Event Fail?

MissUco - Sanctuary
MissUco - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
I did the event at 1600 server time. I got 1037 contribution points. It said to go to mail box for reward. I activated the quest the mail box gives you and got nothing. I didn't get any exp/spirit and no items. I do the even on my main all the time and it works just fine. What happen this time?
Post edited by MissUco - Sanctuary on

Comments

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    only top 20 of your class get a reward
    i like potato
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You need at least 2k contribution to get a reward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2010

+1

I'd also like to add, that this is one of the un-FAILest events the GMs have had, so much to gain from it!

Rank 10 psy... time to move up to 5!:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The main flaw with this event is that only 8x or 9x people with really high gear and/or is a class that can do a lot over a short period of time have the best chance of getting in the top 20 (Like sin's, archer's, or wizzies) So, lower lvls have no chance of getting in the top 20.

That's one of the main reason why this event is no good. b:surrender

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've come in over 30th place in my class with less than 2k contribution points and still got a reward.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited May 2010

wrong, i got 1500 points the other day and got...... a training Esoterica. woot! /sarcasm.

Then i trieed the next day.. keep in mind that other day i just flew around talking to npc's about 90% of the event. Next day i tried it, and ONLY killed mobs. Or should i say i TRIED to kill mobs, higher lvls kept hitting mine and pretty much one shot em. I THINK i just got 500 points hitting every mob i could get to. got a wonder "mission complete" message for a reward. heh

Seems the only way to get anything good is be a high lvl and really get alot (i mean ALOT) of kills. kinda sucks for the rest of us.....
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited May 2010

this is wrong too, i scored 24 once and got an eso
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    this is wrong too, i scored 24 once and got an eso

Yup. I got 31st today (a horrible, horrible new low for me *sniff*), and still got a reward.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ts a class that can do a lot over a short period of time have the best chance of getting in the top 20 (Like sin's, archer's, or wizzies)
    Not so much. Rankings are done by class, so you're only competing with others of the same class as you are. Admittedly, heavily cash-shopped and higher level players have an advantage still.

Also, now that the event has been around for a while, it's harder to finish well than when it first came out. The first day, I came in 1st place archer twice, and 1st place overall once. Finished as first place archer a few more times, then dropped down to top 5, and this last time I barely made it to top 15, though that's more due to being PKed right before a Nien died, and thus losing 2k or so contribution.
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thats you failing, not the event.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I tried it once, and pretty much was KS'd at every mob. I think I only managed to kill one by myself.

Most people were tab-one-shotting everything. I'd say it's only really productive or fun for higher levels.

But maybe I missed some secret. b:shocked
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    But maybe I missed some secret.
    Test of Patience/Summer Greetings for contribution instead.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I think its still fail. This event is based off of how much damage you do. Some people aren't built for damage like tanks or buff clerics. I thought, "maybe i get more random points for tanking", so I tanked 2 captains and 2 final bosses and I only got 200 points for random. This event is rigged for DD
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This is the best event to date so far.

90% of the time I'm in top 5 and get lots of nice stuff like socket stones, mirages, flawless shards, 1 to 5 mil coins from cards. Think I made over 15 mil from the event so far just in raw coins b:cute

I'm not one of the top 5 assassins on the server by far atm, yet I still get nice bonus, if you play it right it can be possible :P

A thing to mention:

There's no such thing as Kill Steal here, it only matters how much damage you do on a mob. Even if you land only 1 hit you still get contribution when mob dies... but very low of course, and you get full when you DD the mob to death only by yourself.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Sakuba - Harshlands
    Sakuba - Harshlands Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Agreeing that the event is good.
    It has nice rewards and eeveryone can get something frm it when he is doing it right.
    Sadly i didnt get coins yet Q_Q
    But well over 3M exp,shards,a ton of mirages, socket stones to 4socket my gear etc.
    Nice rewards and i think fair chances for everyone as its compared to your own class and not to all gammers..
    And everything you gave me...vanished without a trace.

Royal Duelists.

Sakuba...merged together in the shadows with SilentPain, a dark rose was born.
  • Solitia - Dreamweaver
    Solitia - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    9th in my class + No reward = Fail
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    I think its still fail. This event is based off of how much damage you do. Some people aren't built for damage like tanks or buff clerics. I thought, "maybe i get more random points for tanking", so I tanked 2 captains and 2 final bosses and I only got 200 points for random. This event is rigged for DD

For the last time, try the Test of Patience/Summer Greetings rather than killing nein minions. They put that feature there just for people who cant DD.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    yeah, only top 20 per class and a min of points :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I got first in my class today and only got mirages/chips/sockets stones Q_Q.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    this event is practically the same as all the other **** they do

those who payed tons of irl cash to get the best gear get the results and the rewards, where as everyone else is left to rot

pretty typical of a free to play game
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    But maybe I missed some secret. b:shocked

Yeah, you missed the secret F2P balancing --- which is ALWAYS in favor of 24/7 players and/or cashshoppers.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Think I made over 15 mil from the event so far just in raw coins b:cute

o good more money being pumped into the economyb:victory b:facepalm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'd also like to add, that this is one of the un-FAILest events the GMs have had, so much to gain from it!

^ This (except the chips...I hate chips...)

Also, it works like Public Quest. Based on class, squad and random points given. This allows even those w/o "epic" gear to win. The random points are a killer sometimes.

Also, you need to take the quest TWICE to activate it. I think this is where most people fail at it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    o good more money being pumped into the economyb:victory b:facepalm
    I know right?

Sucks but it's nothing compared to best luck tokens imo
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Xx_Kaoru_xX - Raging Tide
    Xx_Kaoru_xX - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Okay... you dont need to have any gear whatsoever to do great in this event... if you can be fast enough that is >___> if you're below lvl 70 or maybe 80, go for the running quests DONT do the nein beast quests until all the running is over!! Just by doing the running around quests and being fast enough, you can easily get in the top 20 of your class... im only a lvl 58 bm and have been getting 8th-16th place every time b:chuckle

*edit* pic shows im 46 but im 58 so please dont say im too low to participate in the event -___-;;
    -Insert Cool Signature with my character's screenshot here-
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Okay... you dont need to have any gear whatsoever to do great in this event... if you can be fast enough that is >___> if you're below lvl 70 or maybe 80, go for the running quests DONT do the nein beast quests until all the running is over!! Just by doing the running around quests and being fast enough, you can easily get in the top 20 of your class... im only a lvl 58 bm and have been getting 8th-16th place every time b:chuckle

*edit* pic shows im 46 but im 58 so please dont say im too low to participate in the event -___-;;

Does this mean you have to have like a T3 connection and hope that everyone else lags when they try to attack a mob? b:chuckle
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Xx_Kaoru_xX - Raging Tide
    Xx_Kaoru_xX - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Nope... Im using a crappy laptop with wireless connection... just turn down the settings and gamma and run your veno tails off b:laugh

*edit* sorry for being unclear, by fast enough, i meant running or flying speed. If you can get to each of the npc's quick enough, you should easily make the top 20 for your class. ^^;
    -Insert Cool Signature with my character's screenshot here-
    edited May 2010
    Thats you failing, not the event.

omg this is exactly what i was thinkingb:chuckle
    edited May 2010
    Also, it works like Public Quest. Based on class, squad and random points given. This allows even those w/o "epic" gear to win. The random points are a killer sometimes.

in pq chapter 1 (at least) there is no seperate ranking between classes
    yes, you can see your ranking among your class but being #1 barb doesnt give you anything
    that's the reason there are hardly any kitties in pqb:chuckle

(well, there was a barb once that was #3 while i was #4 but i have a feeling that he was in squad)
  • tiasung
    tiasung Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The main flaw with this event is that only 8x or 9x people with really high gear and/or is a class that can do a lot over a short period of time have the best chance of getting in the top 20 (Like sin's, archer's, or wizzies) So, lower lvls have no chance of getting in the top 20.

That's one of the main reason why this event is no good. b:surrender

Getting into the top 20 is not much of a problem, altho getting good packs is a different matter. (depending on your class)
    And fyi, low levels can easily get into the top 20....i got rank 5 on my lvl 50 earlier tonight.