Farming 200k rep. v. RedsRose

BattleFairy - Lost City
BattleFairy - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
So lets talk about farming 200k rep.

I want to hear how it was done I suppose and I hardly play anymore let alone know someone like Reds. I can only imagine coin and buying stuff out of AH, etc.

Is it really that simple?
The Swarm is imminent...
Post edited by BattleFairy - Lost City on

Comments

• avenged911221
    avenged911221 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    1. Make paypal account
    2. Charge zen
    3. Buy Packs
    4. Exchange tokens for rep items
    5. Get 200k Rep
  • Scend - Harshlands
    Scend - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ^
    OFC, the cash shopper would know
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Paimage. Copy and paste Paimage into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • BattleFairy - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    i meant the word "farming"

I would assume if she has all those quotes and bs in her siggy that she actually did it this way and not the CS way.
    The Swarm is imminent...
  • Scend - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Farming/Grinding is sooooooooooooo old~
    Just cash shop, its what all the cool kids do
    (\__/)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    No need for a thread ffs....

I farmed the hell out of HH.

Sold.

Bought Tokens.

Turned tokens into Badges.

Got 200k rep.

Total = 700mill in coins

No cs needed and I did not cs my rank.

/endthread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Basch - Lost City
    Basch - Lost City Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I personally know that Rose farmed her rank 8. I watched her spend endless hours in HH over the last 2 months farming 3-3 golds to sell for the coin. It is not an impossible feat, just a very tedious and very time consuming one.
  • Daft_ - Lost City
    Daft_ - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Congrats Rose. You definitely have a dedication that I don't seem to have. I can't even get a character to end game :( let alone try to farm for hours and hours a day to get rank gear. Wanna farm for me? :)
    Seriously? OMFG you
    why would you do that? Are you nuts!

No.. I'm daft.
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    farming 200K rep would take forever without buying SOME tokens/rep badges/wedding candies

Public quest (95+) & Trophy Mode FB89-99 can give some rep, but it would really take forever to get 200,000 even combined with one man armys, wanted and justice quests.

Farming fb59 during 2x drop can help raise rep too..

but the easiest way is :

1- Kill mobs
    2- Sell drops
    3- Buy Tokens in game
    4- Trade tokens for Wraith officer badges (25 rep)

(What RedsRose wrote.. .. im so slow.. b:surrender)
  • Scend - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    No need for a thread ffs....

I farmed the hell out of HH.

Sold.

Bought Tokens.

Turned tokens into Badges.

Got 200k rep.

Total = 700mill in coins

No cs needed and I did not cs my rank.

/endthread

I'm very proud of you Rose b:cute
    I have to give you credit for not giving up
    We should make a GZ thread b:victory
    (\__/)
  • QueenHera - Lost City
    QueenHera - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Nice work reds.. If venos can farm their herc and nixes and whatever else.. I don't see why she can't farm her rep.. Sell the mats and get her rep. Gj.
  • Wadzio - Lost City
    Wadzio - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ergh, some1 will tell its personal, but its really not... Well for me the last reputaion farmer in LC died once Image left PWI. Imho farming reputation was what he used to do in the past. Ppl can talk **** abt him, Image was indeed a difficult person, but yea he farmed reputation like crazy. As for RedsRose farming money in 3-3. LOL Solo farming 3-2 or even squad farming Nirvana gives a loooooot more coins than 3-3 and once I hear "i farmed my rank 8" it just make think how You cash shopped Your HH99 gold set. Oh wait wait wait, I forgot RedsRose never ever cash shoped b:laugh

/end of topic

PS. Gratz on Your rank8 (no matter how You obtained it), but also Ep is the worst possible class to get rank 8.
    Because size really MATTERS!!!
  • lolitrolu
    lolitrolu Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ergh, some1 will tell its personal, but its really not... Well for me the last reputaion farmer in LC died once Image left PWI. Imho farming reputation was what he used to do in the past. Ppl can talk **** abt him, Image was indeed a difficult person, but yea he farmed reputation like crazy. As for RedsRose farming money in 3-3. LOL Solo farming 3-2 or even squad farming Nirvana gives a loooooot more coins than 3-3 and once I hear "i farmed my rank 8" it just make think how You cash shopped Your HH99 gold set. Oh wait wait wait, I forgot RedsRose never ever cash shoped b:laugh

/end of topic

PS. Gratz on Your rank8 (no matter how You obtained it), but also Ep is the worst possible class to get rank 8.

Oh, the envy, the horrible, horrible, palpable envy. b:sad
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Why are some people so reluctant to just say gratz O_O

Its like; "omg rank 8 for clerics sucks fail blehbleh you didn't farm it spamming fbs for 5 years you fail you cash shopped is know it blehbleh"

If you enjoy playing cleric as your main you obviously want the best weapon possible for the class which is Rank8 or Nirvana. Rank8 also comes with a kicker ring and a top, so its a very good choice.

Rank8 for any caster is very good btw - just sucks for barbs + bm since they need zerk and interval. Obviously best for wizards, but if you dont wanna play a wiz should you settle for some average cleric weapon just b/c there is another class that can deal more dmg? Thats just silly logic.

Rank8 is not wasted on any caster and living in HH/Nirvana to raise 700 mil for it is truly a great achievement. Pretty sure Rose ( once she refined that beast weapon) will be able to 1 shoot all the little squishy archers with thunder wield like a pro b:shocked
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Why are some people so reluctant to just say gratz O_O

Its like; "omg rank 8 for clerics sucks fail blehbleh you didn't farm it spamming fbs for 5 years you fail you cash shopped is know it blehbleh"

If you enjoy playing cleric as your main you obviously want the best weapon possible for the class which is Rank8 or Nirvana. Rank8 also comes with a kicker ring and a top, so its a very good choice.

Rank8 for any caster is very good btw - just sucks for barbs + bm since they need zerk and interval. Obviously best for wizards, but if you dont wanna play a wiz should you settle for some average cleric weapon just b/c there is another class that can deal more dmg? Thats just silly logic.

Rank8 is not wasted on any caster and living in HH/Nirvana to raise 700 mil for it is truly a great achievement. Pretty sure Rose ( once she refined that beast weapon) will be able to 1 shoot all the little squishy archers with thunder wield like a pro b:shocked

8jun is srs bzns.

Lily <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010

/end of topic

First, during double drops 3-3 was an insane profit. You did not go? Sorry for you.

Second, I did farm 3-2 but never farmed Nirvana. There was no reason to farm Nirvana and the profit from the HH's was significantly higher.

Third, LOL at cs 99 set!! I have never had a full HH99 set. Thank you and try again. The 2 wrist golds were purchased with chips, as was one pant gold. The other pant gold was farmed and dropped after about 14-15 runs. I have the 96 molder top and never had anything before that except for an HH90 top. So, try again.

Fourth, I never said I have never and do not cs. For some reason people seem to think that I cs much more then I do though. *shrugs* People, like you Wadzio and others (want me to throw names from the vent convo the other day after I got Rank?), are ridiculous in thinking that I spend my life savings on this game. Much of what I have was farmed. In all honesty much of the cs that I have done has gone to teles and fashion. It is the simple pleasures in life.

Fifth, I did farm this with a **** ton of HH. You sad person (and other people) seem to think that the only way to get things in this game is through the cs, sorry for you. Therefore once I farm more money and get my G12 gems for the weapon, you are going to say I cs'd that too? Think about it. The weapon is still +5 (OMG mirages and tishas) with G9. If I was cs's rank don't you think I would have already been +10 with G12? O_o

Lastly:

People under-estimate a Rank 8 EP. So be it. Give me a little time to refine more and shard everything up and we will see. Damage testing has already been amazing and I am pleased.

Wadzio --> What is your attack right now at +10? Let's talk ;)

b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• X - Lost City
    X - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    forgot about the always 2 socket on rank 8?

and wadzio what would you know about farming?

you're a mage, nobody wants you in HH.

as far as I know I farmed more out of 3-3 then any nirvana geek did in the double drop.

my 2 cents.
    the first black man in PWI to have rank 8~ b:cute
  • BattleFairy - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    I meant no harm by making this thread, simply just wanted to see if I was missing something.

Assuming you had ~10k rep before you started farming, that means you had 7,600 badges to get!

I didnt mean for it to become a spec vs kami farming methods thread.
    that said, **** wadzio rebuying a +10 60m weapon in a day. thats just ridiculous.
    The Swarm is imminent...
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    I meant no harm by making this thread, simply just wanted to see if I was missing something.

Assuming you had ~10k rep before you started farming, that means you had 7,600 badges to get!

I didnt mean for it to become a spec vs kami farming methods thread.
    that said, **** wadzio rebuying a +10 60m weapon in a day. thats just ridiculous.

56,000 tokens was the final count and I also had Warsong Emblems saved (2 for 1 badge) and badges that were bought for cheaper then token price or given from friends b:surrender

People will think what they want and think what they will. I know what I did and those around me know what I did. I did have help in this and 100% thankful for it!! Now the farming continues...

This thread was bound to turn this way but it is ok...I will say what I said in another post:
    At zero refine the attack was higher by about 1.5k then the +7 Glave with now" 14% total crit rate and -30% channeling.

I did not do this for everyone else nor to be "liked" (since I know I have a **** ton of haters...so be it) nor for the **** **** attn in-game/in pm's/on wc. I did this for myself. A goal to have in this boring **** game as of late.

I am proud that I did not spend one American Cent on this rank

If you do not like it fine, your opinion, I look beyond the mp stat and look at the overall picture and potential of 8jun. Which in my opinion is underrated for an EP and especially a Sage one at that.

It is not about others liking it, it is my game. Talk what you will, what you want because in the end: this is my game and my character and so far I am more then pleased.

We can talk once I refine it more.

kthxbai
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• OBOY - Sanctuary
    OBOY - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ok ok ima jerk so ima say it anyway i think hes lying, 200k rep with no rl money, all in game?liiiieeessss,uh lucky for ppl like this we cant check acct. records, but hey gratzb:laugh
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    ok ok ima jerk so ima say it anyway i think hes lying, 200k rep with no rl money, all in game?liiiieeessss,uh lucky for ppl like this we cant check acct. records, but hey gratzb:laugh

My Rank is not the only one that has been achieved on this server with no rl money involved. I can name 3 off the top of my head and I know of at last one person currently farming it.

FFS people need to learn to play the GAME and not rely on cs for everything that they have. You DO NOT have to cs to get anything in this game, you just have to maybe....wait for it....WORK a little for it.

Like I said before, believe what you will.

PS --> I'm a she ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    o.O Wasn't Red proclaiming to quit pwi forums & never come bk?

Meh either way grats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    squab wrote: »
    Hai nakhimov

You know I only post on alts when my main is banned b:chuckle
    Besides, I'm only jealous of people who have tier10.5+ gear

And congrats to Rose, couldn't think of a nicer EP to get 8jun.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    i heard BRAB is going for his +12 3x Mold axes

b:shocked

Edit:
    when are you adding my MSN omg.
    jeeze nakhimov </3
    we still need to 1v1 btw

BRAB is the greatest WB ever made.

also, I did add you a million years ago. I'll try again when I'm on my computer again.

And I don't feel like reinstalling b:surrender
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    OP BRABRAIUN

Fixed that one for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    My Rank is not the only one that has been achieved on this server with no rl money involved. I can name 3 off the top of my head and I know of at last one person currently farming it.

FFS people need to learn to play the GAME and not rely on cs for everything that they have. You DO NOT have to cs to get anything in this game, you just have to maybe....wait for it....WORK a little for it.

PS --> I'm a she ;)
    kinda hard to believe things when you've cash shopped a lot and do things like posting on forums after some dramatic exit claiming you wouldn't
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    A BIG GRATZ RR. I don't know you personally but still, an achievement is an achievement.

My veno's rank 6 (farmed not bought) pales in comparison to yours. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    kinda hard to believe things when you've cash shopped a lot and do things like posting on forums after some dramatic exit claiming you wouldn't

I will repeat:

Also my return to the forums was based on a promise made and I do not break promises.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    so buying cashshopitems isn't cashshopping?

seriously when reading farming rep i thing about fb,one man army, trophy mode whatever...

if you had used the time doing TT-runs making cash in RL using it for packs/buying token...
    both same as earning money to CS...

lets say your way of "farming" is halfway csing...

thats why...hypocrite! b:shutup
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    so buying cashshopitems isn't cashshopping?

seriously when reading farming rep i thing about fb,one man army, trophy mode whatever...

if you had used the time doing TT-runs making cash in RL using it for packs/buying token...
    both same as earning money to CS...

lets say your way of "farming" is halfway csing...

thats why...hypocrite! b:shutup

Cash shopping: buying items from cash shop with real money

So, for example, you buy an upgraded flying mount with coins you got from DQ and grinding?

YOU ARE A CASH SHOPPER OMG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    There is always more than one solution to a single problem. There is no right or wrong way but what gets you there. The creative ones will come up with multiple solutions. Only fools insist on doing it a certain and fixed way.

Farming mats to get coins for tokens to convert to badges is still farming. The badges came from the effort of farming the TT mats, hence farmed rep.

I started farming my veno's rank 6 at 4x with a mix of the following

1) OMAs
    2) justice
    3) FBs
    4) farming TT mats to sell for coins to buy tokens for badges
    5) level quests

Does that mean I cash shopped my veno's rank 6 too because I farmed TT mats?

Repeating the same tasks every day gets boring. You need a lot of persistence and patience.
    Don't believe me? Try farming for rank 5 or 6 first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track