 6 times (I didn't bother ressing the 5th guy because he ran into the middle where all those mobs were and there was no way I was gonna go in there, lol).

Either way, the group managed to space out their DD so much that he finally died when there were like... 3 people alive to get the count. I basically said thanks and just left. That was so not worth the charm ticks, lol.

BH59 - I'm the Venomancer
    So our target was Qianji. It was before I had gotten my herc, so my main pet was the shadou cub at the time. We had the decent cleric and barb combo that I assumed was going to play their proper roles - cleric and barb. Well.... I was wrong.

I asked if they were ready for me to pull. The barb said yes, because he was catching, so I pulled.

Nothing happened. Nobody did anything. I'm standing with the group and Qianji just smacking me with water because the barb was just standing there... not hitting.

So, I guess our awesome cleric thought he was so awesome, that he said, "i tank" Ok, so I know clerics can tank, but there was a problem with this one tanking. He was standing RIGHT NEXT to Qianji, so as soon as he attacked her, she just turned around and punched his arcane **** to the ground - he died in like.. 2 or 3 hits. Then she continued ticking my HP charm.

Finally, the barb got the hint and started attacking, but the cleric didn't go to town (not sure what he was expecting, but he was just lying there and he was the only cleric). The barb died shortly after because the cleric didn't go to town. So they were just laying next to each other on the ground, Qianji was smacking me, and the other DD were just standing and watching.

So, I just got fed up. I wasn't gonna let Qianji smack me around until my charm disappeard, so I pulled out the kowlin to use the mag def debuff, and just started wailing on Qianji. The other 2 DD got the hint that I was tanking cleric-less and took caution to DD without stealing aggro.

The cleric eventually went to town and came back to res the barb, and they both had gotten the kill for the BH. I wasn't such a happy camper with the majority of my HP charm gone, so I just said thanks and left. Again, it wasn't really worth the charm ticks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Who heals the healer?
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Worst BH experience?

A bh29 with me beign the only cleric on an all-assassin squad who thought they were undestructible cause they had charms. They went leeroy jenkins all they way to Qingzi dying every time by either the blast from the lamps or ganked by a bunch of mobs.

They first started 'dun heal meh, I have a charm. I'm unvincibel!!1' and ended screamin' 'Heal meh' in pain. No way I was gonna heal them while they have all mobs on the room chasin' them.

Obviusly I got the usual 'dam, you sux' reply with the correspondent kick of the squad. b:bye
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    BH89 Brim. 1 Barb lvl 98, 1 Cleric lvl 94, 1 Wiz lvl 95, 1 Veno lvl 96, 1 BM lvl 9x, 1 Archer lvl 9x. Cleric and Barb are married. We get to our favorite puppy, Abomination. The veno lures out the boss. The barb catches and we all proceed to kill it. The cleric starts to heal her hubby/barb. Abom does his random argo and keeps moving around making it hard to stay outside his aoe range but his aoe is not to bad so I ignore it for the most part as we have a lvl 94 cleric.....who is still just healing the barb. All of a sudden the veno dies, the bm start asking for healing, I realize my charm is ticking and I just got the random argo. I try potting but to no avail I die. Then the archer dies. Then the Cleric finally dies. The BM and the Barb pot their way thru to a kill. I then start a rant about what a noob cleric, BM goes off on a rant storm about losing his charm in that battle, the archer is pissed, and the veno just up and leaves. The barb defends his wife after all she died too and also did not get credit. And besides "She was only lvl 35 last week. Shes is still learning." How I hate orical babies...
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • KayLinda - Sanctuary
    KayLinda - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Only have had one bad BH so far (but haven't done that many). It was two weeks ago.

As it goes, I get a PM from a level 40 Archer asking if I can help him with BH39. I am a 70+ Psychic and my wife is a 70+ Wizard. We talk to him for a bit and find out that he is a 14 yr old Japanese kid. He keeps apologizing for his bad English but we tell him no problem and we would help him.

After some deliberate questions we find that he had not done his challenge/dare/whatever for FB 39. So we think, "allright, tabs!".

Just before we head out we see a Barb asking for an FB 39 group. So, we add him. We tell him that the archer is a kid, it's his first BH, and does not speak good English. Anyway, the archer dies when one of the mobs explodes. The Barb chastises him about "stupid play" and that "archers should never stand close to the Barb". Technically, he may be right .. tactfully, he is wrong.

We get to Farren and tell the Archer to Tab. He doesn't know how to tab so we start giving details. Meanwhile the Barb is calling him stupid again and arrogantly stating "this is a BH. Why would anyone tab?". We kill Farren and Archer ports out to get next BH (I know this irks a lot of players, but, hey he is young and new to game -- we went into instance knowing that).

So Barb starts running to Calcid and bytch'n at me and wife about not racing to next mob. We tell him that Archer does not know path and we are going to lead him. Now starts the foul language.

So wife says she is booting him. I asked her to pass me lead and I wait. She asks me "why I haven't booted him?". I said, "don't worry". Anyway, we get Calcid 40% dead and I type in "bye, you arrogant &^%*" and boot him before mob is half dead.
    Since when did the word "fail" change from a verb to an adjective? A character can "fail" (as a verb) or be a "failed" character (as an adjective), but there is no such thing as a "fail" character.

If "Barb" (not "arian") is short for Barbarian and "Veno" (not "mancer") is short for Venomancer then shouldn't we be calling Assassins something other than "sins"?
  • TheUnjudged - Heavens Tear
    TheUnjudged - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Filter circumvention is a banable offence - Ary
  • Iribehir - Dreamweaver
    Iribehir - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I was doing bh51 and had just found a squad, and we went into the dungeon. So when everyone was there and we were ready to go, and already killed half the mobs from the beginning to fushma, the archer died and the rest of the squad had low hp after the "round" was over. The cleric resses the cleric and keeps moving, and I ask why he isn't healing us, and he answers me with "barb is first priority, everybody stay back" in typical engrish.

We keep moving and this keeps repeating itself, and I make the same questions over and over and he replies like the first time. We got to wyv, and I tell him to heal the rest of the squad because they might die if he don't, he told me to shut up, called me a noob and kicked me out of the squad (this was while we were at wyv waiting for someone in the squad). So I lured wyv onto myself and circled around the cleric as he was trying to run away and yeah, well. It was totally worth it.

He went to town right after I got TPed out and kept whining about how he was going to get me banned. A nice lvl 90+ barb was there and wondering about what had happened, so I told him, he OBVIOUSLY liked the story and if I'm not wrong he was the one that called a supernice cleric to ress me (I accidentally lured the mobs in there too which poisoned me, and the poison was still active at the time I got out.) b:bye
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Caution:Wall of Text ahead

Pyro BH:
    I was in a squad with 1 cleric 1 veno with herc as the tank,another archer,a wizzie and a BM.The other archer was ard 73 and red named.Throughout the BH,he continuously stole aggro from the herc,much to the annoyance of the cleric until we were about 50% to Pyro,he said "If my charm ticks 30 times,I'm leaving.which is about 2 more times".I told him off saying why should the cleric watch your **** when you don't watch your attack.he kept quiet till we reached near Pyro.

Near the path to Pyro,he died because he didn't bother to attack what the herc was attacking as the cleric was healing the BM who was tanking some other aggroed mob.I told him to use Assist Attack to help him and he asked what it was.A few of us explained to him and he said,"That's what Tab is for".Well obviously,he was failing to see which was the mob that Herc had aggro on.

We continued our journey and headed off to kill Pyro.Just as the Herc started attacking,the other archer sparked and started attacking madly.He stole aggro from the Herc and died.He blamed the Herc for being a FAIL tank.I told him off saying that the Herc isn't a Barb and can't hold aggro as well.He said that hem knew that and I told him to slow his attacks down.He then proceeded to barrage Pyro and stole aggro again.I had to pull aggro off him befor ehe started crying over his charm.
    When some of the members were coming back from handing in the BH,I told him that he should use the defensive spells and he told me that archers are DD.I replied saying that although we're DDs,we should hold back our attacks.We shoudn't steal aggro and make the cleric tick their charms multiple times or spam pots just to save the few ticks off another person's HP charm.He proceeded to say "Well I'm supposed to be a DD.what's the point of staggering my attacks.Do I like have to stop attack every few times".I told him if we have to after we steal aggro.He quit the squad after 2nd BH.

*awaits "Long wall-o-text" and "cool story,bro" messages*

PS:I saw on WC his name saying eh was a fail archer using axes b:chuckle
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i have trouble even comprehending that...b:bye

Yeah, I've seen worse. Ever seen an arcane gear barb running around? It's not a pretty sight.

I've had a few bad experiences, but since I think I've already posted the worst of the worst in various places, I'll go for a new one. I needed BH 59, so I got a cleric and a low level psy who needed her weapon token. Other person was a level 90 barb to tank for us. All was well when we all ported into the BH, but these guys were...silent. It was basically me and the barb trying to talk to them. First thing I asked was if anyone needed anything other than Drake. They didn't respond, so we ran off to Drake.

