A little afraid to be a Cleric

2»

Comments

• Reichle - Sanctuary
    Reichle - Sanctuary Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm actually not entirely sold on the whole "everyone blames clerics for everything always" concept. I know when I mess up, and own up to it. If someone else messed up, they do the same.The last time someone incorrectly called me fail was, I think, in BH wraithgate when they first came out. Some archer drew aggro on serpentrex and got two shotted or something, gave the "why didn't you heal fail etc blah blah!" speech.

I explained that he would have needed full ironheart stack to stay alive, there's no anyone would have been able to respond in time, etc. He attempted "I've played a cleric, so I know how quickly you can heal when you want to." It didn't work.

But yeah, since then I haven't even been accused of being fail. Except when I hilariously tried to tank polearm. I didn't b:surrender

Of course you hardly ever get blamed. You're level 100. o.o Us low-mid levels still have to deal with jerky people. By your level, more people understand what it means to roll a cleric or are just grateful if they don't die, or are just more aware of when it's their own fault. And not EVERYONE owns up to it when they make a mistake. I do. I immediately say srry/dammit when i've realized I've reacted too late and so forth. But not every person is as considerate/polite.
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

Yes, I love PWI that much. Every class is awesome in their own way.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Of course you hardly ever get blamed. You're level 100. o.o Us low-mid levels still have to deal with jerky people. By your level, more people understand what it means to roll a cleric or are just grateful if they don't die, or are just more aware of when it's their own fault. And not EVERYONE owns up to it when they make a mistake. I do. I immediately say srry/dammit when i've realized I've reacted too late and so forth. But not every person is as considerate/polite.

I think most clerics go through a bit of that when they're lower level and you're also in a lower level party. Everyone's still learning each new instance so mistakes will be made/people blamed etc- happens to everybody so its best not to take it personal! =D

I cant really remember being called fail but thats probably mostly because of playing when server started. I got lots of instance experience as a secondary cleric helping in fb's above my level and HH runs which again I didnt really need and I got alot of confidence that way. If a party can tell you have more experience in an instance than them they wont be so quick to call you fail for their own mistakes.

Gosh i dont think people go HH or fb's just for fun now- especially if they're not going to get exp/need mats. Going into instances seemed a bit more special those days and was a fun change from normal questing! b:chuckle
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Nannako - Lost City
    Nannako - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I got lots of instance experience as a secondary cleric helping in fb's above my level and HH runs which again I didnt really need and I got alot of confidence that way. If a party can tell you have more experience in an instance than them they wont be so quick to call you fail for their own mistakes.

This is very true. 6 of us started playing pwi all together on the same day and it made for a perfect squad. We had barb, cleric (me), wizy and 2 archers and a bm. Of course we all lvled at different speeds but were all relatively close. All within 10-15 lvls of one another. The wizy was always the highest lvl. Since he was always a good 10 lvls higher than us, we got to experience things early and i have to say.. it was scary for me as the cleric, but its great training. By the time i was the lvl for each of my fb's, i had already run it with everyone else a few times so i knew what to expect. The best thing about running these instances is that you do know what to expect and during where and what parts it might get a bit hairy and you can always be prepared for it.
    Gosh i dont think people go HH or fb's just for fun now- especially if they're not going to get exp/need mats. Going into instances seemed a bit more special those days and was a fun change from normal questing! b:chuckle

hehe we still go into fb's now and then to see if we can drop some molds for our baby toons and for friends. b:pleased
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I have crazy friends that took me into high level instances when i was still low and mid level. Cleric is a great class because even if you got damage reduction because of level difference its no big loss because you arent supposed to deal damage anyway. And you get no reduction on heals, rb has no level, and bb always cuts down 50% of damage so even healing 2k hp per tick can sometimes be enough. cleric is a valuable squad member regardless of level b:victory
    of course only friends will take low level to tt or frost, strangers wouldnt want to pass up mats, or spend time babysitting anyone, or explaining things. but its so worth it to show things to people, to teach them what i was taught and not leave them to figure everything by themselves. and when we run something people who need that run have priority ofc, but when there are free spots anyone who wants to come can come and have some fun :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowMiss - Raging Tide
    ShadowMiss - Raging Tide Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Don't you worry. I know it's annoying when the other classes pick on us, but if they 'hate' clerics so much they shouldn't have us in thier squads. Furthermore, Perfect Worls NEEDS clerics, we could sacriufice one of any class, but not us. Also, nothing is better than being able to fly.
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:chuckle +1 that.

Don't be afraid Kasuda. Although, if you like helping people, becoming a barb /herc veno is better than becoming a cleric. But drama will happen no matter what class you are. Just don't let yourself get walked on and you'll be ok n.n

+2 to that and... I @%#$ed up once and...1 of the top 3 guilds hate me now so? xD little scary
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andrellia - Sanctuary
    Andrellia - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:avoid Blame the tank

This just made me LOL so hard b:laugh
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Necro'd b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nexdonuum - Lost City
    Nexdonuum - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Necro'd b:sad

Nope, it's within 30 days from the last post date, so it's still considered an 'active' thread. After 30 days, it will be 'necro'd' when posted in again.

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quick learning Apprentice in the Arts of Subtle Killing.