who said you need cleric?

Options
13»

Comments

• axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wouldn't that only be half the time though? Or does the speed boost proc coming out of fox form too? Because Barbs can maintain that speed naturally, thus making them faster overall.

*Figures the topic is derailed enough as is so whatever* XD

Its constant; you get the boost each time you press the skill. Since the CD on foxform is 6 seconds, and the buff is 6 seconds, you constantly (or very nearly) run at that speed. Yes, it does proc after coming out of foxform.

I can outrun sage barbs, in any case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I wonder if you know I go out of my way to get Crusade Orders for the very same Orchid Petalis that you're talking about on my Venomancer...

Guess not.

Please just leave this topic. Right now. You are doing yourself no favours and are starting to look like an idiot.

I am not and I am not talking about a Barb vs a Herc now I am talking about how good a Veno can survive against wood mobs.It maybe be possible but not the way you would go about doing it.Orchid Petalis are easy compared to what is in FB69 or have you tried the wood mobs around 1K streams.

The best way a Veno can do FB69 solo is to be a LA werefox Veno as Leech is much better self heal than metabolic boost and werefoxs can do physical damage.This would be more prudent way of doing it.

My Metabolic boost is at lvl 6 and I play the class don't forget.It is even difficult for full squad do a 3x20.It took some cleaver thinking on the Barbs part that did it with me being 80 though and having 3 bms and 2 physics.I ended up bb it although I did die 2 times in there as dark as it is.We accomplish our goal though and when in bb I kept everyone alive they just brought the mobs to me.I kept them all alive and no other class could of done this except a cleric getting this thread a little more on track.That Barb and BM along with those 2 psychics have way more damage power than 1 Veno.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Compelling ode minstrel
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Stuff.

I wasn't either you stupid idiot. Good god this is just getting painful beyond all reason, so I'm going to make it really simple.

1. On my venomancer I have solo'd a good part of FB69, including the wood mobs you keep harping on about. The wood mobs were **** easy.

2. I grind on the "wood mobs outside of Sanctuary" you were talking about, Orchid Petalis AND the giant tree things, whatever their names are. Hexocs of some kind, maybe.

3. If you think it's hard to deal with poison stack as a venomancer you must suck playing a venomancer and I suggest you don't play your veno again. Because seriously you have to fail pretty hard to think being a LA veno would make dealing with poison stack any easer when poison is ELEMENTAL WOOD DAMAGE. Which is why it doesn't hurt the arcane classes unless you let it stack up for HUGE periods of time.

Please just get a clue before you post next time because this BS you're spewing is getting really tiresome to read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • temblance
    temblance Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Misti, no one is saying that clerics suck at wood mobs. We have purify, it's great. Wood poison mobs are our specialty. But hey, venos can fight them too. They have their own methods- genie, pet etc. Yes they are not on the skillbar but both can get the job done. In the end it the wood mobs are dead, no matter who kills them. Whoohoo.

In general:
    People generally agree barbs are the best at aggro control/best at tanking debuff bosses and pets have a special niche in tanking TT bosses due to [?] status. Okay so if you disagree with that you're either coming up with random specific exceptions that are also widely accepted, or you're not thinking properly.

ON TOPIC:
    Yeah, you don't need a cleric. Just get all your people to charm tank bosses! And level up to the point where you can tank the damage! And let me level in peace without being your heal slave b:pleased
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^^Oops that is me, just so people don't use any nameless alt excuses.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^^Oops that is me, just so people don't use any nameless alt excuses.

You faceless alt, you! >:|

Naw, I joke.

Just to make it clear again; I never claimed pets were bad tankers and I do not deny their tanking capability. If I did I would deny the own capacity my veno and her Herc has for tanking, and that would be a stupid thing to do given I solo 99% of my BHs and have my Herc tank them. You know, if I denied pets could tank... I'd be lying to myself. My points about barbs VS pets was that barbs have better aggro control, period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yep, I got your point pretty clear. But all these misunderstandings and random argument switches compelled me to jump in. Such crazy thread derailment b:chuckle
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ... see? clerics are not that important after all

Glad to hear that indeed, now we can focus on DD'ing and AoE grinding: much more fun too, hehe

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Glad to hear that indeed, now we can focus on DD'ing and AoE grinding: much more fun too, hehe

b:chuckle

But I like using BB and check my email. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I wasn't either you stupid idiot. Good god this is just getting painful beyond all reason, so I'm going to make it really simple.

1. On my venomancer I have solo'd a good part of FB69, including the wood mobs you keep harping on about. The wood mobs were **** easy.

2. I grind on the "wood mobs outside of Sanctuary" you were talking about, Orchid Petalis AND the giant tree things, whatever their names are. Hexocs of some kind, maybe.

Yeah.If it is so easy for you then how come we had a hard time with squad of 6?I don't Fail at playing Veno.It it really isn't necessary to go on with name calling either.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • LuVbabe - Dreamweaver
    LuVbabe - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What all this debating about ??

If u guys dun need a cleric in squad then dun ask for a cleric in future that easy LOL