Around the middle of Drake's hallway thing, the psy goes afk right in the middle of some mobs. She promptly pulls aggro and dies. This happens two more times right before Drake, and the barb told her to stop going afk and aggroing things. She says nothing. Barb pulls drake, and we start beating up on him. We kill him. As it happened, the other psy has gone afk during the fight and was still gone when we finished. About ten seconds later, the cleric says, "i need Quianji." Yeah, we'd have to resquad. Barb gets mad and leaves. We all go our separate ways. The end. >_<
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, I've seen worse. Ever seen an arcane gear barb running around? It's not a pretty sight.

Yes I have and I must disagree. The sight of a panda wearing nothing but soft, silky robes is quite ravishing. b:dirty

On Topic: BH51 on my level 68 BM. Other members are 2 clerics, a sin, and an archer. Squad invites a level 62 barb because 'BMs can't tank'. I tele in using the stone and sit on my **** waiting for everyone else to get inside.

Five minutes later no one shows up despite me asking everyone where the hell they all are. I say I'm going to start clearing and head out on a killing spree, still no response from my squad. I'm alternating between luring mobs one at a time and ripping them apart with my fists and just running in and AoEing the **** out of everything with axes and using my charm to keep me alive, no one says anything about my HP barb going crazy.

After getting close to fushy the first member of my squad gets inside. Great, now where the **** is everyone else? Sucks that the guy who came inside was both the leader and a complete ****ing moron.

Leader: Oh noes! BH didn't reset
    Me: It didn't reset, I started clearing the mobs.
    Leader: *disbands squad*
    Me: *waits for invite*
    Me (whispering): Are you going to invite me?

*insert conversation where I try to explain to the leader that the mobs weren't at the start because I was clearing (key word being 'try')*

Finally, after a while in which I gave up getting the guy to understand and which everyone miraculously came back from being afk I give up trying to convince the guy and ask for an invite.

Leader: Sorry, squad full.
    Me: ...**** you too.

Sadly, I can name so many occasions where my BM ran into fail squads. Must be a sanc thing. Don't get me wrong, the players that know what to do are very good at their classes but on the other side of the coin, the players that don't know what they're doing fail horribly. There's almost no middle ground with the players on sanc and unfortunately, many more players fall into the 'fail' category.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    A bh 39 way back when. 3 words:

Light.

Armor.

Barbarian.

He didn't use tiger form. He didn't know what "aggro" meant (at level 50!). We were a squad of him, 2 archers, a veno, a wizard, and me... aggro was all over the place. One of the archers did most of the tanking, because the barb just didn't get it when we tried to explain it. b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Despite the giant text wall, this made my day lmao.
    b:chuckle
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    For once, I might try. (I've been in a lot of awesome squads and a lot of fail squads. A low HP barb might live if the clerics is good. A high HP barb might die if the cleric has no clue, etc.)

Anyway... bh 69b:chuckle
    While I'm turning in my BH (I'm a barb), I complain about my archo lag and say I'll be in cave asap. Shortly after this I see in squad chat that the BM will start attacking Pyro in 1 minute and I better hurry up if I want the kill. I make it JUST in time to get the kill. Since I was not the leader, I could not kick the person.b:surrenderAt that point I get mildly aggreviated. I tele out to turn in (I usually stack them, but that day needed exp badly) and get onto my way to archo. (This time I decide to take my time and be a bit evil.) Oh how I underestimated the BM (hehehhe) While on my way to turn in quest, I get a pm warning that the BM will start attacking nob in 3 minutes and I better hurry. Well, at that point I was just amused by how obnoxious one can be. I say that I do not like threats. The second I push enter, I see the BM's HP starts to move. He writes that this was no threat. I litterally stop to watch the squad HP. b:shockedNeedless to say... the BM die, so does the cleric and some other player(s). He goes to town, and goes offline. We got another person and finished a bh with no more problems. FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TiaDaIma - Sanctuary
    TiaDaIma - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well, I doubt mine will be the most amusing, but I found it funny.

I was in a bh59, at Qianji, and I ask if they want me to tank instead of the barb so that I can go all out and not have an aggro fight with flesh ream. At first nobody replies, but finally the barb says he doesn't care, so I slap Qianji with a quick aqua impact to get things moving. The cleric, who still hasn't said a word, throws one, yes one, ironheart on me, watches my hp slowly start to decline from qianji's attacks, and just as my hp starts to get low says, "no you can't tank too weak".

Of course this made me rather annoyed, so I kept aggro anyway and solo'd it through hp pots and bubble of life. After qianji died, the cleric having done nothing but stand there the entire time, she/he (idk which) throws a hissyfit and leaves squad, saying something about OP cash shopper tideborns. The rest of the squad and I ended up doing the next 2 bosses with no cleric.

Now at the time I was level 76 or 77 maybe, honestly my gear was pretty good but certainly nothing cash shoppy. 3 star mostly some of it was +1, and the 74 mold sphere.

I always ask on magic bosses, if the barb wants to tank I watch my aggro and go with it, but I like to tank when I can, and if I have permission from the squad I don't think anybody should get pissy when I DON'T die. b:surrender
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    For once, I might try. (I've been in a lot of awesome squads and a lot of fail squads. A low HP barb might live if the clerics is good. A high HP barb might die if the cleric has no clue, etc.)

Anyway... bh 69b:chuckle
    While I'm turning in my BH (I'm a barb), I complain about my archo lag and say I'll be in cave asap. Shortly after this I see in squad chat that the BM will start attacking Pyro in 1 minute and I better hurry up if I want the kill. I make it JUST in time to get the kill. Since I was not the leader, I could not kick the person.b:surrenderAt that point I get mildly aggreviated. I tele out to turn in (I usually stack them, but that day needed exp badly) and get onto my way to archo. (This time I decide to take my time and be a bit evil.) Oh how I underestimated the BM (hehehhe) While on my way to turn in quest, I get a pm warning that the BM will start attacking nob in 3 minutes and I better hurry. Well, at that point I was just amused by how obnoxious one can be. I say that I do not like threats. The second I push enter, I see the BM's HP starts to move. He writes that this was no threat. I litterally stop to watch the squad HP. b:shockedNeedless to say... the BM die, so does the cleric and some other player(s). He goes to town, and goes offline. We got another person and finished a bh with no more problems. FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!!!!

I love when others act as if they can tank, then suddenly cant.
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    TiaDaIma: I found it funny b:chuckle

I love when cleric's get pissy because they don't know what they doing b:chuckle
  • TiaDaIma - Sanctuary
    TiaDaIma - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    TiaDaIma: I found it funny b:chuckle

I love when cleric's get pissy because they don't know what they doing b:chuckle

Well I'm not sure this particular cleric was pissy because he/she didn't know what they were doing, it seemed more as if they wanted me to fail as a tank and die lol....and got mad when I didn't.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well, I doubt mine will be the most amusing, but I found it funny.

I was in a bh59, at Qianji, and I ask if they want me to tank instead of the barb so that I can go all out and not have an aggro fight with flesh ream. At first nobody replies, but finally the barb says he doesn't care, so I slap Qianji with a quick aqua impact to get things moving. The cleric, who still hasn't said a word, throws one, yes one, ironheart on me, watches my hp slowly start to decline from qianji's attacks, and just as my hp starts to get low says, "no you can't tank too weak".

Of course this made me rather annoyed, so I kept aggro anyway and solo'd it through hp pots and bubble of life. After qianji died, the cleric having done nothing but stand there the entire time, she/he (idk which) throws a hissyfit and leaves squad, saying something about OP cash shopper tideborns. The rest of the squad and I ended up doing the next 2 bosses with no cleric.

Now at the time I was level 76 or 77 maybe, honestly my gear was pretty good but certainly nothing cash shoppy. 3 star mostly some of it was +1, and the 74 mold sphere.

I always ask on magic bosses, if the barb wants to tank I watch my aggro and go with it, but I like to tank when I can, and if I have permission from the squad I don't think anybody should get pissy when I DON'T die. b:surrender

I remember something similar happening on my veno. b:laugh

2 wizards healing me + bramble hood's damage reduction + delicious pots saved my ****. The cleric didn't bother healing and complained throughout the whole thing about 'OP venos' to which I replied that the only thing people call OP about venos are the herc and nix, neither of which I used. Fun BH59 by the way, the 2 wizzies and I took turns tanking the different bosses and the cleric reluctantly healed after the leader threatened to kick him from the squad. The barb just sulked in a corner.
    I love when others act as if they can tank, then suddenly cant.

