EVENT: Monster Siege!

13»

Comments

• Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well! That was fun.

I forgot about this, actually, until I came back from AFK at arrivals, and found mobs & lag-beasts up to my eartips... Ah well. Got a couple mirages out of it, had a blast... can't complain. :)
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It was a cluster**** of people, our squad with 2 nixes a bm cleric and barb were able to kill one of the Spearmen (well, do the most dmg), but we got crappy perfect CS shards, mostly the event, beyond killing a few mobs for BH (Linus for example), was stuff we could do at any given point. I appreciate the coordination in preparing it I just think it could be a little more, uh, special?
  • Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear
    Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I for one, enjoyed the event...only bad part was that it was so short b:surrender but oh well O: I didnt lag at all amazingly either, (stupendous west arch lagger here) got a few drops...better than nothing ;___; Did like how the spawns were spread out all over, btw.~
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Unfortunately my main computer (namely my motherboard I believe) gave up on life so I could barely even start Windows let alone play PWI. Did I miss much? b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Well, I can't speak for the other areas, but at Arrivals there were Ethereal Abominations from FB89, renamed "OM NOM NOM."

Silly, yet somehow awesome.
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I personally had a blast even though all I did was die and spam random nonsence. After I dared me to go down with the Om nom nom which I did I then ended up realising theres nothing left to do but go crazyb:laugh
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I for one enjoyed it^,6"

Killed some bossys with the guildies and even got a couple drops. Lagalicious but that was remedied by pulling our mobs away from the masses and killing em where there wasn't any people^_^

Overall not bad, wasn't tooo horrendous^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    And the "OMG, LAG, QQ / FAIL EVENT" whining evaporates in the face of "OMG FACE BURN" forum revamp.

Nice slight of hand there, PWE. Very smooth. clap.gif
  • Hari - Heavens Tear
    Hari - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I had loads of fun :)

Our squad got 2 chrono pages, a perf ruby, 2 sky demon's pearl, skillbooks, 3*s, etc.

And I think the manager of the low-lvl event remembers one of my squad members finding the low-lvl event mobs half an hour before the event started, and we were AoEing the fb19/29/39/General Fengs all over the place, so much fun with no competition b:pleased until we were asked to leave because event was starting b:surrender.

I guess there's something to be said for having suntear and 2 nixes on your squad.
    HT clerics at their finest:

hari: can you do mdef debuffs? makes the fight go faster
    naughty_x: waste, I do more damage without them
    hari: ...you do more damage in 2 seconds than reducing mdef by 35% for 4 casters does in 20 seconds?
    naughty_x: is waste, i do more damage

hari: 3-3 BH goes a lot faster with a sin
    naughty_x: no, only a difference of like 3 minutes
    hari: ...we've been in here a lot longer than 3 minutes already
    naughty_x: your opinion
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It wasn't a bad event, the spawns were pretty spread out and it was less laggier than the Archo Siege event, so it was tolerable, although I can understand that there are still a number of people who have difficulties fighting under Archo caliber lag. But yea, I thought it was a bit short. Maybe an hour of it would've been better?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chaotica_ - Heavens Tear
    Chaotica_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Absolutely atrocious.

I don't know how it was in the LOW and HIGH areas, but its safe to say that whatever happened in the MID area was anything but tolerable and playable.

The main problem was the fact that there are a lot of players from level 50 to 80, something that caused not only one of the worst event lags I've ever encountered during my time in the game, but utterly no fairness to the low levels of this area
    Fact is that level 50-60 were to fight with/against level 70-80 players , which left them little to no chance of getting drops no matter how much damage they had made or if they were the first to hit the mob.
    But lets get back to the lag issue. In every event theres lag, its inevitable I suppose. But the fact that such a wide range of levels were to fight in one area didn't help at all.

Next event, if there's ever going to be one - PWE must have their servers prepered but also devide the levels into more groups so that the load of people will be far more controlable and so is the lag itself.

On a personal note, even as a level 80 BM I was absolutely unable to play this event. For 5 minutes I fought and fought and got nothing. For 3 minutes later, I was aimlessly trying to move my character away from the area to leave this event for good. I then logged, frustrated.

