Whats the big deal about -20percent

Starflair - Dreamweaver
Starflair - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
I honestly don't get it. At lvl 77, i never did any business with dq items besides npc them. Whys everyone throwing a fuss? How is it ruining your gaming experience?
Post edited by Starflair - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
    PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm level 70 and I farm DQ items that NPC for upwards of 3500 coins EACH. Take 20% off of that brings them down to 2800 coins each. That's 700 coins PER DQ ITEM that I now lose.

700 coins per item adds up.

Any questions?
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    It's a perfectly sad world.
  • Starflair - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    You're technically not losing coins, just not gaining as much. This decrease won't bankrupt anyone. It'll just take five extra minutes of farming than usual to make the same amount.
    edited May 2010
    You're technically not losing coins, just not gaining as much. This decrease won't bankrupt anyone. It'll just take five extra minutes of farming than usual to make the same amount.

When you depend almost 100% on DQ items for your coins, then spend said coins on upgrading/unlocking skills, um... yeah, you can go bankrupt pretty quick. And since I WAS getting the original amounts for DQ items, then suddenly getting 20% less per item, yes, I am losing coins.

It's called a "Loss of profit".
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
  • Anchali - Heavens Tear
    Anchali - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    who has time to grind these days. dont even have time to do MQ.. somedays dont even bh or mq. this game is failing me. b:bye

used to play this game 24/7 (ok maybe not 24/7 but it almost seem like it) to 1/4 ...
    archer is awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I think for most people it's not so much the actual 20%, but the slap in the face from PWE that it represents. They have been pretty much phasing out any "Free-to-play" aspect of the game for a couple-few months now. Sure, technically it is still free to play, but come on now.
    edited May 2010
    I do understand the loss of profit, and i feel you on that, Katt. Thanks for answering. I just find it extreme hat people want to quit over it. Seems unreasonable to me
  • Zexion - Raging Tide
    Zexion - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Lol, I think your mathematical skills require work.

Lets say someone gets 60 DQ items per hour.

60 x 3500 = 210,000 coin value (old)

60 x 2800 = 168,000 coin value (new)

210,000 - 168,000 = 42,000 coin difference.

Now, take that 42,000 / hour and apply it to say, 6 hours of grinding. You are essentially gaining 5 hours worth of coins, for 6 hours of work. This is a loss of income. Imagine if your boss at work came and told you you were getting a 20% pay cut. It amounts to the same result, your efforts acquire you less reward and you feel cheated.
    If you would please, allow me to interject with an interjection into your conversation which requires, an interjecting. For if I'm to understand correctly and correctly understand the present situation, which I may or may not understand correctly, then it seems that you all don't make sense at all.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010

No one gets rich from just grinding. The measly drops people do get from grinding is reduced by 20%, which is a lot.
    I think for most people it's not so much the actual 20%, but the slap in the face from PWE that it represents. They have been pretty much phasing out any "Free-to-play" aspect of the game for a couple-few months now. Sure, technically it is still free to play, but come on now.

This game isn't free-to-play anymore. I don't care what anyone says about that.
    edited May 2010

Now, take that 42,000 / hour and apply it to say, 6 hours of grinding. You are essentially gaining 5 hours worth of coins, for 6 hours of work. This is a loss of income. Imagine if your boss at work came and told you you were getting a 20% pay cut. It amounts to the same result, your efforts acquire you less reward and you feel cheated.
    Hmm. Yeah I can see people being frustrated at that. I guess I'm ignorant to that because I never relied on DQ items to make gold, but apparently a lot of players do. In that case i do feel bad now, but I think we should do our best to enjoy this game.

I also think it's a bit unfair to say that PWI is sucking out all the Free-to-play out of the game and crying about how hard it is to lvl without special boutique items. Now, maybe I'm ignorant to this too because I've leveled just fine without the need for esotericas (sp?) and the such. But those are my thoughts.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I also think it's a bit unfair to say that PWI is sucking out all the Free-to-play out of the game and crying about how hard it is to lvl without special boutique items. Now, maybe I'm ignorant to this too because I've leveled just fine without the need for esotericas (sp?) and the such. But those are my thoughts.

It's less being hard without Boutique, but being ridiculously easy with Boutique. I mean, x12 exp for an hour is ridiculous, even with regular mobs.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
    edited May 2010
    Trust me, they're sucking the F2P right out of the game for real. Little by little so that is isn't noticed EXCEPT by those who have been here since the beginning...

<---

... AND do not cash shop.

<---
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    When you depend almost 100% on DQ items for your coins, then spend said coins on upgrading/unlocking skills, um... yeah, you can go bankrupt pretty quick. And since I WAS getting the original amounts for DQ items, then suddenly getting 20% less per item, yes, I am losing coins.

It's called a "Loss of profit".
    oh well. farm something else.
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
    edited May 2010
    Mmm. This is probably the only subject I may never be able to understand. I don't personally care if there are players who can powerlevel from 20 to 80 in a few days so long as I'm enjoying my own experience. Maybe it's a matter of perspective. Some see it as the GMs being money hungry. I see it as being lucky I don't have to pay a monthly fee to keep my account open.
    edited May 2010
    oh well. farm something else.

Oh well! Nothing else has had the value AND drop rate of DQ items. There is TT, but even that isn't as lucrative as it used to be. I, and so many more people, are not at high enough level for much more than that.

Really! Get rid of the nonchalant attitude toward your gaming peers. It's very unbecoming. >_>
    edited May 2010
    Mmm. I think I got what I wanted out of this topic. I appreciate the comments and I now have a better understanding of the situation. I'm sorry for those who will be badly affected by the update, and hope y'all will continue gaming with the rest of us. I think things always get worse before it gets better, so lets see what happens.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010

I know your mathematical skills require work. DQ is a very small portion of the coin I make from grinding. Gears, pots, coins still drop and are much more lucrative in some places.
    Trust me, they're sucking the F2P right out of the game for real. Little by little so that is isn't noticed EXCEPT by those who have been here since the beginning...

<---

... AND do not cash shop.

<---

I think people like you help divert attention from the real problems the game has. Coin is becoming easier and easier to come by. At the 100k per gold exchange rate I could have made a modest living by playing. -This change is reasonable and acceptable. Things like the 1k bug in Rebirth are a different story.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • booboostains
    booboostains Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The 20% reduction isn't that much of a loss for the higher lvls cuz they make money in various ways outside of DQ. The problem is, all the people who are 70 and under are really hit by the loss in coin. Its already difficult to lvl skills for lowbies, now they will be completely at a loss until they can do gamma for coin to lvl skills.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The 20% reduction isn't that much of a loss for the higher lvls cuz they make money in various ways outside of DQ. The problem is, all the people who are 70 and under are really hit by the loss in coin. Its already difficult to lvl skills for lowbies, now they will be completely at a loss until they can do gamma for coin to lvl skills.

Yet more ridiculous QQ'ing. Prices on skills have dropped drastically. If anyone should complain, it's the ones that had to pioneer these new skills.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Q_Q
    me can has sage BIDS now?
    b:beg
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Do you even know how to read? He clearly said people under 70, he's obviously talking about levelling skills at a skill trainer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Most of the coins flow existed in game are from quests and grind before packs was out. Now, most are from 10m Bank Note from best luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2010
    I've been playing a long time, yeah I spend money in the boutique occationally, but it's not to make money on. It's usually some cloth, a mount, or a D-Orb pack to make a weap +5. My main source for anything is getting money from drops. It's how I pay for charms, pots, repairs, ect. The problem is, that with the economy the way it's headed, I can barely afford anything as it is. Make my main source of income drop 20%, and I won't be able to afford anything. I'll have to start charging people for BH runs they need a cleric for. I won't be doing FCC anymore. It's already hard enough to get coin to get skills for my barb, in fact, I don't see me playing any of my 80+ characters anymore because it's just a drain of money now. Basically, by taking the F2P aspect out of the game, they are ruining it for those of us that don't CashShop for coins. Stop the damn tokens already, and bring the economy back down to something approaching normal. It was always 100k = 1 gold = 1 dollar. The only thing that changed that is PWE's greed and the CashShoppers greed. The two of you are ruining the game for us normal folks with families and limited incomes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • max2k9
    max2k9 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This is all getting to be B/S now... me and a group of friends came here from a game called 9Dragons... any1 who knows this game now its who spends the most is the strongest... the devs messed up pvp system and set it so if u want to pvp you need to spend some sort of money or u get killed by a low level

We all came here because of that

Same results here now and i'll leave jus the same because slowly but surely they will do the same ... i started this game like 3 months before the anniversary and it was good really good and gold was 100k 150k max
    now that i'm semi high lvl 86

They messed you FF so now if you want FF gear you have to buy anni pack/tiger pack/ lucky coral etc. for FF sign which is bull****

Pretty sure Lunar and Nivara is on their list to mess up next if they haven't already

And they will continue to mess up everything untill players draw the line.. some see it as jus 20% on DQ but its the start of a downhill road.

I'm one that won't stand for it

soo

Soon as DQ price is change i'ma quit and sell all my accounts to who ever wants it i wouldn't care cause if its changed i won't come back so i'll write it here boldly

TriArtZ level 86 Cleric ((Light Armor) (Both arcane and L.A sets 6.3k phy def on L.A) full TT, mold and FF weap
    _TriXxiE_ level 73 Veno with herc Full TT and mold
    _TriMaGe_ level 61 Wizard (Pure Mag) Full mold and 3star

The move is yours PWI/DEV
  • Pebblezz - Harshlands
    Pebblezz - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ill throw in my 2 cents

not to mention the fact that this is like the 10th topic on this, you guys are missing the point.

the DQ items are originally not meant to sell, there for the DQ quest. like the other PW games where you actually have to make your gear at a certain level, that is where you should get your money from.
    thats right, pick up all those items that wont sell to the npc for more then 100 coin anyway and do some matt farming and make some ****, resell that to the npc or if it is worth selling in auction do that.

another point is that more and more money keep getting into the game, you are all complaining about the gold prices but that is what happens when more and more money is being made, look in real life, a pack of milk was 10 cent 20 years ago and now its way more aswell isnt it?

this game simply does not have alot of options to put your coins in other then buying gold/repair and buy npc items. there was an other topic where someone had a nice idea, that is have an npc that takes coins for exp, i know it will have alot of people QQing that it makes the rich level even faster, but hey,its the same as they put their money in oracles.

just to conclude, stop QQing, get farming, its not all about levelling, you get bored when your close to 100 anyway, might aswell take a little longer
  • Shadai - Heavens Tear
    Shadai - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Trust me, even if you don't make your money by farming DQ items, this WILL come back to bite you later. Because all the people who either ragequit or who end up with less income will not be buying from catshops, or gold, and the profits of those who rely on selling mats, TT, boutique items, etc, will also go down. True PWI will succeed in one of their goals this way I guess; they'll ultimatly lower all prices. But they will also lose a lot of people who can't afford to pay for basic necessities, because they don't have the time to do all the dailies, quest AND still grind for cash. Its getting to the point where you have to have no life at all to get anywhere in this game, and that's no longer fun.
    I am no know it all, and who knows, things may not end up this way. But I know I've been playing this game since October 2008 and its been getting less fun by the month. I myself won't ragequit over something this little, but even I can put up with increasing pokes to the stomach for only so long.
    I can understand why some aren't as upset by this, if they don't make their money via DQ. But look at the commentary; when so many people are this upset, that's a little more than a simple overreaction; thats a hint to the blow PWI will feel in thier OWN wallets. I myself have spent money on this game and a fair bit of it, but I don't plan on forking over any more until something is done.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I honestly don't get it. At lvl 77, i never did any business with dq items besides npc them. Whys everyone throwing a fuss? How is it ruining your gaming experience?

You're right, it's just 20% which isn't really a huge deal, but at the same time, it's not just 20%. It's that 20% plus a whole bunch of things over the last 6 to 8 months (tokens, Ocean Orbs, hyper stones, etc.) that have dramatically changed the game. Whether you think it's for the better or for the worse, it's hard to deny that this isn't the same game it was last summer. This is really just another step in the same direction, and just like with all of the changes that preceded it, each time more people are saying, "That's it, I've had enough," and walking away.

Also, with this change more than any of the others, it really feels like it's just there as a slap in the face. It's just 20%. Again, you're right. So why do it? What's the point? What is it going to accomplish other than being a big middle finger waved at the people who don't cash shop much? None of the explanations people have offered (ex. venomancer's AFK grinding) really make any sense. 92% of the responses to the poll are against it, and there are even more people who don't care than who actually want it to happen. It's just a pointless change that does nothing but annoy people.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010

I would concur. I believe this is one of the biggest issues.
    Hmm. Yeah I can see people being frustrated at that. I guess I'm ignorant to that because I never relied on DQ items to make gold, but apparently a lot of players do. In that case i do feel bad now, but I think we should do our best to enjoy this game.

I don't think anyone ever cried about it being hard to level. IF anyone played this game before bh's and all the new dailies they know leveling is a piece of cake, even without using hyper and estoricas.
    ill throw in my 2 cents

not to mention the fact that this is like the 10th topic on this, you guys are missing the point.

the DQ items are originally not meant to sell, there for the DQ quest. like the other PW games where you actually have to make your gear at a certain level, that is where you should get your money from.
    thats right, pick up all those items that wont sell to the npc for more then 100 coin anyway and do some matt farming and make some ****, resell that to the npc or if it is worth selling in auction do that.

another point is that more and more money keep getting into the game, you are all complaining about the gold prices but that is what happens when more and more money is being made, look in real life, a pack of milk was 10 cent 20 years ago and now its way more aswell isnt it?

this game simply does not have alot of options to put your coins in other then buying gold/repair and buy npc items. there was an other topic where someone had a nice idea, that is have an npc that takes coins for exp, i know it will have alot of people QQing that it makes the rich level even faster, but hey,its the same as they put their money in oracles.

just to conclude, stop QQing, get farming, its not all about levelling, you get bored when your close to 100 anyway, might aswell take a little longer

You are kind of ignorant in economics. Note I'm not calling you ignorant. Milk has raised in price over the last 20 years, but so has minimum wage and income.

This also isn't about people who level faster, has nothing to do with the rich leveling. It has to do with the poor (in game)not being able to survive. I'm willing to live in my virtual cardboard box, but for the love of it all I got to be able to replace the tarp(meaning repairs) hanging over it every once in awhile.

They are taking something meant for fun and entertainment and making it less fun. What happens when people are no longer having fun? They quit. I dunno about you, but...If someone said hey look.. lets stick this stick in your eye and see if it reduces your eye sight... I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna say.. YEAH!!! Lets check it out!!! See how that works.. give it a chance to work out!!!

I'm gonna say NO.. I don't think I'd like to try that out, but you are more than welcome to do it to yourself.
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2010

so you npc them for coin right? for some players npc ing dq is their major source of income. for them it is like getting a 20% pay cut.
  • Elisavet - Lost City
    Elisavet - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    How are you guys selling them for 3500?

I'm currently selling them for 800 b:cry
  • AnglikX - Harshlands
    AnglikX - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Its not all about the loss of DQ, I believe they are doing to lower the prices on ALL items agross the board. If ppl have less coins to buy stuff, ppl have to olower their prices on mats, herbs, gear, gold , etc. In doing that PWi has come up with a bandaid solution to fix the ecanomical hellstorm they have created with all the anni packs. It may suck for now, but its about the long run. And where the hell u get 100K per gold, i havent seen gold that low in ages( not since the perfect hammer/ chest of coins came out) All of u can ether deal or quit! Yeah it sucks i will make a lil less now, but in the long run i hope it pays off, unless PWE finds a way to **** that. And all this QQing bout phasing out F2P is B.S, The game wouldnt survie with free players, who u think buys all that gold? surely not another cash shopper. So QQ more, or work a lil harder, its a game u QQing nabs, ether enjoy it and **** or GTFO
This discussion has been closed.