Challenge for Calamity?

Comments

• Yorkin - Dreamweaver
    Yorkin - Dreamweaver Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Truly it is. Although I'm not part of any TW, I must say numerous attacks of other guilds last weekends, and numerous defenses by Calamity for that matter, certainly deserve attention again to TW. I also tip my hat off (Xanadu one, that gives +30MP XD).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A small tribute to elven mathematician from a human physicist. b:pleased

Yorkin - The Retired Wizard
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Truly it is. Although I'm not part of any TW, I must say numerous attacks of other guilds last weekends, and numerous defenses by Calamity for that matter, certainly deserve attention again to TW. I also tip my hat off (Xanadu one, that gives +30MP XD).

Cala is suffering below 100 ppl for 3-way defences atm, big part of losing atm.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    -The rest of the server: after all, we're hoping to have, at least for 1 week all of the server lands, we understand that some players see us as the enemy even though they've never met us. Whenever I'm playing an alt, I hear crazy rumors about Calamity as well as very kind words. We do hope we can offer help to the server (no not money!) we have events that are or will be implemented with the server, as the boss day, a public quest day, a cube day and who knows, maybe a scavenger hunt. Calamity has an event crew that juggles ideas and we set aside part of TW pay to plan prices and or expenses for this.

aaaah long posts, it's been a while.

Ya, i agree. on my alts, ppl are chewing up calamity, they hate the faction, when asked why, its just cause.
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    Illyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Ya, i agree. on my alts, ppl are chewing up calamity, they hate the faction, when asked why, its just cause.

The just 'cause can be found from Andres' post:

"After all, we're hoping to have, at least for 1 week all of the server lands"; had it not been for other factions, they would like to keep all of the lands for much longer than that. b:laugh Its a big map and there is plenty to go around. Calamity is hated in part because of their war campaign.
    5.0 "Pure" 8jun Sage Clawrcher of Dreamweaver
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    The just 'cause can be found from Andres' post:

"After all, we're hoping to have, at least for 1 week all of the server lands"; had it not been for other factions, they would like to keep all of the lands for much longer than that. b:laugh Its a big map and there is plenty to go around. Calamity is hated in part because of their war campaign.

ya, but equinox has the same goal, and they go around being jerks, but ppl love them cause they can beat cala.
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ya, but equinox has the same goal, and they go around being jerks, but ppl love them cause they can beat cala.

nono, they want to 'share' the map and make it a rainbow color if they owned most of it, just like every other faction that holds the most land on every server on pwi, pw my, pw cn etc. :)
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    nono, they want to 'share' the map and make it a rainbow color if they owned most of it, just like every other faction that holds the most land on every server on pwi, pw my, pw cn etc. :)

anyways, with the new tw pay system, it wont matter soon.
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010

You're mistaken. Eq will never own the entire map. They will never own more than 1/2.
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    You're mistaken. Eq will never own the entire map. They will never own more than 1/2.

when eq owned 1/2 they continued to attack, actually... eq attacked cala first. so....
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    when eq owned 1/2 they continued to attack, actually... eq attacked cala first. so....

Eq has never owned 1/2 of the server land. It was Calamity who said that the original agreement between the two void after claiming that they wanted more cities in the 50/50 split agreement ages ago, based on the claim that they acquired land on the server first.

With exception of VERY few people, those factions have turned over entirely. In terms of "original" people, I've been in Equinox 2nd longest. I was there when the talks were occurring. If you're to hold this contract against a faction, it is only in name. The people have all but changed. If anything, those people who were in EQ at that time mostly went over to Calamity.

I believe the difference between the two factions is crystal clear:
    Calamity Creed

I will gather in the breach with my brothers and sisters. I will drink from the cup of Pain, and Blood, and Victory. I will celebrate the greatness that we have built...a blood red map, a community of honour and family, a home. Calamity. The name is true. Calamity will be the call of all who oppose us and the fate of those who wish us harm.

-Throck, The Ill Fashioned
    I am not the only one who would leave Equinox if they became anything like Calamity is.
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Has any faction in PW history ever done this? Any faction at all, have they ever owned the majority of the map, but only kept half of it while letting the other half belong to other factions. I don't think so, Equinox will not be an exception. It's so easy to say this when you don't have it, but if Equinox was in Calamity's shoes, you know it would just be like how it is now. You guys can fool clueless people in believing this, but not the people who knows the history of the dominant factions on each server.
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited June 2010

I always get a kick out of that.

I can honestly say that on an individual basis, for every 1 Calamity person I ever had an issue with, be it their playing abilities or their attitude towards others, their are at least 10 members in the other "big guilds" who have given me the same issue.

For me that's enough not to care if they want to take over the map or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I like Calamity. The thought of them owning the entire map makes me wet myself. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • ButtSekks - Dreamweaver
    ButtSekks - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Has any faction in PW history ever done this? Any faction at all, have they ever owned the majority of the map, but only kept half of it while letting the other half belong to other factions. I don't think so, Equinox will not be an exception. It's so easy to say this when you don't have it, but if Equinox was in Calamity's shoes, you know it would just be like how it is now. You guys can fool clueless people in believing this, but not the people who knows the history of the dominant factions on each server.

It will never happen, it is in our core... the very foundation of EQ. Our main goal is to make Dreamweaver a more fun TW server. By eliminating a overwhelmingly dominant faction to just replace it with another grinds at the very principals EQ and our officer core push.

So this "if you were in cala's shoes" excuse I feel can be dismissed. I for one would no longer be in EQ if the goals or focus changed to a align with a map controlling faction's goals (CQ, Cala, Nefaroius as examples)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It will never happen, it is in our core... the very foundation of EQ. Our main goal is to make Dreamweaver a more fun TW server. By eliminating a overwhelmingly dominant faction to just replace it with another grinds at the very principals EQ and our officer core push.

So this "if you were in cala's shoes" excuse I feel can be dismissed. I for one would no longer be in EQ if the goals or focus changed to a align with a map controlling faction's goals (CQ, Cala, Nefaroius as examples)

The server is just fine the way it is. It's only fun if you make it fun and do it your own way that makes you feel the best.

From what I see, people are like:

I hate cala because they wont give me land.

Wait, stop a sec. You want Calamity, to give you their land, because you are too lazy to build up a faction of your own and beat cala?

A quote from our current director(who is aweshum btw)

"If a faction can take a land from Us (Calamity) and defend it, Then they truly deserve to have that land."

-BaldwinBoy 102 BM Dreamweaver

If you want land from cala, then work hard and build up a faction. I love TWs against Vanquish and Dynasty and seeing how much players improve from week to week. Another faction I enjoy Twing against is Prodigy because they are a fun group of people and are also improving their tactics and abilities.

~Mizuoni
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Anarchy - Dreamweaver
    Anarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2010

-tilts head- I must be missing something...and please enlighten me if I am b:cute

But uhm, EQ Director guy.....how can EQ take only half and share the other half of the map, if the only way to take land off of Cala atm is through a 3-way gank with strong factions? Cause like, youate all the land Cala had left to Dynasty and HDT by convincing Dynasty to attack Cala (whom really only wanted to wipe EQ at the time...they run around alot) its sad cause if Dynasty hadn't taken the land from HDT ...Cala wouldn't have had to take it away from Dynasty...and if EQ hadn't taken Dynasty's land..they'd prolly still have 4+ lands.....

And I mean.....if Cala defends against everyone but EQ..doesn;t that mean EQ will just slowly eat the whole map? and like not share?

or did I miss the part where Eq was gonna share lands? as in give them away...cause I'd love to see your faction chat on those days.

I am just saying...
    This person they make me out to be? She irritates the hell out of me too :D
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    -tilts head- I must be missing something...and please enlighten me if I am b:cute

But uhm, EQ Director guy.....how can EQ take only half and share the other half of the map, if the only way to take land off of Cala atm is through a 3-way gank with strong factions? Cause like, youate all the land Cala had left to Dynasty and HDT by convincing Dynasty to attack Cala (whom really only wanted to wipe EQ at the time...they run around alot) its sad cause if Dynasty hadn't taken the land from HDT ...Cala wouldn't have had to take it away from Dynasty...and if EQ hadn't taken Dynasty's land..they'd prolly still have 4+ lands.....

And I mean.....if Cala defends against everyone but EQ..doesn;t that mean EQ will just slowly eat the whole map? and like not share?

or did I miss the part where Eq was gonna share lands? as in give them away...cause I'd love to see your faction chat on those days.

I am just saying...

speaking of giving lands away, i think thats against the TOS b:mischievous
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Healing_Hand - Dreamweaver
    Healing_Hand - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2010

If you want land from cala, then work hard and build up a faction. I love TWs against Vanquish and Dynasty and seeing how much players improve from week to week. Another faction I enjoy Twing against is Prodigy because they are a fun group of people and are also improving their tactics and abilities.

~Mizuoni

Hmm....ya work hard and build up a faction, or just join Calamity Right miz?
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010

I am just saying...

Miz, if giving land away is against the ToS, perhaps you should have informed Anarchy about this with regards to your TW fight this past weekend... or were you not there when the heart of Calamity rebelled and successfully defended against Inversion against the leaderships orders?

A TW faction must earn the right to hold their land; there really is no free give aways in this game, because if another faction attacks (and I'm not suggesting just Cala) and takes the land, then there is ultimately nothing they can do but to fight and get it back. At the same time, it certainly pays to have friends on the map (and off of it, too).

To be honest, I don't care if Calamity is wiped off the map. I do want to see more colors on the map though, and pardon everyone else from thinking this way, but if you're not red and TWing, you're doing your part to add more color to the map.

All things considered, no one can question Calamity's intentions of map domination. Just because you want to take the entire map does not mean EQ does. Don't you dare compare us to you in that regard-- you have quite literally no leg to stand on.... or shall I quote Throck the Ill-fashioned from the front of your website again? Equinox stands on the principles of equality and respect, not "Pain, and Blood, and Victory". TW is supposed to be fun, and if it wasn't for strong factions standing up to the tyranny YOUR faction imposes, we can sure as hell bet what color the entire map would be today.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited June 2010

If you want land from cala, then work hard and build up a faction.

It's kinda hard to build up a faction when most people who reach level where they can TW effectively, leave for Cala/EQ/Dyna, because they know the sheer amount of reputation these factions have and know that they'll have more fun TWing for either of these factions since it's not all clear that they'll lose. .__.

The current faction I'm in is looking to go TW soon, but has to build up reputation outside of PvP to sustain its members because it's not exactly a faction full of rich people to be TWing every week just to make the name heard, as we raise money by doing WBs and selling the drops. Nobody gets to keep any of the drops, and that can be a brutal turn down for those who spend their own time and repair bill to take down these bosses. Those who do not assume it's full of losers stick around and have really good time, and we can only hope that they'll have faith in this faction rather than be steered away by the reputations of bigger factions.

I myself have left this specific faction once due to a dispute with my fellow officers, and the first thing I thought about is applying to join either Cala or EQ and I had been in this faction since I started playing this game and made many friends that I can call my family in the game. The reputations of these factions are just that influential.

Not arguing that factions need to work hard to be a good enough TW faction, but it just isn't as easy as it looks from higher up. Most people want to be in a winning faction, after all.

P.S. this is a game right? Starting to sound highly political b:shocked
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Hmm....ya work hard and build up a faction, or just join Calamity Right miz?
    thanks for reminding me, Calamity recruiting levels 85+ :o
    Miz, if giving land away is against the ToS, perhaps you should have informed Anarchy about this with regards to your TW fight this past weekend... or were you not there when the heart of Calamity rebelled and successfully defended against Inversion against the leaderships orders?

A TW faction must earn the right to hold their land; there really is no free give aways in this game, because if another faction attacks (and I'm not suggesting just Cala) and takes the land, then there is ultimately nothing they can do but to fight and get it back. At the same time, it certainly pays to have friends on the map (and off of it, too).

To be honest, I don't care if Calamity is wiped off the map. I do want to see more colors on the map though, and pardon everyone else from thinking this way, but if you're not red and TWing, you're doing your part to add more color to the map.

All things considered, no one can question Calamity's intentions of map domination. Just because you want to take the entire map does not mean EQ does. Don't you dare compare us to you in that regard-- you have quite literally no leg to stand on.... or shall I quote Throck the Ill-fashioned from the front of your website again? Equinox stands on the principles of equality and respect, not "Pain, and Blood, and Victory". TW is supposed to be fun, and if it wasn't for strong factions standing up to the tyranny YOUR faction imposes, we can sure as hell bet what color the entire map would be today.
    b:surrenderi honestly didnt read this because it seems really long and boring. I will have my pet Shadowfire do it when i wake up.

EDIT: Read it so here goes nothing

I have no comment

Thank you for your time
    It's kinda hard to build up a faction when most people who reach level where they can TW effectively, leave for Cala/EQ/Dyna, because they know the sheer amount of reputation these factions have and know that they'll have more fun TWing for either of these factions since it's not all clear that they'll lose. .__.

The current faction I'm in is looking to go TW soon, but has to build up reputation outside of PvP to sustain its members because it's not exactly a faction full of rich people to be TWing every week just to make the name heard, as we raise money by doing WBs and selling the drops. Nobody gets to keep any of the drops, and that can be a brutal turn down for those who spend their own time and repair bill to take down these bosses. Those who do not assume it's full of losers stick around and have really good time, and we can only hope that they'll have faith in this faction rather than be steered away by the reputations of bigger factions.

I myself have left this specific faction once due to a dispute with my fellow officers, and the first thing I thought about is applying to join either Cala or EQ and I had been in this faction since I started playing this game and made many friends that I can call my family in the game. The reputations of these factions are just that influential.

Not arguing that factions need to work hard to be a good enough TW faction, but it just isn't as easy as it looks from higher up. Most people want to be in a winning faction, after all.

P.S. this is a game right? Starting to sound highly political b:shocked

b:surrenderMost people in cala arent rich either. Im sure your faction will get up there and I look forward to seeing you in the future. :)

• Anarchy - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Ilyanna (did I even spell that right? -shrug-)

You didn't answer my question....allow me to symplify that for you:

If the only way to get land off of calamity is through EQ owningit....how do you get a multi colored map? all I can picture (assuming you only take half) is a red and pink one.

I am not in Cala anymore, so no need to play the politics, the inversion war was an all time low for cala cooperation, and I don't support the new directive as it supports EQ ends in the long run. Although perhaps indirectly. -I am also trying to quit the game, but its awfully addictive when I don't have to babysit a website lol-

Anyways, I am looking for the answer to the above question, and think I am being nice about it...no need to get defensive....it looks like you hiding something imo >.>b:surrender
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Ilyanna (did I even spell that right? -shrug-)

You didn't answer my question....allow me to symplify that for you:

If the only way to get land off of calamity is through EQ owningit....how do you get a multi colored map? all I can picture (assuming you only take half) is a red and pink one.

I am not in Cala anymore, so no need to play the politics, the inversion war was an all time low for cala cooperation, and I don't support the new directive as it supports EQ ends in the long run. Although perhaps indirectly. -I am also trying to quit the game, but its awfully addictive when I don't have to babysit a website lol-

Anyways, I am looking for the answer to the above question, and think I am being nice about it...no need to get defensive....it looks like you hiding something imo >.>b:surrender

Ana you are supposed to be in bed!
  • Anarchy - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Ana you are supposed to be in bed!

I wanted an answer! Q.Q Besides everyone knows Ily's a troll....I knew I would not have to wait long...

Although I was talking to Ajay...meh
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    I wanted an answer! Q.Q Besides everyone knows Ily's a troll....I knew I would not have to wait long...

Although I was talking to Ajay...meh

You should come on vent, the convo about this thread is ROFLMAO.b:shutup
  • Anarchy - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    You should come on vent, the convo about this thread is ROFLMAO.b:shutup

LOL
    If I come on vent, I am never gonna go to bed before the server comes back online. That would be really bad for my sleep.

tomorrow kay?
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    LOL
    If I come on vent, I am never gonna go to bed before the server comes back online. That would be really bad for my sleep.

tomorrow kay?

we are eating oreos and milk! Its movie night btw! watching Avatar<3
  • ButtSekks - Dreamweaver
    ButtSekks - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2010

I am just saying...

Firstly EQ land max is half.. that is not saying it is our goal to take half. We are just self imposing a cap of 1/2 lands (if that is ever even the case) on the road of achieving our goals. Your logic is not correct in assuming EQ is the only faction that has, can or will ever beat Calamity. Vanq has, Dyna has and as similar factions gain strength, experience, lvls, gear, membership others will hopefully as well.

Facts are.. calamity wants the map for whatever reasons. Equinox does not because the people here push for the fundamental principles of respect, equality and the hard work necessary to achieve these sever wide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Firstly EQ land max is half.. that is not saying it is our goal to take half. We are just self imposing a cap of 1/2 lands (if that is ever even the case) on the road of achieving our goals. Your logic is not correct in assuming EQ is the only faction that has, can or will ever beat Calamity. Vanq has, Dyna has and as similar factions gain strength, experience, lvls, gear, membership others will hopefully as well.

Facts are.. calamity wants the map for whatever reasons. Equinox does not because the people here push for the fundamental principles of respect, equality and the hard work necessary to achieve these sever wide.

So question.

If EQ only wants half the map. And some other factions(or one faction) takes the other half of the map. Then that means no one will attack each other because we are keeping a "rainbow" map and dont want to have one dominant color which means....no TW?

how is that fun :\

bleh its 3 AM, mizzy needs sleep.

P.S. i lost my bet, SF said Ajay would reply before Illy...q.q
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited June 2010

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6704072&postcount=45 (full source of what i'm quoting)
    Illyana, Feb 2, 2010:
    When there are no little lands for which strong factions can quibble over, alliances will be forced and Calamity will have difficulty.

For those who are current land owners or those who have held land and not attacked Calamity out of fear, your time of cowardice is nearing its end. Calamity is going to be everyone's problem very soon, but first your problem may very well be Equinox. The taste of defeat is always the most bitter at first; Equinox comes battle-hardened and well trained. May each bring their best to the fight, and in the event your faction loses, know that it is not to your opponent you are losing to, but to your long history of inaction. The red map is testament to this.

[end quote]

Now, this is the words of an EQ officer, that were never later said to not represent their views. I even pmed the original poster asking about this post, so as to give them a chance to defend against it or explain why it doesn't apply. No pm has been received, so I'm assuming he stands by it.
    This doesn't seem to fit what you're saying, Ajay. "You didn't do what we want, so we're going to MAKE you do what we want." And then EQ went to take all of Dynasty's land, because Dynasty didn't attack Calamity. EQ's tactics, as Ana said, are what cost Dynasty and HDT the lands that Calamity left alone for so long. It's not respectful to target someone for not doing what you want. It's not respectful to force people to do what you want. And "a multi-colored map of us and our allies" sure isn't the same as just "a multi-colored map of anyone that can earn and hold land".

Edit:
    Also, if EQ managed to get 1/2 the map, and holds those lands indefinitely, that's still dominating the map. Just because you arbitrarily choose to control only 1/2 of the map indefinitely, doesn't mean you aren't still doing the exact same thing as Calamity, just on a smaller scale so you can try to avoid the negative PR associated with wanting to control the whole map. Holding 1/2 of the map still isn't sharing, especially when you know the strength of the faction controlling the other 1/2 the map is more than the smaller factions that would like to TW still.