Make Siren Kiss a continuous skill

Options
samasalao
samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Suggestion Box
As it is right now the skill is nearly useless (it has small uses in aoe grinding but thats all), please change it so the skill continuously hit close range targets until canceled or esc is pressed, and can be casted without a target.
Post edited by samasalao on

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Um, Heaven's Wrath and Regeneration Aura?

Clerics are the only class that has TWO continuous AoEs, you know. Take Archers, for example. We get Barrage, which stops as soon as the target mob dies, which kinda makes it useless.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ._. sirens is fine as it is. Clerics weren't meant to be DD, u're not supposed to have continuous AOE. Razors & siren are enough for aoe dmg.
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Olba missed the goal by a mile.

Heavens Wrath, Red Bubble and Regeneration Aura, Blue Bubble are more aoe buffs that doesn't cause damage.

Also, Sirens Kiss demands a spark and thus cannot be executed in a chain, which he meant. Right now clerics have all 3 aoe attacks, Razor Feathers, which is fine as it is, Sirens Kiss, which demands a spark and thus nerfing it greatly and Tempest which requires 2 sparks.

The cool down on Razor Feathers is WAAAAY too long to be of any real use against multiple mobs, if you're alone. Sirens Kiss would greatly fill in the gap, if it didn't demand a spark.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Olba missed the goal by a mile.

Heavens Wrath, Red Bubble and Regeneration Aura, Blue Bubble are more aoe buffs that doesn't cause damage.

Also, Sirens Kiss demands a spark and thus cannot be executed in a chain, which he meant. Right now clerics have all 3 aoe attacks, Razor Feathers, which is fine as it is, Sirens Kiss, which demands a spark and thus nerfing it greatly and Tempest which requires 2 sparks.

The cool down on Razor Feathers is WAAAAY too long to be of any real use against multiple mobs, if you're alone. Sirens Kiss would greatly fill in the gap, if it didn't demand a spark.

Um, high elemental AoE kinda screams a highly specified AoE grinding to me.

Be glad that you can even do that at all.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sure, why don't we give barbs, BM's, psy's, and sin's a contiunues AoE skill while we're at it?

Seriusly, no. Cleric's are not DD's, and zhen skils are the cream the la cream in DD. And thus a job for the real DD's (wiz and archer)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ._. sirens is fine as it is. Clerics weren't meant to be DD, u're not supposed to have continuous AOE. Razors & siren are enough for aoe dmg.

me thought blue bubble and red bubble both be continuous and aoe.
    xD
    Sure, why don't we give barbs, BM's, psy's, and sin's a contiunues AoE skill while we're at it?

Seriusly, no. Cleric's are not DD's, and zhen skils are the cream the la cream in DD. And thus a job for the real DD's (wiz and archer)

can we also make all 3 wizard ultis continuous?
    b:laugh
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Lets make parasitic nova continuous as well. Perma-seal anyone?
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @Olba

Right now grinding is something that majority of the people concider a waste of time and I agree.

What I am saying is that taking off the spark requirement off Sirens Kiss, it would make it actually useful. Right now it just sits there collecting dust since I much rather use Tempest, or double spark, than spend 1 spark on a skill that ain't THAT useful for my class to begin with.

Right now, Sirens Kiss is frankly quite useless and very, very, very rarely do I see it performed by others either.
  • Lyonna_S - Sanctuary
    Lyonna_S - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If that happen cleric will be over powered .__.

that will make the game no fun anymore -__-'

they already great with their sleep thingy, debuff and heal on PK mode...+their 2 shell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

O_O pm me on game or whateva u know u can talk to me if u need me for something...just dont yell/command/mock me everything will be ok
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @Olba

Right now grinding is something that majority of the people concider a waste of time and I agree.

What I am saying is that taking off the spark requirement off Sirens Kiss, it would make it actually useful. Right now it just sits there collecting dust since I much rather use Tempest, or double spark, than spend 1 spark on a skill that ain't THAT useful for my class to begin with.

Right now, Sirens Kiss is frankly quite useless and very, very, very rarely do I see it performed by others either.

If grinding is so useless, why would you want to change a skill that is used mostly for grinding? After all, in any squad, Clerics are healers, not DDs.

And look at the level 11 Siren's Kiss. That's 5,800 damage with a 12m AoE. Now go look at the life of the spiders up in Avalanche. Use basic math to realize how powerful that skill is.

And btw, Sage Siren's Kiss has a chance to cast without consuming said spark.

• VILKASS - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    And btw, Sage Siren's Kiss has a chance to cast without consuming said spark.
    b:surrender b:cry It says 50%, but I swear.... it's like 5%. When I use mine it very rarely casts without a spark. Faster cooldown would be sooo much nicer.
  • Maddieson - Sanctuary
    Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You dont seem to understand. As a cleric, yes, you get in to a lot of BH's, TT's, etc, but you also need to solo quests. It's hard, ecspecailly when you drag more than two or three mobs. If Siren's Kiss was constant, it may prevent some damage or even death.
    It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You dont seem to understand. As a cleric, yes, you get in to a lot of BH's, TT's, etc, but you also need to solo quests. It's hard, ecspecailly when you drag more than two or three mobs. If Siren's Kiss was constant, it may prevent some damage or even death.

You don't actually think a wiz uses dragon's breath for solo grinding do you? The only way you can discribe that is suicide. Same for archers in a lesser extend, and it will be the same for clerics.

No, ther is no use for a zhen skil in solo grinding anyway, unles you'd be able to stand there and take the hits from 5+ mobs
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Read what Maddieson and Sirrobert wrote.

Combined they pretty much state that Sirens Kiss would be a nice way to help DD unfortunate pulling in TT in some cases. (Such as being an extra cleric, or a herc is tanking, but still need to clear some fairly easy mobs)

On the otherhand if a cleric did use Sirens Kiss for grinding, as Sirrobert stated it would be pretty much suicide.

The devs went over their way to give clerics an AOE skill, which at the moment is useless, since it requires a spark. Is it really too much to ask for skills to be useful?

Also, pretty much any other DD class has AOE skills that deal WAY more than the said 5,8k damage, so it's not like it'd overpower clerics.
  • darkerhumor2010
    darkerhumor2010 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't know about making Siren continuous but i do agree that cleric needs at least another good nuke (similar to wield thunder). Chi-less if possible.

There's a dfference between "not being a DD class" and lacking enough firepower to keep up in pvp and pve.
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The devs went over their way to give clerics an AOE skill, which at the moment is useless, since it requires a spark. Is it really too much to ask for skills to be useful?
    I find siren very useful & use it a lot.
    There's a dfference between "not being a DD class" and lacking enough firepower to keep up in pvp and pve.
    o.o my cleric never had trouble lacking firepower in pve... duno what u're on about... go grind on poison mobs... tempest+razorsx2maybe=over 20 dead mobs. No other class can grind on those mobs cause they die in seconds from stacked poison. The skills I had were always enough in pve.

& in pvp... well I just suck at that, so no comment.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't know about making Siren continuous but i do agree that cleric needs at least another good nuke (similar to wield thunder). Chi-less if possible.

Being a DD means you have enough firepower to keep up -_-'
    If you don't have it, you're either a fail DD or no DD at all.

Cleric is a healer people. Be glad clerics in PWI have some good (verry good I must say) DD skils, cause there are games where they don't have any at all. But those DD skils don't make them a full DD
  • darkerhumor2010
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Being a DD means you have enough firepower to keep up -_-'
    If you don't have it, you're either a fail DD or no DD at all.

Cleric is a healer people. Be glad clerics in PWI have some good (verry good I must say) DD skils, cause there are games where they don't have any at all. But those DD skils don't make them a full DD

The clerics in this game are not bad but let's face it, if you are "the support class" and you get the smallest amount of damage skills in the game, those few skills you get better pay out. Considering Siren, the thunderball and the "dreaded" lvl 100 skill Elven Boon that does basic dam. + 100% weapon dam. + 1111 (LOL) damage, I still think the cleric needs a little boost in this department.
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The clerics in this game are not bad but let's face it, if you are "the support class" and you get the smallest amount of damage skills in the game, those few skills you get better pay out. Considering Siren, the thunderball and the "dreaded" lvl 100 skill Elven Boon that does basic dam. + 100% weapon dam. + 1111 (LOL) damage, I still think the cleric needs a little boost in this department.
    Um... where did plume shot, wield thunder, tempest, cyclone, razor feathers go? + Along with a tons of buffs that increase your atk power & survivability
  • darkerhumor2010
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Um... where did plume shot, wield thunder, tempest, cyclone, razor feathers go? + Along with a tons of buffs that increase your atk power & survivability

plume shot and razor feathers are good physical skills... for early and middle game. Later wizards get +100 phys resist (+150 demonb:shocked). Some said that even triple sparked razors only tickles them. Venos get +120 phys. resist. in fox form and many go heavy and light and other clerics still have the shield. So arcanes get very hard once they get good gear.

Cyclone is good for slowing but it doesn't pack a punch. It's only for kiting.

Yea, wield thunder is strong and it doesn't require chi but that's the only good one.

Tempest packs a punch but it takes 2 sparks. Long casting and without chi, no sparks for wield th. no shield no debuffs.

I'm not saying we should be wizards. Hell no! But just look at them 4 good initial spells (pyro, gush, stone, hailstorm)(no chi) 4 MASSIVE middle nukes (div. pyro, sandstorm, snare, firebird)(NO CHI) and three absolutely incredible ultimates (dragon=b:shocked mountain=as strong as dragon and mass stun and a "1shot arcanes" skill).

The cleric: sleep-debuff-purify-cyclone-run-spark wield th. You cant beat someone your lvl under 10secs.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Cyclone Is Good For Slowing But It Doesn't Pack A Punch. It's Only For Kiting. lolwut? Its Like The Main Attack A Cleric Has, Level Up You Metal Mastery..

Yea, Wield Thunder Is Strong And It Doesn't Require Chi But That's The Only Good One.

I'm Not Saying We Should Be Wizards. Hell No! But Just Look At Them 4 Good Initial Spells (pyro, Gush, Stone, Hailstorm)(no Chi) 4 Massive Middle Nukes (div. Pyro, Sandstorm, Snare, Firebird)(no Chi) And Three Absolutely Incredible Ultimates (dragon=b:shocked Mountain=as Strong And Mass Stun And A 1shot Arcanes Skill). they Are Also Very Squeeshy Midgame, All Dd, No Survival
    The Cleric: Sleep-debuff-purify-cyclone-run-spark Wield Th. You Cant Beat Someone Your Lvl Under 10secs.
    omg I Haz To Wurk Longer Then 10 Secounds To Keel Persons

... if you want an easy breezy no brain class, try a veno, u can have success with little effort.
  • darkerhumor2010
    edited March 2010
    Options
    omg I Haz To Wurk Longer Then 10 Secounds To Keel Persons

So you're saying "get food supplies and water near you to last for a few days and keep poking until a whole platinum charm wears out?b:shocked"
    ... if you want an easy breezy no brain class, try a veno, u can have success with little effort.

No pixel bewbs for me tnx.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So you're saying "get food supplies and water near you to last for a few days and keep poking until a whole platinum charm wears out?b:shocked"

its called strategy.. as stated earlier, we are not a class to DD through charms.

DD/kite til opponent is at 50% HP and Use a powerful spell amped/ debuffed to finish.
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I find it funny how everyone that opposes this idea and isn't playing a cleric as their main all pretty much try to point out how we do so well against poison mobs.

That is very true and I agree, I absolutely fricking LOOOOOOOOOOVE poison mobs, because they're the only sort of mobs that a cleric can handle like other classes do any other sort of mob.

Sure, if you're careful and know what you're doing, you CAN cope with any other mob as well no problemo, however that still doesn't change the fact that clerics are so fricking underpowered.

Telling me to lvl up Plume Shell and use it ain't going to solve anything, because that drains the clerics MP, which is sort of needs to do ANYTHING AT ALL. Telling me that we already have Tempest aaaand.... razor.... doesn't solve anything at all either, because as pointed, tempest takes 2 sparks (And thus used veeery rarely, although I do luv that skill) and razor is hardly the sort of cannon that would really harm even an arcane wearer, let alone Heavy.

Clerics are underpowered, this is a fact that should be dealt someway.

And yes, I'm very well aware that there are some very kickass clerics out there, I know 1 very personally. But they're also lvl 100's with absolutely kick **** gear. Yes, I also know that there are midhigh lvl clerics that play their chars VERY WELL, but they are NOT the norm, they are the exception.

Of course I am going to support any suggestion that would make clerics equally powered as the other classes. I'm not saying that they should be as hard hitting as wizards, or anything, but at least something to balance things out.
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Stop putting your point in str should fix it b:beatup

Cleric are not underpowered especialy in the later level (look at this demon WieldT+ elemental seal and if you want you can even use extrem poison that s kick ****)
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I find it funny how everyone that opposes this idea and isn't playing a cleric as their main
    Lol... I play both my chars equally, they are almost on par with lvl. I'm not gona switch each time I want to post in clerics' section. YOU on the other hand... are a much lower lvl player & I could point that out, claiming you can't even make a good judgement since you're only a bit over 80... Which I didn't do... So refrain from saying I'm only saying clerics are not underpowered cause I haven't played mine enough.
    all pretty much try to point out how we do so well against poison mobs.
    ALL? I believe I was , if not the only one... maybe 2 ppl...
    however that still doesn't change the fact that clerics are so fricking underpowered.
    U say they are underpower, I say there are perfectly fine... Not sure what u're doing wrong with yours.
    Telling me to lvl up Plume Shell and use it ain't going to solve anything, because drains the clerics MP,
    Yes sure don't lvl up your atk skills either, cause higher lvl takes more MP, & it ain't going to solve anything.
    razor is hardly the sort of cannon that would really harm even an arcane wearer, let alone Heavy.
    Rofl.... plz... plz dont tell me u use razors/plume against heavy... b:bye
    Clerics are underpowered, this is a fact that should be dealt someway.
    No it's your opinion.
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Shealu, I have 300+ magic and 5 str. And Im well aware that clerics can be decent at 90+, but that doesnt change the fact that in lvls 1-90 it can be bit more difficult than if you were any other class.
    YOU on the other hand... are a much lower lvl player & I could point that out, claiming you can't even make a good judgement since you're only a bit over 80...

And how are you able to make a judgement as to how long someone has plaid their class based on their lvl? Since when did those two walk hand in hand? If LVLing happened completely based on playtime, I would be lvl 100 by now. How do I know? Many friends of mine are 100 now when we used to be on par before.

The difference is, if you can afford charms to do RBs.

This renders your point moot, if you even had a point there.

And as we know, if youre a lvl 90+ player, you have IQ of 160 and know everything there is to know about anything and your experience, wisdom and knowledge far outstamps anyone whom doesnt reach your high divine lvl number.
    VILKASS wrote:
    ALL? I believe I was , if not the only one... maybe 2 ppl...

And what makes you think this is the first and only time I've had this converstion?

VILKASS wrote:
    U say they are underpower, I say there are perfectly fine... Not sure what u're doing wrong with yours.

Then how come that a lvl 80+ WIZARD, the one class a cleric should excel against, can 1 shot a cleric? Let alone any melee class, whom all can just stun lock a cleric and **** them... or a veno with a nix. Honestly, if clerics are so awesome in battle, then how come we don\t see more of them?
    VILKASS wrote:
    Yes sure don't lvl up your atk skills either, cause higher lvl takes more MP, & it ain't going to solve anything.

My plume shot, cyclone and wield thunder are all lvl 10 with lvl 10 metal mastery. Thank you very much...

VILKASS wrote:
    Rofl.... plz... plz dont tell me u use razors/plume against heavy... b:bye

Plz, plz dont tell me you dont realize that razor is an aoe and doesnt discriminate between heavy, or arcane.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Plz, plz dont tell me you dont realize that razor is an aoe and doesnt discriminate between heavy, or arcane.

lulwut? I really hope I read this wrong.

Are you saying you think Razor Feathers is effective on HA users? That is so inaccurate its not even funny.

if you use it on a group with Arcane/LA/HA they will all receive different damage.. Im not really sure why you would think otherwise..

edit: and how do you only have 5 Str? U need 40+ for your latest gear for arcane.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Shealu, I have 300+ magic and 5 str. And Im well aware that clerics can be decent at 90+, but that doesnt change the fact that in lvls 1-90 it can be bit more difficult than if you were any other class.

I think I know why you're dying. You must still be wearing the lvl 1 arcane armor with only 5 str.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Shealu, I have 300+ magic and 5 str.
    o.O I'm curious as to how u're able to equip gear... Unless u have the +45 str tome...
    And how are you able to make a judgement as to how long someone has plaid their class based on their lvl? Since when did those two walk hand in hand? If LVLing happened completely based on playtime, I would be lvl 100 by now. How do I know? Many friends of mine are 100 now when we used to be on par before.
    My comment was merely a retort directed at you mentioning that everyone who claims cleric are not underpowered are those that don't play clerics as mains. Further doesn't matter what lvl your friends are, the fact is you are merely a middle lvl player who doesn't even have access to +89 skills. Doesn't matter how long you played, you still lack the experience of those.
    The difference is, if you can afford charms to do RBs.
    o.o Clerics barely spend charms in rbs... I would know being one...

Then how come that a lvl 80+ WIZARD, the one class a cleric should excel against, can 1 shot a cleric?
    Crit lol? Op gear? Blade tempest? Barbs get 1 shot by wizes. I'm not quite sure what u're trying to point out.
    Let alone any melee class, whom all can just stun lock a cleric and **** them...
    Yes ofcourse u're "****"ed, since you're the one who says lvling plume shell is useless, no wonder you get "****"ed by melees. + If any AA gets jumped by surprise & stunlocked they are most likely b:fatb ed. You have proved nothing again.
    or a veno with a nix.
    Lol... b:bye Omg QQ niXes heurt. That's news

My plume shot, cyclone and wield thunder are all lvl 10 with lvl 10 metal mastery. Thank you very much...
    I was being sarcastic towards your comment on not lvling plume shell...

I seriously duno what to say except learn to play the class or reroll into a DD if you want to do tons of damage & 1 shoot everyone half the time.

Bk to wq :)