Old School players vs New School players

Comments

• Cleon - Harshlands
    Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yes, since everyone knows that "the more skilled" are the ones that spend 10 hours in TT/CV/FC (for gear, not experience) and then 10 hours at fishes/3rd/GV and 4 hours of sleep, just so they can reach 100 and get endgame gear. Just look at how awesome Ligiea is.

/sarcasm.

In all seriousness, the game needed to change. People were quitting once they hit 8x or 9x since it took ages to level and only a handful of people are willing to spend that amount of time just to reach a certain status in a game.

What PW did was what was needed but they may have gone a little bit too far with it. I think they should never have changed FC, hyperstones would be all they needed and that way world PvP would still be somewhat alive (like Bloop said, fighting to keep your grinding spot).

Now, PW has a new problem. How do they keep the 100's playing and spending money, because sooner or later people will stop playing since there is nothing new and exciting to achieve. Nirvana failed (easier to grind money in TT and then buy the packs then running endless runs of Nirvana..), so lets see what they add/change to keep their current player base.
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    Wreck - Harshlands Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yes, since everyone knows that "the more skilled" are the ones that spend 10 hours in TT/CV/FC (for gear, not experience) and then 10 hours at fishes/3rd/GV and 4 hours of sleep, just so they can reach 100 and get endgame gear. Just look at how awesome Ligiea is.

/sarcasm.

Hmm, how bout Godsfear, who oracled into his high 70's at the beginning of the server and couldn't even solo one level 50 something EP.

How about Icon who oracled up to 80's and couldn't kill me with his nix cause he set it to attack me and ran away, when I was low 60's.

The leader of BloodCult, can't remember his name, oracled to high 80's and was absolute garbage.

Sophia or something, Mage who oracled to high 70's and who's best PvP strategy was charge chii in SZ, run out to put dragons on me and died before she got it off.

Barbapapa, I dunno WTF he was doing wrong, but he did it REALLY wrong.

HeadTrauma, when he first got GX, spent 5 minutes chasing me in circles while I kited him, waiting for a couple others to show up and drop him. That ****'s pro too.

I can go on and on, but I think I made my point. I dunno WTF point you're trying to prove, but you couldn't be further from wrong. You may wanna talk to some of your Archers though, as bad as you think Ligeia is give me a good excuse for why one of your 99+ Hell archers couldn't kill me and an EP.
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hmm, how bout Godsfear, who oracled into his high 70's at the beginning of the server and couldn't even solo one level 50 something EP.

How about Icon who oracled up to 80's and couldn't kill me with his nix cause he set it to attack me and ran away, when I was low 60's.

The leader of BloodCult, can't remember his name, oracled to high 80's and was absolute garbage.

Sophia or something, Mage who oracled to high 70's and who's best PvP strategy was charge chii in SZ, run out to put dragons on me and died before she got it off.

HeadTrauma, when he first got GX, spent 5 minutes chasing me in circles while I kited him, waiting for a couple others to show up and drop him. That ****'s pro too.

I can go on and on, but I think I made my point. I dunno WTF point you're trying to prove, but you couldn't be further from wrong. You may wanna talk to some of your Archers though, as bad as you think Ligeia is give me a good excuse for why one of your 99+ Hell archers couldn't kill me and an EP.

Why do you talk as if you did any better at pvp then the ppl mentioned above? I agree that Ligeia is far from a bad archer, hes actually one of the best in HL and always was in my book but the way you talk about the ppl u mentioned in your post is as if you did any better then them... Yes all of those whoracled to 90 except from Barbapapa cuz I remember grinding with him and few Crimson members at fishes multiple times, but you say he did sumthing wrong when the only thing he did wrong was choosing sage but still, you arent good enough or at least you havent proved to be good enough to say those players u mentioned were so fail that their chars wanted to auto-delete or sumthing like that cuz everytime I heard about wreck I always remember a barb that keeps buffing Rule34 members and trolling forums, nothing else.
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    When did I ever say I was good? I ****ing hate barb and have since lvl25. The difference between me and them is that I didn't ever do stupid **** like that, I learned my class the way players were supposed to, by playing it. The only reason I made a barb was because that's what my friends needed, and apparently still need; the fact that you, Paigrande, are trying to flame me down is interesting to me. I happen to remember sitting in HH for a week and a half gearing you, your brother and half of the rest of LastStand after your mighty GodsFear rage quit the game, again.

My point is still my point. You cannot argue with it, aside from trying to flame me, so thanks for proving it further, I suppose.
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    When did I ever say I was good? I ****ing hate barb and have since lvl25. The difference between me and them is that I didn't ever do stupid **** like that, I learned my class the way players were supposed to, by playing it. The only reason I made a barb was because that's what my friends needed, and apparently still need; the fact that you, Paigrande, are trying to flame me down is interesting to me. I happen to remember sitting in HH for a week and a half gearing you, your brother and half of the rest of LastStand after your mighty GodsFear rage quit the game, again.

My point is still my point. You cannot argue with it, aside from trying to flame me, so thanks for proving it further, I suppose.

In all honesty, I dont remember you sitting in HH for a week gearing me at all ; If u ask me, I dont remember anytime in this game where sum1else had to farm gear for me except from the GX my barb got. What I do remember in the short space of time me and few LS members spent on Pendulum was Rome helping us with aoe lvling and thats basically all I did while I was in your guild, lvling and nothing else.
    I hav nothing against you or any1 on this forums so if you think I was trying to flame you, u r hugely mistaken. I simply said I didnt like the way you described those players calling them fail and most ppl know not all of them were fail, at least Icon and Barbapapa werent. Anyways, I wont go any further into this.
  • Dark_Fate - Harshlands
    Dark_Fate - Harshlands Posts: 968 Arc User
    edited April 2010

u talk as if u were/are a god of pwi. woot u are the best barb ever. u keep talking about old times everyday which is pretty funny because only few people remember u. and only people of your faction. seems u were not a big deal. for ligeia no one can deny he is one of the best archers of HL. and with his new weapon he is a beast. and HL forum has enough trolls that quit the game already.. Saveless is the only troll needed. sometimes he is an **** but at least he is not boring.
    ah bend yourself before Pai.. he is the forum God
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Okay, since you only read like two words and have a mental break down, let me say it again.

I'm not good.

I hate barb.

The difference between me and those people is I didn't do stupid ****.

Pai: I say barba was bad because he used to use knock back arrow on me aswell as that move speed one in aerial combat.
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    In all honesty, I dont remember you sitting in HH for a week gearing me at all ; If u ask me, I dont remember anytime in this game where sum1else had to farm gear for me except from the GX my barb got. What I do remember in the short space of time me and few LS members spent on Pendulum was Rome helping us with aoe lvling and thats basically all I did while I was in your guild, lvling and nothing else.
    I hav nothing against you or any1 on this forums so if you think I was trying to flame you, u r hugely mistaken. I simply said I didnt like the way you described those players calling them fail and most ppl know not all of them were fail, at least Icon and Barbapapa werent. Anyways, I wont go any further into this.

You just lost all credibility when you said Icon was good.
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Thank you~
  • Dark_Fate - Harshlands
    Dark_Fate - Harshlands Posts: 968 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Okay, since you only read like two words and have a mental break down, let me say it again.

I'm not good.

I hate barb.

The difference between me and those people is I didn't do stupid ****.

Pai: I say barba was bad because he used to use knock back arrow on me aswell as that move speed one in aerial combat.
    as if u could be better in another class? try sins.. no skills needed

Icon had gears and being lvl100 when nearly anyone (me included) was 86 automatically made him dangerous. but Image > Icon as far i know him
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    but Image > Icon as far i know him

And this is why everyone thinks you're stupid. Mana bow was some pro stuff, huh?
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    And this is why everyone thinks you're stupid. Mana bow was some pro stuff, huh?
    Don't knock manabows just because Image used that 69 slingshot until he was like 95.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    edited April 2010

I didnt say Icon was good, there is a difference between saying sum1 doesnt fail and saying hes good.
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Don't knock manabows just because Image used that 69 slingshot until he was like 95.

There's a big difference between an awesome Nirvana bow with one off stat like mana and this ****.

;>
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited April 2010

This posts make no sens, why are you talking about oracles?
    Who cares if they oracled?
    Are you saying that if they didn't oracle they would be better?
    There's no point in really playing when achievements that were reserved for the more skilled can be obtained by any dumb **** with a credit card.

My point is, it takes no skill to grind and farm HH.

ps. why would anyone play a class that they both suck at and hate? That makes no sense either.
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This posts make no sens, why are you talking about oracles?
    Who cares if they oracled?
    Are you saying that if they didn't oracle they would be better?

Are you really that dumb?
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Icon had gears and being lvl100 when nearly anyone (me included) was 86 automatically made him dangerous. but Image > Icon as far i know him

Man, and here i though you were trying to defend your credibility.

If anything Image was one big phail on LC. But that is not something i could even discuss with you as i think you never played LC.
  • Dustins_ALT - Harshlands
    Dustins_ALT - Harshlands Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Everyone on harshlands is a fail, imo. o.o
    pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d5665672759051ef

^ my barbs built, full buff in tiger.b:bye

I'm not going to troll anymore T_T
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Everyone on harshlands is a fail, imo. o.o
    You didn't even pass lvl 70 mark on this server. What can you know?
    Packs World International
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    soudns to me like the OP is just some QQ'er from HL who got pk'd 1 2 many times. I mean how cna u not even mention the legend i'm so offneded man
    b:cry
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • Jannove - Harshlands
    Jannove - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm what you could call a "newage" player i guess. i joined up on this game thanks to friends. i didn't know any better when i chose a server ( i was going for the one with the best ping at that time). after so. i began questing (like any one should do).

i quested my self all the way up to lvl 75+ (with world quest, public quest, BH, and cs). (i didnt learn about cs and bh till lvl 50+) now its not my fault before i began this game the other players (i'm guessing newbies) that they babied all these players with these high experience quests (which about 60% of the games population cant even seem to do properly either now days). the game developers did what the players asked (via either "tickets", "emails", or even the mythical "live chat". now i enjoy every moment i play this game (the friends, the factions, the TW).

BUT not all of us who seem to play this game can afford "Zen/Gold". i my self have been playing for about 6 months now. and only spent about (gonna say a couple hundred). over a 6 month peroid! not unlike some people who have tons of money and dont care what they do with it, cause they personally have too much of it.

it seems like now days tho these "old school" players have all this "money" going into game.
    now dont get me wrong, they could be grinding or doing something else and buying gold with coin.

also, me being a level 87 BM, i know how to do my job, i stun lock as much as possible for
    pk/pvp.
    i've taken several people on b4 and thanks to being a bm with aoe and stun locks i've killed many. (but even others have killed me).

please dont put the 100% blame on us the players. may want to blame the company about babying the newbies who cry too much.
  • ICEsmoke - Harshlands
    ICEsmoke - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i remember the days when there was no Genies xD
    Im about to bust my pole up yo **** hole
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    i remember the days when people put alts(bloodbirds,butterflies) on grind spots to check if kos was grinding thereb:laugh
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Aug 12, 2009
  • ICEsmoke - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    i remember the days when people put alts(bloodbirds,butterflies) on grind spots to check if kos was grinding thereb:laugh

lolz seeing blue names running around in lvl 70-80 places arhaah good times
  • LadyTsukiyo - Harshlands
    LadyTsukiyo - Harshlands Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hmm I guess you could call me a "new generation player" I started playing in Aug 09. However I've tried to level myself by doing cs, quests, and bh. I've only used Hyper Stones twice, didn't like it. Used Oracles 3 times maybe which didn't do much for me. And used a training estorica once or twice. I prefer old school grinding and doing quests than oracles, and hypers. I dunno just makes things more interesting for me.

I have used zen cash before but not on things to help me progress. I've bought packs but only in the hopes of maybe getting a mount or new wings. I've gotten charms because I really really have screwed up my cleric's build pretty badly xD

I have pked before however I don't feel all that comfortable pking because well my build makes me somewhat squishy in some aspects.

So I really don't see how new generation players are a problem. Every generation is going to ***** about the generation after it. It's apart of life. -shrugs-
    "If God gives you lemons, then get a new God"-Powerthirst
  • ICEsmoke - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    i have no problem with this lvl up fast **** out now i just see it as more highs lvl to pk
  • Supablazed - Harshlands
    Supablazed - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i miss the good old days, bloody 8 hours fishing to ding once, in the race to get to 90 first. Mass crash partys coming, massive fights over the ancient wall. id give anything for the game to be like it was.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6247/fishingggg.png

I bet 99% of these second Gen players dont even know what fishing means. b:chuckle

I believe i remeber getting my **** whipped in those fights.heh good times
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soysaucie - Harshlands
    Soysaucie - Harshlands Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited April 2010

i remember the old days where ppl name atls called hh1 hh2 hh3 hhopener1 etc... so they can open hh using mult client ..wall.. fly **** hh with revobot and ppl would swim in west arch triple jumping on mounts .... I HAS A CRAYON
    ]
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    i remember the old days where ppl name atls called hh1 hh2 hh3 hhopener1 etc... so they can open hh using mult client ..wall.. fly **** hh with revobot and ppl would swim in west arch triple jumping on mounts .... I HAS A CRAYON

Yeah good times QQQQ

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/7640/naamloosbk.png
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Soysaucie - Harshlands
    Soysaucie - Harshlands Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ]