Patch Preview!

Options

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I am really disappointed in vendor save... you really should reconsider this, it is not a good idea. Please do not implement this

Seriously? That's the single least offensive thing added to the game in a year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Psychic 79 skill has the ability to fly 60% faster for 15 second. Totally nullify elf domination for the sky.

Sea creatures flying faster than elves born with wings? Now, this completely baffles me lol. b:scorn
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I am really disappointed in vendor save... you really should reconsider this, it is not a good idea. Please do not implement this

lawl whut? b:chuckle
    I seriosly fail to see in any way this could be a bad thing...
    oh well theres always one *shrugs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    No skills for me yet? I've got good enough weaps as is... QQ

Aneurysmal maybe if you didnt whoracle your way up to 80-90 and hyper up to 100 you wouldnt have this issue with no demon/sage skills. if you got enough money to do that **** to get to 100 make a new class or attempt a try at a warsoul weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • Luciferis - Lost City
    Luciferis - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:victory

Yay for the new weapons! I hope they give us either weapons with Crit or HP addon (psy weaps) **** the channeling b:angry
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    WTB TT daggers with -0.1 interval b:surrender.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    oh, goody gumdrops. just what we *dont* need....another way for foulmouthed players to inflict their verbal vomit on everyone else, and yet another box to clutter the screen.

there is *no* reason to have yet another way for people to yell to the whole game. what we have is bad enough.

Perfect Horn

A new chat option is available, the Perfect Horn! This new type of teleacoustic comes with its own set of emoticons, add a short prefix to your text, and the ability to change the font color. Each broadcast using this new chat consumes 1 Perfect Horn which will be available in the PW Boutique.

We hope you enjoy these upcoming features, and we'll see you in-game!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Morath - Harshlands
    Morath - Harshlands Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the picture of the tideborns faces are different i mean their skin colour does that mean at some point in the game u will be able to change
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

The open of new dungeon and culti quest allow player to switch sage to demon or demon to sage. Except OHT skill, skill that you learn from skill book revert back to normal (L10) mean you need to re-learn all your demon and sage skill should you decide to switch

NO to this, NO NO NO NO , on so many damn levels of no. NO , NO NO .

Ok rage over. But still NO
    This is so stupid, Sage demon is a defining moment for you. Being able to change that at all ruins the significance of that choice.
    Please if any of you Mod or Gms read this, Please let the Developers know that making it even remotely possible to change Demon / Sage is just a bad Idea . So so bad.. b:surrender
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The shop thing seems somewhat useful. Not a big deal either way, unless your connection is bad enough that you're disconnecting on a regular basis.

Perfect Horn... oh dear. Changing colors could get very annoying, very fast. I also can't help but feel this is a response to declining teleacoustic sales caused by Tokens of Luck.

New TT weapons for Tideborn, eh. We all knew it was coming. Having an alternative to just going 69 mold -> 74 mold -> 80 mold -> FC will be nice though.

As for the Demon/Sage change, I don't see what the big deal is, as long as there's some cost associated. After all, you're losing a significant investment of time, money, and effort if you've acquired any level 11 skills.

What I'm wondering is what the stats on the FB69 Trophy Mode capes are, and whether or not they can be traded normally or through the account stash.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Aneurysmal maybe if you didnt whoracle your way up to 80-90 and hyper up to 100 you wouldnt have this issue with no demon/sage skills. if you got enough money to do that **** to get to 100 make a new class or attempt a try at a warsoul weapon.

Sorry that I've played either longer, more hours, or more efficiently than you have and managed to stockpile enough to make a new character TW ready in 2 months. I guess? I should be so ashamed that after taking an entire account's worth of characters to 80+ I wanted to do one fast for my guild's benefit and to utilize the new functionality. I got beat to 100 by several other tideborns that didn't oracle, so, yeah... umm, b:chuckle
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Aneurysmal we know thats a lie the ones in tao and enrage that are already 100 most of them have oracled/hypered or share an account...dont lie to people on forums saying you didnt it takes more than 2 months to hit level 100. because unlike some ppl in this game who spend there fortunes on gear other have lives.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Umm, those sin/psy in the pic seem to have different skin color than the original.
    Does that mean the face color glitch for tb will be fixed in this patch? b:surrender
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    how about a list of those TT mats req for 70 and 80? some of us would like to be able to get them while 2x is still on and have been awaiting tt70 weapons for a while now.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Please, make it on the common chat or a separated tab, since the horrid preview extra window that came in a few patches ago got me killed more than once for getting in my way.

Apart from that, the kitty option FTW!

P.D.: Aadi, Guess who is back?
    it will be that 3rd window and we'll all have one more thing to hate.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Beta test for new skills open today in CN PWI. Sage version much better than demon one but this may change since it still in beta. Hopefully soon.

The open of new dungeon and culti quest allow player to switch sage to demon or demon to sage. Except OHT skill, skill that you learn from skill book revert back to normal (L10) mean you need to re-learn all your demon and sage skill should you decide to switch

Psychic 79 skill has the ability to fly 60% faster for 15 second. Totally nullify elf domination for the sky.

PS. Sage force stealth cool down reduce 15 second.

PS. There is a talk that the developer in CN wanting to change demon spark (attack rate and damage). This will affect a lot of BM wished to go fist/claw. So I sent a note to the developer warning them the potential of losing player base in US PWI if the change reaches us but the GM here will need to do their job too.

I believe that everything you said is true, but do you happen to have any source or anything? And also, when these things are expected to come here?
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the picture of the tideborns faces are different i mean their skin colour does that mean at some point in the game u will be able to change
    Umm, those sin/psy in the pic seem to have different skin color than the original.
    Does that mean the face color glitch for tb will be fixed in this patch? b:surrender

Its a VGA glitch that appear on some VGA cards . . actually everyone should be able to change tideborn colors.
    And on the screenshot they has different color probably because the pc where they played don't have these glitch problem.
    They say . . they will fix it soon . . and in progress ? Believe it ?
    I believe that everything you said is true, but do you happen to have any source or anything? And also, when these things are expected to come here?
    Hm isn't she already tell the source ?
    Beta test for new skills open today in CN PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hm isn't she already tell the source ?

More like, any more info (in Chinese ofc) what is on beta now?
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Beta test for new skills open today in CN PWI. Sage version much better than demon one but this may change since it still in beta. Hopefully soon.

PS. Sage force stealth cool down reduce 15 second.

PS. There is a talk that the developer in CN wanting to change demon spark (attack rate and damage). This will affect a lot of BM wished to go fist/claw. So I sent a note to the developer warning them the potential of losing player base in US PWI if the change reaches us but the GM here will need to do their job too.

Heard anything about the other rumour ?
    ( and yes its only a rumour so take it with a pinch of salt )

And that rumour being they are thinking of making it so Archers cannot use fist/claws
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Heard anything about the other rumour ?
    ( and yes its only a rumour so take it with a pinch of salt )

And that rumour being they are thinking of making it so Archers cannot use fist/claws

So making fists BM-exclusive? Could be, but I guess if the daggers were for archers too, it wouldn't matter.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Without more information, it seems possible that this is just something added temporarily during the beta test to make it easier for people to experiment.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    But now ary can't tease us b:sad

That is what you think now. b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Oh and I forgot this Patch Preview note:

Grey Haired Man NPC now correctly appears in Lunar Glade.

Note: This is for the upcoming patch
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Oh and I forgot this Patch Preview note:

Grey Haired Man NPC now correctly appears in Lunar Glade.

Note: This is for the upcoming patch

Frankie, I used that instant teleport item to that NPC before this fix and obviously he wasn't there for the quest to be obtained.

Is there anyway for me to either get another of these teleport items to him or will he be accessuble during a regular Lunar Solo mode run?

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yay TT weapons... but no 79/100/sage/demon skills yet? blah
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sorry that I've played either longer, more hours, or more efficiently than you have and managed to stockpile enough to make a new character TW ready in 2 months. I guess? I should be so ashamed that after taking an entire account's worth of characters to 80+ I wanted to do one fast for my guild's benefit and to utilize the new functionality. I got beat to 100 by several other tideborns that didn't oracle, so, yeah... umm, b:chuckle
    Aneurysmal we know thats a lie the ones in tao and enrage that are already 100 most of them have oracled/hypered or share an account...dont lie to people on forums saying you didnt it takes more than 2 months to hit level 100. because unlike some ppl in this game who spend there fortunes on gear other have lives.

If you noticed I didn't say anything about them using hyper, and admitted I oracled and hypered. If you want the specifics on me, I oracled to 85 (except for cultivations) leveled normally from 85-92 before hyper was released, then did a combination of rebirth and hypering to hit 100. And I said make a character TW ready in 2 months, which it was at level 90, 100 is the 2 months since, and yes, hyper. I'm saying you're an idiot for whining and complaining that somebody who's been playing since DAY 1 of the server and has multiple other 80+ and 90+ characters didn't care to level slowly again. I wanted something new and unique and so far it is a new/unique experience compared to all the other classes. Now QQ about me somewhere else or spend less time on the forums and more time playing so you too can afford to attain a higher level of play.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    A note about this Sage/Demon switch. If it is going to be put in game, it should have a time limit (that you can remove should you change your mind). Of course to protect players against hackers who may decide to mess with the person by switching their Sage/Demon and making them lose skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Frankie, I used that instant teleport item to that NPC before this fix and obviously he wasn't there for the quest to be obtained.

Is there anyway for me to either get another of these teleport items to him or will he be accessuble during a regular Lunar Solo mode run?

Regards.

Hi Chillum, please submit a ticket to Customer Service, as they can assist you with this.

http://support.perfectworld.com/
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Does anyone know where we can find a page describing the new tideborn skills that are being beta tested (or a page with more information)? If demon spark changes I'm going to laugh real hard at all those diehard demon fans.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hi Chillum, please submit a ticket to Customer Service, as they can assist you with this.

http://support.perfectworld.com/

Frankie, i submitted a ticket & they sent me the item. but when you take the item out of the mail, it completely dissappears. I resubmitted my ticket & they said they had to send that to the developement department... I have been having this issue for months & it seems they are unable to send me a new item, that i can actually remove from the mail.