RQ back?

Options

Comments

• paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    My 28k hp says otherwise b:victory

It was good enough to kill Pharoh the other day with minimal effort *shrugs*

I'll worry about it when I get one shot a few times.

you were able to catch her/him?
    Here we go again....
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ahahahahah RQ lost
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    RQ back?

hell yeah!
    i dont want to meet either one of them...i mean both of them...kitamura and kazahana...b:sad
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    RQ will never "be back."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I agree with Rose, RQ's been dead since Mystic left.

Also, anyone have the SCII beta? I'm bored and need someone to play. b:cute
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • combatx
    combatx Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I agree with Rose, RQ's been dead since Mystic left.

Also, anyone have the SCII beta? I'm bored and need someone to play. b:cute

And what do you know about mystic? Or the differences between post and pre-mystic rq?

Or are you one of those people who just say stuff like this to convey the image that you're somewhat important and know what you're talking about?

In other words; justify.
    I don't know if anything that I say is standard human nature. or if it matches up perfectly with some pathetic subculture. or that it fits the psychological profile of someone in need of this specific form of something.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    combatx wrote: »
    Or the differences between post and pre-mystic rq?

I just have to say it:

RQ - Mystic
    RQ - Column
    RQ - LordKaza

You cannot tell me there is not a difference...the point is RQ will never be "RQ" the way it is meant to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• combatx
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I just have to say it:

RQ - Mystic
    RQ - Column
    RQ - LordKaza

You cannot tell me there is not a difference...the point is RQ will never be "RQ" the way it is meant to be.

Just because you entitle each 'era' of ragequit with a suffix doesn't justify any differences.

Consider the logical fallacy: burden of proof.

That's not to say that I think that former and present RQ hasn't changed, but people need to justify their statements. Refer to the above post by me.

The reason why I ask people to tell me the difference between pre/post-mystic rq is because they have absolutely no idea what they are. They just say stuff which may appear convincing but have no foundation for their claims.
    I don't know if anything that I say is standard human nature. or if it matches up perfectly with some pathetic subculture. or that it fits the psychological profile of someone in need of this specific form of something.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Just because you entitle each 'era' of ragequit with a suffix doesn't justify any differences.

Consider the logical fallacy: burden of proof.

That's not to say that I think that former and present RQ hasn't changed, but people need to justify their statements. Refer to the above post by me.

The reason why I ask people to tell me the difference between pre/post-mystic rq is because they have absolutely no idea what they are. They just say stuff which may appear convincing but have no foundation for their claims.

With each leader comes change.

No one leader will be able to lead like the other, regardless of whether the same or different rules are entered upon.

BTW --> When you looked up your link in Google, why did you not go with this one?

Is it because you violated the one of the key definitions of what a logical fallacy is:
    A logical fallacy is, roughly speaking, an error of reasoning. When someone adopts a position, or tries to persuade someone else to adopt a position, based on a bad piece of reasoning, they commit a fallacy.

Sounds to me you are doing exactly that b:surrender

Overall, this is not something imo that is arguable. RQ as it is now will NVR be the original PWI RQ that was lead under Mystic.
    I am not against RQ coming back as a guild, but for ppl to think that it will ever be like the "original" is just....well dumb imo.

TBH: I could care less....lol ;)...btw how is school :)

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• DestroyTokyo - Lost City
    DestroyTokyo - Lost City Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    There are HUGE noticeable differences between Mystics and Columns RQ and I suppose you would have had to spent a large portion of time in both to see the differences. I truly believe far too many people here are speaking without knowing much of anything aside from what they've read on forums or heard stories from 2nd, 3rd of even 4th hand.

Mystic was a Guild leader first and a friend second, he always based his decisions on what would benefit RQ the most atm. Column on the other hand was everyones friend in guild and played it more as a democracy often giving a fair majority of the guild a say in his decision making.

The RQ @ the start of the server was also the far more organized group of the 2 as well, you can just tell by the early TW videos.

Original RQ was very business style-esque in the sense that there was a job to do(rpk), get it done, rinse and repeat,

Columns was more of a "I want to get trashed and troll everyone" and had little self control in game.

This isn't saying Column was a bad leader, because lets be honest.. He did quite well with what he had left.

But to say there is no difference aside from who was the leader is just ridiculous imo.

There is obviously more contrasts, and I could go on, but the Lakers play in 45 mintues.
    9x WB
    Voted "Best WB on Lost City Server" b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • combatx
    edited May 2010
    Options
    With each leader comes change.

No one leader will be able to lead like the other, regardless of whether the same or different rules are entered upon.

BTW --> When you looked up your link in Google, why did you not go with this one?

Is it because you violated the one of the key definitions of what a logical fallacy is:

Sounds to me you are doing exactly that b:surrender

Overall, this is not something imo that is arguable. RQ as it is now will NVR be the original PWI RQ that was lead under Mystic.
    I am not against RQ coming back as a guild, but for ppl to think that it will ever be like the "original" is just....well dumb imo.

TBH: I could care less....lol ;)...btw how is school :)

b:cute

Claim: RQ died after mystic left (nakhimov)
    Rebuttal: What exactly changed after mystic left? (me)
    Response: You cannot deny nothing changed after he left (redsrose)

It's a textbook burden of proof (as well as being slightly irrelevant) fallacy, not sure what you want me to say...

Once again, I'm looking for specifics. People toss around "RQ was different when column took over... or when nsync was formed.." or whatnot but they don't have any specifics about why or how its different.

"With every leader comes a change" is not specific. I'm not arguing everything was the exact same. I'm criticizing people who were not in the guild, or were too nonfactor at the time, or even not playing at the time that insist on giving their social commentary about something they don't know much about.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I hope the light armor mage comes back. That would increase the number of 9x's I can kill to three.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Claim: RQ died after mystic left (nakhimov)
    Rebuttal: What exactly changed after mystic left? (me)
    Response: You cannot deny nothing changed after he left (redsrose)

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough; RQ was already dead or dying by the time Mystic left. Losing TWs, getting wiped off the map, etc, etc.

When we were low levels, RQ was serious business; they'd RPK you and they were all over. By the time Column took over, RQ wasn't an RPK guild anymore. They were a PK guild, yes, but they didn't and don't have the stigma, leadership, or the factor status that they had under mystic.

Saying I'm wrong because I present something that should be logical and obvious without spelling it out directly doesn't make me wrong.

Perhaps you're discrediting me because I'm an outside observer, or I'm "nonfactor"? It's not like nobody but the people in RQ and CQ saw it decline over time, just impossible. Us nonfactors lack higher brain function.

It was also no secret that RQ-PWI was removed from the RQ main site even before Column took over. That couldn't possibly mean the guild was dying, right?

TL;DR, you found a link to "burden of proof" and now you're trying to apply it where it should not be applied. I'm told when you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

P.S. What makes you think I didn't have an alt in RQ for any period of time? b:cute
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • combatx
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Perhaps I wasn't clear enough; RQ was already dead or dying by the time Mystic left. Losing TWs, getting wiped off the map, etc, etc.

When we were low levels, RQ was serious business; they'd RPK you and they were all over. By the time Column took over, RQ wasn't an RPK guild anymore. They were a PK guild, yes, but they didn't and don't have the stigma, leadership, or the factor status that they had under mystic.

Saying I'm wrong because I present something that should be logical and obvious without spelling it out directly doesn't make me wrong.

Perhaps you're discrediting me because I'm an outside observer, or I'm "nonfactor"? It's not like nobody but the people in RQ and CQ saw it decline over time, just impossible. Us nonfactors lack higher brain function.

It was also no secret that RQ-PWI was removed from the RQ main site even before Column took over. That couldn't possibly mean the guild was dying, right?

TL;DR, you found a link to "burden of proof" and now you're trying to apply it where it should not be applied. I'm told when you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

P.S. What makes you think I didn't have an alt in RQ for any period of time? b:cute

RQ lost the stigma? Remember the safelist with GuardianZ, or the co-operation with CQ to wipe bloodlust off the TW map? Mystics idea, actually. That's about when he said 'rq is dying.'

Except people who weren't in the guild took that the heart. It wasn't the truth. You have NO idea why PWI was removed off of RQ forums. You have NO idea why mystic 'quit' (and thereafter proceeded to spread propaganda for the masses to eat up). You don't even KNOW mystic.

Not gonna get into it. Keep living your pipe dream.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    My 28k hp says otherwise b:victory

It was good enough to kill Pharoh the other day with minimal effort *shrugs*

I'll worry about it when I get one shot a few times.
    28khp doesn't really mean much when every cash shopper can take that out in about 4 seconds with 5.0 attack rate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    RQ lost the stigma? Remember the safelist with GuardianZ, or the co-operation with CQ to wipe bloodlust off the TW map? Mystics idea, actually. That's about when he said 'rq is dying.'

Except people who weren't in the guild took that the heart. It wasn't the truth. You have NO idea why PWI was removed off of RQ forums. You have NO idea why mystic 'quit' (and thereafter proceeded to spread propaganda for the masses to eat up). You don't even KNOW mystic.

Not gonna get into it. Keep living your pipe dream.

Actually, I had an EA in guild for several months. So try to get over yourself.

And yes, RQ did lose the stigma they had at the earlier stages of the server. Mystic realised that, as you just said yourself.

And as to why RQ was removed from their forums; because the PWI sect of RQ was moving to Aio.n(lawl that's still filtered). And why? Because PWI's RQ was effectively dead

So please, call me nonfactor or ignorant. It may be incredibly difficult for you to swallow, but you really aren't the only person who knows anything about this topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    PWI-RQ went through a lot of phases, depending on who was in the guild at the time. The guild went through a lot of changes, I guess the biggest were the leader changes, but there were a lot of other memorable people, for me at least.

Remember Ara? He and Daikoku solo farmed the first hh60 weapons for half the server. He made a lot of money for that.

Do you remember Celes? One of the first 7x on the server and one of the first to sell his account.

Remember Blackout, Meatshield, etc? quit/banned/bored of the game after 7x because you had to start the grind.

HulkHogan/Stonecold? quit for personal reasons, but were at the top of the level curve until high 8x.

And really, all that was in the first couple months. There are a whole lot more people who come to mind.

I'm not about to argue the point that RQ is back, because its not going to ever be the same RQ.

And no, I'm still not going to play PWI for now, I am enjoying my RL a lot right now, and its getting warmer out so I can go spend some time on the beach. Not to say I don't miss some of my friends here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    squab wrote: »
    me being one of them you **** bag.

that's not saying much when every 9x on the server can kill you... ijs..b:bye
  • combatx
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Actually, I had an EA in guild for several months. So try to get over yourself.

And yes, RQ did lose the stigma they had at the earlier stages of the server. Mystic realised that, as you just said yourself.

And as to why RQ was removed from their forums; because the PWI sect of RQ was moving to Aio.n(lawl that's still filtered). And why? Because PWI's RQ was effectively dead

So please, call me nonfactor or ignorant. It may be incredibly difficult for you to swallow, but you really aren't the only person who knows anything about this topic.

Lol you're so oblivious! Notice how I didn't comment on DTs post? Because he has experience and was with us through all of it. His opinion is justified because he knows the ins and outs of what took place. Outsiders I critisize because they say ridiculous things like "rq died when mystic left." did you know mystic left BECAUSE he felt his guild wanted him to leave? That they wanted Column as leader? So when people say 'rq died when mystic left' it obviously means they weren't there when he assigned Column as leader, because it wasn't him "ditching a dead guild" but rather a guild kicking out a dead leader.

I dont even know what to say, all your statements are so... obtuse. No PWI was not removed from the forums because they were switching games? Do you know how many game subforums there are that they arent playing? Rohan was there for like a year after they quit.

No idea what ideal you're trying to defend, but Nakhimov is right.
    Mystics Ragequit was Ragequit
    it's stated ON the RQ website that anyone else with the guild tag is not affiliated with Ragequit.
    I.e
    "oh, we were on (game Mystic never brought RQ to) so we're RQ too!"
    No, no way in hell is that true, according to Mystic.
    so, when all is said and done, if mystic is not leader of ragequit, it is not ragequit.

I'm sure only mystic embodied the traits that made Ragequit what it was. Im 100% certain that members like Fsweet, Deadbone, Platypuss, Ordain (lol), DT, Hip, Amour didn't make RQ what it was. And there no way possible that RQ is in fact a subculture instead of a name.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Lol you're so oblivious! Notice how I didn't comment on DTs post? Because he has experience and was with us through all of it. His opinion is justified because he knows the ins and outs of what took place. Outsiders I critisize because they say ridiculous things like "rq died when mystic left." did you know mystic left BECAUSE he felt his guild wanted him to leave? That they wanted Column as leader?

So the fact that I wasn't there means I'm 100% wrong, right?

I guess it's my turn to throw a bitchfit about "burden of proof" b:cute

My original statement was indeed a bit too final, you'll note that I amended that in my second.

Let me reiterate for you: When mystic left RQ, it was already dead or dying. It did not and almost certainly will not ever again reach the prestige or playerbase it had before he left.

Don't argue semantics for the sake of argument.

Also, RQ as a "subculture"; hilarious for the sheer pretentiousness.
    You're right, however, a guild is the sum of its members, but you should be aware (as a PRECIOUS LONGTIME MEMBER) that there certainly aren't a lot of those members in the new RQ and only a few stayed until Column's disband.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • combatx
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So the fact that I wasn't there means I'm 100% wrong, right?

I guess it's my turn to throw a bitchfit about "burden of proof" b:cute

My original statement was indeed a bit too final, you'll note that I amended that in my second.

Let me reiterate for you: When mystic left RQ, it was already dead or dying. It did not and almost certainly will not ever again reach the prestige or playerbase it had before he left.

Don't argue semantics for the sake of argument.

Also, RQ as a "subculture"; hilarious for the sheer pretentiousness.
    You're right, however, a guild is the sum of its members, but you should be aware (as a PRECIOUS LONGTIME MEMBER) that there certainly aren't a lot of those members in the new RQ and only a few stayed until Column's disband.

I'm feeling crazy right now, so I'll toss another curveball at you.

Rq was dying while mystic was leader. There was a period of about 3 weeks where Column resigned as director after a TW loss, and mystics 'computer broke down.' In that period we had no director, no leader. it was at this point people started dropping out. People like ddddddfunLOL, sawechi, Fsweet, Deumos...

The rest of us looked forward to mystic fixing his computer so that he could make Column the director (again). Once mystic fixed his computer, Column pruned the guild list to 74 people. This was a height that RQ didnt feel since a long time, and EVERYONE agreed.

But after Mystic fixed his computer, he would log on for 10 minutes a day, world chat, then log off. He wasn't leading, in fact he was playing some other 2d MMORPG game with people like malefica. This went on for a long time, and Column assumed the leadership position.

A month later, when RQ was doing MUCH better thanks to Columns leadership, and we were becoming factor again Mystic wanted to come back and lead us again. Then he did some radical things such as cooperating with conqueror and safelisting guardianz. Some of us were like wtf? whats he doing? Those aren't RQ ideals.

So RQ rejected him as a leader, and he assigned Column the leadership position and quit the game.

Afterwards, RQ got a lot stronger. Even more strong than in the early days of LC. Anyone remember the weekend where CQ lost TWO level 2 territories to us and Spectral? That was the weekend before Nsync formed, and RQ unfortunately went back into crisis.

Anyways, nobody who was in RQ would tell you that RQ died when mystic left. RQ rejected mystic in order to live further. It's borderline insulting when you make such a claim.

Enjoy this little piece of RQ lore... this discussion depresses me. I can't handle people talking about RQ like this. Let me romanticize in the past, about the most fun and engaging guild I've ever been in, specifically the time between mystics departure, and before the "schooled-era" (rq members know what im talking about).
  • X - Lost City
    X - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    no dylan no RQ.
    the first black man in PWI to have rank 8~ b:cute
  • combatx
    edited May 2010
    Options
    PWI-RQ went through a lot of phases, depending on who was in the guild at the time. The guild went through a lot of changes, I guess the biggest were the leader changes, but there were a lot of other memorable people, for me at least.

Remember Ara? He and Daikoku solo farmed the first hh60 weapons for half the server. He made a lot of money for that.

Do you remember Celes? One of the first 7x on the server and one of the first to sell his account.

Remember Blackout, Meatshield, etc? quit/banned/bored of the game after 7x because you had to start the grind.

HulkHogan/Stonecold? quit for personal reasons, but were at the top of the level curve until high 8x.

And really, all that was in the first couple months. There are a whole lot more people who come to mind.

I'm not about to argue the point that RQ is back, because its not going to ever be the same RQ.

And no, I'm still not going to play PWI for now, I am enjoying my RL a lot right now, and its getting warmer out so I can go spend some time on the beach. Not to say I don't miss some of my friends here.

i loved omit, deumos, niwa, sinnerz, deathslinger (lol), maguro, deadbone, volluto, fsweet, axident... I reminisce.

my only regret is not being able to join sooner, you had the luxury of being RQ since CB.. i didn't. I didn't really get to know others like kazu and ice, at least during pWI, because they were gone by the time i was in... Yeah pwi might be a ********* game, but rq made it fun... oh well
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    true
    I don't play anymore.
    your point? =O

in all honesty I kinda quit my cleric as well, rerolled a mage, fun stuff, wish I had started a mage sooner.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    in all honesty I kinda quit my cleric as well, rerolled a mage, fun stuff, wish I had started a mage sooner.

b:shocked
    Bowlinbob....dog?
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Entersandman - Lost City
    Entersandman - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm feeling crazy right now, so I'll toss another curveball at you.

Rq was dying while mystic was leader. There was a period of about 3 weeks where Column resigned as director after a TW loss, and mystics 'computer broke down.' In that period we had no director, no leader. it was at this point people started dropping out. People like ddddddfunLOL, sawechi, Fsweet, Deumos...

The rest of us looked forward to mystic fixing his computer so that he could make Column the director (again). Once mystic fixed his computer, Column pruned the guild list to 74 people. This was a height that RQ didnt feel since a long time, and EVERYONE agreed.

But after Mystic fixed his computer, he would log on for 10 minutes a day, world chat, then log off. He wasn't leading, in fact he was playing some other 2d MMORPG game with people like malefica. This went on for a long time, and Column assumed the leadership position.

A month later, when RQ was doing MUCH better thanks to Columns leadership, and we were becoming factor again Mystic wanted to come back and lead us again. Then he did some radical things such as cooperating with conqueror and safelisting guardianz. Some of us were like wtf? whats he doing? Those aren't RQ ideals.

So RQ rejected him as a leader, and he assigned Column the leadership position and quit the game.

Afterwards, RQ got a lot stronger. Even more strong than in the early days of LC. Anyone remember the weekend where CQ lost TWO level 2 territories to us and Spectral? That was the weekend before Nsync formed, and RQ unfortunately went back into crisis.

Anyways, nobody who was in RQ would tell you that RQ died when mystic left. RQ rejected mystic in order to live further. It's borderline insulting when you make such a claim.

Enjoy this little piece of RQ lore... this discussion depresses me. I can't handle people talking about RQ like this. Let me romanticize in the past, about the most fun and engaging guild I've ever been in, specifically the time between mystics departure, and before the "schooled-era" (rq members know what im talking about).

This man speaks the truth, trolls listen up.

RQ was a strong guild during mystics time, but for quite a few months under Columns leadership we were very strong also (excluding me I do/did **** all but have a few of fun)
    My favorite period was the start/middle of columns leadership.

entersandman
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

RQ was a strong guild during mystics time, but for quite a few months under Columns leadership we were very strong also (excluding me I do/did **** all but have a few of fun)

entersandman

holy **** its sandman!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    you know what i love, RQ gank like crazy and i watched 2 RQ members get ganked on top of HT and they QQed like carzy i mean it was like 10 mins long they would not shut up
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options

entersandman

You know, you had the scariest looking character ever. The end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the good old rq died.

R.I.P the old RQ, rebirth of the RQQQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.