I think a lot of that has to do with the healers too. A really good cleric can keep even a ****ty tank alive (up to a certain point) and if the tank happens to get lucky with a bunch of awesome clerics in a row then they tend to get a big head without anything to back it up (either gear or skill-wise).
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Lol I'm glad I have a habit of checking tanks HPs b:chuckle

Hm, think my worse EXP was in BH metal on cleric... Never in any other instance have I wasted over 200k charm + **** load hp food + over 40 mgk def charms... in like 10 minutes... Apparently not enough DD on boss... + the tank was having a hard time staying alive long enough -.- So they were trying over & over & over... like 6 times... Even when we tried giving advice on what to do some of the members wouldn't listen & continued failing...
    The fun part after we were done I realized I forgot to pick up my bh on that character... b:cry b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    So, here I am in a BH 51 with a faction member.

We have:
    A 60 BM
    A 60 Psychic<--Me
    A 65 Cleric<--my clannie
    A 66 Assasssin
    A 65 Psychic
    A 67 Barb

Now, we beat down Fushy, which was pretty easy, and the other Psy says he's leaving. JUST as he leaves the squad, he tries to kill the Cleric, where I then kick his squishy **** with Soulburn and watch him commit suicide. ((As a note....I love when things kill themselves.))
    Now the other Psy is pissed, and he asks the Assassin to kill me after the BH for 50k. So now, I have this idiot Sin trying to get me killed.

We're on our way to Rankar now, and suddenly the Sin goes AFK. We go on without him to Rankar and start waiting on Rankar to show up. I sneak around the pillar, past the mobs, to see when he's coming around.
    Suddenly, Rankar finally shows up. The conversation goes something like this:

Me: Okay, he's coming
    Barb: *says something in slovakian*
    BM: *says something in italian and starts running towards me*
    Cleric: Wait for him here
    Barb: *More slovakian stuff*
    Me: Get BACK
    BM: (in crappy english) I tank

So now the BM decides he can tank, and I finally decide to NOT let Rankar **** this guy, so I turn around and start using DoT's and my AoE's, as well as a Soulburn/Spark combo. The second I cast Empowered Vigor on the BM, I notice that the Barb is just standing there.

Doing nothing.
    My friend the cleric finally wakes up and heals the BM just as Rankar kills him.
    Fearing for the cleric's life, I aggro Rankar, put up White Voodoo, and take about five hits before trying to bubble myself, and die.

Guess who decides to heal me? (Too late?)
    So now, the Cleric runs off in the opposite direction, into the mobs, and is killed instantly. Rankar completely ignores the Barb, and returns to patrolling the area with little to no damage suffered.

Sin: K I'm back and....oh.
    Barb: *more stuff in Slovakian*
    BM: *stuff in Italian*
    Me: *cursing up a storm in good 'ol English*
  • WhytMoogic - Lost City
    WhytMoogic - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Late Night BH39~
    I thought my worst experience was with a 60 wiz (he needed one last boss from bh39) who tries to act high level by aggroing 5 mobs on himself before he could even get dragons up... Then he decided to steal aggro from herc with dargons (yeah he seems to be obssesed with that) then started running into ALL ladywraiths and shrunkin mobs in that part of the cave... I manage to survive by my faction veno's pet being sacrificed for me. AAfter such a horrible run obviously bloodbath follows: I Pk the wizard LC style in two plume shots... idiots like that should really be marked perma red so they drop stuff...

But the VERY NEXT NIGHT was actually the worst:

(decided to go with just 5 after 30 min calling in archosaur)
    BM 54
    Archer 53
    Psychic 50
    ^The above were in an in arabian faction called Essence2 b:chuckle
    My Barb Friend 52
    Me 52

Barb was AFK The BM claimed she could tank and so I assumed everything will be fine as I've had successful runs with BMs tanking... until she got killed by one of the zombies after 3 seconds of poison... Looked at her armor and realized they were 2x armor... and so was the archer's b:shocked

Then the barb came back and everything would be fine... I thought...
    Throughout the run the BM and Archer kept aggroing additional mobs despite their psychic's efforts to lure with zeal and simply refused to attack along with the barb... anyway, I get them through the mobs despite how much dust the BM and archer managed to bite, BM slowly seem to understand the more she shouts 'heal!' the less I do (good thing I kept lead) and everything turned out quite well with Calcid and Herc until...

