West District: The Lag Pit Of Doooom

2»

Comments

• Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lag.. in west arch.. only sometimes xD
    can't ride my kirin there XD but flying over it aint too bad :)
    running is the problem there for me o.o

being on ground = lag XD
    but flying low over catshops = no problem XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This game is seriously not optimized well enough.

I have a quad core, 2 very good gpus and still lag in archo. I can run crysis at a decent framerate... crysis. Yet pwi west archo lags.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    axt57 wrote: »
    This game is seriously not optimized well enough.

I have a quad core, 2 very good gpus and still lag in archo. I can run crysis at a decent framerate... crysis. Yet pwi west archo lags.

servers ftl
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Network problems don't cause framerate issues.

funny that isnt it

ive tried 3 diff gfx cards in my pc

8800 gts 320mb model
    7800gtx
    GTX260 896mb model

and guess what, they all produce the same fps and the same amount of lag

network choke and **** servers are what causes all this
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    funny that isnt it

ive tried 3 diff gfx cards in my pc

8800 gts 320mb model
    7800gtx
    GTX260 896mb model

and guess what, they all produce the same fps and the same amount of lag

network choke and **** servers are what causes all this

um santacruz, hate to rain on your parade, but NETWORK lag doesnt affect GRAPHICAL lag

i get zero NETWORK lag while in west archo with all gfx at max, while i get some minor GRAPHICAL lag

and i've got a ATI radeon x1200, this damn card is ancient and on legacy support

so no idea what causes you such issues, but just know one thing: just cause you have "teh epic" gfx card, doesnt automatically make anything that lags on it instantly wrong or w/e... you probably have a hardware conflict somewhere
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Its got nothing to do with the network or servers... if I set everything to low in the graphics menu all the lag goes away on my setup. I get worse lag the longer I stay in archo, so it might be RAM related... there used to be a big memory leak and I doubt they ever truly fixed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    um santacruz, hate to rain on your parade, but NETWORK lag doesnt affect GRAPHICAL lag

i get zero NETWORK lag while in west archo with all gfx at max, while i get some minor GRAPHICAL lag

and i've got a ATI radeon x1200, this damn card is ancient and on legacy support

so no idea what causes you such issues, but just know one thing: just cause you have "teh epic" gfx card, doesnt automatically make anything that lags on it instantly wrong or w/e... you probably have a hardware conflict somewhere

There's good money and then there's bad money.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    woahwoah guys, i think your missing the point

the girl is asking why everyone seems to want to cause west district to lag.

sure, theres the other districts, their fine, only a few there ( ive counted the usual f 5-20) butin west district, there must be half of dreamweaver there... O>o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    woahwoah guys, i think your missing the point

the girl is asking why everyone seems to want to cause west district to lag.

sure, theres the other districts, their fine, only a few there ( ive counted the usual f 5-20) butin west district, there must be half of dreamweaver there... O>o

And we pointed out with a good enough computer they can't make it lag b:sweat
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
    edited February 2010

*removed-d-d*
  • masterfu2
    masterfu2 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 975 3.33GHz(Quad Core) Extreme Performance.

12GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Dominator DHX high performance.

4x SLT Quad Nvidia GeForce GTX 285 CLASSIFIED Edition 1GB includes Physx Technology.

CPU Boost: stage 2: 3.33GHz to 4.2GHz with H20 cooling.

Windows 7 64bit Edition.

Yep, made by Digital Storm

no more lagging problems in the hellhole
    b:laugh
    hi :3
  • Tonttuu - Heavens Tear
    Tonttuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Has anyone avoided the west disctrict in arhco completely? i tryed to run throguh it ( and i mena, i got a really good broadmband) , it takes 5 minutes just to get to the other side on best performance.

theother districts are so empty, why does everyone pil up in one place? do they know? it causes people to lag to death?

very simple ur comp sux thats why it lags
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    *removed-d-d*

lol, looks like someone said a few things they shouldn't have b:chuckle
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    [The following post is based on my experience as a technician and programmer familiar with the 'mechanics' behind software and networking, it might not be entirely correct but is as honest as I can put it while not being hard to understand]

PWI indeed runs differently than many 3D games and for some reason (that only the engineers/developers behind its core might know) it runs very differently on different set-ups. Even with a healthy system (both hardware and software wise), great CPU, tons of DDR3 RAM, great graphics card, great network device and everything else and all the settings tuned for optimal performance it can still graphically (Frames Per Second) lag due to some unique form of compatibility issues (between the game and your system).

Server performance and your connection to it does not directly affect FPS much, if at all. There is one exception (where the connection related processes are tied synchronously to the rendering/drawing processes) I can think of but I'm not good with words at the moment (bad at describing) and it's irrelevant for PWI. b:surrender

So a good computer that doesn't run PWI as efficiently can have as poor FPS as a relatively poor computer that can run PWI efficiently for various hard-to-find reasons. It's this reason why software technical support for PCs is so much more difficult than for consoles where all the hardware and firmware is the same, at least for it's release date/year, country/region, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    lol, looks like someone said a few things they shouldn't have b:chuckle

yea i guess they thought it might offend the kids in here b:chuckle *hint hint*
  • XGizmoVen - Heavens Tear
    XGizmoVen - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Maybe a good update just like auction.
    Delete Catshops after 24h (Account just logs out)
    Create a grid (max 25 shops / grid)

Something like that will reduce the lag allot

or No Catshops inside the towns :p
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Alienware, you will never have lag again
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    Linwiz - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    1. It is because of networks that cause west arch lag
    2. debate all you want graphics dont have a damn thing to do with it (very minor effect graphics have on it)

Here is why

Person A and Person B are in west arch

Server tells Person B where Person A is (and what they are doing etc)

Server tells Person A where Person B is

Person C logs on

Server tells Person C where Person A and Person B are

Server tells Person A where Person B and Person C are

Server tells Person B where Person A and Person C are

Person D teleports to west arch

Server tells D where A B and C are

Server tells A where B C and D are

Server tells B where C D and A are

Server tells C where D A and B are
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

get the idea?, for every person that comes there are more network actions that have to be completed, more things the server has to do, more information that has to be sent back and forth to you, and keep in mind server has to update all of that information a few times per second just to keep everything looking naturalish so that even adds more on top of all that

Next person that says its because of graphics is a moron

and with this, enough saying its because of graphics >.>
  • WuGui - Lost City
    WuGui - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    CPU: Intel(R) Core 2 Quad Q8400@2.66Ghz
    8 GB RAM
    Video Card: GeForce GTX 295
    Desktop running at: 1280x1024 (32bit) (75Hz)

I get 12 FPS at West District, that is all.
    I have a wireless connection 800kbps line with average 300 ms stable ping to the server, this explains its not the graphic card problem, but the bandwidth and ping with your network line.
    I have a friend who gets 60 FPS on a 80v80 TW constant with a 10MBps line and 250 ping to the server with pretty much the same build RIG.
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yesterday I updated my motherboard, CPU and memory.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 at ~2.8 GHz
    RAM: DDR2 2GB at 800 MHz
    Graphics: GeForce 8600 GT OC (BFG's Over Clock edition) - Not changed.

Before update: FPS estimated around 3 - 5 with full graphic settings in West Archosaur, plus lots of freezes and staggering.

After update: FPS estimated around 10 - 15 with full graphic settings in West Archosaur, with much less freezes and staggering.

So even graphics devices and network/internet/connectivity aren't always the limiting factors. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i used to lag, and really hate it when i had 2x alts in arch. becuase as a cleric/archer around lvl 20 u can just fly over west arch avoiding 1/2 the lag. but i got a new computer and i can have like HIGH performance on and rarely lag b:cuteb:cute
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt