NOTICE: 5-4-10 Server Maintenance

Comments

• Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Look at you people talking about campfires and celebrating finals. I'm still stuck in high school b:sad

My finals are coming up soon, next month actually. b:shocked

These maintenance(s) come in the right time.

*goes to finish homework* b:avoid

actually i just got wind of my grades for this term and i got 2 B's and an A, which means i am graduating with my associates in software programming!

couldn't be more excited
  • Eshlay - Lost City
    Eshlay - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well, I guess it's a double-edged sword in some ways. Reduce inflation <-> Less money off of items?

Still sucks for those of us who can't necessarily run instances like HH and Nirvana and GV for money, and those of us who come on, grind for money, sell DQ for most of that money.

Then again, with some of the people on here, I doubt inflation will be limited too much, if at all.
    Eshlay- Lv. 92 Venomancer (Quit/Retired)

Playing for: 2 years.

Completely uninstalled. Still lurking the forums from time to time. Might come back if some things are done right for once.
  • Eshlay - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    actually i just got wind of my grades for this term and i got 2 B's and an A, which means i am graduating with my associates in software programming!

couldn't be more excited
    Congrats! =D

Completely uninstalled. Still lurking the forums from time to time. Might come back if some things are done right for once.
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    DQ items aren't exactly the reason so many people are rolling around in piles of coins.

I know but it adds to the amount of coins on the server. Running a TT and selling drops doesn't create coins. It just moves them around abit. With the Auction house fee it helps reduce the coins on server actually. This change alone won't change too much, but combined with all the coin you pay to CS, learning skills, teleport fees, auctionhouse fees ect. it helps keep the amount of coins on any given server from going insane. If only they got rid of 10 mil big note from Best luck trade in list...
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I know but it adds to the amount of coins on the server. Running a TT and selling drops doesn't create coins. It just moves them around abit. With the Auction house fee it helps reduce the coins on server actually. This change alone won't change too much, but combined with all the coin you pay to CS, learning skills, teleport fees, auctionhouse fees ect. it helps keep the amount of coins on any given server from going insane. If only they got rid of 10 mil big note from Best luck trade in list...

I would think the 10 mil big note would be a much more significant problem than DQ drops would ever be, but I can see why they wouldn't remove it. I think it's stupid to punish every player for it, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Rangergod - Raging Tide
    Rangergod - Raging Tide Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    how bout a patch that allows clerics to walk a tad fastr ;3 running with genie and pots have their limits

then psychics need to run a tad faster cause i think we are the same speed
    "In case you can't do the math, as you stand there alone and consider fighting me, you'll be facing an army of over 30,000 hollows!" - Aaroniero Arruruerie, Novena Espada

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eshlay - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Venos without their sprint (or in my case, demon fox form), we run the same speed, too. Well, I kind of think they all run the same, just clerics (maybe psychics, too?) don't get a speed buff like everyone else. *tear* But, it would help just a little. I'm sure we all would agree it can be a pain waiting 30 minutes for the cleric to get to you in a dungeon to res. :x

With all of this said, I'm off. Night everyone, enjoy doing what you do during maintenance. Enjoy the re-release of pet packs and the other packs I forget the names of, and I'll see you LC people in game sometime tomorrow, or not. :3

Peace.

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    you guys make me wait a month for this patch preview.... b:angry
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • LdyPwn - Harshlands
    LdyPwn - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    you guys make me wait a month for this patch preview.... b:angry

I was eager to see what it was....
    Nothing really great except demon/sage conversion and Tideborn skills.

AND i just Raged b:angry at the DQ one
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    yay.. now it'll be even harder for me to make "end's meat" in the game..
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    THIS IS MADNESS!

THIS...IS...CAKETOWN!!

b:angry

Also, I ban everyone that ninja'd me...including Frankie.

b:sin

As the leader of cake, I ... uhm, forgot what I was going to say.

I wish patch notes would come out earlier =( sigh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SyMei - Dreamweaver
    SyMei - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lol, Well, I'll still play, I'd only buy things from the Boutique that I want to buy, not for coins. I can always get that from monsters, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hikarue - Harshlands
    Hikarue - Harshlands Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lol, Well, I'll still play, I'd only buy things from the Boutique that I want to buy, not for coins. I can always get that from monsters, right?

Mobs, and farming is a good way to earn coins ingame. Give it a try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SyMei - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Mobs, and farming is a good way to earn coins ingame. Give it a try.

That's like with every MMO, isn't it? Let's stop being dramatic here and play... when maintenance is over of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Venos without their sprint (or in my case, demon fox form), we run the same speed, too. Well, I kind of think they all run the same, just clerics (maybe psychics, too?) don't get a speed buff like everyone else. *tear* But, it would help just a little. I'm sure we all would agree it can be a pain waiting 30 minutes for the cleric to get to you in a dungeon to res. :x

With all of this said, I'm off. Night everyone, enjoy doing what you do during maintenance. Enjoy the re-release of pet packs and the other packs I forget the names of, and I'll see you LC people in game sometime tomorrow, or not. :3

Peace.

But i heard that skills convert to lvl 10 so you have to get them all again so i still rage a little :x
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Hikarue - Harshlands
    Hikarue - Harshlands Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    That's like with every MMO, isn't it? Let's stop being dramatic here and play... when maintenance is over of course.

We all wait for maint lolz. I am addicted to pwi lolz. Love the ppl b:dirtyb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    *Sighs* Too bad my rb squad forgot about maint... it was going VERY well....

Can we at least get some fixes this time please? o.o I know rubber band in rb would be nice to be rid of....

Other than that, can't wait for servers to be back up rofl. I wanna get this culti done!
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Potzi - Lost City
    Potzi - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    New patch guys! Pay US MORE MONEY. Have fun!
  • SyMei - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    *Sighs* Too bad my rb squad forgot about maint... it was going VERY well....

Can we at least get some fixes this time please? o.o I know rubber band in rb would be nice to be rid of....

Other than that, can't wait for servers to be back up rofl. I wanna get this culti done!

Rubber Band effects almost every 3D MMORPG I've played. Especially when you try to go up a mountain, lol.

Moral of the story: Don't climb mountains!

That said, I have never gotten rubberband when normally doing stuff... yet.

The worst one I experienced was with Asda Story, where, when I got near one of the "next area" portals... I was sent back halfway across the map, and no mount!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Rubber Band effects almost every 3D MMORPG I've played. Especially when you try to go up a mountain, lol.

Moral of the story: Don't climb mountains!

That said, I have never gotten rubberband when normally doing stuff... yet.

Lol you got me there.

But i have to climb the mountain to get to the other side lol
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • SyMei - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Lol you got me there.

But i have to climb the mountain to get to the other side lol

Mountain says:
    Oh no you don't... you're gonna play, POLE POSITION!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DoggyStylin - Sanctuary
    DoggyStylin - Sanctuary Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Manual Patch

b:pleased
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Mountain says:
    Oh no you don't... you're gonna play, POLE POSITION!!!

I'm not sure what that means exactly... but it sounds rather painful xD
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SyMei - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    I'm not sure what that means exactly... but it sounds rather painful xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om84Zc4-KcQ&feature=related
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010

roflmao!!!!

and the atari brings back sooo many memories lol.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    time to recover from 2 consecutive all-nighters... nighty PW, till tomorrow:3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • SyMei - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    I suggest everyone in this thread take a baby break and watch homestarrunner.com before anything bad happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lost0716
    lost0716 Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I wonder if my post will get deleted...

well anyway...I can see from PWI point of view...I'm either gonna be real close on this or they more evil than we suspected

have a token sale in cash shop and then a pet pack sale...now with gold prices being up because of the tokens then only "real" cash shoppers are going to benefit from the pet pack sale i.e. force them to buy gold to get the discount cause we know that sof/nix in came is still gonna cost more...either way its win-win for pwi cause more gold is being bought from them.

So yeah...anyways...anyone else thing they should bring single mode back for Frostcovered City? I'd really like to farm for the 85 gold FC armor b:surrender
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    *mumble* *mumble* *mumble* I forsee rage, as soon as DQ prices are nerfed *mumble* *mumble* *mumble* I forsee gold prices not going down *mumble* *mumble* *mumble* I forsee *3 item decomp to mirage rate not being set as how it was.

That's all.

*twitches* Oh, and Spring Packs are coming in 2~3 weeks, and if not Spring Packs, some other name, but all the same, same as always.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SyMei - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    lost0716 wrote: »
    So yeah...anyways...anyone else thing they should bring single mode back for Frostcovered City? I'd really like to farm for the 85 gold FC armor b:surrender

Instances don't have single-mode? That's not very logical. If you go into an instance without a party, that's what you go in with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]