Barb had to go afk shortly so BM decided to tank Farren and yelled for Heals She dies before I could get an IH on her... then farren murders archer then starts chasing after the psy... And I die...
    Then Barb came back! Round 2!
    I warn BM and archer to stay out of range but they didn't listen... AOE -> BM dies in 3 hits, archer dies in 2... I rezz them but they die again immediately rushing up close to Farren again... archer ragequits while BM manages to get the kill last minute after the fourth rezz... Ended up wasting 5 times the apoths, pots then a normal run and even some hsiaoko mantous (courtesy of that lovely veno who dropped them when I PKed ages ago, wouldn't have survived w/o them b:thanks)

I raged about them in sundown after the BH in local chat...
    A few days later I found out they disbanded their faction and made Yakuza2 /facepalm
    TB 3.2m/s wings: $30
    Elven 3.2m/s wings: $50
    *facepalm*
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2010
    So, here I am in a BH 51 with a faction member.

We have:
    A 60 BM
    A 60 Psychic<--Me
    A 65 Cleric<--my clannie
    A 66 Assasssin
    A 65 Psychic
    A 67 Barb

Now, we beat down Fushy, which was pretty easy, and the other Psy says he's leaving. JUST as he leaves the squad, he tries to kill the Cleric, where I then kick his squishy **** with Soulburn and watch him commit suicide. ((As a note....I love when things kill themselves.))
    Now the other Psy is pissed, and he asks the Assassin to kill me after the BH for 50k. So now, I have this idiot Sin trying to get me killed.

We're on our way to Rankar now, and suddenly the Sin goes AFK. We go on without him to Rankar and start waiting on Rankar to show up. I sneak around the pillar, past the mobs, to see when he's coming around.
    Suddenly, Rankar finally shows up. The conversation goes something like this:

Me: Okay, he's coming
    Barb: *says something in slovakian*
    BM: *says something in italian and starts running towards me*
    Cleric: Wait for him here
    Barb: *More slovakian stuff*
    Me: Get BACK
    BM: (in crappy english) I tank

So now the BM decides he can tank, and I finally decide to NOT let Rankar **** this guy, so I turn around and start using DoT's and my AoE's, as well as a Soulburn/Spark combo. The second I cast Empowered Vigor on the BM, I notice that the Barb is just standing there.

Doing nothing.
    My friend the cleric finally wakes up and heals the BM just as Rankar kills him.
    Fearing for the cleric's life, I aggro Rankar, put up White Voodoo, and take about five hits before trying to bubble myself, and die.

Guess who decides to heal me? (Too late?)
    So now, the Cleric runs off in the opposite direction, into the mobs, and is killed instantly. Rankar completely ignores the Barb, and returns to patrolling the area with little to no damage suffered.

Sin: K I'm back and....oh.
    Barb: *more stuff in Slovakian*
    BM: *stuff in Italian*
    Me: *cursing up a storm in good 'ol English*

This is exactly why I don't do BH's with people I don't know anymore. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    On bh 39 with fail 5x barb and freaking 8x cleric o.0
    The squad end even before reaching any boss.

5x barb that always complains of his repair bill and come to instance very slowly while picking mats and herb. He also wear crappy lower lv npc gear.
    8x cleric that dunno about vanguard spirit, iron heart, BB, . . not save everyone when the fail barb lure so many mob. Think he can manage them all. He died and some couple mobs coming to the squad. She not saving us, yet she said she can solo the entire instance. Even 6x cleric do better than her.

You can imagine what happened . . b:chuckle
    The cleric say were fail squad after the barb leaving, (because he died so many times, can't even tank couple regular phy bh39 mob) i am laugh so much when she say that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Me, barb and 3 sins did bh 59 yesterday and did first 2 bosses np.

At drake everything going well then I think to myself, "everythings going so well Im gunna tempest the bast-ard which I did"

then click on barb and kept ironhearting as normal

as I watch the barbs hp fall drastically i look up and see im see active on drake from the tempest - aaaahhhhh - because my mouse wire is a bit dodgy my cursor has disappeared and i fail clicking back on the barb in time - outch sorry fellas

drakes hp must have been on about 10 and the barb dies so missing the bh

So I hang my head in shame and we all agree to do drake again.

This time at drake the zeal lure fails (barb did it, but was probably so piissed at me he just walked a smidge too close) and we get the whole company attack us. I quickly BB but theres death and mayhem and when theres only drake left I spam ironheart the barb and there only me and him and one sin left. The other sins didnt need drake but I ressed them between ironhearts and we all lived happily ever after the second time.

Thought id get in before the other squadders gave me a shellacking
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Worst BH's -->

When a squad of ALL 100+ fail at Wave 2 Delta b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i would say it is far to many BHs or in instanced zone.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.