On another note; as far as I know Venos are unable to play with two pets. That said I saw one Veno using two but sadly due to the lag I was also completely unable to screen it. If indeed the case was of a veno playing two pets, I certainly hope that person will recieve the ban hammer some day.
  • El_Tigre - Raging Tide
    El_Tigre - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    First time, last time.
    Lag was horrible, only (very low) coin drops.
  • Lupko - Heavens Tear
    Lupko - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    nothing special, just spawning mobs at some place...
    lags,lags, lags, KS, KS, dead ppl everywhere, and even more lags...
    I was having fun at some point but I thought that this event would be
    interesting...
    PS: is someone scripting mobs at PWI? This game is way too static...b:shutupb:bye
    Ehm, and thanks for doing BH bosses via this eventb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lil archer of Radiance with big heart and maybe hint of humor...
  • D_oryy - Heavens Tear
    D_oryy - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lmao the low level area was amazingly fun,
    3* was dropping everywhere and got some amazing low level gears :p .
    And we were just straight up laughing at the bosses names such as
    "LePewPew" LOL b:laugh

;o I got 1 chrono page and a demon sky mold and some couple hundred K $$ from random loots
    +1 Awesome event guys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seerstil
    seerstil Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    just lag lag and more lag for me, but events like this on any free game are just the same, to many players on to few servers, shame really i was looking forward to this.
  • GreenCricket - Heavens Tear
    GreenCricket - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I had a great time at the event and think we should have more of this sort of stuff. Even tho the bosses in the high level area were pretty much dominiated by the +95 crowd it was fun and many hilarious moments were experienced and observed. The GM's helped out a bit by letting us know that there were more mobs to the south...my only QQ is that it could have been longer and that it would have been cool to have a really big boss for the area that we could all try to kill. All in all I enjoyed it!
    Thanks,
    GC
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Okay event, too short, make the area bigger so people aren't crumpled up together.

Thank you for the added opportunity for PK b:chuckle
  • MsShandril - Heavens Tear
    MsShandril - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The only thinq I could think of is to place a time and place ahead of time and get it closer to a small range. I think basically just like FB's about 10 level parts and everyone has a fair shot. I know it would be a lot but maybe set up 10 different spots I know it could make a day of it for a few GM's but it is not a daily thing. That is the only suggestion I could think of so it is fair to all.
    The only other thing I could think of is treat it like the blood. Have any drops go randomyly into peoples inventories who fought the boss. But I'm guessing that would be the harder one to code.
    Oh and Chaotica they said having 2 nix in the squad not 1 veno having 2 nix.
    edited February 2010
    Oh and Chaotica they said having 2 nix in the squad not 1 veno having 2 nix.

Re-read my comment :) I saw a veno (I will not name her username here) with a herc and another pet out, both carried her name along theirs (i.e. XXX's "pet name") which obviously means she somehow managed to have two pets out during the event.
    I don't believe its something I saw during the lag (i.e. frame rate dropped meaning I couldn't see her switch between pets and even then - why would one switch from a herc to a pet that's available around level 40).
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Re-read my comment :) I saw a veno (I will not name her username here) with a herc and another pet out, both carried her name along theirs (i.e. XXX's "pet name") which obviously means she somehow managed to have two pets out during the event.
    I don't believe its something I saw during the lag (i.e. frame rate dropped meaning I couldn't see her switch between pets and even then - why would one switch from a herc to a pet that's available around level 40).

unless it was someone who has two computers with two characters the same name (i.e used i instead of L or some such) I seen a few of them running around HT but its been awhile
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    unless it was someone who has two computers with two characters the same name (i.e used i instead of L or some such) I seen a few of them running around HT but its been awhile

Yeah, I thought so too but since I lagged I had enough time to look carefully, it was the same veno with two pets carrying its name. I was rather shocked because that has to be a **** or someone messing with the game files, no?

I'm upset I wasn't able to capture it b:angry
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I found the names to be funny, I had fun after I decided to give up and just spam random noncence it was funny when others started to join in. I think next time I go to one i'll just spam random noncence about tacos since I got a lot of reactions about tacosb:laugh
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • WriteWrong - Heavens Tear
    WriteWrong - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I missed it :( I had class
  • Haley_Star - Heavens Tear
    Haley_Star - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I missed it :( I had class

it was a lagfest lol. but one of the bosses was OM NOM NOM.

~Priceless~ lol
  • WriteWrong - Heavens Tear
    WriteWrong - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    it was a lagfest lol. but one of the bosses was OM NOM NOM.

~Priceless~ lol

sounds delicious and makes me hungry at the same time. did it spew gravy after you killed it