Whats the big deal about -20percent

13»

Comments

• PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
    PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Its not all about the loss of DQ, I believe they are doing to lower the prices on ALL items agross the board. If ppl have less coins to buy stuff, ppl have to olower their prices on mats, herbs, gear, gold , etc. In doing that PWi has come up with a bandaid solution to fix the ecanomical hellstorm they have created with all the anni packs. It may suck for now, but its about the long run. And where the hell u get 100K per gold, i havent seen gold that low in ages( not since the perfect hammer/ chest of coins came out) All of u can ether deal or quit! Yeah it sucks i will make a lil less now, but in the long run i hope it pays off, unless PWE finds a way to **** that. And all this QQing bout phasing out F2P is B.S, The game wouldnt survie with free players, who u think buys all that gold? surely not another cash shopper. So QQ more, or work a lil harder, its a game u QQing nabs, ether enjoy it and **** or GTFO

PWE screwed over the in-game economy by introducing a never ending siege of "packs". This encouraged greed among the gold sellers. BOOM! went gold prices and the economy.

If PWE is trying to fix the economy, then they should start at the source of the problem ... the packs! GET RID OF THEM! PERIOD! Instead, lower your cash shop prices to encourage more cash shoppers!
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    It's a perfectly sad world.
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    -20% in drops should not really affect game play that much.
    What are the ways people make money?
    1) selling mats/wine
    2) selling HH mats and other stuff like that
    3) selling gold/cs items
    4) grinding and selling drops
    5) reselling cheap stuff

coins mainly enter PW servers through method number 4. Therefore method's 1,2,3,5 are all dependent upon the supply from 4. So if supply of 4 goes down, demand and prices in methods 1,2,3,5 should go down in theory.

How does this affect csers

1) prices of everything marketeable go down( including gear and gold) due to supply/demand curves
    2) cs prices do not go down( but so do gold prices)
    3) skill and npc prices remain the same( who buys NPC gear?)

so you're skill prices will be a little more expensive( by appromiately 20% for effort)

However, they are a fixed cost purchase so in reality, they don't add significantly to costs in the long run.

This is in no way screwin over the free-to-play people or the csers.

what about rare gear/high demand. Well, rare gear is rare. maybe its prices won't change that much but chances are, the average sensible player wasn't able to afford it in the first place. And chances are, that item is an endgame item and a virtual fixed cost.
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    in theory.

i see where you're coming from, but in reality, gold prices didn't drop much after packs, like they should, on RT. just an example.
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've never made a post here, mainly because I'm playing the game. Though, I feel obligated to object.

It's tough enough to raise coin for pots/repairs/etc. The 20% decrease will make it near impossible to gain enough coin for our in-game needs within a reasonable time. I don't understand the reasoning behind it in the first place. Most people buy gold to sell for coin.

The decrease will have a major negative effect on not only the players. It'd be a chain reaction like a downward spiral. First, a lot of people will stop playing, thus less customers, or possible customers. Next the prices in catshops and gold will have to drop, or nothing will sell due to the lack of coin, therefore making gold less worthwhile to buy. After all is said and done, the entire game will be solely based on a race to collect coin....not very fun.

I have a lvl82 archer who needs coin for arrows, repairs, pots, skills, mats, armors/weapons/jewelry, etc etc etc etc. I pretty much break even after a TT/BH/FB run after selling things i find along the way. About 60% comes from the random DQ items that drop.

So where does this leave me? The 20% decrease would be a "GAME OVER" for me.

BAD IDEA!!

this I agree with
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    -20% in drops should not really affect game play that much.
    What are the ways people make money?

4) grinding and selling drops

But if after repairs one's profit is +/- 20% then grinding is a zero sum (at best) activity.

Nerfing DQ drop value is not good for barbs due to high repair costs comparatively to other classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    (sorry if its already been mentioned, i dont bother reading some threads properly :p)
    another way to get money is to sell your old gear
    I think my Fortune armour with 3 flawlesses will go for alot O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    3) skill and npc prices remain the same( who buys NPC gear?)
    I repair my gear, and I'm mage and dont have much repairs. I don't know if you have this habit of doing it often or you shatter your gear, either way some of us actually repair our gear.

What about pots? Well I rarely buy them nowadays cause they are already insanely expensive, so I med most of the time or use those drops from mobs (which are kinda rare).
    This is in no way screwin over the free-to-play people or the csers.
    Oh really? Tell me what good does it do? Deflation, even if it were to happen (which will NOT) is NOT a good thing. Because you will get money harder, so it's irrelevant the stuff will cost less. BUT Npc prices cost more.

So what good does this do? Oh yeah, makes you harder to get the npc prices. Really good thing. /sarcasm
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Whens the last time I bought pots or gear from an NPC - over a year ago

Whens the last time I bought stones from NPC - over half a year ago

How do I avoid repair costs - poison mobs

How much money did I lose on repair costs on a BM when grinding - 20%(80% profit)

How much money do lose now on repair costs -24%

Do I meditate regularily - yes

Do I cs on a daily,weekly,montly basis - no

Do I gain all of my money from dq - no( coin drops, and gear drops)

What do I spend my money on - event pots, skills, an occasional TT mat

Will I be affected by this change - yes

Will I care - no
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    also if players remember, tamed mobs had a npc price and with a full 64 inventory you could have actually make money from taming all day and sell to npc. now every mob has 1 coin price sell to npc, anyone complained?
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Well from what I see the game dev seem to take and want more. Everything in this game costs something just to get another something to buy. Simple example; pigments that are basically a random color to dye randomly produced colored clothing. That's just not right. And even if you get the right colors there's no way to see what it will actually look like when you dye it. one could spend $100 in real money just to get a piece of clothing somewhere close to what you want.
    So when I here about any kind of decrease to the players I see it as just another way there picking your pockets, little here little there all adds up. And they still don't fix the simple shlit. That's my 2.5 cents
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver
    Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    NECROOOooOoOooO-0oOoO
    b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    when life gives you lemons
    put them in a sack and beat your wife
    with them b:victory
  • Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    everyone please stop shouting 'necro", its the mods job to consider what is necroed.
    so by shoutin "necro", u r necroing a necroed thread. hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Necroo0o0oo
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    everyone please stop shouting 'necro", its the mods job to consider what is necroed.
    so by shoutin "necro", u r necroing a necroed thread. hehe

Some time ago, a mod mentioned that she ran a search for the keyword "necro" to help her find threads to close.

Thus, forum readers are encouraged to indicate which threads are necroed to aid in this search mechanism.
  • Svarius - Heavens Tear
    Svarius - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Damn zombies. They're everywhere.

Curse you, shambling undead threads!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Games come and go - cinema lasts a lifetime. (Except VHS - that only lasts 15 years)
    youtube.com/user/KRSMW
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
This discussion has been closed.