West District: The Lag Pit Of Doooom

Options
Tulisia - Dreamweaver
Tulisia - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Has anyone avoided the west disctrict in arhco completely? i tryed to run throguh it ( and i mena, i got a really good broadmband) , it takes 5 minutes just to get to the other side on best performance.

theother districts are so empty, why does everyone pil up in one place? do they know? it causes people to lag to death?
Post edited by Tulisia - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    it has nothing (or very little) to do with your internet connection...

the lag is primarily graphical, and as such means you need a better comp

(even those with custom-built power rigs suffer west archo lag)
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • KimikoLight - Sanctuary
    KimikoLight - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i personally have no problem with the "west dist lag" b:pleased
  • Valne - Sanctuary
    Valne - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think it's funny how the majority of players in west arch are on their mounts, AFKing.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lol yeah i know what you mean now that is just contributing to the lag for people who actually do suffer.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Archosaur was the first town to have a consistent amount of shops so out of tradition shops congregated there. You just need a better graphics card. Its not going to get better more shops will be put there to put you mind at ease there are several movements to move a variety of shops out of there. But there won't be a serious change unless key npcs are moved from there so get over it not much you can do about it people have to sell their goods and west is the best place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I personally find north or south district the best place too sell in archo. May not be as populated but people can see my shop. b:surrender
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Graphics card, RAM (memory), CPU, in that order. Other factors can that come into play such as hard drive performance too. Running less non-essential programs and having updated drivers really helps too.

But West Arch is indeed highly populated and causes problems for many players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    west lag cause of thousand catshop around i go in here only for daily quest
    i was using south adc but nowaday people also started to make lot catshop around banker so now i go mainly north only
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Fielyla - Sanctuary
    Fielyla - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    is there stil dubbled walls in arch and i hate trees anywhere thay get on my nerves . mabe take out some detail or something in arch
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Graphics card, RAM (memory), CPU, in that order. Other factors can that come into play such as hard drive performance too. Running less non-essential programs and having updated drivers really helps too.

But West Arch is indeed highly populated and causes problems for many players.
    bull. GPU, CPU, THEN RAM. maxed out my GPU is not struggling, my CPU is. and my ram's fine too
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i would say ram , graphic card, cpu
    graphic is not calculate into the cpu everything from graphic card and storage/ram
    graphic would come in first but u can reduce the graphic so it only the ram that is left

i play with very old computer my cpu is amd barton 2600 (1.92Ghz), my graphic card is nvidia fx5200 (agp card) and i have only 512 mo ddr2 ram

it very laggy everything always on low and off :S
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    From playing FFXI for 8 years now, i could've sworn lag like the KIND described here comes from the fact there's so many PEOPLE in one spot the GAME'S servers can't send all that information fast enough.

I built my pc I use now back a year afer starting FFXI just cause my old pc couldnt' handle it. lol In both THIS game and that one... I NEVER lag (even in places people always complain about "lag", if they even know what TYPE they're talking about), except in places like west arch, where there's 32423845873456346 people in one spot. IF any of u play FFXI, the only time i lag in that is.... in campaign. And i turn on the effect filters for everything but what's done to me. This pc's good enough to handle Tomb Raider Underwold on MAX settings, and if anyone has THAT..... you'll know why i mention it.

Point being, if you skip and jump and go in slow mo all the time.... it's time to upgrade the pc. IF it JUST happens in West arch.... turn on best perrformance like i do while your'e there (the big button over your health bar or hit CTRL F9, it doesn't crash the game anymore and neither does alt-tabbing out to explorer as of about a month ago) since there's nothing you can do about it. The server's just can't send that much info that fast. My friend just built a NEW pc, 4Ghz QUAD core hpyer threading, 8 gigs of ram, Vid card with 1 Gid Ram... blah blah blah... he's on the new FIOS internet too (freaking INSANE speeds), and HE LAGS in West Arch.

btw i'm on the fastest DSL Bellsouth has.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have a 9600GT and it doesnt lag too much in west arch. If you have a recent video card (atleast from a year ago) West arch will be fine.

If you can play COD4 without any lag, you can play Perfect World without any lag.

If you lag too much then replace your graphics card (512mb card maybe). DW about RAM. RAM does not matter as much for gaming than a graphics card or processor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    erm MY card's only a couple years old, or maybe even one, can't remember when the last one got fried lol... But this is a Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS... and with 512 ram. And like i said i can play TR: Underworld on MAX settings and not lag and that's a hell of a feat, especialy in the begging level with all the fire in the burning estate.
    I have CoD 4: Modern Warfare, all the C&C games, I have NEVER seen a game need more power then TR Underworld (My friend tried it on his older pc that was CLOSE to mine in specs and lagged/skipped like hell on max).

O ya, i didn't say i lag ALOT in west arch, actually it's bearable. Come to think of it i barely lag. lol But i do, just the simple fact there's too many people in one spot/section (sector), nothing you can do about that. This TYPE of lag isn't because of pc specs, like i said. Granted you'll see less the more powerful your pc is, and like i said b4 my friend built a new one that's insane, but he still gets hiccups of lag. ON FIOS internet..
    edited February 2010
    Options
    bull. GPU, CPU, THEN RAM. maxed out my GPU is not struggling, my CPU is. and my ram's fine too

En contra, my CPU fluctuates mostly between 70 - 90% while with full graphics even about 40 - 50 players around in West Arch can dip the FPS to uncomfortable levels, not much better than when it's usually populated actually.

It depends on one's set-up, particularly the CPU and RAM, motherboard and even software and settings. In fact right now due to my peculiar SATA problem (which is too complicated to explain right here and now) my biggest slow down is the hard drive reading which now frequently freezes the game badly especially when running through West Arch.

With only 1GB of RAM too, it'll quickly use more virtual memory too on the hard drives.

Alasen, the 512 MB RAM would be what's making it so slow, more than your graphics card even. It might be better to upgrade that prior to your grx.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So slow? Did you miss the part i said i barely lag at all? That i can play one of the most graphic intensive games i've seen on max w/o problems? You all dont' seem to get that half of THIS TYPE of lag problems (when ALOT of people are in one section) in online games like this is due to the fact the servers cant' keep updating that much data to everyone fast enough. hell my pc still blows alot of other pc's on the shelves outta the water, adn my friend just built one that's like 4x faster. AND he's on FIOS, he can DL 9 gig a sec i think it was on the speed test. and he STILL gets lag in west arch.

Like i said before if your pc's too slow to handle games like TR: Underworld (OFFLINE), then it's time to upgrade. Other then that there's nothing you can do about this except to use CTRL F9 while you're in West Arch.
  • Hirn - Sanctuary
    Hirn - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't lag unbearably in the West District. I just have have a good enough computer to survive the pit. Hoorah.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hehe b:laugh
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I use an Emachines 32-bit Vista (horrible, I know. DX), and I barely lag in west Arch. Of course, I can't play on max settings- but I'm not on minimum either.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2010
    Options
    2.4Ghz Core2Duo processor
    4 GB ram (sharing 1GB to video)
    Nvidia 8800GT 512MB video (1.5MB because of shared ram)
    Windows 7 64-bit
    1680x1050 screen rez
    minimal graphical lag in west arch
    all graphics settings are cranked up except shadows. I get a little lag in west if I turn shadows on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wow... that's actually kinda impressive Camer, especially with vista being the memory hog from hell that it is.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    2.4Ghz Core2Duo processor
    4 GB ram (sharing 1GB to video)
    Nvidia 8800GT 512MB video (1.5MB because of shared ram)
    Windows 7 64-bit
    1680x1050 screen rez
    minimal graphical lag in west arch
    all graphics settings are cranked up except shadows. I get a little lag in west if I turn shadows on.

That's awesome....it seems the memory and 64-bit system really helps. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Weesa - Heavens Tear
    Weesa - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    had a nivdia 8500 graphics card.
    had lag real bad every where, tried everything posted under the tech section to fix my lag. nothing worked.

ripped out my graphics card and i am now using my onboard graphics, problem solved. no more lag. talk about wierd when your graphics card causes your lag.
  • Padime - Dreamweaver
    Padime - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I agree with what the poster of this topic is saying. why the hell does everyone have to cram up in the west district? i try to avoid it at all costs.
    basically sayign, if those catshops where mroe spread out, it would be a hell of a load easier to walk arond wihout your computer freezing all the time

(when a computer overheats it freezes, how ironic)
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    it has nothing (or very little) to do with your internet connection...

the lag is primarily graphical, and as such means you need a better comp

(even those with custom-built power rigs suffer west archo lag)

wrong, its all network choke that causes the lag not graphical
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wrong, its all network choke that causes the lag not graphical

Network problems don't cause framerate issues.
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    my comp laggs so bad at west district that when i log off im trying to stay as far as i can from west district last time i almost couldn't logging anymore cause i was in west district when i logged off b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wow so many dumb people.
    they buy $1000 worth Cash items instead of getting a computer that isnt ****. I never evah had problems with lag (<3 computer)
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    turn on best performance. lol ive had duels in west arch b:chuckle b:pleased
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The server's just can't send that much info that fast. My friend just built a NEW pc, 4Ghz QUAD core hpyer threading, 8 gigs of ram, Vid card with 1 Gid Ram... blah blah blah... he's on the new FIOS internet too (freaking INSANE speeds), and HE LAGS in West Arch.
    My junky little P4 laptop with 1 Gig RAM and on-board Intel graphics doesn't lag in West Arch.

However, there does seem to be a problem with the game client's graphics engine. The longer you play, the laggier the game becomes until it starts becoming a slide-show. Being in West Archo speeds up how quickly this happens, and once it does happen being is West Archo becomes almost impossible. I'm fairly certain it's a lack of garbage collection for old textures, meaning the game just keeps loading more and more textures and never frees them to make room for others until you exit the game. Once you do exit and restart the client, though, it goes right back to full speed.

Oddly, the on-board Intel graphics chips of my junky laptops don't have this problem, but the dedicated Nvidia and ATI graphic cards of my desktops do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com