is there anything fun to do anymore

Comments

• ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    QFT. So much damned truth... I remember when I first started playing. I remember the fun, the glory, the sheer AWESOME of this game. I remember when the coolest Veno mount in the air was an Israfel, and I was still flying around on my dopey manta. I remember the days in which a green weapon was something to be respected... I remember wondering if I could ever reach that level of epic, when all I was waving around was a purple weapon I'd put so much effort into making. I remember being afraid of bosses, who could eat me faster than I could scream, and gathering a bunch of friends who also needed such a beast, and beating the ever living **** out of it, and we rejoiced! We filled our faction chat with cries of victory!

Now... Horrible monstrosities fill the air... Glitched beyond belief. You see more green in the hands of players than the green of the forests themselves... A player with a simple purple weapon is mocked, and bosses are merely a sidenote in Faction Chat, if even a mention... Gone are the days of glory and victory, instead of battle cries, the air is filled with the sound of the clinking coin, and the greedy hawking their overpriced wares... There is no honor to be found here. Our way of life is dead.

That... that was epically written... well done b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    QFT. So much damned truth... I remember when I first started playing. I remember the fun, the glory, the sheer AWESOME of this game. I remember when the coolest Veno mount in the air was an Israfel, and I was still flying around on my dopey manta. I remember the days in which a green weapon was something to be respected...

When a 3* dropped, you actually were pretty lucky... and it was amazing to get one that you might actually be able to use for a while.

When earning a level was really earning it.

Now any nub with a bit of free time can hit 90 without really working hard for it. Getting to 100 still takes a bit of effort, but it's not the accomplishment it used to be.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    When a 3* dropped, you actually were pretty lucky... and it was amazing to get one that you might actually be able to use for a while.

I've still got my old 3*... My favorite weapon in the game. It was a simple 39 Exorcision Pestle. I somehow managed to get 2 Mag+4 adds. I even took the little pile of mirages I'd managed to get my hands on, and refined that thing to +2. Due to my... *cough* interesting build at that time, before I bought my restat scroll... it lasted me until my 60s... Where I restat, and then made a 3* Jade Sword with +4 and +5 Str with + Maximum Magic attack. Everyone around me saw my weapon, an exact duplicate of the green weapons so many desired, yet glowing purple instead of green, and wondered how I had obtained it. I still have that weapon, too... Lying beside the pile of TT60s I've made since then... *sigh* It's an inferior weapon, to those green ones... But dammit... It's MY weapon, my sign of pride in myself... That's the one thing I will not relent on. People can buy their weapons and gear from every other person in this entire game, but I will not... CAN NOT, wear something made by another. In a game like this, where power, gear, levels can all be purchased, my gear will have my damned name on it, or none at all.
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I have not been part of PWI long enough to remember the days as some recall.

What I see is that everyone rushes to high levels for "fun".
    I am wondering if my assumption is correct that this effect low level players too.

I think a side affect of this is that lower gear drops have become even more rare to obtain as no-one is willing to grind anymore.

At this time I believe it better to wait for the next 2x drop period to even start grinding again.
    Goals like trying to get a mold drop in FB19 just for the heck of it have a better chance during 2x event times as now non-one seems willing to grind FB19 for these drops.

Do I make any sense?
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
    edited April 2010
    I've still got my old 3*... My favorite weapon in the game. It was a simple 39 Exorcision Pestle. I somehow managed to get 2 Mag+4 adds. I even took the little pile of mirages I'd managed to get my hands on, and refined that thing to +2.

Yeah, and up until you had your FB19 and got your first 3* that glowed... you were proud if you had a 3* weapon or two between your original Trial weapon and when you first got your TT60 weapon. Now you get a glowing weapon at lvl5 I think, and others from various quests or supply stashes...

Also remember seeing players with fairies and thinking wow... I can't wait till I get mine, that's so pro! ... and it was also a sign to stay the hell away from them.

I was a late adopter of genies and do find them very useful, but I still think that genies should have been implemented for the 89+ users as an enhancement of fairies instead of something everyone gets at lvl1.
  • Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I've started playing Sep last year and truth be told, i've enjoyed the most part of it.

Until they decided to implement some stupid dailies, nerfed instances and frankly...really messed up this website.

I never had any trouble with it before, but now the loading of this webpage takes 50x longer, some avatars take forever to display, and it's ugly as hell. Not to mention the background that needs to load for 5 minutes.

Whoever designed this is truly a moron.

Back to basics : i haven't played pwi in a few weeks now, as soon as i log in, i'm already bored thinking about the stupid "dailies" and how they seem to mess up everything they change.

PWI has changed, for the worst, in the last few months. I used to spend a lot of cash (for me at least) on this game just to "keep up" with the competition so to speak, but as it stands now, i'm not spending a dime on this "waste" of my time.

I've discovered there are better games out there that bring me more "FUN" then this. The only reason i'm still here is because i met some friends ingame and to keep in toyuch with them. Otherwise i'd rather spend my time sitting outside getting bored in the sun then getting bored in here.

Maybe, very maybe, the devs or whoever responsible realizes they need to step up and improve thigs abit, make it more appealing then the way it's going downhill now. And i don't mean organizing some stupid "design the best cashshop outfit" ****.

signing off, hope you have "fun". I'm looking for the sun outside, No way better then to meet some peeps & have fun.
  • Eshlay - Lost City
    Eshlay - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    In my personal opinion, I miss the days when there was no BH, and this game wasn't pay to win. Before oracles, and to level, you had to do hours of endless grinding. Those were the days. And although it is a lot easier to level nowadays if you have the money, there's still a few things you can do.

I know that Frost is a LOT of charm ****. Trust me, I play on a 9x barb as well. xD Anyways, that's not the point. It's still do-able. And I find that with the Hyper Stones, it's a bit more worth the 1 hour or so.

City of Abominations is more of a weekly thing and doesn't offer too much unless you are in Spectral, Essence, Kamisama, or another big faction. Unless you're after the Pages of Fate, or even the shards. So, in my honest opinion, it's not worth the charm.

As for fun. I haven't found too much to do. Frost or Rebirth Gamma is about the only 'fun' I have found that will also level you. Other than that, about the only other thing you can really do at this level is PvP, that I have seen at least.
    Eshlay- Lv. 92 Venomancer (Quit/Retired)

Playing for: 2 years.

Completely uninstalled. Still lurking the forums from time to time. Might come back if some things are done right for once.
  • Mericre - Harshlands
    Mericre - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Oh, PWE, you make me sad
  • Anchali - Heavens Tear
    Anchali - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    xarrlot wrote: »
    No, unfortunatly, there is not.

This game has lost its challenge when packs / easy lvling came, I even tried starting over again (like the 5th time now) and I still find it boring. If you ppl blame me, it means you dont even know what PWI looked like a year ago or so. It was the best MMO I have ever played, now ppl dont even care about gears, yesterday I passed by a lvl6x wearing 3x gears unrefined / unsharded , not to mention farming.

So basicly this game nowadays is like: Start over -> Quest till you hit 35 or eat Scarlet fruits -> Oracle II -> Tideborn quests / keep oracling -> If you are lucky, you might get a GV squad If not, oracles ftw -> Ok awesome I oracl'ed till 85 -> FC -> FC -> FC -> Ok finally im lvl 95 now I can use my OP gear that it came on my packs ^^ -> If youre on a PvE server, then I would say TW -> In case youre on a pvp server, PK -> Man Im bored. -> Man Im bored. -> Man Im bored. -> *Uses tele* Ok everyone it was so nice playing with you all, but I am quitting, and no I am not giving away any stuff see ya. -> Logs -> *Quits*.

Welcome to the new generation of Perfect World International, but who cares? We, ppl who were the first ones to play this game, are the only ones complaining, So why would they give a ****? New comers have no idea about what happened on this game, but still I will never, EVER forget these days, It was so, so, so, so facking fun to play . .

WORD!

*remembers when she use to grind from lvl 40 to 75 with exp scroll (lol).. remembers when she was director (ah-hem excuse me, in those days being a director was "cool". these days i dont even want to be an executor) of a faction and logs on everyday usually to find herself helping faction mates and she was not even lvl 60 yet which was known for being "high lvl". remembers the fun days....genies? what genies? pwi was FINE without genies!!*

QQ

like someone said, i use the forum more than the game now.
    archer is awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Tbh, hyper stones and oracles completely wrecked the game, because you might as well just roll a priv server and do the exact same thing, only for free (excuse the ps mention). I didn't even consider re-rolling to arch when it came out....and I'm glad I didn't because within a month or two there were 10x players...and my main I've had almost a year is still 9x.

No one's going to quit if BH's go to 1 per day. No one quit when anni packs first came in, or coin boxes, or overpriced gold, or the never ending glitch list, or bh100 rewards nerfed, or those horns introduced. People simply don't quit, most of the remaining players are completely addicted at this stage.

I'm currently playing a different game casually atm, along with plenty of console games and mostly using msn and forums to chat to ppl and having a great time. Now I've stopped playing, you wouldn't be able to convince me to return if you paid me.
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    do fbs with no skills and no eq get a full squad and see how long it takes, i do this sometimes and it can be fun
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What can we do ....... everyday ..without that becoming an harrassement more than going to work ?

- You can chose not to do your BHs
    - You can chose not to do the stones
    - you can shy away from the pick up group doing FF
    - you re not paying for the TT so you wont get anything at the end..

so... there is nothing to do but:

- The race (wich still exists, but isnt announced) can be fun but only lasts 5 minutes

- searching........;

- still searching..; bit nothing comes to mind ...

most people run like crazy to hit 100 (Daylies, Hyper and so on ... ) and what do they get on 100 ? more farming of the same instances over and over again

- PvP on this game ???? dont make me laugh .. go try that game that is 9 years old and does realm vs realm..you ll learn what pvp is.

- Running dungeons/instances... to gain next to nothing , try that 5 YO game that became f2p ... there are 150% more dungeons to do in there, and more fun/tactics doing them

Will PWE find a way to give interests to the game... and not only Credit cards rippings?

This is true, PVE is very enjoyable and challenging, you learn how to play your class if you do it naturally.

PVP I find a real joke, but its common for mmos. PVP on an MMO is pointless and boring. I'd rather play fighting games online for pvp. I wish PWE makes one b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • allison91
    allison91 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    just wanted to check my join date
    edited April 2010
    Tbh, hyper stones and oracles completely wrecked the game, because you might as well just roll a priv server and do the exact same thing, only for free (excuse the ps mention). I didn't even consider re-rolling to arch when it came out....and I'm glad I didn't because within a month or two there were 10x players...and my main I've had almost a year is still 9x.

No one's going to quit if BH's go to 1 per day. No one quit when anni packs first came

People really don't do oracles anymore. You don't see lines and often times if you fly over an oracle spot you might see one or two people there, but they're usually free. Most people who want to level fast just do their bh because if you have a couple hours a day that's all you'll end up doing, is getting your bh's done for the day.

And you're quite wrong, many people left when annipacks came out. Many of them came back after a few months, but a lot didn't.

BH ruined the game more than oracles ever did. If there were no BH, then people would have to go back and grind their levels, but they'd still use hyper stones.

This is true, PVE is very enjoyable and challenging,

PvE is pretty much gone from the game. There is no challenge.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010

Its still there, its just that the easy routes came along b:surrender . There is a lot of things that needs to be removed or altered, such as BH. But I find crazy stone the worst in this game, thats similar to buying levels instead of actual work. Scratch that, crazy stone is buying levels...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Arron - Dreamweaver
    Arron - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I am in deep agreement that the Hyper Stones and Oracles screwed PWI. I was in a big faction but now im in a smaller one, and its much more enjoyable. All i do now is aim to get better, because I leveled completely legit. I used Hypers only 5 times, and now im at my desired level i'm happy with my character.

Please fix...
    - Reduce the amount of XP Hyper Stones give. It used to be Esoterica's but now its just HS, HS, HS. Same for Oracles, limit them to a certain extent.
    - MAKE FROSTCOVERED CITY A MAT FARMING INSTANCE AGAIN. I'd love it if this happened.
    - Make BH One Boss Per Day, i cant stress that enough.

Thaaaaanks :)
    "Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
    edited April 2010
    Its still there, its just that the easy routes came along b:surrender .

No. In the last year, everything has been made easier. Frost difficulty removed. Lunar difficulty removed. Twilight Temple difficulty lowered. Nirvana is a joke.

Are you talking about grinding? Nobody does that anymore. Everyone is either perched at the BH NPC or inside a BH instance.

Grind Quests and FBs are not challenging.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    No. In the last year, everything has been made easier. Frost difficulty removed. Lunar difficulty removed. Twilight Temple difficulty lowered. Nirvana is a joke.

Are you talking about grinding? Nobody does that anymore. Everyone is either perched at the BH NPC or inside a BH instance.

Grind Quests and FBs are not challenging.

Oh yeah, the free blessings, b:surrender. Forgot those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    is there anything fun to do in this game anymore??

NO
    edited April 2010
    Oh yeah, the free blessings, b:surrender. Forgot those.

I wasn't even talking about the free blessings either, I was talking about all the difficult instances being nerfed. Those bless boxes are getting removed soon anyway, so the gossip mill says.
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    People really don't do oracles anymore. You don't see lines and often times if you fly over an oracle spot you might see one or two people there, but they're usually free. Most people who want to level fast just do their bh because if you have a couple hours a day that's all you'll end up doing, is getting your bh's done for the day.

And you're quite wrong, many people left when annipacks came out. Many of them came back after a few months, but a lot didn't.

BH ruined the game more than oracles ever did. If there were no BH, then people would have to go back and grind their levels, but they'd still use hyper stones.

Honestly you should ahve seen Archo after it opend LINES at the oracles , i maen deep lines too, it was sad,
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
    edited April 2010
    Honestly you should ahve seen Archo after it opend LINES at the oracles , i maen deep lines too, it was sad,

Oh, for a new server, I'm sure. But when the oracle sales and packs open here, there just isn't that whole influx of new people racing to the top... sure people try to speed level and oracle still, but it's not like it was a year ago when Jolly Jones' Spring Packs first came out.

New server is just a whole different ballgame compared to older ones.

I'm sure the high level event items were selling for cheap on Arch when they first came out.
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I find it funny how all the newbies keep waiting for another 2x exp/drops event cause thats their only chance to catch up with those whos been around for a while. Or so at leats they think. All it does is that it makes coins more worthless and instances less rewarding.

PWI devs do their best to **** everyone who think that they have done enough on the game and now their progress should be easy/fun.

And so it ends up that way everyone just levels up all the time cause other things are so not worth doing.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    All it does is that it makes coins more worthless and instances less rewarding.
    Except stuff like, you know, upgrading skills which can get quite expensive. Those prices are static. Most people want 2x drops OUTSIDE instances, as you have probably noticed. More specifically, DQ drops.
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Except stuff like, you know, upgrading skills which can get quite expensive. Those prices are static. Most people want 2x drops OUTSIDE instances, as you have probably noticed. More specifically, DQ drops.

Word!

Me, I am perfectly happy grinding out a Fine Pataka of Bodhi DQ quest weapon.
    I am not online for levels...
    I am collector of sorts so if DQ items dropped a bit more it would fuel my grinding once more. I am fine flying around just to finish the quests for Copper coins. I am willing to make a Silver coin boss killer just for that part only. However now getting the drops are "painfull" from my view.

It became a job. I hate having a job in a game.. Am I spoiled?
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
    edited April 2010

Until BH started, it wasn't really all that difficult saving up 5-10m by the time you were 8x. No wine fees, skills were pretty easily purchasable, the only real issue was having the spirit to level them.
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Yeap, that's why I find it funny. You simply keep waiting for another 2x drops event while it messes up the prices of things on the market and closes you the possiblity to make coin later on.

With all the circumstances around forcing you to keep levleing up you end up being pretty poor unless you charge zen.
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    How about putting all the exp together into one bh? So instead of the one bh exp, we get the combined exp of all three bhs in one bh. :D

That or simply just get all the 3 bhs at same time, not to tele in and out(avoids afks and, oh im flying i dont have money to tele, brb all that boring ****)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i'm surprised someone on LC is asking if there's anything fun to do....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj3dOfNlD68
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    QFT. So much damned truth... I remember when I first started playing. I remember the fun, the glory, the sheer AWESOME of this game. I remember when the coolest Veno mount in the air was an Israfel, and I was still flying around on my dopey manta. I remember the days in which a green weapon was something to be respected... I remember wondering if I could ever reach that level of epic, when all I was waving around was a purple weapon I'd put so much effort into making. I remember being afraid of bosses, who could eat me faster than I could scream, and gathering a bunch of friends who also needed such a beast, and beating the ever living **** out of it, and we rejoiced! We filled our faction chat with cries of victory!

Now... Horrible monstrosities fill the air... Glitched beyond belief. You see more green in the hands of players than the green of the forests themselves... A player with a simple purple weapon is mocked, and bosses are merely a sidenote in Faction Chat, if even a mention... Gone are the days of glory and victory, instead of battle cries, the air is filled with the sound of the clinking coin, and the greedy hawking their overpriced wares... There is no honor to be found here. Our way of life is dead.

Yes. This. Thank you.