Options
    Nevermind.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ryukage wrote: »
    That opinion is purely subjective. Here's the other side of it: With extremely high soulforce you can easily lose several hundred MP per hit you take end-game. Our MP consumption is already high enough overall that there is going to be a fair number of people who won't want to see it worsen. Charmed or not. I'm one of them.

Aside from that, supportive ability is a factor too. There's no doubt that Sage SoV is the better skill for that purpose. 0 mana drain makes it the best damage reflect in-game, at least out of the ones that can be constantly on. Casting it on a Cata barb in TW is still an funny way to **** off the people who try to drop him, assuming your soulforce is high. Except now it won't take a **** all over his pathetic mp pool.

Nah. In all practicallity, they will be equal at the time you get it at Lv92, but since Sage has the potential to be better later on, Sage wins here. If you could go celestial at say... 50, then that's a time when Demon would be temporarily ahead. But the numbers don't work that way. True, Sage has to wait a while to come out ahead, and even then it's a slight lead. But Demon is never ahead in this skill, so it's hard to say that Sage doesn't have the (eventual) edge for it.

It comes down to luck and this is an issue of preference really. But if we look at it mathematically, Demon is 1.2x as likely to silence while Sage is a bit over 1.66x the seal duration. (Base 3 seconds X 1.66 = 4.98 seconds, but Sage lasts for 5, thus its a tad higher than x1.66). Personally, I like ~1.66 more than 1.2, but that's just me. Either way, this means Sage will have the higher average seal time in combat. So Sage wins here again in terms of numbers. But again, personal preference is exactly that: personal. Some people would prefer the higher chance instead, so I'm not gonna knock the demon version either.

I disagree with you entirely on that ideal. To me, SoR is a survivalist skill, and not a DD skill. Thus which version fits the survival role better? "Only" 1k hp is still 1k more hp that stands between you and the BT-casting Wizard, the Fist-spamming BM, etc, etc.

The demon version only raises the damage you send back, not the damage reduction. You still reduce the damage by 0.5x soulforce either way. Demon just does more damage on the reflection, thus this is a rather moot point to me since the damage my SoR deals was never all that important to me. I'd rather increase my survival chance.

However if you view SoR as a damage skill, then yes your mentality does make sense. Which really reinforces what I was saying about choosing the path that suits how you play.

It doesn't bypass armor and it doesn't ignore PvP reduction like the horridly broken Nix bleed. The only reason Red Tide has the potential to be deadly is because of how high your soulforce can go.

That being said, RT's base damage is nothing to brag about, and bleed isn't reliable mainly due to genies, as you stated. Not to mention, if your soulforce is high enough to make this skill really hurt, 1.2x it may very well be overkill. I'd rather be able to cast it for 1 spark half the time. At least then if the bleed fails, I can still feel like I accomplished something because RT's base damage is good for 1 spark, but **** for 2. If it took 2 sparks and the bleed failed then... well in that case the Demon version would have failed just as bad, so I still gotta give it to Sage.

I agree with you on the notion that knocking off 5 seconds of cooldown won't make a difference really. Mainly because, you're not gonna cast this skill immediately when it cools off, so you'll rarely (if ever) actually notice the difference.

On the other hand, I'd enjoy making my opponent sweat for 2 extra seconds. That's two more seconds the sparked fist BM can't attack me without committing suicide. That's two more seconds the enemy cleric is rendered useless. If you're going to cast soulburn, it's only natural to want the best of it. And that's Sage.

If that's how you feel, then we know what path you need to take. However, my above points remain valid; Sage has the edge even if its small. But a numerical lead doesn't mean a thing compared to personal preference, so as I've said a lot of times, its a judgment call.

The thing is, Sage has more advantages than disadvantages when compared to Demon. Demon Psychic is great at what it does, burst damage; and has slightly better crowd-controlling. But Sage Psychic is better built for virtually all other aspects of play. So it comes down to how you play.

Frankly, 2% crit doesn't do as much for your DPS or your kill potential as many people think it does. (Not gonna touch the debate over whether the crit bonus from both masteries stacks or not. Sure it shows both in the stat menu, but the stat menu also shows the crit arrow glitch, which is known to not work.) Firstly, there's no denying that if both the Sage and the Demon crit, the Sage will inevitably hit higher due to stronger Black Voodoo and higher base damage. It's not a huge lead, but neither is the Demon's chance to crit in the first place.

The exception here is the 20% crit bonus from Demon Tide Spirit and the 50% bonus from Landslide 30% of the time it's used. Personally, I've seen one too many smart opponents to count on Landslide happening often in the first place, let alone the 30% proc on it. As for Demon TS, it is quite awesome. However Sage TS is no slouch either because of the additional near-zero channel duration.

But yeah, the Sage path isn't for everyone. If you're focused on the thrill of the kill, Demon is definitely the way to go. If you're going for the tactical approach, Sage will often be the better choice.

@Hypnos - Sorry I've been kinda lazy on the guide because I've had a lot of other stuff going on lately. Hopefully these tidbits will keep you entertained for now. b:chuckle

I see what you mean, and it has taken me a while to reply to this because i've been thinking, and it HURTS!

anyway, i understand what you are talking about and it's true the 2% doesn't make much of a difference and if i crit as a sage i'll do more damage and a whole lot of points you made that rings true.

but let's go with me being a person who like pvp and tw. what would you recommend? sage or demon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakuba - Harshlands
    Sakuba - Harshlands Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Though that question wasn't meant for me Evga...
    it depends...both has its nice sides to pvp and tw

But if youre gonna be a support psychic i.e. are in the cata squad...go sage.
    AOE purify, soulof vengeance without mana reduction, charm cooldown skills..thats your way to go.
    And everything you gave me...vanished without a trace.

Royal Duelists.

Sakuba...merged together in the shadows with SilentPain, a dark rose was born.
  • jikolucky
    jikolucky Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    nice guide. thank you...
  • Kawailele - Sanctuary
    Kawailele - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    why is the psychic's Red Tide/lv100 2 spark skill weaker the wizzerds?and the aoe rage is smaller..why would they do that?
    what comes up must come down what goes in must come out! b:chuckle b:surprisedb:mischievous
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    why is the psychic's Red Tide/lv100 2 spark skill weaker the wizzerds?and the aoe rage is smaller..why would they do that?

Because Psychics are not Wizards.

Wizards will always be the kings of damage-per-hit (DPH), it's what their class is for. Mostly DPH, with only a few DPS skills.

Psychics are the opposite. We have mostly DPS skills with only a few DPH ones.

Look at Red Tide's total casting time: 3 seconds. Look at the casting times on Wizard ultimates: around 5 seconds. You tell me which one should be weaker.

As for our Lv100 ultimate, the thing is the debuff it has attached to it. It's not a pure damage spell. Granted I don't think anyone will ever care about the debuff as much as the damage output of this skill; but the debuff is there.

Now if you're curious as to why a Lv100 skill is weaker than a comparative Lv59-85 skill... Again, our class isn't the heavy DPH class. We're the DPS glass cannon. Wizards are the well-defended DPHers.

Edit: And the fact that our aoes are always smaller is another balance factor, tbh. Most of our aoe's have fairly short cooldowns, it'd be a bit wrong for us to have a Wizard's hit radius on them.
  • Lokagor - Archosaur
    Lokagor - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ========================Table Of Contents==========================

1. Introduction.
    -General Introduction.
    -What is Psychic?
    -Pros and Cons.

2. Frequently asked questions.
    -Frequently asked questions.

3. Levelling a Psychic.
    -Let's get started!
    -Levelling to 90
    -Equipment for levelling.

4. Stats
    -The basic stats.
    -Advanced stats/Formulas
    -Common Misconceptions.
    -Builds

5. Gearing up
    -Weapons
    --Shards for weapons
    -Equipments
    --Shards for equipments

6. Psychic gameplays- Tips for PvP/TW

7. Skills

8. Final Destination: Heaven or Hell

9.Bonus: Genie Skills and Apoths
    ======================================
    Wall of Texts ahead, use CTRL+F and find keywords.
    Disclaimer: Since I never wrote a guide before and English is also not my first language, I used guide from other class as a layout so similarity to other work is inevitable.

Offline Version (recommended)(*.pdf): Mediafire

lokagor : hi im a physic im new here so can you give me a clue where i lv best for lv 14-16 ? thanks nice to saw you
  • Mr_Anderson - Lost City
    Mr_Anderson - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ryukage wrote: »
    Because Psychics are not Wizards.

Wizards will always be the kings of damage-per-hit (DPH), it's what their class is for. Mostly DPH, with only a few DPS skills.

Psychics are the opposite. We have mostly DPS skills with only a few DPH ones.

Look at Red Tide's total casting time: 3 seconds. Look at the casting times on Wizard ultimates: around 5 seconds. You tell me which one should be weaker.

As for our Lv100 ultimate, the thing is the debuff it has attached to it. It's not a pure damage spell. Granted I don't think anyone will ever care about the debuff as much as the damage output of this skill; but the debuff is there.

Now if you're curious as to why a Lv100 skill is weaker than a comparative Lv59-85 skill... Again, our class isn't the heavy DPH class. We're the DPS glass cannon. Wizards are the well-defended DPHers.

Edit: And the fact that our aoes are always smaller is another balance factor, tbh. Most of our aoe's have fairly short cooldowns, it'd be a bit wrong for us to have a Wizard's hit radius on them.

So does our PvP survival then depend on voodoo heal and dps kiting? Tryin to refine the technique before i get the 39+ skills. Don't give me that "don't pvp at low levels" nonsense. LOL
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So does our PvP survival then depend on voodoo heal and dps kiting? Tryin to refine the technique before i get the 39+ skills. Don't give me that "don't pvp at low levels" nonsense. LOL
    It isn't really that cut and dry. Survival can come down to any of a wide variety of factors. It's more correct to say that your survival strategy needs to change as the fight changes.

It also kinda changes with level, because you start to gain your more PvP oriented skills later, as do your opponents, so yeah... Sorry I can't give you a straight answer.
  • Brishi - Dreamweaver
    Brishi - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    What skills is it that give a psychic more dps then a wiz?

Bc aqua and spirit blast take same time to chanel and cast as wiz pyro and gush.

Redtide cast about 2 sec faster then bids, but they have same coldown on 30 sec.

and sandburst blast take about 1 sec faster fore a psychic to fire then a sandstorm take for a wiz.

So i have a wiz on lvl 73, is it worth to lvl a psychic?
  • CIoudStrife_ - Lost City
    CIoudStrife_ - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Psychics have more DPS than wizzies cause though those skills have the same channeling time, were doing 22% more damage than those wizzies are.
  • Brishi - Dreamweaver
    Brishi - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Psychics have more DPS than wizzies cause though those skills have the same channeling time, were doing 22% more damage than those wizzies are.

If you use dot spells you maybe do more dmg, but with normal spells wiz do more dmg.

And wiz have high chanel time but short cast time, and psychic have short chaneltime but long cast time. So are they not almost the same?

On my wiz i do about 16-18k with my gush pyro combo at lvl 73.

How much do psychic?
    in dmg at lvl 70?
  • Demans - Lost City
    Demans - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    just asking if the build on a psy im making good or not, he is a lv 82 LA psy (no vit of course) and im tryin to mkae him as a tank psy/pvper, atm he has over 4.1k hp, and im planin on makin his hp around 6k by lv 90 (**** love how noncashshopers can make good coin now a daysb:victory), so was thinking if sacrificng some magic for tiny amount of str would be a good idea for one (so i can wear warsong helm for massive hp and 1% crit), if goin full hp shardin better than def shardin overall (i am full hp atm btw...), and also just wondering if anyone knows the tanking cabilities of a psy like the one im tryin to make...like how does it compare to a brab once i have white voodoo on? idk im mostly just rambuling lol
    well when ur LA psy has same wep grade and refine as ur pure AA wiz, hits as high per shot, has faster dps, and has 2x the crit %, time to retire the wiz............

dam op fishy....
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i need to see a geared psy kill all the stabbie fish and bms and mean venos
    pfff none here

nice guide

some passages are surely taken out of Seraphims wizard guide.. i remember something about sparks in TW >_>
    but that was the best guide ever, so why not learn from it :3
    i like potato
  • pauloct
    pauloct Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It is a true that Psychic much die on 90-100 lvl ? if their sharpening will not be +8 +9 b:beg
  • LittIewg - Heavens Tear
    LittIewg - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If you use dot spells you maybe do more dmg, but with normal spells wiz do more dmg.

And wiz have high chanel time but short cast time, and psychic have short chaneltime but long cast time. So are they not almost the same?

On my wiz i do about 16-18k with my gush pyro combo at lvl 73.

How much do psychic?
    in dmg at lvl 70?

Lol just wanted to say ur damage at lvl 73 is nice,But indeed when I was lvl 70 I was hitting just as hard as ur 2 combos if ur saying they only hit 16-18k combined,But all im saying is a wiz can do more damage then a psch or it can be the other way around,I extremely outdamage a wiz freind of mine but i think its because his gear is not very good....And I also have wiz freinds who greatly outdamage me
  • cedricz
    cedricz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hi im from other country i just wanna ask if how do psychic here in PWI got your detection? Just wanna ask only b'coz our patch was incomplete and i dont get a chance to see a stealth assasin when were on duel, b:thanks
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I initially had some trouble downloading the offline version. Once I did get it, I made a google docs link to it which you can access below. Feel free to spread it. I hope it helps others. =D

Perhaps the OP or a mod may add it to the first post. =)

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0BzWJBqePFkraMmI4NDA1MGUtNTc1Yi00NGEzLWEyMGQtMmYzN2RjNGQwNmY0&hl=en
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    @Cedrics: you need to be 20 lvl higher than your sin opponent if I'm not mistaken (I'm away from PW for like 4 months now). to see a sin with same lvl at you, you need detection pot.

@violetvalor: you have my thanks =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cedricz
    cedricz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    thx hpynos. . b:thanks
  • violetvalor
    edited August 2010
    Options
    @violetvalor: you have my thanks =]

You are welcome.

7(^^)7 I <3 the interweb!
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Online/Offline File updated.
    b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • violetvalor
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I tried your google docs link but got this error:
    Sorry, the page (or document) you have requested is not available.

Please check the address and try again.

You might have gotten the link wrong by accident, happened to me too. Anyway, I put it on my google docs too. You are welcome to use the link below:

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0BzWJBqePFkraY2Y5NjcwMGMtZmZhYy00OGVlLThkMWUtMWZlNzQzYzRhY2Qx&hl=en

=)

EDIT: Yay, it works now! =D
  • Nechi - Harshlands
    Nechi - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Very Very nice guide ;) b:cute
  • Mazoku - Raging Tide
    Mazoku - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Hypnos still play?