Rank 9 ?

Comments

• XDXDXD - Dreamweaver
    XDXDXD - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:chuckle also if OP scroll down original post, the guy had lvl 150 and rap 600k, someone even quoted him saying that.. he later changed it to make it look "more reasonable",notice the last mod date? so failed OP cant even read the 3rd reply
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:chuckle also if OP scroll down original post, the guy had lvl 150 and rap 600k, someone even quoted him saying that.. he later changed it to make it look "more reasonable",notice the last mod date? so failed OP cant even read the 3rd reply

D: actually i saw it, but annoying with google translate. im not chinese lol.
    fail and fail, i guess wrong on google translate thats all lol.

looked back. i see its edited, but whoever posted another dream stat ring is not the one who made topic. and the quete isnt from him either. unless its an alt.
    wherever ur source for the other thing is, gimme, cos cant find that with +20 attack lvls anywhere.

to person below me, stop calling som1 names, try use google translate for chiense stuff, it all looks weird D:
    and u can get warning for bypass filter for the word btw..
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • EgaeniI - Heavens Tear
    EgaeniI - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:pleased LOL i was about to QQ untill i read the last 2 posts... LMAO OP is so re-tar-ded

but rank 9 is kinda interesting.. even if rap stay the same that's still about $3k (around that dont go into detail) to make one, compare to niv weapon.. rap crystals at 3mil each thats $US 2k (roughly at current market price)

i guess pw is trying to create 2 different paths for end game cash shopper, one pure brute force with +20 attack lvl, or using stats like (debuff/zerk) from niv weapon

as i can only say from archer point of view with all my sockets have +1 attack lvl, i can say debuff really really helps, once a cleric start to stacking ih, debuff is the only way to kill him/her, maybe tw debuff is more usfull.. once u zhen, u see a sea of purple smoke, u know u doing ur job right

as for sin spark declock.. well as soon as i know sin is out playing at west arch/sp, i will start moving and jumping randomly so doesnt really matter to me, even if they stun me.. i just expel them, not that hard

as for stun/spark, that's just stupid.. 3 sces just stand there bright red.. (i will leave ppl from pvp sever insert wat will happen there)
    b:bye full time shop part time player
  • Hitokeri - Heavens Tear
    Hitokeri - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Rank 8 is 200,000 rep., assume one has 5k rep already:

To get the additional 195k rep, 7,800 badges are needed, or 62,400 tokens, at 11,000 per token, the cost comes to 686,400,000 in game coins.

To get Nirvana weapon, it's free if you farm all 230, or 250 crystals. But if you choose to buy, at 2,500,000 per crystal, it costs between 575,000,000 to 625,000,000 coins. But Rank 8 comes with 2 sockets, with Nirvana you would have to use stones to retain the sockets.

If one is a cash shopper, it is definitely worth considering Rank 8 now if the rumor of no additional rep is required for Rank 9 is true. Remember, with Rank 8, in addition to a weapon, you also get a ring, and pretty good chest and leg pieces.
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    notice the rumor stats that for rank 9 u need to do quest and NEED items from CASHSHOP, and reason they want to move to rank 9 is very simple, G14 for rank 8 vs G15 for niv and with better stats.

as for the ring.. unless can refine.. its point less, for end game pk defence is getting more and more important. as for rank 8 legging.. niv is better

but i do like how pwi is changing the whole time, if rank 9 do comes out i might get both niv and rank 9 if i got the cash :P

i think rank 9 weapon good vs barb and any un buffed class, niv is good vs cleric/bm and any1 got buffed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Rank 8 is 200,000 rep., assume one has 5k rep already:

To get the additional 195k rep, 7,800 badges are needed, or 62,400 tokens, at 11,000 per token, the cost comes to 686,400,000 in game coins.

To get Nirvana weapon, it's free if you farm all 230, or 250 crystals. But if you choose to buy, at 2,500,000 per crystal, it costs between 575,000,000 to 625,000,000 coins. But Rank 8 comes with 2 sockets, with Nirvana you would have to use stones to retain the sockets.

If one is a cash shopper, it is definitely worth considering Rank 8 now if the rumor of no additional rep is required for Rank 9 is true. Remember, with Rank 8, in addition to a weapon, you also get a ring, and pretty good chest and leg pieces.

you are forgetting one key fact, nirvana is gr15 while rank 8 weapon is gr14. in terms of a true endgame gear it's cheaper to get nirvana since i'm sure even if rank 9 weapon came out it would be gr15 not higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Imo you'd have to be pretty crazy to get rank 8 instead of NG15.

NG15 is cheaper, with the right stats it blows R8 out of the water (especially once refined), and you will have enough money left over to refine/buy other gear.

Also it really depends on your class. For a veno, R8 really sucks. Also you can't refine the R8 ring - something I don't quite understand why. A lunar ring can give you a huge def boost once refined properly.

Oh and if they're a real cs user, they'll simply get both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    axt57 wrote: »
    Imo you'd have to be pretty crazy to get rank 8 instead of NG15.

NG15 is cheaper, with the right stats it blows R8 out of the water (especially once refined), and you will have enough money left over to refine/buy other gear.

Also it really depends on your class. For a veno, R8 really sucks. Also you can't refine the R8 ring - something I don't quite understand why. A lunar ring can give you a huge def boost once refined properly.

Oh and if they're a real cs user, they'll simply get both.

You don't know what you talking about especially for mages. R8 with 2 socket gives you at same refining more damage than nirvana with 1 socket. How big probability you have craft nirvana with 2 sockets? Also At same refining and without sockets is nirvana stronger just by ~100 in magic attack. With nirvana you have probability to get better addons or totally ****. Rank 8 comes with VERY good chest and best ring in game. For me is path clear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Agree with Mumintroll, doesn't it just cost 2 mil for a re-roll of ur rank gear once a day ? Also its foolish to assume that there will not be a rank 10 . There is still content coming out for this game. For all we know that next set of gear thats higher than nirvana will require u decompose it or probably buy an even more expensive stone. Those who pay will in the end have the advantage.

EDIT : pwdatabase states that is only 1 mil for a re-roll, pretty good i say
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You don't know what you talking about especially for mages. R8 with 2 socket gives you at same refining more damage than nirvana with 1 socket. How big probability you have craft nirvana with 2 sockets? Also At same refining and without sockets is nirvana stronger just by ~100 in magic attack. With nirvana you have probability to get better addons or totally ****. Rank 8 comes with VERY good chest and best ring in game. For me is path clear.

Lol ok w/e floats your boat - if you want to nerf yourself while spending more money go right ahead.

R8 weapon might look attractive at the start, but thing is eventually you'll be able to get a 2nd socket on the NG15, and reroll it to decent stats, which according to the few NG15s already doesn't seem to take that many tries. Once you do so, the R8 will look like a joke compared to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    b:question so let me get this right, u willing to spent money to reroll rank 8 chest, BUT u wont reroll niv weapon? fair enough..

if u already spent 600mil and u gona cheap on the last bit of getting good weapon coz u cant just plain cheap :P

niv 1 main addon 3 small addons (small addon can be +2% cri)
    rank 8 1 main addon 2 small addons

as for rank 8 rings.. yes it does look good in term of stats, but the biggest flaw is u cant refine it.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well, they would actually have to put you at the level that the exp you have would give you. They can't just take away the exp you earned can they? o.o

Honestly, I don't expect it to be lowered when/if they raise the level cap. They may make the levels after it less exponentially increased, but I doubt they will play with the current exp/lvl transfer.
    Technically they could do whatever they want. But I agree with you, I don't see them messing with the exp just because it would be a pain when they could just tack on the new levels and be done with it, much easier than changing all the exp requirements and re-evaluating every character to see what level they would be with the new requirements.
    It really wouldn't be that difficult. If there's something that keeps track of the cumulative exp of each character then all they'd need to do is bump down the exp requirements for each level and it should automatically adjust everything. If not then it'll be a bit more complicated since they'll have to go through each level individually (well, starting from wherever they decide to lower the exp requirements anyway) and write a few lines of code per level.

The latter would take a bit more effort on the part of the devs so if that's the case then 100-105 would be the wall of 'lol, **** you players' that we'll have to pass in order to get to get back to 'easier' leveling. Might be interesting if the exp to get from 104 to 105 is greater than the exp needed from 105 to 106 though.

You guys are acting as if they'd actually boost your lvl if they lower the XP curve. I've known several games that have lowered the XP curve, and they never gave anyone any new levels. As i explained in another thread, its akin to people who farmed for Lunar weapons, then suddenly Lunar weapons became easier to get with packs. They didnt reimburse people the extra money they spent for the Lunar weapon. The price you pay for getting something earlier, is it taking more effort. You cumulative Exp means nothing, just like your cumulative coin means nothing.

