Do you still like FTP MMORPG?

Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Me not. I would rather pay ~20$ every month and have equal chances for all players to get gear based on my(their) hard work, than just buy it from item mall.
Yesterday I was in dragon temple event. I'm almost lv. 101 and I have no chance to survive. 1 player still killed me always and always. So I checked his gear. Of course all gear +10 with nirvana pants. All gear filled up with +2 def shards. And weapon +12 shimbaranco.
Conclusion? You don't have chance to survive and have fun at the end of game without HARD cashshopping. I'm kinda sad. I lost more than year and 1/2 playing this game. I think my time here is gonna end soon.b:cry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Mumintroll - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Macenza - Archosaur
    Macenza - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    if ur just a player here to explore what the game has to offer (apart from any kinda of pvp) then the game is playable, ofcourse if ur here to pvp and not gonna cash shop, unless ur in a good TW guild earning a **** load of money i prob wudnt even bother playing,

or ofcourse if u no how to realy exploit the econamy then thats ur way for money for OP gear,
    eitherway it still sucks since without CSing ur stuff, it can still take several months to remotly catch up to a CSer,
    the game for me has generaly gone down hill aswell.
  • Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Me not. I would rather pay ~20$ every month and have equal chances for all players to get gear based on my(their) hard work, than just buy it from item mall.
    Yesterday I was in dragon temple event. I'm almost lv. 101 and I have no chance to survive. 1 player still killed me always and always. So I checked his gear. Of course all gear +10 with nirvana pants. All gear filled up with +2 def shards. And weapon +12 shimbaranco.
    Conclusion? You don't have chance to survive and have fun at the end of game without HARD cashshopping. I'm kinda sad. I lost more than year and 1/2 playing this game. I think my time here is gonna end soon.b:cry

Just love your poll. After this game I have exactly same feelings about it. Many people will defend game with keyword 'mearchanting' but hell, I do play mmo's to play them not to reach max in 2 months then play silly market for another year to get top gear or spend $x000 on such ****. Well, some folks can advice me gettin fast and cheap mount and pick herbs and mats, I do have spurred goldmane and even that doesnt make it interesting.

Sorry ppl but OP is deadly right.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I would never pay for this game. This game is one of the best f2p games I have played, but there are tons of better p2p games out there. What makes PWI unique is that it has some of the best graphics for a f2p game, and that the $ currency (Gold) can be bought with the in game currency (coins). Make it P2P, and it loses it's attractions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    GW is also a free to play game... GW2 might be b:dirty
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    GW is also a free to play game... GW2 might be b:dirty
    B2P. Hopefully the same for B&S, but I won't count on it. GW2 will apparently be B2P like GW. Can't wait for it. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    What PWI would say is:

This game is FREE to play, if you want to win on end-game, you should spend some hundreds in our boutique. b:thanks

Sad but true, every free to play MMORPG has this problem, else, no one would buy anything from the boutique / cash shop.

As for me, my goal is lvl 100, after than I will finish raising my venomancer to keep getting DQ items for my cleric expenses. And then, only then, might start an assassin for the lolz of it. I love this game and that will never change, even if you must pay to win, I'm not looking to win, just to get what I want to get, the around $500 USD i've spent in this game were used for the next things:

1. Fashion, yes useless, but why not if you have the money for it / you like it?, its a way of entertainment anyways.

2. Wings, was going to get brilliant plumes, but at the time they came out they were around 40-50m or so, so gave up on those and got iridescence, you know? I actually loved iridescence more than brilliant, those are way to pinky shiny lmao.

3. Goldmane, recently got it, and if you look around the trade forum, I'm looking for prices of it around 9 months ago or so, yes waited a long while for this mount, I love my little Aslan.

4. Coins, I will be honest, before getting my venomancer I was way too lazy to grind lol.

5. Hercules, yes got it for my veno (take $200 from the $500, were used on this), got my veno a herc at lvl 15 or so. Yeah I know people say if you raise a veno with a herc they will be noobs, seriously? or ... jealousy? b:chuckle why do every veno wants a herc then if they are so noobs.

Why doing all this? for one reason, spending time with other people, running dungeons, farming coins for something better for your char, going suicidal against a world boss, tw even if i lag the hell out of me, I still like this game and when I reach my goals, who knows, I might just log in for helping my faction mates, I always liked to help ^^

And some times you might call me an idiot, but, I like hanging around PWI, listening to the music, and simply just watching the amazing graphics this game brings to everyone for free.

My 2 cents b:thanks

PS: Yes I like Free to Play MMORPGS, why?

Because you can enjoy something without really spending money on it, if pwi was pay to play, i would not be here and would be in other mmorpg who knows which, I have tons of chars around the gaming world lol.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    B2P. Hopefully the same for B&S, but I won't count on it. GW2 will apparently be B2P like GW. Can't wait for it. b:pleased

Aaah, I was wondering what its acronym would be hehe - I know F2P and P2P, wasn't sure on this one (there aren't many like it). I can't wait for ir - the Elementalist skills they posted reminded me how much I b:heart ele.
  • Pervera - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Sad but true, every free to play MMORPG has this problem, else, no one would buy anything from the boutique / cash shop.

Really?

Look on what you spent your cash and what you said above. Your $300 went on non need to win items and I'm sure there's enough people as you what would cover development (sry but development of this game is incredibly slow vs cash they suck of it) cost and give them a serious profit. However, why to do so if you can make silly money without any real effort and some people will never realize they were vitctims of scam anyway? b:laugh
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I voted no. I will not play another F2P MMO. However, I will never play a P2P MMO either. My point, this is my first and last MMO. When it's over, it's over.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Really?

Look on what you spent your cash and what you said above. Your $300 went on non need to win items and I'm sure there's enough people as you what would cover development (sry but development of this game is incredibly slow vs cash they suck of it) cost and give them a serious profit. However, why to do so if you can make silly money without any real effort and some pople will never realize they were vitctims of scamy anyway? b:laugh

You dont really know heavy cash shoppers do you, $300 is nothing on a free to play game to consider yourself a cash shopper.

If you think it is a scam, dont buy anything, but I don't feel being scammed, I pay more when I go out with friends on a weekend that what I've spent in about 1 year here. b:chuckle

The thing is, if you like the game, it entertains you, and you want to enhance, NOTE ENHANCE NOT BUY, your gaming then spend some money, else don't and go find a P2P MMORPG you will find yourself trapped then, you need to pay X amount of money for playing, if you stop paying, bye bye char. Now THAT is a scam. ^^
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This was the best game I ever played, but if the devs make a game where everyone become 100 easily, they should of tried something else. I like FTPs, I get to try the game, view items before I buy the things so I don't regret wasting money on. Right now the devs need work done if they want to keep the players playing, while earning money at the same time. And that means getting rid of gold trading. I can see why the devs raised gold prices, too many people taking advantage of free gold or taking advantage of gold to coins. Instead they use packs to try to earn money. Bad management.

There would still be non-cash shopped players and cash shopped players. Infact, it was better off that way because I played old mmorpgs, there was no gold trading there, people didn't really complain about cash shopped items. Except in one of those games that I have leveled to 80+ (I never reached that high in other rpgs or mmorpgs lol) and it was worse, its like charms and crit suits and stuff to make an even easier game, an inflation of +9s. People SOLOING dungeons like crazy. Worst of all, people could get to LVL80 in a WEEK. And this was a FTP game.

So if you quit now, and move, you might never find a nice game. I even seen some P2Ps real garbage. Not saying you should quit now and find another game. You probably will find a good game. But its better to hang with real friends, go have fun on the outside world. I do the same btw, it doesn't require loads of cash in a park or at the beach. Also, you can always reason with the devs to make the game better. My two cents
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Aaah, I was wondering what its acronym would be hehe - I know F2P and P2P, wasn't sure on this one (there aren't many like it). I can't wait for ir - the Elementalist skills they posted reminded me how much I b:heart ele.
    A lot of people call it f2p. I just prefer calling it b2p because it's more accurate.

Checking out the GW2 videos right now. b:sin

It looks amazing. The new races, the new classes, the new areas.......I'm so excited. Too bad it's not releasing soon. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Pervera - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    You dont really know heavy cash shoppers do you, $300 is nothing on a free to play game to consider yourself a cash shopper.

If you think it is a scam, dont buy anything, but I don't feel being scammed, I pay more when I go out with friends on a weekend that what I've spent in about 1 year here. b:chuckle

The thing is, if you like the game, it entertains you, and you want to enhance, NOTE ENHANCE NOT BUY, your gaming then spend some money, else don't and go find a P2P MMORPG you will find yourself trapped then, you need to pay X amount of money for playing, if you stop paying, bye bye char. Now THAT is a scam. ^^

I think you completely don't understand what I'm telling you. Your $300 is an example and it's basically 15 moths of subscription in well done p2p game where you can experience full game content and compete with others on same rules.
    I know if you spend over $500 every week for you it may be normal to pay $200 for a beer while the next guy sells 40 of them for same amout but for wast majority it's not a common practice.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hmm there's always two sides of the coin. While I do agree with Mumintroll, there's also the "work hard" advantage. In reality it's more about "be early bird" on the game.

The thing is, there are certain limits/lines that must be drawn, and they shouldn't be too far-fetched. Whether that is in effort/time put into the game, or cash. Lower the limits for EITHER of these and you have a good game. Otherwise there will ALWAYS be people who will have advantage: either time/early birds, or money.

The highest "limits" I would accept as reasonable, would be 3-6 months in a p2p MMO, and maybe ~$100 for a f2p MMO. Of course, some will disagree -- particularly those who treat games as their part time job. Do us a favor and leave this thread then.

NOTE: I'm only talking about COMPETITIVE stuff... of course you can make limits for any cosmetics, rank, or whatever other things much harder to obtain, as long as that does not enhance your power.
    I voted no. I will not play another F2P MMO. However, I will never play a P2P MMO either. My point, this is my first and last MMO. When it's over, it's over.
    It wouldn't have anything to do with you encouraging it (or the genre) to be a "part time job" with "lots of hard work" would it? b:sin
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    pwi is the first and only mmorpg i ever played
    i really like it and never had troubles in pvp
    i like to pay when i want and how much i want
    i also love playig with the economy, looking in the ah etc

for me, money making is a goal,
    another digital counter a care about besides lvl, pdef, hp etc

and a really enjoy it :)

perhaps it will take a while to get what i want
    but after all, if i had everything in a day, what would i do?
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    thats kinda ridiculous your saying that you would rather pay monthly for a game than a free one

there are other free to play mmorpg's that dont require you to spend thousands of dollars to have good gear

you dont have to pay

i dont

im finding free alternatives

and u can do the same

but spending real money on a game? blah just do that for xbox or something. not the comupter b:laugh
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Same goes to me, PWi was the first MMO I played, and its most likely my last MMO too.

I was never an MMO person, but I give props to having another social networking device.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The only advantage of F2P, as I see it, is that you can log in whenever you want. I tried a P2P for 3 months, and once my subscription was over, I wasn't going to pay $15 per month just to drop in and say hi every once in awhile.

Here I can do that; log in occasionally and see what has changed, say hi to people, check the TW maps, and come back fully if there are ever some really nice changes implemented.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    thats kinda ridiculous your saying that you would rather pay monthly for a game than a free one

there are other free to play mmorpg's that dont require you to spend thousands of dollars to have good gear

you dont have to pay

i dont

im finding free alternatives

and u can do the same

but spending real money on a game? blah just do that for xbox or something. not the comupter b:laugh

Thanks for you opinion. But my point you will see at the end of game. Where PvP should be your main goal and major fun. Then you will see, that your hard effort or playing time was absolutely useless comparing to hard cashopper.
    The main problem in this game I see, is that we are not equal to each other. Game with cash items became VERY unbalanced and it killed fun for small cashing or noncashing players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited May 2010

I admit that you are right on this one. This, by far, is the best F2P MMO I EVER PLAYED. This will be my first and last F2P MMO for me. I totally admit that I suck at merchanting in this game, and grinding was my only way to make money. At higher levels in this game, I just can't take it any longer with the high prices and worthless grinding and merchanting being the best moneymaking option, which i can't do. I wish I had a brains of the econonomics of someone like you or solandri. I tried doing what you guys are doing when merchanting, but I guess I'm not one of those people. b:surrender
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2010

That's not good b:cry my stuffs are only +6 max and a couple +7, only the weap is +10, no Nirvana at all.

My time is maybe gonna end soon too b:cry
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Same goes for me. This game is fun, but non-MMOs are much easier to quit and take up less time.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • _Seadrop - Heavens Tear
    _Seadrop - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2010

The same here...
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2010

there are games for all people.
    FTP are for :
    -players willing to spend money to compensate their lack of playing time and mental skills
    -those who have tons of time and want to play for free to compensate lack of money.
    -people like me that likes to kill mobs for free, not caring about PVP
    -people smart enough to take advantge of the game rules, economy, ect.

PTP:

-Players who are in between those.

BTW, mmorg hardwork* is not a justification for winning. Just because you killed the same mob for countless days or grinded TT for weeks to get better gear than your enemies. It should not justify you beating them. Player mental skills should be the justification rather than your grinding diet.

money should not be a justification either but somebody has to pay for the gameb:chuckle

If you like PVP and you have to grind (hardwork) to compete, you should try a PTP Mmorg.

*I hate when people use the word HARDWORK on a game. You came here to have fun not to do "hardwork". Myself, I grind a lot, because I like to kill mobs.

Its like a friend of mine, she grinded and farmed TT like crazy for weeks(hardwork) to get her Hercules and a week later after getting the pet, she quit.b:sad

why? the reward did not justify the hardwork. Dont do hardwork, do fun stuff instead.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It looks amazing. The new races, the new classes, the new areas.......I'm so excited. Too bad it's not releasing soon. b:cry

And the event system they are putting in will probably set the new standard for MMO. No more quests, only dynamic events that evolves with time. That's quite an amazing system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I voted no. This will be my first and last mmorpg.
    I'm just waiting for D3 to come out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    And the event system they are putting in will probably set the new standard for MMO. No more quests, only dynamic events that evolves with time. That's quite an amazing system.
    It does sound very interesting. If they make it well it could change MMOs. If they make it badly, it could just be ignored. It's interesting how the change is permanent. It lets the players have power.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i perfer P2P, i think it gived everyone a chance to play fail. well the only P2P game iv payed is eve online for about a year or more. very fun XD
    GRAPHICS AND MOTION DESIGNER
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for you opinion. But my point you will see at the end of game. Where PvP should be your main goal and major fun. Then you will see, that your hard effort or playing time was absolutely useless comparing to hard cashopper.
    The main problem in this game I see, is that we are not equal to each other. Game with cash items became VERY unbalanced and it killed fun for small cashing or noncashing players.

This is true, heavy cash shoppers will always have a huge advantage over "free" players.

To be the best or atleast one of the best on PVP yes you need to spend some money, if you dont want to spend 3 days of grinding to buy a charm XD (thinking you're a high lvl, guess you can TT to get the money)

PVP is pretty much what requires cash shopping, that is one of the main reasons I selected a PVE server, I'm not much interested on PVP, but on having fun with my online friends b:pleased sure I can pvp once in a while, and yes, I check my opponent equipment first before sending a duel request, thats where you know who has bought their lvls and who hasnt, I basically duel who hasnt done it.

For TW, you need cash shopping or atleast grinding your self to death to afford expensive things without spending money, however as someone said around the forums...

Grinding is like working, if you work and get home to play, the last thing you want to do is grinding (working), so why not spending some money on the game to get those little millions that will last 30 minutes? ^ .^ (talking about the $10 charge, x ~400k = ~4m coins)

Saves you a lot of time and work and you can just enjoy yourself b:pleased $10 is not much anyway, you can earn more than that per hour if you work b:laugh instead of 3 days of grinding
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Is it really money or time? I started out my veno pretty late in the game. Given the amount of time some people have had, I would expect to have equips equivalent to those listed in the OP without spending cash. I also put off getting to level 100 in favor of rep/ coin / skills. Once we hit 100, coin and useful items come at us fast and easy. I'm not deterred by f2p, but am deterred by profitable glitches being introduced or left unfixed.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
This discussion has been closed.