Assassin level 79 skills

Options
Somebody - Raging Tide
Somebody - Raging Tide Posts: 112 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Assassin
Ok, so i just got my 79 skills after waiting a few monts...

First off, the attack skill
Condensed Thorn
mana 178
channel 0.3
cast 0.7
cooldown 15
Deals damage based on ur attack +1817.4 psysical damage.
Also slows target by 50% for 5 seconds
Also adds 50% Water damage to your normal attack for 10seconds.

didn't hit really hard. but 50% extra water dmg on normal hits b:dirty no complains for me

Second skill
Healing Trance
Mana 100
Channel 3sec
Cooldown 180
weapon: daggers, unarmed
Control the power of the sparks, and swet a watery aura around yourself.
Costs 20 mana per second to increase your health regeneration rate.
Heals by 6% Hleath for each second, until your mana has been depleted or manually cancelled.
Doesn't knock you out of stealth

So... we get a self heal. its constant until no mana, or stopped yourself.
it doesn't work on others.. and you cant do anything while using it.
in other words, we get an awesome self heal, that makes u a sitting duck for everybody and doesn't work on others.

discuss
Post edited by Somebody - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Pure_Black - Harshlands
    Pure_Black - Harshlands Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    so now you get a skill to kill of HA's easy and you get a skill to even get a extra healing on top of your "i'm not gonna die you bish" skill.

The self heal skill is a permanent HP pot if you have a MP charm. It doesn't say anywhere that you can't do anything else. and also this skill is best used when you are in stealth to get back up to 100%. Sins almost don't even need a HP charm anymore if you think of it. They have their charm in form of skills. Daeden nerves to keep you from dying, then you stealth and wait a few secs till you are full again and put daeden nerves back on.

/thread and the new game forsaken world gets better and better imho, even if it's not finished yet
  • Somebody - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It doesn't say anywhere that you can't do anything else.

it doesn't say it anywhere, but i have tried it myself. that's where the info comes from
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Don't complain on the 2nd skill bc it's pretty useless. It's only like a fast meditation that empties your MP bar.

You can't use it while PKing/Duel/TWing, since:
    1. if you have a charm, then why spend your time healing yourself?
    2. if not, you can go stealth and get healed yeah... but it's the same effect as stealth...crab meat jaozi... continue atking, just that drains MP instead of coins.

only use it has is on PvE on the break between killing 2 mobs.

I'm really sad for that skill T_T. (If you look on auctioneer on HT, that skill book is on sale for 300k)
    edited May 2010
    Options
    it doesn't say it anywhere, but i have tried it myself. that's where the info comes from

okay /end discussion about healing skill.

now discuss the skill that is gonna kill off Ha's like crazy

why do i say this? because BM's like me like the ability to use our 2 spark skill that adds fire damage, to actually have a chance to kill a HA in PvP.
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    tss... demon barbs has +50% wood atk on their attacks with his buff that lasts 15 minutes, not 10 seconds

And sage got +40% during 30 minutes

and non sage/demon have +30% during 15 minutes... still better than +50% for 10 seconds

it's not OP

/skill thread
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ask a wizard for Frostblade (30% water dmg) and see what happens to your damage. It's hardly OP, lol.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So far I've thought of one reasonably good use for the self-heal skill: in cube of fate 'survive 1 min of high-dmg aoe' rooms. Other than that... pots or blood paint work better.

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    tss... demon barbs has +50% wood atk on their attacks with his buff that lasts 15 minutes, not 10 seconds

And sage got +40% during 30 minutes

and non sage/demon have +30% during 15 minutes... still better than +50% for 10 seconds

it's not OP

/skill thread

Just because someone else has it doesn't mean it's not overpowered.

By your logic, if Barbarians got Ironheart, it wouldn't be overpowered.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Bad logic long. We are comparing classes that have a form of ELEMENTAL dmg added onto regular attacks. What on earth does healing have to do with damage... pick better analogy next time. No, it is not overpowered... bms get a similar skill after all, do they not, with fire dmg instead.

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Both 79s are one spark?
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm sick of all the Sin buffs that only last a few seconds. I hate having to rebuff every minute. Can we please get some longer buffs. (BTW I know Bloodpaint is longer and some Sage/Demon skills extend) It's just annoying and serves no purpose other then to inconvenience.
  • Somebody - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    both unsparked, and yes they are pretty short.. but ow well... lets just hope it gets changed
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think if sin self buffs lasted any longer they would be OP as all get out.

Focused mind is sexy as hell, but it's annoying for anyone trying to kill a sin D:
  • legateu
    legateu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    >_> so would the Condensed Thorn skill really be powerful enough to knock down a HA user (only with that 10 sec water dmg. buff)? I mean on BMs, yea probably, but on barbs and their 20+ HP? X_X is the cooldown like really fast or whats the deal there?
  • Somebody - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    cooldown 15 seconds, so pretty spammable. haven't tested against HA yet. going to later today
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Would you mind doing a damage comparison between normal attacks with the 79 skill and normal attacks with apoth magic potions (deep river poison, glacial frost orb)?
  • Raggen - Dreamweaver
    Raggen - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If Condensed Thorn stacks with Wizards FrostBlade, then it's a epic good skill to kill HA.

The other skill is just fine to go throught some rooms in Cube of Fate, like 30 and 47
  • RedHawkShade - Lost City
    RedHawkShade - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    anyone know if the skills is worth the money. or if one is an the other blows
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yakuzi
    yakuzi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I am Aware of Vacuity but I cannot learn those skills (they dont showup in the list)

How come?
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    anyone know if the skills is worth the money. or if one is an the other blows

the condensed thorn seems useless...though i dont have it yet and it's possible my friend just sucks at using it.

the HP regen one i can only see being useful in rooms 9, 30, 47 of cube...or if you want a heal between mobs you grind on.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • yakuzi
    edited May 2010
    Options
    How come I cant learn them? They dont showup in the list QQ

I have the right culti lvl.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yakuzi wrote: »
    I am Aware of Vacuity but I cannot learn those skills (they dont showup in the list)

How come?
    yakuzi wrote: »
    How come I cant learn them? They dont showup in the list QQ

I have the right culti lvl.

first you must quit being a noob.
    b:chuckle
    Then you has to realize that advanced mystical pages, medium ink, and access to OHT be needed first.
    (well don't really need the access to OHT but medium ink be sold there.)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yakuzi
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I posted twice cuz my first post was on the other page, and some ppl skip to the last page.

But thx for the reply :)
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Then you has to realize that advanced mystical pages, medium ink, and access to OHT be needed first.

Don't you mean apocalypse pages? noob b:chuckle

b:avoid
    Retired b:bye
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ok so i got condensed thorn....i tried it on my barb freind in tiger form. it turned my 1k crits into 1.1k crits....wtf? i didnt do the math or anything but that seems pretty pethetic. im very dissapointed in it
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    is your friend's armor sharded with saphires, or very high refine magic ornaments? or just run of mill barb? I am very interested in this skill. Thanks for the info and can't wait to hear more.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options

hey hamsta i found your friends...and your siggy pic b:chuckle
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ok so i got condensed thorn....i tried it on my barb freind in tiger form. it turned my 1k crits into 1.1k crits....wtf? i didnt do the math or anything but that seems pretty pethetic. im very dissapointed in it

So you say +10% is worthless?

My point being is that if you miss a crit or two you won't kill a charmed barb. Now this skills gives you the ability to always kill a charmed barb.

Think about your stealthed sparks for a sec please. that 10% increases just as well with your regular damage. So in the end your crits would end up like 3.5K crits sparked instead of 3 K crits sparked.

This imho is a huge damage boost that no other class has. Even tho BM's have a similar skill, it's at a cost of two sparks + players can anticipate on the move, and it's not spammable.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So you say +10% is worthless?

My point being is that if you miss a crit or two you won't kill a charmed barb. Now this skills gives you the ability to always kill a charmed barb.

Think about your stealthed sparks for a sec please. that 10% increases just as well with your regular damage. So in the end your crits would end up like 3.5K crits sparked instead of 3 K crits sparked.

This imho is a huge damage boost that no other class has. Even tho BM's have a similar skill, it's at a cost of two sparks + players can anticipate on the move, and it's not spammable.

if this skill works like all other magic adds then it will only add damage to normal swings ( interval sin ftw) and sparking will not increase it's damage as it only adds a percentage of your weapon damage, not your physical attack. as it is now it's an average skill to use. if it was instant cast, did no damage, and still lasted 10 seconds it would be better. wasting 1 second after sparking then using power dash just isn't a good use of time IMO.

i'll still get it and try it out, but i doubt it's a "Must Have" skill. i'd rather take the heal at this point as it's useful in cube 100 sec stand rooms and i do cube every day.
  • Patriialt - Dreamweaver
    Patriialt - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    why is it that Pure_Black will cry about 79 skills that add little damage, yet not complain about his overpowered HF+Bramblerage combo that can kill pretty much anything, even kill multiple people at once. Maybe Pure_Black is focusing fire on the wrong class? O.o

Condensed thorn i believe doesn't actually ADD 50% water dmg, but it turns half of your physical damage into water damage, so it's no bonus, just a damage type conversion. Condensed thorn also does not stack with wiz wep buff, if you use condensed after you've been buffed, after 10 seconds both are gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.