Besides more then likely it'd only be 102+ that'd be adjusted downward (well maybe 101) but below that is prior to the drastic curve upward in XP reqs.

I personally dont see them ever changing the cap, as there has been much evidence (conversion of old FB109s into Warsong & Nirvana, & the 109 culti being moved to 100 & linked to Lost Empire being the largest clues) + many GM statements as well. But with the devs in this game, you never know when they'll have a sudden change of heart/direction.
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    b:shocked okie.... lets get back to creazy talk about lvling and stuff....yea i think should be lvl 300 at least is the cap limit
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    As if rank 8 doesn't take FOREVER enough to get unless you're a 24/7 cash shopper, then Rank 9 is hardly believable.
  • ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The PWI database obviously is wrong, or at least misleading.

G15 nirvana magic wand (Foundation of World) only gives 1 main add-on(-6% or -10% channelling) and 2 small addons(+vit, +magic +def lvl, +attk lvl etc etc). This is according to personal experience.

Nevertheless, since we have the option to reforge nirvana weps, they can be better than R8(at least for cleric) in terms of magic attk, even if they are 1 socketed. For example, -10% channelling, +18 magic, +18 magic.
    edited April 2010
    The PWI database obviously is wrong, or at least misleading.

G15 nirvana magic wand (Foundation of World) only gives 1 main add-on(-6% or -10% channelling) and 2 small addons(+vit, +magic +def lvl, +attk lvl etc etc). This is according to personal experience.

Nevertheless, since we have the option to reforge nirvana weps, they can be better than R8(at least for cleric) in terms of magic attk, even if they are 1 socketed. For example, -10% channelling, +18 magic, +18 magic.

If you fill up slot with 1 shard +100 attack it will add approximately +600 in magic attack. Also if you forge nirvana G 15 with **** addons reforge cost how much 8M?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    If you fill up slot with 1 shard +100 attack it will add approximately +600 in magic attack. Also if you forge nirvana G 15 with **** addons reforge cost how much 8M?

reforge for wep costs 7 raptures.

Anyways, G15 nirvana (at least for ones upgraded from lunar) is tradable and that is one big cost advantage over rank 8.
  • Anchali - Heavens Tear
    Anchali - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Exactly lol. I worked for this lvl, hardcore too. No oracles, very few BH and very few Hyper stones. I'm getting close to 101 now, but if I'm like at lvl 101 w/ like 40%, I might log on and find myself at 0% if they raise the cap and lower the exp.

hardcore? "hardcore lvling" is over at the moment you touched those stones. sorry b:bye
    archer is awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hitokeri - Heavens Tear
    Hitokeri - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If you currently have Rank 8, will you go for Nirvana or the rumored Rank 9? I would think Rank 9.

If you are a cash shopper, and don't plan on farming for raptures, will you go for Nirvana or the rumored Rank 9? Debatable.

If you plan to farm and buy raptures, will you for Nirvana or the rumored Rank 9? I would think Nirvana.

Like someone said earlier, PWI is providing two paths to obtain different end-game weapons, each have its advantages and disadvantages. Bottom line: just have to wait for more details.
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Before tideborn expansion ppl were happy with 90 Green , now its just used to make 99 gold then nirvana. ppl lost tons of $$$ cause they refined their 90 green and sharded it well. 99 gold , i rarely saw it before tideborn as its not much better than 90 green. Sure you can reforge, but thats not cheap and if u have bad luck you have to keep doing it again and again. I see alot of ppl who are sharding their nirvana to the max with event gems. Average armor cost soared after rising tide. Nirvana is not end game gear. I'm willing to bet the next set above it will be absurdly expensive and near impossible to get. If you look at the trend, gear that u can get easily with a good ol' fashion time /patience is being phased out. oracle pack, Hyper XP sales. They are pushing ppl to 100.When that happends the gear will be devaulued beacuse of availability.Which is then the perfect time to realease the next set. PWI will eventually make rank gear beter then anything u can get with just time and a good squad. Why? .. more money for them .
    edited April 2010
    Nirvana gear can be farmed and made without forking out a single cent while rank(8 or well,9) gear (I don't even want to think about warsoul) had to be bought, mainly via rl cold hard cash.

If you are running a business, I would suppose you will favor rank gear over nirvana. So I guess it's natural they will want to make rank equip better than nirvana eventually.
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    as for rank 8 rings.. yes it does look good in term of stats, but the biggest flaw is u cant refine it.

What kind of bullcrap are you all talking about ring refines, not everyone is an Archer/LA class and need the additional refine.
    For arcane its pretty much useless to have higher magic defense than i already got b:bye
    and yes even the lunar ring refines magic :p

Rank 8 can be farmed as well Arch, so did I , didnt spend a single buck yet =)
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ^ What she said!

Rank 8 can be farmed - you can farm/merchant coins to buy tokens off of other people, or you can farm FBs, BH (BH2 gives 66 rep reward as an option), OMA quests, Wanted scroll quests, etc.

It takes much more time, but it's not impossible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    What kind of bullcrap are you all talking about ring refines, not everyone is an Archer/LA class and need the additional refine.
    For arcane its pretty much useless to have higher magic defense than i already got b:bye
    and yes even the lunar ring refines magic :p

Rank 8 can be farmed as well Arch, so did I , didnt spend a single buck yet =)

what kinda of bullcrap are you talking about, do u know rank rings r MIGHT ring? aka when u refine they give u phys def. how s refine a might ring is usless for arcane? b:bye y ppl so noob these days
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You guys are acting as if they'd actually boost your lvl if they lower the XP curve. I've known several games that have lowered the XP curve, and they never gave anyone any new levels. As i explained in another thread, its akin to people who farmed for Lunar weapons, then suddenly Lunar weapons became easier to get with packs. They didnt reimburse people the extra money they spent for the Lunar weapon. The price you pay for getting something earlier, is it taking more effort. You cumulative Exp means nothing, just like your cumulative coin means nothing.

Besides more then likely it'd only be 102+ that'd be adjusted downward (well maybe 101) but below that is prior to the drastic curve upward in XP reqs.

And again, that's not the same comparison. If you've farmed something, you still get to keep it. If you earn experience and it's taken away from you, it's something that has been taken away from you.

They don't need to lower the exp curve as it's perfectly sensible until lvl 99, and they most likely won't do that all, all they really need to do is adjust the exp curve after 100 if they ever plan on changing the level cap.

If they do adjust the exp curve, I find it highly unlikely that they'll delete anyone's exp because of it. It's not like PWI doesn't know what your total cumulative experience is, and seeing how they're fans of making things easy and giving stuff away, they'd most likely adjust everyone's levels to suit the new structure. Doing so isn't really giving anything away at all either, since the experience has already been earned. Many people paid to get that experience, and taking it away would definitely alienate that segment of players who massively cash shop, and that's one thing the devs or management would not want to do.

I honestly don't see the cap being raised though, it would take too much content update for too small of a percentage of the player base. Besides, there are numerous pointers that show that they don't intend to do so either. Maybe it will one day, but I imagine the game would have fulfilled it's lifespan by then.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited April 2010
    what kinda of bullcrap are you talking about, do u know rank rings r MIGHT ring? aka when u refine they give u phys def. how s refine a might ring is usless for arcane? b:bye y ppl so noob these days

OMG. Bigger bull**** I didn't read for long time. Rank ring are both magical attack and physical attack and you CANNOT refine them. Go back and learn to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    OMG. Bigger bull**** I didn't read for long time. Rank ring are both magical attack and physical attack and you CANNOT refine them. Go back and learn to play.

OMG OMG even BIGGER bull ****, as i said you CANNOT refine them end story stop copying what i said. go back and learn to play and learn to listen to other ppl on how to run bhs, so you dont end up need to re do it with another party. noobs these days
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    OMG OMG even BIGGER bull ****, as i said you CANNOT refine them end story stop copying what i said. go back and learn to play and learn to listen to other ppl on how to run bhs, so you dont end up need to re do it with another party. noobs these days

Good one for English Class to figure out: What is the subject of this text, what is the opinion, what kind of arguments are given, and what is the conclusing drawn by the author of this text?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010

YOUR WORDS
    what kinda of bullcrap are you talking about, do u know rank rings r MIGHT ring? aka when u refine they give u phys def. how s refine a might ring is usless for arcane? y ppl so noob these days

This is totally ****. I cannot stop laughing. But your level explain everything. Apparently you don't have any1, because you could read, that rank ring cannot be refined.
    [IMG]<script src='http://img91.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=20100428091348.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>[/img]20100428091348.jpg</noscript>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Good one for English Class to figure out: What is the subject of this text, what is the opinion, what kind of arguments are given, and what is the conclusion drawn by the author of this text?

Consider this a free lesson.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks