Top 10 Guild in Sanctuary!!!

Comments

• Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    An intriguing thought crossed my mind this morning, as I now look at some of the turmoil the bigger factions in this server are facing at the moment. What constitutes a faction as being one of the best?

Some powerful factions have come and gone in the history of this server. Seppuku, Ravenous, Steel, Rebirth... the list goes on I am sure. Looking at things now, only a few of the original TW factions remain active and still a part of the TW "scene".

In my eyes, a strong faction is one that is able to overcome adversity and continue to go on, even if they must remain in a weakened state. From personal experience, Legendary has seen several highs and lows, but even today continues to hang in there despite the fact that we have been removed from the map by an unrelenting Nefarious.

I can imagine that Regicide, Outlaw, Amplified (are you still hanging in there Deceptistar?), Enelysion and RedRaidrs have all experienced or are experiencing hard times now because of the plasticity of this gaming experience.

In my eyes it is the ability to keep going, to never give in, that makes a faction strong. I muse now as to whether or not Nefarious would be able to do the same should they be put into shoes other than their own. What is it that unites Nefarious and allows them to prevail over the current opposing factions? What happens if this "factor" is removed, does Nefarious topple completely? Or do they rebuild as so many of us have had to do?

I read a thread on the Nefarious forums in which members gloated to Sasaki that they have finally defeated Legendary. But even now Legendary continues to rebuild itself, getting all the essential pieces back together to build a strong faction once again. So have they defeated all? Or have they merely temporarily removed us?

Anyway, I guess my point is that there are a lot of strong factions out there. That a complete domination from my perspective is possible with the proper resources (people, money, land, several elements) and has granted one faction a fortuitous longevity. Being the best is one thing, but the ability to survive and stay strong in the face of surmounting adversities is a faction strength highly commendable in my eyes.

Vibrant and determined leaders, loyal members who endure it all, good sportsmanship, the ability to adapt and learn... to strive to improve one's faction. Selflessness. All of these are qualities which I see in some of the "stronger" factions of this server.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I can imagine that Regicide, Outlaw, Amplified (are you still hanging in there Deceptistar?), Enelysion and RedRaidrs have all experienced or are experiencing hard times now because of the plasticity of this gaming experience.
    barely but hanging there and regrowing some fingernails rofl :P im not about to give up 1+years of effort put in

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all."-Dale Carnegie

BTW nicely summed up strife lol

My vote would go for the factions that are present, hanging on, but also not completely dead and given up. (whether our fac is included doesnt matter) I give credit to those facs cause from oct 2008 there has been many MANY factions that came and went, some slowly some fast, but they all gave up and died. Some might get lucky and rise fast, but luck itself wont last long. So when it topples, is when pple see if that faction is really strong or not. As for nef personally, i think they will still stand if sh*t hits the fan.

............I miss all the old factions ;( only nef, LG, outlaw, regicide, amplified, shockwave is the remaining oldies...........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    barely but hanging there and regrowing some fingernails rofl :P im not about to give up 1+years of effort put in

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all."-Dale Carnegie

Good to hear =)

I have to give credit to Enelysion. I consider them to be a newer faction... and one of the three or four regular newer factions that used to regularly attack Legendary back in the day. Between Crucibles, Psychotic, Liquid, Audeamus, and Enelysion, I would have to say Enelysion is the one really hanging in there. Kudos on that.

In fact kudos to all factions still hanging in there. Except Nef. b:cute

Definitely not easy trying to keep a faction together, especially one that's dealing with hard times :/
  • _Sheh - Sanctuary
    _Sheh - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Real Life > Game Life. People should learn to get their priorities straight. =p
  • Fransica - Sanctuary
    Fransica - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i feel this is a very unclear thread. As many have stated above me how is list decided? some factions are small but can handle what they need and have no concern for land ever does that exclude them from the list of top ten then ? If so not really a fair list in my opinion since i am the leader of one of those small factions that have no interest in land but we can get what we need done
  • SarahC - Sanctuary
    SarahC - Sanctuary Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I have to give credit to Enelysion. I consider them to be a newer faction... and one of the three or four regular newer factions that used to regularly attack Legendary back in the day. Between Crucibles, Psychotic, Liquid, Audeamus, and Enelysion, I would have to say Enelysion is the one really hanging in there. Kudos on that.

awhh Strifey b:cute

I miss Nemesis, only faction besides enely that felt like a home, well at least to me, possibly because I moved to egofail Steel after that, but whatevs. Steel was fun too :P
    "Anyone wanna doing cube atm?" - Aya
    "I click Release Corpse and it tells me I can't perform this action while dead." -Saveless
    Enelysionb:cute
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    awhh Strifey b:cute

I miss Nemesis, only faction besides enely that felt like a home, well at least to me, possibly because I moved to egofail Steel after that, but whatevs. Steel was fun too :P

Steel was the period in server history where pk was at its best... in my eyes b:laugh
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I muse now as to whether or not Nefarious would be able to do the same should they be put into shoes other than their own. What is it that unites Nefarious and allows them to prevail over the current opposing factions? What happens if this "factor" is removed, does Nefarious topple completely? Or do they rebuild as so many of us have had to do?

This part made no sense to me since so many of the people you are asking about are the same people who left those other factions as they disappeared. In fact, for some of the factions, the departures to Nef were the very adversity you are talking about.

The more I think about this, the more I'm convinced that the only way to judge a faction is actually by its current membership and what they can do. As much as I enjoyed some of the history, how a given faction came to be the set of people it is today is an academic interest. It is perhaps interesting to ask what they did or what they had to overcome if you want to emulate them or avoid making the same mistakes, but longevity alone is not a mark of achievement when the membership has morphed so much that it is effectively a different faction with the same name (and possibly nothing more in common than that). Since none of us can realistically evaluate any faction we are not in for anything other than TW success, I guess that has to be the standard. Obviously, that isn't what all (or likely most) people want out of a faction, but it is the only subjective-seeming criteria we have. So, recognizing vintages of factions and that a lot has changed over time, and that TW isn't everything, blah, blah, blah... here is a list finally for common disagreement:

1. Nefarious (the ever-changing red blob over time)
    2. Legendary at their peak
    3. Seppuku? (maybe I have the name wrong - whoever had the top left corner back in the day and scared the bodily fluids out of Nef until they got boxed in)
    4. Outlaw version 1 - the vintage that won the bottom of the map and made a run at Dreamweaver
    5. Shockwave at their peak
    6. Regicide lately (not sure if their peak was a month ago or is yet to come)
    7. Steel/NWO (I know it was not technically the same faction, but the core of what NWO was seemed to go into Steel - so much hate and so much fun)
    8. Rebirth (I can't remember if it was Rebirth or its predecessor FTW that had the shocking 3-hour TW with Nef, but they burned bright before they flamed out.)
    9. Enelysion recently
    10. Outlaw recently (I'm least sure of this one. It could be Red Raiders or Legendary recently. We will see now that some roles have been reversed.)

Let the criticism and drama flow....
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i feel this is a very unclear thread. As many have stated above me how is list decided? some factions are small but can handle what they need and have no concern for land ever does that exclude them from the list of top ten then ? If so not really a fair list in my opinion since i am the leader of one of those small factions that have no interest in land but we can get what we need done

Start a new thread for small factions that don't care about TW.

It's not like they give Academy Awards to the kids that star in cereal commercials. b:pleased

/joking, don't take it too srsly ;p
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Aliure - Sanctuary
    Aliure - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This part made no sense to me since so many of the people you are asking about are the same people who left those other factions as they disappeared. In fact, for some of the factions, the departures to Nef were the very adversity you are talking about.

The more I think about this, the more I'm convinced that the only way to judge a faction is actually by its current membership and what they can do. As much as I enjoyed some of the history, how a given faction came to be the set of people it is today is an academic interest. It is perhaps interesting to ask what they did or what they had to overcome if you want to emulate them or avoid making the same mistakes, but longevity alone is not a mark of achievement when the membership has morphed so much that it is effectively a different faction with the same name (and possibly nothing more in common than that). Since none of us can realistically evaluate any faction we are not in for anything other than TW success, I guess that has to be the standard. Obviously, that isn't what all (or likely most) people want out of a faction, but it is the only subjective-seeming criteria we have. So, recognizing vintages of factions and that a lot has changed over time, and that TW isn't everything, blah, blah, blah... here is a list finally for common disagreement:

1. Nefarious (the ever-changing red blob over time)
    2. Legendary at their peak
    3. Seppuku? (maybe I have the name wrong - whoever had the top left corner back in the day and scared the bodily fluids out of Nef until they got boxed in)
    4. Outlaw version 1 - the vintage that won the bottom of the map and made a run at Dreamweaver
    5. Shockwave at their peak
    6. Regicide lately (not sure if their peak was a month ago or is yet to come)
    7. Steel/NWO (I know it was not technically the same faction, but the core of what NWO was seemed to go into Steel - so much hate and so much fun)
    8. Rebirth (I can't remember if it was Rebirth or its predecessor FTW that had the shocking 3-hour TW with Nef, but they burned bright before they flamed out.)
    9. Enelysion recently
    10. Outlaw recently (I'm least sure of this one. It could be Red Raiders or Legendary recently. We will see now that some roles have been reversed.)

This post reminded me of how much more exciting TW used to be. D:
    "There is nothing worth your complete trust in this world other than yourself. The moment you lean on someone, you'll lose the strength to remain standing and when that person leaves, you'll end up hitting the ground."
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    My "what if" was only whether or not Nefarious would remain united if they did not own the whole map. If they were put in the situation of Legendary or something. Just a musing, I am not really big on delving into "what if" questions xD
    edited March 2010
    personally i cant include steel and nemesis in my list. For those who where there they were 2 of the famous for "growing fast and crumbling fast" and heard alot of drama occur just in the first month of growing, and dispersed after just a few consecutive TW losses. Did nemesis even last 2 months?

seppuku was like........wow. much respect to nishtara i remember sending a letter of grats on their low man TW vs shockwave.......wanted to join them but their requisite was SO high! lv60! b:chuckle their early legend...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIooxruUR08

too much memories b:cry
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Wasn't Regicide's high point the night I ragequit? b:laugh

imo Legendary in the summer of 2009 was the greatest faction this server has seen, at least in my time here (jan 09 and counting)... I assume much in making such a statement, but it was a different game back then. Genie's were still being figured out (pre-massive overhaul update), there was no such thing as a zomgluck$$$ pack... it was an amazing community of established and up-and-coming 90+ players. The TW's with Nefarious could go either way, definitely the best TWs I ever participated in.

LG4EVER
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
    edited March 2010
    Wasn't Regicide's high point the night I ragequit? b:laugh

imo Legendary in the summer of 2009 was the greatest faction this server has seen, at least in my time here (jan 09 and counting)... I assume much in making such a statement, but it was a different game back then. Genie's were still being figured out (pre-massive overhaul update), there was no such thing as a zomgluck$$$ pack... it was an amazing community of established and up-and-coming 90+ players. The TW's with Nefarious could go either way, definitely the best TWs I ever participated in.

LG4EVER
    you can go back to this amazing community by starting to shard 'beautiful' citrine and garnets to start off with?b:chuckle back then beautiful shards were like the WOWz b:dirty
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010

That would be ShockWave only it was with Legendary maybe Nef. as well.I would mention The Blades they are an up and comer as they have taken on Nef.I do agree with what Sunurae as said.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    LOL , Ast's wing feathers fit perfectly in that photo b:laugh .

Wait , wait wha,wha,what??? There was a topless glitch ?????? How could I miss that .......

**** yeah b:dirty

i think it came about after you quit b:beatenup
    with certain pieces of fashion you are nekkid under water or looking behind the cubes in TT1-2/1-3

you were also bald at the same time tho, i think they fixed it after Tideborn expansion.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited March 2010
    what misti said. i dont remember rebirth doing any major memorably long TWs.........that and rebirth dont have a predecessor, they merged into lg and some regi
  • _Sheh - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    what misti said. i dont remember rebirth doing any major memorably long TWs.........that and rebirth dont have a predecessor, they merged into lg and some regi

We beat Steel with our Crystal being 100% after the 3hrs, and Steel's Crystal below 40% (<3 oKidBully and Kejoke xD. That was still a sick as hell rush down C Lane.) when Steel was still at their peak. Our first TW vs Nefarious was after we beat NWO, which lasted almost (or over?) 2hrs at the time. That was the same week we merged with Hybrid. After that, Steel eventually got formed (which resulted in plenty of fun PK for us and Legendary xD), and then Outlaw fell soon after. Just before I quit the game (real life > game life) Nefarious attacked us to take our final land down South West somewhere, and we lasted almost 2hrs then as well. That was probably our peak (<3 Silvercut and Justicebolt xD. We cut through their squishies so easy back then =p). The only reason we lost, was due to my poor planning. We had plenty of 90+ at that time, and we could've probably lasted the whole 3hrs, but I never planned TW strategies, or anything, we just ran in, killed people, and win or lose whatever lol. Sorry again for that Rebirth <3 After that, though, I don't know what happened.

Just thought I'd clear a couple things up. b:cute
  • Nadis - Sanctuary
    Nadis - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Asch you nub, no hello to an old friend ? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    We beat Steel with our Crystal being 100% after the 3hrs, and Steel's Crystal below 40% (<3 oKidBully and Kejoke xD. That was still a sick as hell rush down C Lane.) when Steel was still at their peak. Our first TW vs Nefarious was after we beat NWO, which lasted almost (or over?) 2hrs at the time. That was the same week we merged with Hybrid. After that, Steel eventually got formed (which resulted in plenty of fun PK for us and Legendary xD), and then Outlaw fell soon after. Just before I quit the game (real life > game life) Nefarious attacked us to take our final land down South West somewhere, and we lasted almost 2hrs then as well. That was probably our peak (<3 Silvercut and Justicebolt xD. We cut through their squishies so easy back then =p). The only reason we lost, was due to my poor planning. We had plenty of 90+ at that time, and we could've probably lasted the whole 3hrs, but I never planned TW strategies, or anything, we just ran in, killed people, and win or lose whatever lol. Sorry again for that Rebirth <3 After that, though, I don't know what happened.

Just thought I'd clear a couple things up. b:cute
    what made it deteriorate to the point of being swallowed up by a merger?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    didn't xAsch just...had to leave?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • _Sheh - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Asch you nub, no hello to an old friend ? b:bye

ladies first. =p

I wasn't around, so I'm unaware of exactly what happened. I guess you could ask Tengellion if he still plays (I think he took lead after Yz left?)
    didn't xAsch just...had to leave?

I did, yeah. Real life problems with family and everything. b:shutup
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited March 2010

It is the other way around. Rebirth was the product of several factions and a series of mergers that happened to bring together several big groups of PvPers. Rebirth was a merger of Hybrid and a core group xAsch brought from his previous faction (I forget the name). Hybrid had just merged with FTW a couple weeks before. Unlike so many attempts to do this on purpose, these mergers all seemed to funnel like-minded people together.

By the way, xAsch is selling himself a bit short. Yes, there was no strategy other than "Which lane are we rushing?" but they were quick to adapt on the fly (which passes for tactics).

The end of Rebirth actually had nothing to do with mergers. xAsch disappeared suddenly and unexpectedly, there was no TW for a month because there was no leader on to bid, and that PVP-focused group all went looking for factions that were doing TW. The leadership gap made this a disorganized drifting away (to Nef, Leg, and Regi mostly). By the time leadership was restored enough for a TW bid again, Rebirth could only field about 50-60 people and few if any of those were the PvP die-hards.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I remember a faction named DarkFate?
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • Nadis - Sanctuary
    Nadis - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ladies first. =p

pfft, I'm as far as you can get from being a lady lol

Soviet members -> Darkfate -> Darkfate+hybird = rebirth
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2010

If I'm not mistaken, many attempts from Hybrid 3 hours TWs against NWO were not successful, they eventually sought out to merge with DarkFate to become "Rebirth"

The week after "Rebirth" become established, they wiped NWO off the map as you can see from the screenshot below, the same week Ravenous was wiped off the map. I think 1 week after "Rebirth" and Regicide was wiped off again, Steel managed to 1v1 Outlaw. And the following week Outlaw lost 3 lands to a triple gank. :S

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv50/dan_912/TW3-5-2009.jpg

I think I'm going to make a slide show out of these eventually xD
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If I'm not mistaken, many attempts from Hybrid 3 hours TWs against NWO were not successful, they eventually sought out to merge with DarkFate to become "Rebirth"

One was successful but they lost the following week's TW so lost the land iirc (bad memory). Also, throw in FTW in the merges somewhere. Thats where that ClericRanger (rofl) came from.

Oh yea. See if you see yourself. 2009-02-2023-06-24.jpg b:kiss
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I honestly believed "Rebirth" was able to go head to head against Nef right before xAsch left because a lot of Steel members joined up after their defeat vs. "Rebirth". Too bad Asch had to leave so suddenly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    I see momopai in that rebirth dogpile xD
  • Hitori_Hanso - Sanctuary
    Hitori_Hanso - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    For some reason people don't remember Ravenous as well as I do... I've been playing almost as long as the server has been up and Ravenous was one of the best community based factions on Sanctuary. Of course I'm biased because I was in it, but still. We got 3 lands in 3 weeks after The9Kings and KnightZ merged together. We even lasted against Outlaw for the full 3hr TW's, neither side could beat the other and they were always great fights. Unfortunately though after the world knew our name Nefarious and Legendary quickly made their moves to wipe out the threat. To this day it is probably the best faction I was in. And if you are questioning my level, I quit for several months and I am a notoriously slow leveler because I rather enjoy the community of the game rather then flying out and screaming "OMG I KILLED MOBS FOR 3HRS AND GOT 10%!!!" Anyways, that's my few cents on the matter, Ravenous was the best faction I have been in and only crumbled due to drama in faction, NOT because we lost our land.