Proof that some tideborn skills are a tad overpowered after all (I tried assassin)

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    "Proof" by posting skill descriptions is hardly proof at all. The case muse be made with comparisons, numbers, and tests.

That's asking WAY too much of the OP. b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If you are only going to look at skills to decide if they are OP, then every class has OP skills. It's how players utilize them that makes them OP. Skills don't kill players, players do.

Ofc, there's not much to prove either way at lvl 30...
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    the only QQ skill of sins is their stealth mostly xD

tough i must say that healhing 79 skill is bit weird, healing 6% of their health for 20 chi every second untill they cancel it or till their out of chi wich wont happen with some good att rate and their chi gaining skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2010

tough i must say that healhing 79 skill is bit weird, healing 6% of their health for 20 chi every second untill they cancel it or till their out of chi wich wont happen with some good att rate and their chi gaining skills.

It will happen very easily. Tackling Slash has a 15 second cooldown, Rising Dragon Strike has 30 seconds, and Inner Harmony has 60 second. Every 4 seconds we will lose 55 chi (taking into account our chi built up by attacks), so unless a person gets up to those high levels of attack rate with -int gear, we will run out of chi. It just simply won't happen for roughly 30 seconds, making it very useful in PvP and also in tanking. We will be able to hold roughly about 850 chi/minute, while this skill will use 1200 chi/minute. Unfortunately we won't be able to use Shadow Escape to gain chi as well unless we don't have aggro on a mob or it's PvP. Even with that, it will not make it last long enough for more than a minute without -int gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2010

I hear that's a typo though, and that it actually just burns 20 MP per second.
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Puncture wound have the DOT as strong as cleric's thunderball, but half the speed of thunderball
    Do clerics even ever use Thunderball? Maybe they should, cause its as OP as Puncture Wound!
    When youre higher level, 2 regular hits does more damage than the bleed. Practically no assassins use it later on because the damage is no longer worth the cast time. You should know this as an.....oh wait you're lvl 30. nvm.
    Deep sting is practically odd, + its a far too high chance of sleep while it costing 50 chi. Its really easy for an assassin to kite like this, even better than archers O_O but costing half a spark.
    Did you even bother looking at Chromatic Seal? Or Soporific Whisper? Those have 100% chance to sleep with *gasp* only 20 chi used!
    Knife throw have far too much range, its longer than a ranged class while it also cancels channeling. While BMs have around half that range
    BMs can use their ranged skill almost 3 times before the Assassin knife throw coolsdown. And it does somewhat more damage.
    Too much bonus critical rate, for a LVL30 assassin
    Fail fail fail fail. Do you even have a level 30 assassin? To be saying this about wolf emblem.

I hear that's a typo though, and that it actually just burns 20 MP per second.
    100 Mana to use, 20 mana per second, 4% health per second.
    I bet he would QQ about this skill too if he wasn't just lvl 30.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You people forget that balance isn't just about endgame. Sure puncture wound and most other DOT skills for other classes become obsolete at higher lvls, but people still play through the low lvls, and can even spend quite a while there. I've noticed the same thing on my lowbie sin myself...I can puncture wound and kite and the mob dies. Now take a poor lowbie wizzy, they have to kite all the time and stop to cast spells, the sin doesn't.

Just because the majority of us posters here are high lvl's, doesn't mean low lvl balance isn't important yeh?
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I love posts by the OP. He always keeps me entertained with the fail things he states.

On topic: Like what everyone else said, a few screenshots of the skill description is hardly "proof".
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You people forget that balance isn't just about endgame.

Just because the majority of us poster's here are high lvl's, doesn't mean low lvl balance isn't important yeh?

Actually, yeah, it is mostly important at end-game.

You level so quickly and spend most of your time in BH or hyper Frost that skill balance isn't really all that important, IMO. End-game PvP is the most important balance the game has to have. If it were a year ago, I would completely agree with you, but with a little effort you can still get a level a day until you're 7x... and balance shifts between classes as you level.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Though the puncture wound is quite high sin almost not used it anymore after reaching mid lv.
    Well almost every class is not using their dot anymore after reaching certain lv anyway . . o.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The point of all of this? You have failed. Play the game for quite a while longer, you will see that the class isn't OP, you just don't know how to fight it.

actually he has played a while (so he says) but he stopped leveling because it got too easy b:question

last he said his highest was a barb at a whopping 55
    I love posts by the OP. He always keeps me entertained with the fail things he states.

thisb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Seems that there are some skills that are a tad overboard... Right now I am not very active, I will prove with screen shots later on, proof from using a level 30 assassin. I really researched the beginner skills for the classes.

P.S: Before you go "l2p" or "stop QQing about assassins" or any kiddish nerd junk, I am not talking about from PVP perspective, I am talking about the skills which can be abused. I kited as an assassin so yeah, now that is over with...

Deep sting is practically odd, + its a far too high chance of sleep while it costing 50 chi. Its really easy for an assassin to kite like this, even better than archers O_O but costing half a spark.

Wow man, that's some extensive friggin' research, right there...
    I <3 AGOREY
  • SlashSin - Lost City
    SlashSin - Lost City Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    OMG we are so OP! Nerf us nao plox!!!1!1!!
    The only sin to go from 1 to 102 completely nude b:cool
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Did you even bother looking at Chromatic Seal? Or Soporific Whisper? Those have 100% chance to sleep with *gasp* only 20 chi used!

Yea then we can tele stun, seal, another stun and survive 1 hit when we are K.O-ed. Its all balanced.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Uhm, reason why I started this thread is what bugged me when an assassin stole aggro from my archer when he's pure DEX with master and grade 4 arrows b:surrender

Those skills proved it...

I even spammed my own skills on my squishy archer when I done BH long ago with just a cleric and assassin as archer... The poor fesh died twice stealing aggro from me b:sad

Edit: for those telling me l2p, I was playing assassin and mainly used them 5 skills, I killed mobs unnaturally fast. And it was VIT sin too O_O

And I am not saying assassins are overpowered, just a few skills which can kill them :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    spamming skills on archer? l2p
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Uhm, reason why I started this thread is what bugged me when an assassin stole aggro from my archer when he's pure DEX with master and grade 4 arrows b:surrender

Those skills proved it...

I even spammed my own skills on my squishy archer when I done BH long ago with just a cleric and assassin as archer... The poor fesh died twice stealing aggro from me b:sad

Edit: for those telling me l2p, I was playing assassin and mainly used them 5 skills, I killed mobs unnaturally fast. And it was VIT sin too O_O

And I am not saying assassins are overpowered, just a few skills which can kill them :/

archers do more dmg with regular shots. I don't have an archer and even I know that. Shame!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    woot b:surprised A new level of fail make other epic fail looks like regular fail b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    archers do more dmg with regular shots. I don't have an archer and even I know that. Shame!

Pardon?

Normal
    wrong.jpg

Quickshot
    wrong2.jpg
    wrong3.jpg

300 less than quick shot, yeah normal does more than quickshot... b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Pardon?

Normal
    wrong.jpg

Quickshot
    wrong2.jpg
    wrong3.jpg

300 less than quick shot, yeah normal does more than quickshot... b:laugh

When you're DDing on a boss, you do regular shots so you don't waste time on channeling.

Common sense yes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    When you're DDing on a boss, you do regular shots so you don't waste time on channeling.

Common sense yes?

Your playing a barb, not archer you don't even have one + normal attacks + xbow = fail, thats slower than wizards casting gush b:laugh anyways, if the flaming continues... I will be asking a mod to close this thread if you silly people continue to flame me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Your playing a barb, not archer you don't even have one b:laugh anyways, if the flaming continues... I will be asking a mod to close this thread if you silly people continue to flame me

Which is sad since I have more knowledge about a class I don't play than you have of your own archer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    talk sense to a fool and he call you foolish, nuff said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Your playing a barb, not archer you don't even have one + normal attacks + xbow = fail, thats slower than wizards casting gush b:laugh anyways, if the flaming continues... I will be asking a mod to close this thread if you silly people continue to flame me

Don't use skills on bosses...the time it takes for casting/channeling, you could have had 2 or 3 normal shots that may have crit. I have the HH99xbow and dont have my -int wrists yet but yeah...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yulk it's ppl like you that give " NERF FISH PPL CUZ THAY ISH OP! " threads a bad name b:scorn .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Your playing a barb, not archer you don't even have one + normal attacks + xbow = fail, thats slower than wizards casting gush anyways, if the flaming continues... I will be asking a mod to close this thread if you silly people continue to flame me
    How about I be direct to you then? You're an idiot.
    Atleast people are giving you the logical basis on why you're wrong, but you won't accept that.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Don't use skills on bosses...the time it takes for casting/channeling, you could have had 2 or 3 normal shots that may have crit. I have the HH99xbow and dont have my -int wrists yet but yeah...

Are you talking about wiz vs archer or archers with -int in gears? I don't have any of that... Seriously, channeling is faster and up to twice more than normal damage. It takes near two seconds to use a normal attack, without -int gears, while only 1-1.5 seconds for skills. So your telling me its better of attacking every 2 seconds for at least half the damage?
    Yulk it's ppl like you that give " NERF FISH PPL CUZ THAY ISH OP! " threads a bad name b:scorn .

I didn't say tideborns are overpowered, I said some of the assassin's skills are overpowered. Everything else is fine. FEW, read the title again b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Told y'all, smack sense into a fool he will call you foolish =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Told y'all, smack sense into a fool he will call you foolish =/

I'm better off auto attacking with a veno in human form... and thats true O_O... No seriously, spark and then auto attack...

I do auto attack on this char fine.

Assassin I usually puncture wound, and when I don't kite, I just auto attack fine... Other classes makes no sense
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Bobobobobo - Lost City
    Bobobobobo - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ROFL if u don't believe auto attack is better dps for archers do some maths and u will realize. Casting skills have channeling time, + casting time, + lagging time. Key word here is damage per SECOND.
    If u don't admit it, then u are totally hopeless.
This discussion has been closed.